Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-20, 21:25   Link #421
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
What's with Jusitn doing the emo shit, throwing away the stick and stuff after losing a round ?
He usually reacts in that manner. When we wins, he likes to liven up the crowd and sometimes uses smack talk. To others, it comes off as overconfident showboating. It's one of the reasons why fans either love him or hate him.

He was booed in previous matches because of his attitude, but against Daigo he was the underdog who seemed to be on a turnaround, hence why some people cheered him on. I guess that shows just how much energized the finals were.

I don't know... I guess his infamous loss to Daigo way back (EVO2004?) is still at the back of his mind.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 23:59   Link #422
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, as people have said before, there is also the USA vs Japan kind of thing going on, with both players essentially being reperesnted by the characters they have chosen. And gotta root for your home team, no? XD

Interestingly enough, SFII Turbo HD Remix also ended with a Balrog vs Ryu final. What are the odds?
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 00:17   Link #423
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

One does wonder, why no Guile ? He seems to be more American than the boxer.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 00:23   Link #424
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Probably because he's not top tier? I dunno, seems just like Guile was THE american fighter back in SFII, it's Boxer this time in SF4. He's INCREDIBLY popular whenever my bro plays online, at the very least.

Well better him to represent USA than Homer Simpson Rufus, I'd say.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 00:35   Link #425
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
One does wonder, why no Guile ? He seems to be more American than the boxer.
Best post in the thread.

but in any case that was a good fight between Daigo and Justin. I was also surprised to not see any many Bison & Sagat players. Sup with that?

As for ranking matches and championship matches.......I met a heap load of D C'ers, I wish there was a way to label/flag there a$$.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-21 at 00:46.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:04   Link #426
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yup...Bison's like,hax, he got teleport, those funky air moves to change attack pattern midway combo, quite a long low heavy kick and of course PSYCHO POWERS!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:28   Link #427
Westlo
Lets be reality

There isn't many good Bison/Dictator players in America, generally regarded as the best is Alex Valle who used Ryu for Evo and SBO. Justin Wong while in Japan "leveling up" got knocked out in the first round of a TRF by a Japanese Dictator.

Guile sucks ass in SF IV btw, better luck next revision.. personally hoping Ken and Chun Li get buffed.. not to their 3rd Strike god tier but better than mid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
He was booed in previous matches because of his attitude
Back in the SF III 3rd Strike his turtle Chun Li style while effective was pretty boring to watch.. him playing characters like Rufus and Boxer can get the crowd hype. Justin winning matches 2 and 3 in Set 1 after switching to Boxer was awesome, the atmosphere alone makes it one of the best SF IV fights ever.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:09   Link #428
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yup...Bison's like,hax, he got teleport, those funky air moves to change attack pattern midway combo, quite a long low heavy kick and of course PSYCHO POWERS!
Bison is far from hax, he pretty much sucks in SFIV, you got to have some major skill to over come the many weaknesses inplamented in the newest version of M.Bison/Dictator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Guile sucks ass in SF IV btw, better luck next revision.. personally hoping Ken and Chun Li get buffed.. not to their 3rd Strike god tier but better than mid.
Really? I played some pretty bad ass (non turtle) Guile players online, but I guess since I don't main him, I wouldn't know.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-21 at 09:35.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:54   Link #429
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Bison is far from hax, he pretty much sucks in SFIV, you got to have some major skill to over come the many weaknesses inplamented in the newest version of M.Bison/Dictator.
practice makes perfect...although I guess that goes for any character
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 14:13   Link #430
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Balrog boxer has fakes and has tremendous damage, one reason why many use him now a days.

Also seen the SFIV mods, man some are smoking hot! And some are just plain awesome.
Old 2009-07-21, 16:54   Link #431
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I don't know... I guess his infamous loss to Daigo way back (EVO2004?) is still at the back of his mind.
It could also be because Daigo steamrolled him pretty bad at the Gamestop tournament earlier this year, or that Daigo knocked him into losers in the first place.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:04   Link #432
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
practice makes perfect...although I guess that goes for any character
I dig what your saying, but there is even pro players, falling victim to the unwanted Teleportation, not to mention most of his attacks that made a Dictator user so aggressive are Nerfed to the point most players just don't use them. I can go on and on about M. Bison. But in any case it takes a great amount of skills to over come those weakness, guess that why Neurosis is my fav M. Bison user.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-21 at 17:14.
Old 2009-07-22, 02:38   Link #433
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bison's ranked pretty well in this game actually...

