AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-07, 16:51   Link #301
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Holy crap that was a fantastic episode, and yes our "L" has appeared. That was the first time where things got really serious...

I was surprised to see that they cared so much about not wanting to hurt innocent people just for fun. They clearly don't want things to happen in their name, when they aren't intended...

I thought five was going to be a "good" guy... Well... I guess I was wrong... apparently, she's just a "bad" girl. Now I'm really emotionally and intellectually invested in the premise.

That was the first time I've seen Nine so out of it... This is now really good. I really enjoyed that episode. 10/10 (at least).
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 17:19   Link #302
DorkingtonPugsly

5 entering the stage's got everything more interesting.
All the scenes with Lisa were nice and fun too.
She's got perfect size cups... cute oppai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyAI View Post
Informative post about the hacking scene:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...ussion/cjdvjl9
Pretty cool analysis.
Old 2014-08-07, 20:05   Link #303
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Today's episode was really great, Nine, Twelve and Lisa are a lot better as characters when they are around each other. I could even say the same for Shibasaki and his friend from Archives.

Five was as interesting as expected, she's definitely a cold-blooded one. I look forward to her rivalry with Nine and how that's going to develop.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 20:42   Link #304
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Today's episode was really great, Nine, Twelve and Lisa are a lot better as characters when they are around each other. I could even say the same for Shibasaki and his friend from Archives.

Five was as interesting as expected, she's definitely a cold-blooded one. I look forward to her rivalry with Nine and how that's going to develop.
That's what they get for leaving her behind?
Old 2014-08-07, 21:15   Link #305
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Girls in anime always burn the food. I mean it doesn't have to burn...

Nine has psychic powers to detect Five? Or maybe just exaggerated animation... I hope its not because of instinct. He only knew her like 5 years at most as a kid...
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 21:49   Link #306
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Girls in anime always burn the food. I mean it doesn't have to burn...

Nine has psychic powers to detect Five? Or maybe just exaggerated animation... I hope its not because of instinct. He only knew her like 5 years at most as a kid...
She hacked his computer and could tell he was doing it, and she likely figured out why he was doing it. This is why he threw away the computer and got another one out. She knew it was him by 1. knowing that he was likely one of the two people behind the attack and 2. seeing him in the elevator short clips/images before and hacking his computer...
Old 2014-08-08, 05:04   Link #307
R.LocK
My turn

If we forget about no casualties in the second episode, then it's pretty much AOTS. At this point of time, at least.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 05:46   Link #308
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
If we forget about no casualties in the second episode, then it's pretty much AOTS. At this point of time, at least.
Yeah, the no casualties thingy is a bit of a stretch.
Old 2014-08-08, 06:43   Link #309
kuromitsu

Okay, so next to the superintelligent teenager terrorist boys from a secret government institute who, during all this bombing, managed to avoid any casualties at all(!!), and who are just good guys trying to expose the evil govt's shameful, dark secrets, now we have the eccentric, superintelligent sexy hacker girl with a perfect Barbie figure (look, boobs!), and a cute but clumsy girl who, check this out, CAN'T COOK! and she almost blows them all up!! lol! but also look at her boobs.

...I guess this is where I sigh and readjust my expectations, and in the future roll my eyes even harder at how hard the show tries to be "realistic" (one more shot of those Rolex watches...).

I guess I just hoped for something more realistic (as in, "closer to the actual world"), serious (as in, "not pretentious" and "doesn't try to rely on fanservice") and intelligent (as in, "no casualties? LOL what"), with a more interesting plot, but, well, let's roll with what we have. As long as there are no more scenes where a high profile police investigation team is impressed to learn that criminals can acquire forged stuff from the internet.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 11:47   Link #310
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't all that disappointed with the latest episode because I had already lowered my expectations a couple of episodes ago. I figured this was never going to be as realistic and intelligent as it was striving to be. This episode played more or less as I suspected it would, with 9 finding his match in 5, and the terrorists turning out to be super good guys who could never hurt a fly. However, there was one thing I never expected from this series, and it's to be riddled with third rate anime clichés.

At this point, it's safe to say my initial expectations (they were the same as Kuromitsu: a realistic, serious, intelligent anime with a complex and interesting plot) were completely betrayed. That's too bad, but I can enjoy this kind of shows too. I just need to accept it's nothing like I hoped it would be and move on. It's about time I do that. Akumetsu + Care bears + Death note, here we go!
Old 2014-08-08, 11:58   Link #311
Irenesharda

I'm wondering if Lisa's purpose is to somehow help them to defeat Five in some way? I mean, Five is able to take on Nine and Twelve because she knows them so well. However, she has no knowledge of Lisa. Perhaps there is something she can do that can throw them for a loop?

Perhaps that early mention of Lisa reminding them of the girl they lost at the institution, has more meaning than we thought?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 12:13   Link #312
Jerseykid

She can poison Five with her cooking
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 12:21   Link #313
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Perhaps that early mention of Lisa reminding them of the girl they lost at the institution, has more meaning than we thought?
For what it's worth, the kid in 9's flashback this episode sure resembled her:
Spoiler:
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 12:37   Link #314
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I think everyone had noticed, but 9 pronounced 5 as Hive.
Is this another un-subtle clue for something?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 12:54   Link #315
zztop

How is Terror's popularity amongst Japanese viewers and otaku at the moment?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 12:54   Link #316
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
For what it's worth, the kid in 9's flashback this episode sure resembled her:
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that kid is Nine.
Old 2014-08-08, 13:51   Link #317
IceHism

Lisa is so damn useless and not competent at anything that I'm crying that I had any interest in her at all to begin with. Interest level at 0% now.

