AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episodes 11 & 12 Ratings
Perfect 10 276 67.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 70 17.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 9.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 3.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-21, 14:46   Link #101
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Madoka Magica 11 - Don't be long:

Spoiler for Madoka Magica 12 - My wish My love:

Really, though, the Incubators need to find a method to save the universe (if that is the truth) that doesn't involve killing people, you sadistic bastards.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 14:47   Link #102
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
That was pretty epic.
I'm glad I bought a new TV just to watch Madoka.

Spoiler for The Monk:
Spoiler for monk:
Old 2011-04-21, 14:49   Link #103
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given how so many people are expecting a "soul-crushing", "emotionally scarring" ending, I'll be amused if we get a Morning Rescue end.

That being said, almost all ends that I can conceive of would be ones that I would be happy with. Of course, you never know what Gen might pull out. The Kyubey is an alien/entropy reveal of Episode 9, for example, came as a complete surprise to me.

It will be great to finally know how this anime ends. Definitely looking forward to it!

I will echo Solace and hyperborealis' statements on how fun it's been to talk about this anime. It's spurred on some of the best anime-based discussions that I've ever seen or been a part of. I want to thank everyone here for contributing to that intellectually stimulating and enjoyable time.
I love your new avatar. We will soon all be wearing Urobuchi's smile. Or grimace...
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:17   Link #104
Ginrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wry bread View Post
I cried. This rarely happens. THAT WAS AN EPIC ENDING.

So wait, lemme get this straight:
Spoiler for episode 12:

Spoiler:
Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:22   Link #105
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i quess theres likely a series or movie of homura✩magica in the future.
Old 2011-04-21, 15:29   Link #106
tsunade666

facepalm episode. I was wtf while watching
Spoiler for 11:

Spoiler for 12:

good ending but not happy ending.
Old 2011-04-21, 15:42   Link #107
Mentar
Banned

Oh, and once more: This show's soundtrack is a masterpiece. Time and time again Kajiura Yuki uncorked yet another big new piece. Extremely few repetitions. I remember how I was gaping at the Homura-Walpurgis fight, only to wish to have the OST in my hands.

Wonderful, wonderful work. Epic.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:46   Link #108
bigdeath

An anime whos ending lives up too all the hype.

SHOCKING!!!!!!

I'll comment on the ending after I read the subs but I really want the OST for this show.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:47   Link #109
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Tried to understand the raw but I think I failed pretty hard when it came to some of the specifics. Either way I'm going to wait for subs before I settle on an actual rating for these episodes.

Also something I came across on the PMMM wiki:
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Azrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:48   Link #110
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Heh, I kept saying all along that a wish could fix everything. Kept getting people poo'poo'ing the idea, though. Which means, all of this could have been solved in episode 2... if the girls had acted smarter. Hell, if the Kyube's had been smarter. A plot that could truly only work and be stretched into 12 episodes if the characters were dumb as bricks.

I remember back arguing that Madoka's world-changing power was a very high possibly for doing the ending. Good thing we have God on our side to fix everything! Like I said, a wish and Madoka's power were all we needed.

Will wait for subs for further commentary.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:54   Link #111
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, I kept saying all along that a wish could fix everything.
...and create new problems,this doesn't come close to fixing everything even if it improves things,it's far from a "everyone lived happily ever after ending" .

But anyway,she didn't have enough knowledge about the system in episode 2 to wish for that.
Old 2011-04-21, 15:59   Link #112
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
...and create new problems,this doesn't come close to fixing everything even if it improves things,it's far from a "everyone lived happily ever after ending" .
Sounds like it is a hell of lot better than it was.

