AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-06, 19:45   Link #61
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Nice first episode
Too much reference about previous series
Spoiler:

It's just too bad that they keep the same music of Fresh Precure for Heartcatch. I was expecting of a new music composer or the return of Naoki Sato but well...
Spoiler:

Too much Ojamajo reference too . Erika is a funny character and Tsubomi will have an hard time, well good luck Nana Mizuki, i found her screaming too much
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 20:44   Link #62
Midonin
Last Engage

Toei's CG is still just disconcerting enough to take me out of the picture, but the ED song isn't half bad. Plus, hey, Nana Mizuki. Looks like I might be in for the long haul.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 00:41   Link #63
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Well that was a pretty enjoyable watch. With kind of simplistic design, animation was much better than expected instead, at least partially. Opening is totally fabulous and fast-paced. ED is once again cringe-worthy mocap 3DCGI, though looking a lot better than Fresh ED1. Not too much of typical mahou shoujo silliness either, which is a plus. Mizusawa Fumie does a great job as Erika, and with a totally different voice than that of, say, Juliet (from RxJ).

Oh and Cure Moonlight is obviously voiced by Hisakawa Aya, I have no idea why did they ???'d her. Perhaps, she's gonna return somehow.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 01:30   Link #64
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

New Allies of Justice are Fate Testarossa [Nanoha Series] with Amy [Sonic Series] and Gidget [Eureka Seven] with Kid Salsamille [Gundam X]. Joining also to the group is Linda T. Harlown [Nanoha Series]

New Recruits of NE/m/ESIS are: Tallgeese [SD Gundam Force], Axl [Rockman X Series], Reggiane Josephine [SRW GC/360], Agent X/Apollos [Mahou Sentai Magiranger vs Dekaranger], Gainer Sanga [Overman King Gainer], and Agumon [Digimon Series]. The newest member is Kati [Gundam 00]
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 01:36   Link #65
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Too much Ojamajo reference too . Erika is a funny character and Tsubomi will have an hard time, well good luck Nana Mizuki, i found her screaming too much
I'm sorry Doremi owns pretty cure hands down. This makes Pretty cure actually seem now somewhat bearable. Before it was saturated in cliche themes over and over.

The opening is a HUGE improvement on the vocals from fresh. Like serious what the hell was that. Someone was tone deaf.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 02:04   Link #66
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I just finished episode 1. So far this is my favorite Pretty Cure season... my opinion probably shouldn't count though since I've yet to see a full season of Pretty Cure. ^^;

But so far it looks promising to me, and unlike with the other seasons I can see myself watching every episode of this and staying updated on it. :3

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 04:07   Link #67
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I'm sorry Doremi owns pretty cure hands down. This makes Pretty cure actually seem now somewhat bearable. Before it was saturated in cliche themes over and over.
I sense character development for Heartcatch Pretty Cure.
Old 2010-02-07, 06:28   Link #68
Horse

Best maho shoujo show since Sailor Moon, thanks. If they can keep this quality throughout the whole run, it'd be amazing.

Scarf kamen next week!

Last edited by Horse; 2010-02-07 at 06:38.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 07:43   Link #69
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

That was the best Pretty Cure first episode I have ever seen. I think I'm happy with everything about it, but my expectation wasn't very high from the start. Looks like there will be character developement later on, since the characters looks like they can be developed pretty easily. The preview looks good, can't wait for the random dark haired guy to appear (as cliche as it is, I love this sort of story line). I never expected the ending dance to beat H@ppy Together, that was just the cutest ending I have ever seen. Doesn't look like this art style works well in CG either. The opening doesn't rip your ears!

Is it me, but the transformation looks a bit like Shugo Chara, with all the pink sparkles? Also the evil monster of the week uses the weakness of a certain character/person, seems pretty identical to Shugo Chara's bad eggs to me.

The weird chibis from Ojamajo Doremi is back, very happy about it. I bet Cure Moonlight would be an ensemble dark horse, and alot of fanarts are going to drawing Tsubomi with her glasses.

Just imagine Nana-chan doing the dance...she's going to suck at it (like all her other dancing )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I'm sorry Doremi owns pretty cure hands down
Agreed.
Old 2010-02-07, 14:01   Link #70
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
New Allies of Justice are Fate Testarossa [Nanoha Series] with Amy [Sonic Series] and Gidget [Eureka Seven] with Kid Salsamille [Gundam X]. Joining also to the group is Linda T. Harlown [Nanoha Series]

New Recruits of NE/m/ESIS are: Tallgeese [SD Gundam Force], Axl [Rockman X Series], Reggiane Josephine [SRW GC/360], Agent X/Apollos [Mahou Sentai Magiranger vs Dekaranger], Gainer Sanga [Overman King Gainer], and Agumon [Digimon Series]. The newest member is Kati [Gundam 00]
A bit disappointing this season lacked true gundam NE/m/ESIS. Shinn's heresy has create a division in ranks as he was saved by Kamen Rider

So NE/m/ESIS, who are they?
Old 2010-02-07, 15:46   Link #71
pcj

The concept of an existing Cure Team when the series begins, which fails, and the mascots find a new group to replace them, is pretty intriguing. It sure looks like that's what happened here. There's probably a chance they'll eventually save the original Cures and have a 4-person team I would imagine.
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:54   Link #72
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
On a side note, I've actually been trying out some of "Doremi". I will say I am more into Pretty Cure, but keep in mind I've watching it much longer. Still Doremi does have its charm.

As for Heartcatch, over all I like the first episode. The transformation scene was decent. Still it's clear that at least in the first two episodes if not more, we'll be in the set up phase.
Old 2010-02-08, 00:37   Link #73
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
A bit disappointing this season lacked true gundam NE/m/ESIS. Shinn's heresy has create a division in ranks as he was saved by Kamen Rider.

So NE/m/ESIS, who are they?
But Dai-Gundam (a.k.a. NE/m/ESIS) has its new Great Leader in the form of Shinn's father. But it's not a dissapointment because Kati Mannequin is now part of the group as the organization's newest superstar. She took Nena Trinity's "Dark Lemonade" DNA and injects it to her body so she became the Dark Precure.
Old 2010-02-08, 02:04   Link #74
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I agree it was actually quite good. Better than what I expected. I'm glad that it has a Doremi feel it makes it feel not attached to the other Pretty Cure series. And Taeko Yamada yes!!! I love her voice ever since Rababo in Comet-san.
But the transformation totally reminds me of the cologne tap from the Dokkan season of Doremi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
On a side note, I've actually been trying out some of "Doremi". I will say I am more into Pretty Cure, but keep in mind I've watching it much longer. Still Doremi does have its charm.

As for Heartcatch, over all I like the first episode. The transformation scene was decent. Still it's clear that at least in the first two episodes if not more, we'll be in the set up phase.
How much have you watched or which seasons? I find the whole back ground story is much more original. Their transformations are actually fun. I also find that their is much more character building and actually problems and issues and heart. It isn't all just about and opposing evil.

I would recommend to keep watching Doremi. Some of the best episodes are the OVA's and the final episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Best maho shoujo show since Sailor Moon, thanks. If they can keep this quality throughout the whole run, it'd be amazing.
Scarf kamen next week!
I would be to differ there have been many excellent magical girl shows since Sailor Moon. Shugo Chara, Doremi, Princess Tutu are a few examples. Comet-san is also quite good too but not on a Sailor Moon level.

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2010-02-08 at 02:30.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 03:26   Link #75
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Oh wow, what a surprise.

After seven seasons of Pretty Cure, Toei finally had the right mind to grab the screenplay writer from Ojamajo Doremi, the character designer from Ojamajo Doremi, and one of the directors from Ojamajo Doremi.

Basically, this is the closest we'll get to a new Ojamajo Doremi anime.

Since that's how it is, Doremi-fansubs has subbed the first episode! It's really a great start to a new season.

http://a.scarywater.net/doremi/%5BDo...5D.mkv.torrent

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 04:54   Link #76
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Thank you for your efforts Maceart.

Anyway, I don't really want to get into Doremi, the girls are too young in that one
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 07:07   Link #77
Siegel Clyne

Heartcatch Precure! Episode 1 Kanto TV Rating - 6.6%

Pretty Cure Series Opening Episode (Episode 1) Average Television Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Chiba, Saitama, etc.)

7.7% Futari wa Pretty Cure (2004-2005)
8.0% Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart (2005-2006)
8.8% Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash☆Star (2006-2007)
7.4% Yes! Precure 5 (2007-2008)
6.7% Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! (2008-2009)
7.4% Fresh Pretty Cure! (2009-2010)
6.6% Heartcatch Precure! (2010-2011)
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 08:44   Link #78
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Wai wai ~ Subs ~ Thanks Maceart

Eh? The screen writer is also from Ojamajo Doremi? Are they trying to grab some old skool fans this time round? I am not complaining with this season of Pretty Cure, I'm liking the Doremi connection.

Wow more people liked Fresh then I thought and I thought the first episode was the weakest Pretty Cure first episode.
Old 2010-02-08, 14:34   Link #79
TCman

Just saw the first episode of HeartCatch. Very enjoyable with nice pacing and good quality animations. Character design is top notch, especially the bad guys as seen in the OP, very stylish, as earlier mentioned very "Cassern-ish", very nice indeed.

As for the OP video, the song is indeed better than the one for Fresh Precure, especially the scenes with lots of hints and action, e.g. Cure Blossom with Superman's cape, Cure Marine's Ki Power-up attack detroying the badguys around her (like in Dragon Ball Z?!), fighting in space!!!; so if these scenes in the OP indicate just a part of what we are gonna to see, then HeartCatch is indeed very promising!

As for the relatively low (still 6.6%) TV rating when compared to earlier Precure series, well I guess the Precure fans need to warm up (need to get use to the new design which is not typical 'Pretty Cure' at all) for the new series, since HeartCatch does have a lot changes, it's an overhaul of the Precure series.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 17:35   Link #80
FireChick

I saw the first half of this (second half got off-key so I'll watch the rest of it somewhere else) and...FINALLY I FOUND A SHOW THAT HAS PROVEN ME WRONG FOR ONCE!!! I seriously thought that Tsubomi was gonna be the happy energetic girl and Erika was gonna be the shy girl...and it seems the latter has been reversed! But I love it so far. So much Ojamajo Doremi expressions and stuff! Not that I hate it, just pointing it out. I'm loving the two so far.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou-shoujo