Five is meh so far.

9 and 12 still being awesome. Even saving the people on the train. Sasuga.
Shibazaki repeating his past mistake again, this will be interesting
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 14:22   Link #318
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Lisa is so damn useless and not competent at anything that I'm crying that I had any interest in her at all to begin with. Interest level at 0% now.

Five is meh so far.

9 and 12 still being awesome. Even saving the people on the train. Sasuga.
Shibazaki repeating his past mistake again, this will be interesting
I think Lisa will become more useful soon enough. She is really the wild card here, because she's not "one of them" perhaps Nine can use her against Five somehow? I mean, if she was more capable, they could have sent her out to the train to take care of the bomb, which would have messed up Five's plan.

As for Shibazaki's "mistake", I think the fact that he'll keep going even as those over his head want to make sure their operations stay secret and will bully the police in order to cover it up, will be what will make all the difference.

I think while the Rising Peace Academy, the FBI, an Five think they've taken over the investigation, the police investigator in charge doesn't look too happy and might buy time for Shibazaki and co. to investigate on their own.

Also, does anyone wonder why 9 and 12 even bothered enrolling in school in the first episode if they were never going to bother going to school at all, even for pretense? It just seems that if they were just going to never attend school, they might as well have simply stayed off the grid like they're doing now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 15:23   Link #319
Dop
Mmmm....

^ Enrolling in school was just a cover story so they could merge with a group when they attacked the government building in episode 1. Two people on their own would be more memorable than two among many school pupils on a class/year visit.
Once that was over, there was no need to carry on the pretence of being high school kids. The day after the bombing, they were gone.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 15:32   Link #320
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Okay, so next to the superintelligent teenager terrorist boys from a secret government institute who, during all this bombing, managed to avoid any casualties at all(!!), and who are just good guys trying to expose the evil govt's shameful, dark secrets, now we have the eccentric, superintelligent sexy hacker girl with a perfect Barbie figure (look, boobs!), and a cute but clumsy girl who, check this out, CAN'T COOK! and she almost blows them all up!! lol! but also look at her boobs.

...I guess this is where I sigh and readjust my expectations, and in the future roll my eyes even harder at how hard the show tries to be "realistic" (one more shot of those Rolex watches...).

I guess I just hoped for something more realistic (as in, "closer to the actual world"), serious (as in, "not pretentious" and "doesn't try to rely on fanservice") and intelligent (as in, "no casualties? LOL what"), with a more interesting plot, but, well, let's roll with what we have. As long as there are no more scenes where a high profile police investigation team is impressed to learn that criminals can acquire forged stuff from the internet.
*sigh* There was a total of like 1 second of fan-service in this episode. Literally. Don't call it relying on fan-service when a scene has something like that. Every t.v. show or movie aimed at young adults or adults has that. THIS IS LITERALLY GUARANTEED. And I can tell you that this show barely even has any of that.

Um... didn't you see those hurt people after the train bombing? They may still get things like Leukemia or have terrible burns. It isn't like there were no casualties. This time it was very lucky no one died. 9 barely saved them.

Also, they seem to have been planning everything very carefully so as to not hurt people in the past... which makes sense... they had surveillance cameras zeroing in the incidents so they were able to pull them off without hurting anyone e.g. killing anyone.

I feel like you really simplified what they are way too much. These guys aren't just good guys trying to stop the evil government... They also both almost abandoned Lisa twice... and don't really seem to have much empathy for other people... It's nowhere near that simple. If it were that simple, it would be cliche, but so far this show has been much more powerfully captivating than that.

I also think that Lisa will become stronger eventually somewhere in this show, but people should honestly give her a break. I mean... to be honest... her father left her... her mother is insane... she is bullied terribly... her life sucks... WHY WOULD SHE SUDDENLY BE STRONG? That would make her really boring instantly. She is interesting because in all likelihood she will overcome at least one or two of her weaknesses to try to be useful... And to expound on this point further: she just finally had the gall to run away from home. She's completely breaking down emotionally on the inside to the point where she had that hysterical laughter at the end of last episode. Right now she is trying to get the determination to prove herself to the other two, but she can't just suddenly get better. That's interesting realism anyway.

Right now, she is still struggling with whether the people she are with are terrorists or jaded, but nice people or both... Having her there is interesting because of how she sharply contrasts with the other two characters IMO.

Furthermore, five is interesting to me, because the US seem to be involved in the corruption, which makes it all the more interesting. She is also the first character that we have seen trick nine or twelve and give them a hard time. She also didn't seem to have much remorse for her actions.

All in all, with the past episode the maturity of the show and its realistic portrayal of complex characters skyrocketed from past episodes. I don't know how except by literally ignoring all of the subtle details that you could call this anything but realistic even to the slightest degree.

Edit: They're obviously going to reveal how nine didn't get hurt from the bomb. That's literally plain obvious.

Tags
noitamina, psychological, terrorism