Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 17:11   Link #941
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
2 more eps to go before the inevitable jilxkaaya pairing people!
I'm gonna be completely awesome and say we don't know for sure yet. One of them could die~

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 11 preview:
Old 2009-03-12, 17:32   Link #942
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm gonna be completely awesome and say we don't know for sure yet. One of them could die~
Hmm, if one of them dies l would prefer it be kaaya with that we get two outcomes..
A) Fatina ends up with jil by default. This is probably the only acceptable way that l would tip my cap to a jilxfatina pairing.
B) Jil manages to defeat gil,kaaya dies in the process...grief stricken jil becomes just like gil all bitter and evil. the curse lives on for another generation of climbers to climb the tower.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:52   Link #943
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Hmm, if one of them dies l would prefer it be kaaya with that we get two outcomes..
A) Fatina ends up with jil by default. This is probably the only acceptable way that l would tip my cap to a jilxfatina pairing.
B) Jil manages to defeat gil,kaaya dies in the process...grief stricken jil becomes just like gil all bitter and evil. the curse lives on for another generation of climbers to climb the tower.
or we could get a fatina x Jil x Kaaya ending ^^. lots of ++ points for fatina this episode the ending pair hasn't been decided yet but in likelihood Jil will show us his good stuff in the later episodes. Lol, I’m still trying to figure out that Hanero scene maybe she’s king of the tower, the hidden final boss.

Kaaya doesn't seem to hold many death flags when there's so much tools lying around. The easy way out would be using the blue crystal rod, using the power of ishtar/Kai regardless I can only see a happy ending. Although I will have my victory laugh when fatina fanbois can't handle to the truth if Jil and Kaaya are the final pairing.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 18:00   Link #944
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 10
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 19:08   Link #945
Narona
Emotionless White Face

The little Fatina speech towards the end seems to indicate that she still cares for Neeba, maybe in a romantic way, I think.

And it seems that a KayaaXJil ending is on the way xD

Last edited by Narona; 2009-03-12 at 20:21.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 19:20   Link #946
RevRayCool

Maybe Fatina gave that little speech about Neeba so that Jil can have a clear conscience going forward. After Jil's speech, Fatina realized that her feelings were putting an unnecessary burden on Jil's mind. The only thing he should be worrying about is climbing the tower, catching up to Neeba and Kaaya, and dealing with Gilgamesh. Nothing else. So to clear his doubts once and for all, she indirectly tells Jil to stop worrying about her.

Spoiler:
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 19:36   Link #947
ThoHell

Good episode, good episode. Getting close to a conclusion. Had some nice dialogue concerning the whole Jil X Fatina thing. Makes me worried about the outcome......AHHH damn it, they go so good together too! Animation quality went up in this episode, especially when Fatina was casting her spell!

Hmm, maybe Jil might end up not ending up with anyone at the end. Maybe he'll get rid of the tower, gets everyone out safely, all at the cost of his life.....

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-03-12 at 19:51.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 20:18   Link #948
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
And it seems that a KayaaXGil ending is on the way xD
What in the right mind gave you that idea? its her great grandfather for christ sake.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 20:21   Link #949
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
What in the right mind gave you that idea? its her great grandfather for christ sake.

Damn it, my bad, i meant JIL, obviously

Sorry
Old 2009-03-12, 20:43   Link #950
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Damn it, my bad, i meant JIL, obviously

Sorry
No problem
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 22:58   Link #951
GreenLama
Banned

I have been thinking of getting into this series and was wondering what the series was all about. From a brief trailor I saw it looked very Dungeons and Dragons like, which is cool, and the animation seems pretty cool but I am afraid it's going to be all action and now story. Also, how many episodes planned for the second series?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 23:15   Link #952
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
I have been thinking of getting into this series and was wondering what the series was all about. From a brief trailor I saw it looked very Dungeons and Dragons like, which is cool, and the animation seems pretty cool but I am afraid it's going to be all action and now story. Also, how many episodes planned for the second series?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
It's a fun series. There are action, but there is also lots of comedy and even a bit of tragedy. The main point is that they climb a tower. But it's an unusual tower

There are 12 episodes planned for the second series IIRC.

Watch the first series first though

I hope you will enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
No problem
Oki. I like your avatar BTW
Old 2009-03-13, 03:22   Link #953
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
They could kill off Jil; after the end of the first season, I'm not assuming anything. The way Jil was talking when Utu asked him why he was climbing made it seem like nothing mattered to him other than climbing; not Neeba, not Kaaya, not Fatina, nothing, as if his life was solely for being a Climber. I thought that was full of ****. He knows exactly why he's climbing. What, was he scared to tell Fatina the truth(which didn't matter anyway because she told him the truth afterwards)?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 03:39   Link #954
Boduar

My vote as of now is that Jil dies. Everyone else for the most part lives (as far as main chars). Think that one death would solve about any and every issue there is.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 04:48   Link #955
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
They could kill off Jil; after the end of the first season, I'm not assuming anything. The way Jil was talking when Utu asked him why he was climbing made it seem like nothing mattered to him other than climbing; not Neeba, not Kaaya, not Fatina, nothing, as if his life was solely for being a Climber. I thought that was full of ****. He knows exactly why he's climbing. What, was he scared to tell Fatina the truth(which didn't matter anyway because she told him the truth afterwards)?
Its call dedication.
Wanting to climb as a life isn't something anyone should scoff at. Jil is naive, it would be easier to equate climbing to playing hero. In context what Jil is saying it doesn't matter who or what is at the top he is trying to seek the truth because he feels obliged as a climber through his sense of honour and pride. But the correct answer is kaaya of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
My vote as of now is that Jil dies. Everyone else for the most part lives (as far as main chars). Think that one death would solve about any and every issue there is.
Like how so? To kill one to save a thousand......... what underlies the notion it won't work?
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 06:21   Link #956
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Spoiler for Fatina:

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 07:24   Link #957
GreenLama
Banned

Well I have decided to give this series a shot, starting with the first season of the anime, i'm excited and hope it turns out to be a good one for me. Is there a thread for the first series?
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 07:46   Link #958
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
Is there a thread for the first series?
Yep. Right here.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ghlight=druaga
Old 2009-03-13, 10:23   Link #959
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
Maybe Fatina gave that little speech about Neeba so that Jil can have a clear conscience going forward. After Jil's speech, Fatina realized that her feelings were putting an unnecessary burden on Jil's mind. The only thing he should be worrying about is climbing the tower, catching up to Neeba and Kaaya, and dealing with Gilgamesh. Nothing else. So to clear his doubts once and for all, she indirectly tells Jil to stop worrying about her.

Spoiler:
Fatina seems to be one of the most interesting characters in Druaga in my opinion. Honestly, at the beginning of the first series she treated Jil pretty badly and I developed a "she's gonna deserve what's coming to her attitude." However, her character is a lot more complex and likable after the betrayal.

Although it seems to be moving to a cliche Kaaya x Jil ending and all my senses from watching anime tell me it'll probably end up that way, I can't help but feel they'll avoid a cliche pairing especially given the first episode parody. Really, the writer could go ether way.

As for Fatina, she's grown on me and I can't help but feel sorry for her. I think some of your presumptions are correct. I think it more likely that Fatina did use Jil as an escape, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like him ether. Even though she did treat him badly during Season 1, she did think he was cute, she naturally disliked Kaaya for what I perceive as no other reason then her being close to Jil, and the two had a "bickering couple" type chemistry.

I don't think she's lying, but I don't think she's mentioning the whole truth ether. Rather, I think she seems to be redeeming herself for pretty much using Jil this whole time. Expressing her concern over Neeba and her "escape" with Jil is pretty much telling him what you're saying: "don't worry about me, and thank you for everything you've done so far." However, I also think her concern could be purely for a former comrade without any romantic underpinnings, especially given Neeba's betrayal of her. However, she slants what she says to ease the burden on Jil. The same thing probably applies with her escape. Although it might have started that way, I think Fatina has developed genuine feelings over time for Jil, especially since she seems to have had a soft spot for him all along.

At some level though, I think she's come to a conclusion that she was trending the same path as Neeba. Essentially, she was using Jil just like Neeba used her. Jil served as a replacement for Neeba without the jerk personality. I think her "rehabilitation" she mentioned during her confession is more of a a coming to terms with herself, making amends, and the fact that she has developed real feelings even though she was just initially trying to get over her past.

But yeah, I just hope she ends up happy. She's really been screwed badly despite her growth. Especially with loli Kei and the spoon
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 13:27   Link #960
NoLongerSane

I enjoyed Fatina's character development during this series. In the first season she came off looking stuck-up, but that changed in this current series. I did not mind that she told Jil that he was her "escape" due to the emotional damage that Neeba did to her in the fist season. In truth, I was going for a Jil/Fatina pairing due to how the writers handled the scenes between the two when they came up during this series. As for the current situation, it looks bad for Neeba because is not his specialty with his bow and he is taking on a person who is pretty much a master with the sword with a sword.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg