AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 15:43   Link #17241
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Okay. While Genius Battler was never conclusively proved or disproved, and remains at best a wacky alternate reading, I see no reason not to go even more crazy and declare Genius Battler 2.0:

Bernkastel has unknowingly wound up in a Logic Error of her own making, which Battler and Lambda manipulated her into by the end of ep6.

Evidence? Well... there really isn't any proof of this, just like Genius Battler. But the apparent absence of Battler's faction, the "bookending" of ep7 with scenes of Battler and his mysterious book, the absence of Lambda for so long, and the way things all seem to work out so perfectly for her (torment Ange, check, torment Lyon, check, defeat Will without breaking a sweat, check), made the idea just randomly pop into my head.

I seriously doubt it's likely, if only because then there wouldn't seem to be much meta-world tension left for ep8's sake, but Bern is in many ways off in her own little world with her own set of pieces (Will, Lyon, Claire). Just as (probably not) planned.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:49   Link #17242
Judoh
Mystery buff

Y'know Renall. In the end since Lambda is supporting Battler in this it could turn into a Lambda genius theory.

I mean do you really think he'd think of all this by himself?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:50   Link #17243
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

That's not a theory. Lambda is a genius.

Old 2010-09-04, 15:52   Link #17244
Used Can

I think Lambda is the only one in this game who cannot lose. Whether Battler and Beato win, or whether Bern wins, Lambda still wins and fucks Bern either way.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:52   Link #17245
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

For the record, if my "Lambda is Beato's coauthor" theory turns out to have been correct after all, I am going to gloat insufferably.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:56   Link #17246
ArcticHelm

It's probably a foregone conclusion that 'Yasu' ends up becoming Beatrice, as long as someone recognizes this fact. I'm not sure what else Yasu wanted beyond being recognized as their own person/witch. Battler already did it, but perhaps it requires Ange's consent since she appears to be one of the few human pieces still looking into the tragedy for other answers. Simply put, while Battler was the "fool" rejecting magic and bringing it to nothing in the first place, now it seems to be Ange.
ArcticHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:56   Link #17247
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
That's not a theory. Lambda is a genius.
If she can understand what her name means, she has to be.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:57   Link #17248
Judoh
Mystery buff

Her conversation with Erika about how you can make a bully in three days sure makes me think she could be doing a lot behind the scenes.

One of the things I give Bern credit for is knowing that part of her personality so well.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:01   Link #17249
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHelm View Post
It's probably a foregone conclusion that 'Yasu' ends up becoming Beatrice, as long as someone recognizes this fact. I'm not sure what else Yasu wanted beyond being recognized as their own person/witch. Battler already did it, but perhaps it requires Ange's consent since she appears to be one of the few human pieces still looking into the tragedy for other answers. Simply put, while Battler was the "fool" rejecting magic and bringing it to nothing in the first place, now it seems to be Ange.
That might work pretty well for a final confrontation. Bern's mystery versus Battler's fantasy, fighting for Ange's belief.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:42   Link #17250
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Her conversation with Erika about how you can make a bully in three days sure makes me think she could be doing a lot behind the scenes.

One of the things I give Bern credit for is knowing that part of her personality so well.
She's either playing Bern like a fiddle or Bern is letting her think that. Ep6 sort of gave away how much of her dumb-acting is exactly that. There's definitely something behind the curtain there, but I couldn't really begin to guess what that would be. Honestly.

Old 2010-09-04, 16:53   Link #17251
LuckySovietStar

...Now I want a final rematch between Lambda and Bern in EP8. With Battler as GameMaster. With Kyrie as SuperPaper's Detective Piece.
That would be awesome!

Anyway, is there any list of interviews with Ryu? I want to check something, but dunno where That one where he says, that he explained umineko solution to some people, but after few days...they forgot. Or something like that.
LuckySovietStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 17:02   Link #17252
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySovietStar View Post
...Now I want a final rematch between Lambda and Bern in EP8. With Battler as GameMaster. With Kyrie as SuperPaper's Detective Piece.
That would be awesome!
I'll be honest. If there is a fight between Bern and Lambda I see there being a lot of personal issues involved with that that would play a major part in the previous games. It would give Ryukishi07 a big excuse to give back-story on those two and their previous game, probably with Beatrice being in the middle of some kind of grudge between them based on that in this one. It would also probably work with episode 8 since if it's like episode 4 there might be a decent amount of back story for some characters. If episode 7 didn't already adapt the would be back story for it.

Quote:
Anyway, is there any list of interviews with Ryu? I want to check something, but dunno where That one where he says, that he explained umineko solution to some people, but after few days...they forgot. Or something like that.
I remember something like that too. I think it had something to do with him talking to the manga artists or something. I'll look around.
Old 2010-09-04, 17:35   Link #17253
Judoh
Mystery buff

I didn't find the quote I was looking for, but I found this for anyone that's interested. Thought it might be relevant to episode 7.

http://community.livejournal.com/wit...34.html#cutid1
Quote:
K: Thanks. I think the next question is the key to EP4, that is, the dark side of Maria's magic. This is a very unexpected element. With respect to the plot up to this point, this is also a very important addition. Is this something you've planned on revealing in EP4 from the beginning?

R: This is one of the themes we'd planned on revealing in the question arc. You can think of it as a major clue to revealing the world view... eh, it's difficult to describe.

K: Is it because this question is too close to the core of the story?

R: If you fully understand the world of Umineko, then you would find that this is an additional element pertaining to Beatrice. Without the meeting with Maria, there wouldn't be this present Beatrice as she is now. To Beatrice, Maria is an existence she cannot belittle; moreover, she is a crucial element in creating the "present Beatrice". So just talking about the plot of the story alone, the meeting between Maria and Beatrice at least causes some chemical reaction to the world of 19
---still looking...

EDIT: Okay I gave up on looking for that quote, but here is the list of interviews I know of.

interview #'s 1-3

http://community.livejournal.com/witchhunters/

after Ep5

http://darenome.wordpress.com/2009/0...i07-interview/

http://darenome.wordpress.com/2009/1...7-interview-2/

http://community.livejournal.com/rokkenjima/188310.html

After Ep6 (split into two parts)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ew#post3016024
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ew#post3017143

After Ep8

http://seizonsha.wordpress.com/2011/...al-discussion/

France Convention interview

link here

Last edited by Judoh; 2012-07-26 at 21:19.
Old 2010-09-04, 18:55   Link #17254
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post

I just said that I didn't believe that Battler lied. And I don't. He will provide another perspective. Meanwhile, I would love to see a valid reason for Bern to lie. No one has given a good one.
I've given a few, you seem to have simply ignored them, though. I mean, you even outright state that Bern is knowingly screwing around with Ange with the Tea Party...So yeah.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 19:36   Link #17255
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think Lambda is the only one in this game who cannot lose. Whether Battler and Beato win, or whether Bern wins, Lambda still wins and fucks Bern either way.
I think Lambda already announced her defeat in the end of ep.5, and states that in ep.6 she only acts as a neutral observer. Originally it's Battler&Bern vs Beatrice& Lambda, then Battler vs Bern&Lambda, then Battler&Beatrice vs Bern, then the fight shifted to Battler vs Bern because Battler already peacefully put Beatrice to sleep and Bern refused that. Now that you think of it what screwed up alliances these people made
Old 2010-09-04, 19:46   Link #17256
Will Wright

Taking a break from my meeting. I spent most of it pretending to pay attention but actually thinking about Double Shkanon while pretending to be listening to the meeting.

It just hit me, what if there are two Kanons instead of one Shannon and one Kanon?
...Okay that turns both George and Battler gay, but who cares?

Two twin Kanons and one of them having the Shannon name gets around even the "only Kanon can claim his name" red.

...But it would raise a lot of questions about everyone's intelligence. Although it would help the "Krauss culprit" theory a lot.

Alright break is over, time for me to go back to my meeting.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:00   Link #17257
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

It doesn't necessarily make them gay, just Bea-curious.

EDIT: Also even if you used Kanon as the base, they could be twin girls for all anyone would be able to tell.

Old 2010-09-04, 22:29   Link #17258
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It doesn't necessarily make them gay, just Bea-curious.

EDIT: Also even if you used Kanon as the base, they could be twin girls for all anyone would be able to tell.
Lesbian Jessica is a win-win situation no matter how you look at it.

Or at least bisexual.

Quote:
...But it would raise a lot of questions about everyone's intelligence. Although it would help the "Krauss culprit" theory a lot.
Also this.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 22:41   Link #17259
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post

Or at least bisexual.
Besides it being hilarious. How exactly?

I mean I don't think Jessica's sexual preferences makes any theory gain or lose anything. Besides everything points to her believing Kanon is a boy so she's probably like her mom on this by being laughably ignorant of it.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-09-04 at 22:58.
Old 2010-09-04, 22:58   Link #17260
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post

Or at least bisexual.
This gave me a thought:

Why is it that Natsuhi is perfectly okay with Jessica wearing a skirt the size of a belt, and Lyon's butt pinching habits/bisexualness? How much does she really know about her own children?