AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2020-08-24, 01:56   Link #61
Tenzen12

Of curse he is not as unbreakable as Accelerator but Mikoto is so much weaker then him, it makes no difference.
Old 2020-08-28, 12:15   Link #62
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait, so we got some new characters last week and now we get introduced to another group of new characters this week?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 13:33   Link #63
Frontier

I thought that little girl was being unusually scathing and direct for her age until it turns out Misaki was just using her as a mouthpiece. Although it would've been something if she really was that innocently insulting towards Mikoto. Also, was she voiced by Ayana Taketatus? Kind of sounded like her .

Poor Mikoto. She thought she was getting payback from Misaki but then she realized...yeah, they're real .

Misaki hits Mikoto with her purse, Mikoto zaps her hair. What a great give and take relationship these girls have .

So Kozaku is apparently still not in jail, which makes me wonder if Misaki was ever serious about having her turn herself in, but it is what it is. I guess she's looking after Dolly and being part of Misaki's team of resources for when she needs something. And it looks like she's eschewed the nurse cosplay for sexy businesswoman, complete with exposed cleavage. Her naked liquid metal being isn't the only thing voyeuristic .

Kind of not surprised that Indian Poker would end up being used for corporate espionage. It's a pretty straightforward use of it's information transferring abilities .

I've seen some twisted Academy City experiments, but cutting a girl up and then splitting her into her own self and a robot made of her flesh is pretty creepy. And unsurprisingly even after being put back together Ryoko still seems to be having identity issues, and that's not even getting into the fact that her robotic doppelganger has achieved it's own sentience .

I can understand a girl not wanting to get mistaken for a boy, but when you're looking to not get identified for breaking and entering, it's probably for the best .

Not sure how to read Ryoko at the moment. She seems like a young girl embroiled in the nitty gritty and slightly seedy science side of Academy City on-top of her identity issues. And she also lounges around in her house with just a shirt on .

I think I realize how robo!Ryoko made that skin for herself...and I doubt it was pretty for those guys .

What's Mikoto getting embroiled in the Dark Side of Academy City without an eclectic girl gang mercenary unit? But instead of ITEM, we have the return of the Scavengers, who might fair better here than they did against Accelerator. I'm hyped for Mikoto to go up against them .

They weren't kidding about being a Sentai team with that intro .
Old 2020-08-28, 15:00   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta admit. I still really don't like the Mikoto and Misaki dynamic this show keeps rolling with. But at least this episode finally allows Mikoto to do something remotely serious. Her most noteworthy episode since returning from the pause has been the Bust Upper incident which should be catalogued as one of the worst episodes of the entire franchise.

Best of luck to the Scavenger girls. At least they aren't up against a total lunatic this time. They still might end up in a horrible state if Misaki gets her claws on them. But if just facing Mikoto the worst they can look forward to is a short stay in the hospital. At least before the dark side of the city determines them to be useless and probably wipes them out...
Old 2020-08-28, 15:16   Link #65
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Gotta admit. I still really don't like the Mikoto and Misaki dynamic this show keeps rolling with.
It's better than the Mikoto/Kuroko dynamic, at least. I enjoy it quite a bit myself.

Quote:
Best of luck to the Scavenger girls. At least they aren't up against a total lunatic this time.
It also helps that they aren't being as... belligerent as most dark side organizations. Guess we can thank Accel for that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-29, 02:23   Link #66
magnuskn

Yeah, it's one of the parts of the Index/Railgun universe which puts me off, that many of the antagonist are portrayed as cackling maniacs, no matter if they are adults or teenagers or children.
Old 2020-08-30, 23:29   Link #67
X207
Gamyūsa

im aware of what happens to Frenda but did that happen off screen between their last encounter and Saten's prepared mackerel meal?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 02:30   Link #68
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
im aware of what happens to Frenda but did that happen off screen between their last encounter and Saten's prepared mackerel meal?
Yup. Though, it was shown in Index novels/S3.

As for this ep itself. I know Kamachi put some crazy things in his setting, but being dissected and then sewed back and sentient androids are still a little bit crazy.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-08-31 at 14:12.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 13:01   Link #69
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also, was she voiced by Ayana Taketatus? Kind of sounded like her .
Yes she was. Dating back to S1.
Old 2020-08-31, 22:31   Link #70
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Yup. Though, it was shown in Index novels/S3.

