AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle Season do you want it
Hell Yes 69 46.62%
yes 36 24.32%
No 20 13.51%
Dont ruin a good thing 23 15.54%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-12, 11:08   Link #41
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
I want a completely new and fresh second season...different male lead...or female lead...Rin and Asa r sumwhere in the world..who cares...better character development, more relationships, a bigger innovation from the the typical Harem genre of anime...no more fighting for Rin..more comedy...better plot...indepth with the chars...probably
Old 2006-01-12, 11:08   Link #42
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
.... What does a nurse do with a boxcutter anyway? Castrate the male patient for lewd behavior? ....
No, but I have seen a nurse use a large pair of locking forceps to "encourage" an unruly male patient to behave. Seriously, unless you have spent a significant amount of time working in a hospital, or hanging around people who do, you cannot imagine how many times a nurse needs to cut something during the course of their day. Tape, tubing, straps, stuff sealed in plastic wrap - anything where sterility is not an issue. And a nice retractable blade like the nurse gave Rin is far safer than the old-school method, which was to carry an old scalpel around. Plus you don't have to worry about anyone accidently mistaking it for a sterile tool.
Old 2006-01-12, 13:06   Link #43
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
I want a completely new and fresh second season...different male lead...or female lead...Rin and Asa r sumwhere in the world..who cares...better character development, more relationships, a bigger innovation from the the typical Harem genre of anime...no more fighting for Rin..more comedy...better plot...indepth with the chars...probably
That means a brand new anime. You know it, right?
Old 2006-01-12, 13:09   Link #44
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
not really...i just meant...without RinxAsa...since they're already done...a different lead...and the same chars from bfore...Rin and Asa can be mentioned or visit once in a while...but it should be focused on sumthin else or sumone else...
Old 2006-01-12, 13:13   Link #45
Paracelsus

I want an anime where the main characters from the first serie are side ones, and where Primula, Tsubomi and some other new character are the new main characters. That's all I can ask from it. But another cliffhanger....no thanks
Old 2006-01-12, 13:16   Link #46
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
I want an anime where the main characters from the first serie are side ones, and where Primula, Tsubomi and some other new character are the new main characters. That's all I can ask from it. But another cliffhanger....no thanks
No no no I want more Kaede And Sia Even KaedexSia will do
shoujo ai rules

But I agree with Crimen, I want another season with the same girls but other male leads and of course different plot + good character development + good storytelling abilities + minimum plot holes (not like Shuffle black holes )
Old 2006-01-12, 13:19   Link #47
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

that's y i call for The Chronicles of KAWAII KAWAII Magical NekoMaid Rimu-Chan
or the The Adventures of Ice Cream Maiden Tsubomi...and Detectives Itsuki and Mayumi Mysteries...
Old 2006-01-12, 13:27   Link #48
Apekatt
Monkeycat

I choose "yes". As long as the producers don't screw it up as badly as the second season of Da Capo i certainly wouldn't mind another season of Shuffle. If a second season would mean a lighthearted anime, a serious and angsty anime or if the second season wouldn't matter. I wouldn't even mind if it was a spin-off which just reused some of the characters from the first season. As long as I get something new to follow and discuss on this messageboard I'm happy!
Old 2006-01-12, 13:31   Link #49
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
No no no I want more Kaede And Sia Even KaedexSia will do
shoujo ai rules

But I agree with Crimen, I want another season with the same girls but other male leads and of course different plot + good character development + good storytelling abilities + minimum plot holes (not like Shuffle black holes )
To make each girl happy they should make like.....another 5 seasons o.O

Now my head is directed towards Soul Link and a possible Oretsuba. I think we'll have fun with them too.
Old 2006-01-12, 13:32   Link #50
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The reason I don't vote is because there are no options like "yes but it has to be better than first season" or "no, unless they are serious about doing a good production this time"

I wouldn't want the writers to visit the poll and see "oh goodie, many voted yes, guess we rock, let's do another one " I want them to be perfectly aware than in the end the Shuffle team screwed up bigtime

Yes, since it's the Shuffle writers, they need 5 seasons. A good storyteller could make a decent story in ONE season and still keep most fans satisfied (in the sense that their character was treated fairly). In Shuffle's case, even Asa's character got messed up in the end, and she's the winner...
Old 2006-01-12, 13:38   Link #51
Paracelsus

It's not that they've screwed up. They simply copied/pasted from somewhere else.
Old 2006-01-12, 13:41   Link #52
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yeah, I know, they got the game and pasted the script and characters along with any inconsistencies. And those that weren't there, they created themselves in their noble but somewhat failed attempt to put all arcs together in a single anime.
Old 2006-01-12, 13:42   Link #53
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Well, I didn't vote straight on the moment I read this, because I wanted to think about it. Now I've decided.
I vote for a moderated "Yes".

I mean, I won't be disappointed to see a sequel for this series but, I would like to have a look on the screenplay before , since I'm not very convinced of authors' intention.
I smell marketing operations, Ichigo 100% style, and I wouldn't like this.
Also I wouldn't like a sequel which reverses the situations of the originals. (like DCSS)

But, I would be very glad to see again these characters and their development, so let's just faithfully cross the fingers and see what happens.
Old 2006-01-12, 14:18   Link #54
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
"Hell Yes"
Old 2006-01-12, 15:53   Link #55
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Also I wouldn't like a sequel which reverses the situations of the originals. (like DCSS)
As I mentioned before, you really do need to keep watching that show. The reason other people in this thread are saying they don't want a sequel like that is the complete opposite. There is no reversal of situations and people were hoping there would be - at least, that they would toy with it more.

Really, I can't see people being any more happy with a Shuffle sequel than they were with D.C.S.S., simply because it's hard to follow up on a show that has a resolute romantic ending. You don't want to undo the ending of the first season, but at the same time you can't spend too much time dwelling on foregone conclusions. (If Rin and Asa really do love each other, then it simply becomes the story of how they solidified their commitment, as in D.C.S.S.) So, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", I think. Unless they deliberately go for "alternate universe" (like Tick! Tack! - well, sort of), or take the main characters out of the picture (like Akane Maniax), I can't see the people in this thread being happy with the sequel. And if we're talking about epilogue episodes, I doubt a second season would be the place for that. So... I don't really have an opinion on whether they should or shouldn't - I just wonder if people know what they're asking for.
Old 2006-01-12, 16:35   Link #56
Loves Anime Alot

Dja

Im kinda late to watching the show but it would nice if a second if not even an after days movie came out but thats just me blabbin on! well i spoke my mind and thats what i had to say!
Old 2006-01-12, 16:46   Link #57
The Desert Tiger

I voted yes becuase I think it would be good as long as it didn't focus on Rin. I would be happy if it would focus on Itsuki or another character and be lightly comedic.
Old 2006-01-12, 17:37   Link #58
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

something like how onegai/please teacher & twins turned out to be? the main characters from the 1st one r still there but isn't the main focus of the 2nd one
Old 2006-01-12, 17:45   Link #59
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Definitely yes, but you'll have to get Rin out of the way right at the beginning!
Without or with Asa, I don't really care...
Then insert a nice male who isn't a spineless jerk, or don't add one for some hot all-girl action!
Old 2006-01-12, 18:20   Link #60
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

and that would be Itsuki!
Closed Thread