Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-20, 11:31   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She can't quit unless she wins. She would lose all credibility and the very few fans she has left if she did. She can't go back to Sweet Diva anymore and she knows it.
Well it's not like she can't literally quit. And while she'd have to work her way back up, it's hardly like it'd be impossible for her to get back to what she'd be doing. The fans would frankly be relieved to put that nonsense behind them. A lot easier to go back to supporting her once she's back doing what she's good at than sticking around while she's consistently losing.

She's just too stubborn to go back without any success. If she wasn't overly stubborn she wouldn't be doing this in the first place. Of course doesn't really matter since with this kind of setup she's probably never actually going to go back to being an idol anyways.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:47   Link #102
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Don't get me wrong, this is a decent anime but nobody loses to the same move over-and-over again. If the Boston crab and sharpshooter (single Boston crab) were that godlike, she would use the move herself and instantly crush her opponents. Basically it would be a 100 meter Usain Bolt type of sprint to see who can most quickly slap the hold on the opponent. And while the crab is painful, you can get out in several ways. If I lost to the same move all the time, I'd have several counters. It's not like she's losing to a great variety of holds/locks where you could argue, "But there are so many moves being done to her, it's too hard to plan against." When it comes to just one move, you could counter that to the moon.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 19:00   Link #103
Sol Falling

Just about covered what I've seen translated of the manga (vol. 1)...have to admit going through such a long string of losses twice is pretty brutal. Definitely looking forward to the payoff starting from next week when Sakura actually gets somewhere.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 22:37   Link #104
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

look if been like 0-50 wrestling record yet still counter or endurance the boston crab hold it's either fight it off your both physical & mental with you cause really those female japanese wrestler work really hard on their career so you fight it now!!!

& besides yet have you even got boston crab in your life?

besides give now sakura spar night training of full endurance by misaki really it just really to get rid of fear of boston crab move.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 00:43   Link #105
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Ep.3 was too painful to watch. Losing 50 times in a row is pretty bad. What's worse, They've all been submission holds. Worst of all, they're all Boston crabs.

Chris Jericho seems so OP because of this lololol

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 02:02   Link #106
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It was exasperating for me watching Sakura getting subdued by the same move for 50 straight matches in a row.

In all of those encounters the girl never learned from her past mistakes and just took the pain, as if she was a punching bag being tested by a boxer.

The Boston Crab is a good move but isn't absolutely invincible. It became so for Sakura; it's too obvious that the opponent not going to let her to escape to the ropes.
As somebody else pointed out she needs to develop counters and escape moves in order to break from that technique.

Feels like her body being put into that hold automatically loses endurance too quickly.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 07:44   Link #107
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

It feels really really weird her not being able to get out of that move a single time. Also, after her biggest trait up until now has been determination, it also feels weird seeing her losing over and over because she is just giving up. It didn't feel like a natural evolution of the story.
Old 2013-10-21, 11:35   Link #108
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Gaahh, I was so annoyed every time she gave up, it was hard to watch this episode :S 50 loses too...ouch..that sounds a lot worse than 100 throws XD
Old 2013-10-21, 21:19   Link #109
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is getting more and more annoying each episode its how do one like 50 times like that an idol should never become a wrestler
Old 2013-10-22, 00:26   Link #110
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Losing 50 times in a row with the same move? Shouldn't she hit the developmental territories to work her arsenal than attempting the "5 moves of doom"?

On the bright side, at least she didn't pull a Kevin Nash:
Old 2013-10-22, 03:25   Link #111
Anime Online

I think it's quite clear why the same move was used for Sakura's repeated defeats: it saves money for the anime to keep doing the same move, and it is to keep showing shots of her crotch and breasts. I'm rather amazed how often and long the camera kept going for those areas. Even Sakura's cries seem to be part of the anime's attraction.

In a sense, Sakura's repeated losses is quite a welcome change. It's silly that animes often show total newbies losing one or two fights, then go on to win their way to the national tournament.

So far, this looks like an entirely fanservice-focused show, but I think this trend might be broken next week as Misaki seeks to impart valuable lessons on pro-wrestling to Sakura. I just hope it's practical tips on techniques and stuff, and not inspiring messages of "don't give up" and "I know you can do it".

Speaking of Misaki, she and Sakura really look alike.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 06:35   Link #112
Peanutbutter

Now, who wrote this?

Quote:
In Japan, it is commonly used as a hold to defeat young and inexperienced wrestlers; the ability to overcome the hold is considered a sign of growth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_crab

Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 08:08   Link #113
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Now, who wrote this?

Quote:
In Japan, it is commonly used as a hold to defeat young and inexperienced wrestlers; the ability to overcome the hold is considered a sign of growth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_crab

That's so bizarre. Then, why is Sakura couldn't grow when she got 50 losses thanks to the Boston Crab?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 08:13   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
That's so bizarre. Then, why is Sakura couldn't grow when she got 50 losses thanks to the Boston Crab?
Because she hasn't really grown at all during these matches ? You'd certainly assume past a certain point it'd be more of a downward spiral than anything else. No confidence she can overcome that hold and giving up mentally the moment that hold is put in place once again.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:35   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I think it's quite clear why the same move was used for Sakura's repeated defeats: it saves money for the anime to keep doing the same move, and it is to keep showing shots of her crotch and breasts. I'm rather amazed how often and long the camera kept going for those areas. Even Sakura's cries seem to be part of the anime's attraction.
It was the same of the manga, so it's not a case of the anime trying to save money.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:37   Link #116
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

How are heel tactics like using chairs and helpers still allowed in this version of wrestling? Can you literally do anything?
Old 2013-10-22, 10:49   Link #117
EroKing

^It had to be a hardcore no-disqualification match for sure

lol@Kevin Nash meme.

Also, don't see anyone getting out of it once the move is perfectly locked in
Old 2013-10-22, 12:25   Link #118
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

But the reason people can do that is because it's prescripted. What if there was a version of pro-wrestling that wasn't scripted where you could just do whatever the hell you wanted. Have other people join in sure? Use the judge as a bludgeon? Of course. Hey audiance want to run into the match? YOU CAN DO THAT BECAUSE THERE ARE NO RULES
Old 2013-10-22, 22:37   Link #119
Anime Online

It would likely be too dangerous if the matches are not scripted. Serious injury can result from just one throw. And matches would likely be over too quickly to be entertaining.

It finally dawn on me that Sakura isn't fighting other wrestlers at all. Her opponent is the Boston Crab. Only when she defeats the Boston Crab, can she move on to the next boss battle.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 22:39   Link #120
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Why do I have a feeling that the next episode will have Sakura reverse a Boston Crab similar to this match (skip to 11:55; sharpshooter but similar reversal):

Tags
beautiful girls, ecchi, seinen, shounen, wrestling