Quote:
But anyway,she didn't have enough knowledge about the system in episode 2 to wish for that.
That's entirely the point: she could have asked. That was a complaint from the beginning, in that she was entirely passive throughout the entire thing. I do give her props for contracting, though, which is what I expected (and hoped) for. She paid the cost she needed to. And didn't somehow get her powers another way, heh.
Old 2011-04-21, 16:00   Link #113
digited

Quote:
all of this could have been solved in episode 2... if the girls had acted smarter. Hell, if the Kyube's had been smarter.
No. Madoka didn't have the required knowledge and, more importantly, emotional power.
digited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 16:02   Link #114
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Heh, I kept saying all along that a wish could fix everything. Kept getting people poo'poo'ing the idea, though. Which means, all of this could have been solved in episode 2... if the girls had acted smarter.
I suspect you haven't understood the intrinsics of Madoka's solution at all. It's not like Madoka wished to become god to fix everything. Her wish with which she managed to unravel the meatgrinder was very delicately formulated, and the necessary knowledge to choose this way came very very late in the show. Her becoming a kind of "god" was a mere side-effect, not the point of her wish. I'm not even sure whether or not you understood that by doing what she did, Madoka perished. Had Madoka not been very reluctant to commit (and waste her wish on stuff like "revive Mami"), she would have failed.

Please wait for the subbed version, you might see the ending in a different light.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 16:04   Link #115
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for monk:
Thanks, that explanation is pretty easy to understand.
My English sucks. ;__;

Spoiler for Madoka's Wish & New World's System:

With such near-flawless system, this is probably the best ending this show could get.
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 16:04   Link #116
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Heh, I kept saying all along that a wish could fix everything. Kept getting people poo'poo'ing the idea, though. Which means, all of this could have been solved in episode 2... if the girls had acted smarter. Hell, if the Kyube's had been smarter. A plot that could truly only work and be stretched into 12 episodes if the characters were dumb as bricks.
at first the girls didnt know about the repercussions of becoming puella magi, its in episode 3 thay find out the danger of beign one and at ep 7 what the whole "scam" is, also it took time for madoka to consider to make such a selfless wish, so i dont think the character were dumb, after all madoka was the only one who became a MG after knowing how the MG system worked.
Old 2011-04-21, 16:06   Link #117
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
That's entirely the point: she could have asked. That was a complaint from the beginning, in that she was entirely passive throughout the entire thing. I do give her props for contracting, though, which is what I expected (and hoped) for. She paid the cost she needed to. And didn't somehow get her powers another way, heh.
Spoiler for madoka's wish:
Old 2011-04-21, 16:09   Link #118
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I suspect you haven't understood the intrinsics of Madoka's solution at all. It's not like Madoka wished to become god to fix everything. Her wish with which she managed to unravel the meatgrinder was very delicately formulated, and the necessary knowledge to choose this way came very very late in the show. Her becoming a kind of "god" was a mere side-effect, not the point of her wish. I'm not even sure whether or not you understood that by doing what she did, Madoka perished. Had Madoka not been very reluctant to commit (and waste her wish on stuff like "revive Mami"), she would have failed.

Please wait for the subbed version, you might see the ending in a different light.
You're missing the point. I posted several times, wondering why she didn't ask, why no one asked, "Why don't we just wish all witches away?" I dunno about everyone else, but that was the first thing that came to my mind.

It was meant to be a simple question, a starting point to finding out all the intricacies of the system, then thinking about how one could fix/change it.

And whatdoyaknow, that's exactly what happened. We know now why no limits were ever put on the wish system... because a wish was used for the solution. Which means, yes, all of this could have been solved in episode 2.

Edit: And sounds like a Mai Hime ending, heh. There were those who didn't like that kind of ending, so I wonder how they feel about this? It also sounds like it is turning into a more standard MG world, so it's not so much a deconstruction, as a simple creation of yet-another-MG-series.
Old 2011-04-21, 16:11   Link #119
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Will-power required NOT to watch the raws rising past Homura to Madoka levels...This is maddening...Get the bloody subs out already!!!
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 16:13   Link #120
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Edit: And sounds like a Mai Hime ending, heh. There were those who didn't like that kind of ending, so I wonder how they feel about this? It also sounds like it is turning into a more standard MG world, so it's not so much a deconstruction, as a simple creation of yet-another-MG-series.
And...THat would be bad? I always watched Madoka just because I think it was good, deconstruction is totally irrelevant in my book. And the ending seems decent enough as well.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, final episode thread, madoka magica