Daigo's Ryu match up tier

Ryu Match-up tier
4:6 Disadvantage: Sagat
5:5 Neutral: M.Bison, Balrog, Dhalsim, El Fuerte, Blanka
6:4 Advantage: Akuma, Zangief, C.Viper, E.Honda, Abel, Chun-li, Ken, Guile, Vega, Rufus

August Arcadia Tier List

Overall Tier Rank
S Rank: Sagat
A Rank: Ryu, Akuma, Zangief
B Rank: M.Bison, Rufus, Balrog, C.Viper, E.Honda
C Rank: Abel, El Fuerte, Dhalsim, Chun-li, Ken, Blanka
D Rank: Guile, Vega

June Arcadia Tier List

Street Fighter 4
S: Sagat
A: Ryu, Akuma, Zangief
B: M.Bison, Rufus, Balrog, C.Viper, E.Honda
C: Abel, El Fuerte, Dhalsim, Chun-li, Blanka
D: Guile, Ken
E: Vega
Old 2009-07-22, 18:14   Link #434
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Bison's ranked pretty well in this game actually...
and I am still wondering why? (I never really followed tier list of what ever of pro players, or game creators) but in any case Bison ain't as reliable as he use to be imo. Most of his attacks are begging for punishment after executions or before, safe for the low Kick knee press. Ive always been a aggressive Bison player for years, but in this game its like they wanted Bison to take to the far more conservative play style with the head stomps and what not, once you built up some meter playin with your self in the corner of the screen using the devil reverse. I guess thats why I get the jump on many players online with Bison for they expect a acrobatic circus act only to be rushed and pressured and entire match.

Bison is still epic I will keep mainin him, its just that I think some of his moves need to be beefed up a bit.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-22 at 18:32. Reason: eoorrs
Old 2009-07-23, 04:21   Link #435
Westlo
Lets be reality

It doesn't matter if he isn't as good as he use to be... Balrog's/Boxer's a far cry from his ST version and he's still considered one of the strongest characters in the game. As long as he's not nurfed too much it's all good... Ken and Chun Li had a massive fall from the top compared to their SF III Third Strike Editions..

Anyway if they buffed Bison's Psycho Crusher and gave him an additional way to juggle into his Ultra I'll be pretty happy with Bison in the next revision of SF IV.
Old 2009-07-23, 18:00   Link #436
Master Mold
Banned

Unhappy

Even tho Balrog is still good in this game, an not that different from previous versions. Bison on the other hand is just an out right risk, and plays foreign to what he use to. He has little comeback capabilities, all he has now is his LK scissor kick/knee press. and his his anti air gets easily sh8ted on by most characters in the game including EX HS. Bison is extremely frustrating at times, his cross up, and jump ins etc etc could use work also.

Not to mention Ive read on another forum that most of the good Bison players Kuma, Inoue, Riki stopped using him now that hurts.
Old 2009-07-24, 12:27   Link #437
karasuma

SF4 $37 @newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...com-_-79233034
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 17:18   Link #438
Madvil

Woah! Just found out this thread!
Here's a "hello" with an Akuma combo video (not mine) :

I've recently bought a madcatz TE and right now I even got troubles pulling off a gohadouken so...

I think it's pretty clear than tiers don't matter on high level. As for why Justin picked Rog and not Guile, it's because Rog was his first character.
You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
Madvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 19:11   Link #439
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

nice gouki combos especially at 12 comb.
Old 2009-07-31, 07:27   Link #440
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvil View Post
Woah! Just found out this thread!
Here's a "hello" with an Akuma combo video (not mine) :
Spoiler for vid:

I've recently bought a madcatz TE and right now I even got troubles pulling off a gohadouken so...

I think it's pretty clear than tiers don't matter on high level. As for why Justin picked Rog and not Guile, it's because Rog was his first character.
Oho, time to learn some stuff with my fave character. Thanks for that link!

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360