As for this ep itself. I know Kamachi put some crazy things in his setting, but being dissected and then sewed back and sentient androids are still a little bit crazy.
thank you for the reply. i must admit im not really paying much attention to the index series anime much and pretty much focus on the rail gun series. the stories of politics, royalty and religion is a bit of a Jigglypuff lullaby to me for the most part. sure both series have a whole slew of acronyms/organizations but thats to be expected.

just how many stories like this are buried in the manga or off screeen anime? the casualty rate in the anime seems a bit too low for what actually happens.

the Saten stories are usually rather good and i liked the friendhip she had with Frenda. its was an interesting way to make a friend.

that Ryoko story is messed up, the body dissected and rebuilt is crazy but having the brain also separated is very illogical...
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 22:51   Link #71
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Yes she was. Dating back to S1.
Wow, I totally forgot .
Old 2020-09-01, 00:40   Link #72
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wait, so we got some new characters last week and now we get introduced to another group of new characters this week?
The storyline from last week is concluded in Index III episodes 4-6, Uiharu is in there too if you're wondering how her arm got broken. Oddly enough Railgun did a better job of providing context for the arc than Index itself, aside from Index II eps 23-24.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 12:06   Link #73
Frontier

"HYENA?" Well, when you see what they're like about adults, it's not that inaccurate .

So Indian Poker was designed to come up with a means of dealing with the possibility of a free soul consuming Academy City? Only in Academy City .

Why would someone willingly allow themselves to be cut apart and split into two beings? To save their mother of course. Good thing Misaki can read minds and save Ryoko the trouble of spouting all that exposition to Mikoto .

Poor Scavengers. If it's not another Level 5 it's a a dangerous Cyborg tearing them apart .

"Package?" So...Seike assumed Mikoto was a boy dressed like that and then confirmed they were a boy too? So Seike's a boy who dresses in girl clothes? I was starting to wonder about the rest of the Scavengers what with Leader and Naru using male pronouns until we saw Yakumaru with her dress off and Naru naked (side note, Yakumaru should let her hair down more) but I'm kind of curious how that dynamic works .

So Doppel can absorb stuff now? We're getting into Tetsuo level of body horror here .
Old 2020-09-04, 16:23   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Why would someone willingly allow themselves to be cut apart and split into two beings? To save their mother of course.
They can do that, but they can't make replacement lungs?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 16:56   Link #75
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Poor Scavengers. If it's not another Level 5 it's a a dangerous Cyborg tearing them apart .
Well look on the bright side. There are worse Level 5s they could have run into than Misaka and Accelerator after he mellowed out a bit.
Old 2020-09-04, 18:00   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose even antagonists can be empathized with when one of their arms is being shattered...That's just scary stuff right there. Can't even blame paper girl for losing her head. It did blow up in their faces. And yet I'm not sure there were a lot of winning options there. I suppose they could have sought out the safest level of damage to free the arm...while their leader's eyeballs were being ripped out . So yeah, I'm with extreme efforts in that case.

They did pick this fight, but I could still empathize a bit. Less so with the fairly extreme testing options they chose to make sure the scientist wasn't the robot. I respect being thorough in a job, but I'd say the superhuman feats shown by said robot more than confirmed her identity anyways. Even they thought the same otherwise they'd be sending their friend off to potentially fight a robot by herself which is a questionable strategy.

Not that there's too much sympathy at present for the Doppelganger. That sympathy kind of goes out when reaching the whole "time to kill the original" plan. If not for the Scavenger crew she's definitely dead before Mikoto can show up to save the day.

Still, this isn't looking good for the Scavenger crew anyways. They can't handle this situation now. Just avoiding death is pushing the limits of their capabilities. And if they have to run away from this...well their future isn't bright. Not that it's Mikoto's problem. She's got to find a way to handle this without it getting any more crazy. Or at least not getting crazy to the level that the whole city gets absorbed/controlled.
Old 2020-09-04, 18:48   Link #77
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I suppose even antagonists can be empathized with when one of their arms is being shattered...
It helps that Scavenger, despite being "dark side", haven't really done anything evil from our perspective.

Also, if you had told me one of their members was a boy, I'd have 100% assumed it was the leader, not Seike.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 19:28   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It helps that Scavenger, despite being "dark side", haven't really done anything evil from our perspective.
Well, they were pretty bad in Accelerator even if they were just doing a job. But I kind of assumed something really messed those kids up (before, y'know, Accelerator messed them up).
Quote:
Also, if you had told me one of their members was a boy, I'd have 100% assumed it was the leader, not Seike.
I thought it was weird that most of the members used male pronouns, although I don't recall what Yakumaru called herself.
Old 2020-09-04, 19:48   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
Well, they were pretty bad in Accelerator even if they were just doing a job. But I kind of assumed something really messed those kids up (before, y'know, Accelerator messed them up).
Eh, I compare them to the other dark side organizations. So far this group just comes across as like, an up an coming merc group that specializes in capture/kidnapping. The others come across as stone cold killers.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 22:14   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

"If you destroy her, she may possess the entire city!"

Ye... Yeah, let's keep that tra... nonsense in the garb... Index anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote