AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 22:44   Link #441
Paiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
For the time being, this is THE thread for Suzumiya .. dont start new ones. This series is liable to popular enough for the mods to create a whole subforum for it though. The theories you mention have been speculated by some and so far, those who have read the novels have been nice enough to keep their mouths shut.

I've not read any of the source material, so I'm just going to take it as it comes ... at the moment its just an entertaining character study about a small group of people centered by the chaos we call Suzumiya.
So err.. wtf, didnt i say so i wont take the chance... so as of meaning isnt that obviously i WONT make another thread?

and i havent even read the manga btw, so screw u.
Im just statin my theories thats about it.
If it interest you than im happy. If other people like to relate to it that, thats great i be really really happy

as much said, okay some people might of shut their mouth's but some people might have not even realized it. So some people likes to spoiled then well they can read my theory to this series

So much as im gonna blab more ill just sum it up

I kept it under forum regulations so screw u dude i havent done anything wrong

oh btw, thats why i stated on top, i want to create another topic for my theories for suzumiya but you assume i would but i didnt...
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 23:10   Link #442
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Apparently Paiser has difficulties following the English language, though I guess I can see that it *might* be confusing to some. I thought I was having a regular conversation with him and just noting that everyone had been nice enough to keep spoilers to themselves. Theories are not spoilers, so what he was posting was not an issue. I also agreed with him that starting a new thread wasn't a good idea. I in no way attacked him and actually said I thought his ideas were interesting.

Oh... and, Paiser, you just blew forum regulations with that little nasty post.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-04-12 at 23:21.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 23:12   Link #443
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
If you're talking about Yuki beating up Mikuru, I don't think I gave a reason. I just thought it was funnier after getting to know the characters somewhat.
In that case, it must be in another forum where I read the spoiler.

And yes, the truth about that event after the "beam attack" is strange.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:21   Link #444
Pakxenon
popcorn

First aGIF I've ever made:
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:29   Link #445
Flo
The Necessary Evil

May the Great Emperor of the Imperium bless 4chan and Haruhi! (Found this at 4chan btw)

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:36   Link #446
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
May the Great Emperor of the Imperium bless 4chan and Haruhi! (Found this at 4chan btw)

Haha! great find Flo! I assume Haruhi knows Kung-Fu too?
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:48   Link #447
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
First aGIF I've ever made:

er....what happened to saturday?

They have school on saturday...so....perhaps that's saturday's Hairstyle? Not sundays?

Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:51   Link #448
Pakxenon
popcorn

They didn't have Saturday hairdo, so live with it. :P
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:56   Link #449
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Haha! great find Flo! I assume Haruhi knows Kung-Fu too?
There's no mistake! Haruhi is "THE ONE"!

Man, just finished reading the 1st novel and I have to say something... OH MY GOD... I can't wait to see all this animated! Ladies and Gentlemen, we are in for a ride! Yessiree

Spoiler for 1st novel spoilers:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by melange; 2006-04-13 at 01:32.
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:00   Link #450
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo

This honestly wouldn't be out place in this show.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:01   Link #451
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
There's no mistake! Haruhi is "THE ONE"!

Man, just finished reading the 1st novel and I have to say something... OH MY GOD... I can't wait to see all this animated! Ladies and Gentlemen, we are in for a ride! Yessiree

...snip the spoiler... =/
That would explain a lot, she knows of the real world which is a lot more fun than being locked down by drones

Oh god I'm crying at the spoilers, temptations so high, but must not spoil self for sake of watching this show! T_T
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:16   Link #452
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Question for readers of the novel... did it spoil your experience while watching the series? I really want to pick them up, but it seems like there are many interesting spoilers that should be left to find out while enjoying the anime and reading the novel afterward for more depth.

And if someone could give me a page timeline on the 2nd (or rather 1st ep) it would be appreciated!
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:28   Link #453
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Question for readers of the novel... did it spoil your experience while watching the series? I really want to pick them up, but it seems like there are many interesting spoilers that should be left to find out while enjoying the anime and reading the novel afterward for more depth.

And if someone could give me a page timeline on the 2nd (or rather 1st ep) it would be appreciated!
I can't really answer the 1st ques as I started on the anime then went to the novel, but there are others who should able to give the precise answer. Most of the novel is reproduced, some is summarized. As for me now I find myself going, "Oh.. so thats what it meant" about certain random things that happen in the opening and the episode itself. It makes me want to go back and review the eps for the I-dunno-how-many-th time.

It has been mentioned before but the 2nd ep ends at the 2nd line of the 66th page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Oh god I'm crying at the spoilers, temptations so high, but must not spoil self for sake of watching this show! T_T
As a poster of one of those spoilers, it probably sounds hollow coming from me but... don't give in!

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-13, 01:30   Link #454
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well.. if you must click the damn button, close you eyes .. or make it a double click
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:31   Link #455
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
As a poster of one of those spoilers, it probably sounds hollow coming from me but... don't give in!
Looked at the spoilers already. Doesn't affect anyway.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:35   Link #456
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Looked at the spoilers already. Doesn't affect anyway.
In a sense that's good to hear Makes me feel better Well I did try not to put in too much...

Old 2006-04-13, 01:37   Link #457
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine

No, quite the opposite really (at least for me personally). If the anime was crappy, then knowing what's going to happen will probably detract from what little the anime would have to offer. But since Kyoani did such a good job with the anime, us novel-readers are only more excited about every episode because we know it's going to be awesome.

By 2nd/1st ep, I assume you mean the latest episode. Like I mentioned before, it ran up to page 66 (out of 300 pages) of volume 1 of the novel (about halfway through chapter 2, out of the 7 chapters), following it almost to a tee.

Quote:

One book down... six more to go...
The initial volumes takes some time to build up tempo, but it gets more interesting later. 頑張って一気に四巻まで読んでみて。^^
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:44   Link #458
sophismata
いいえ

Started to collate the images, gifs, and links provided into an SOS団 images thread.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:53   Link #459
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

There are 39 people reading this thread.

I think it's safe to declare:

DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 02:09   Link #460
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
No, quite the opposite really (at least for me personally). If the anime was crappy, then knowing what's going to happen will probably detract from what little the anime would have to offer. But since Kyoani did such a good job with the anime, us novel-readers are only more excited about every episode because we know it's going to be awesome.
I am hijacking this post XD

I concurred with Sushi. Seeing all the hidden plot lines being lay out in the anime makes it for fun for us, the novel readers.

Especially me, since I had envisioned the scenes in my head when I read the story. The animation just what was in my head onto the TV screen.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen