AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 14:18   Link #21
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Well this was a cool albeit pointless episode. So I guess arrancar trumps vasto lorde, which I guess makes sense. Halibel was a cool character, I'm sorry to see her go.
Old 2010-08-17, 14:48   Link #22
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
So basically:
according to Hitsugaya : normal VL >>> captain
according to top 3 espada fights: captain >>> arrancar VL
according to this episode : arrancar adjuchas (the random shark guy) >>> normal VL (Halibel)

Yeah, yeah I know, power levels are a mess in bleach, but it is always fun seeing the gatting eve messier lol
well, it actually kinda makes sense. in 6th season, toshiro and his gang *barely* managed to beat gillian level arrancars, so if vl > captain, then it's not unbelievable that regular vl's will have a bit more trouble beatng adjuchas arrancars, who > gillian arrancars. And there's the fact that in both cases, they were taken by surprise by someone they've never encountered before.

And of course, I never think of anyone's power level to be constant, cuz pretty much everyone mentioned several times that they were gonna train and get stronger in preparation for the Winter War.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:07   Link #23
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Really, this is just a slap to the face to Halibel fans. Kubo couldn't be bothered to think of a way for her to go out in glory, he had to make Aizen tell everyone that Espadas are no longer important to the plot.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:31   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

To anyone who denies it after this and the databook info:
Spoiler for -:
thats what i wonna do when someone thinks a girl calling another girl beautiful is a hint towards yuri.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:46   Link #25
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Bleach:
Old 2010-08-17, 17:01   Link #26
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
This also shows that an Adjuchas-level arrancar is stronger than a Vasto Lorde, which means Hitsugaya greatly exaggerated the VLs' power.
Not only that, but he was one of Barragan's grunt-level adjuchas - the type like Barragan's fracciones who weren't exactly up to much (losing to VCs relatively easily)
Old 2010-08-17, 17:04   Link #27
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Not only that, but he was one of Barragan's grunt-level adjuchas - the type like Barragan's fracciones who weren't exactly up to much (losing to VCs relatively easily)
Actually the person Tia was fighting was not a adjuchas or not just as aduchas, but more of an arrancar he was way too human like. Vl are still stronger than aduchas

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-08-17 at 21:28.
Old 2010-08-17, 17:57   Link #28
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Actually the person Tia was fighting was not a adjuchas or not just as aduchas, but more of an arranca he was way too human like. Vl are still stronger than aduchas
Yeah vasto's are stronger. But apparently arrancar's beat just regular vastolordes.
Old 2010-08-17, 18:05   Link #29
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
Yeah vasto's are stronger. But apparently arrancar's beat just regular vastolordes.
Yup that may end up being true.
Old 2010-08-17, 18:38   Link #30
Gin
*Artist

I actually really enjoyed this episode. This is exactly the kind of filler I was hoping for, if we have to go back to fillers soon, I want to see an arc about Ai-chan, Gin, and tousen took over Hueco Mundo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
Well this was a cool albeit pointless episode. So I guess arrancar trumps vasto lorde, which I guess makes sense. Halibel was a cool character, I'm sorry to see her go.
Makes sense to me, just like how Byakuya > Ichigo, but Hollow Ichigo > Byakuya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Really, this is just a slap to the face to Halibel fans. Kubo couldn't be bothered to think of a way for her to go out in glory, he had to make Aizen tell everyone that Espadas are no longer important to the plot.
You are a lot more eloquent in expressing your disappointment then when it happened in the manga.
Old 2010-08-17, 18:56   Link #31
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

*all the above posts* Im confused All this power ups talk is making me dizzy all i know if you question kubo's logic your head will explode

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-08-17, 20:29   Link #32
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay without any spoilers, can someone tell me the following:

1) Have there been any fillers since episode 272...
2) Will there be fillers very soon?
3) How close is this arc to being finished?
4) Any super awesome good animation cool suspenseful fights since the ichigo vs batman?
5) Thanks ver much i wub u all
Old 2010-08-17, 21:10   Link #33
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I think that's vizards only.
so, ok, spelling error out, but still the question stands.

that avatar is based from when Ichigo was starting his training, Hiyori had her eyes blacken'd out when she put on her hollow mask.

so during this episode, why doesn't happen now?
Old 2010-08-17, 21:22   Link #34
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Using my knowledge on Vastos Lordes I believe that many Vl's can beat an arrancar, but some might not. Like Barragan could beat some arrancars in his original state.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:49   Link #35
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
So basically:
according to this episode : arrancar adjuchas (the random shark guy) >>> normal VL (Halibel)

Yeah, yeah I know, power levels are a mess in bleach, but it is always fun seeing the gatting eve messier lol
As far as the top 3 espada fights go...

Halibel > Hitsugaya
Barragan > Soi Fon and Omaeda
Stark > Love and Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
well, it actually kinda makes sense. in 6th season, toshiro and his gang *barely* managed to beat gillian level arrancars, so if vl > captain, then it's not unbelievable that regular vl's will have a bit more trouble beatng adjuchas arrancars, who > gillian arrancars. And there's the fact that in both cases, they were taken by surprise by someone they've never encountered before.
it was more like Toshiro and Co. were fighting a handicap match since they only had 1/5th of their strength for most of it and even though they took a ton of damage, once they were at full power, it was a no contest bout.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:59   Link #36
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
So basically:

actually a normal Vl is technically stronger than a captain based on this episode and some past episode showing this
Hitsugaya vs Halibel- Tia easily had the upper hand over Hitsugaya. If Tia is a Vl then Vl are stronger than a captain's level shinigami

Barragan vs Hacchi- Hacchi may have won, but Barragan could have won. Because of Barragan ability to age anything he touches all Hachi had to do was place that ability back onto him

Starrk vs Kyoraku- I won't go into this fight much, but the winner of this fight was Kyoraku simply because he shikai obviously triumphs any hollow of any form.
Old 2010-08-17, 23:42   Link #37
Voduar

While I did enjoy this pseudo filler episode on its own merits, it will prove incredibly annoying to the Bleach canon if it is considered a part of it. If Bleach even has canon at this point. Also, Hallibel looks like an arrancar the entire episode to me, and the shark thing seemed to not have a sword, though it may have already released. Also, Hallibel gets an entire death episode, and we still know nothing about Ulquiorra's story. Sigh. I was really hoping to find out that he really was L.
Old 2010-08-17, 23:47   Link #38
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
^ Bleach has more than one canon. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
Old 2010-08-17, 23:49   Link #39
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Okay without any spoilers, can someone tell me the following:

1) Have there been any fillers since episode 272...
2) Will there be fillers very soon?
3) How close is this arc to being finished?
4) Any super awesome good animation cool suspenseful fights since the ichigo vs batman?
5) Thanks ver much i wub u all
Fillers are coming up within the next few eps.
Old 2010-08-18, 00:22   Link #40
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
actually a normal Vl is technically stronger than a captain based on this episode and some past episode showing this
Hitsugaya vs Halibel- Tia easily had the upper hand over Hitsugaya. If Tia is a Vl then Vl are stronger than a captain's level shinigami
not really...
Halibel was NOT a normal Vasto Lorde, she was an arrancarized Vasto Lordo which should be WAY stronger (not to mention that hitsugaya is arguably one of the weaker captains). By all means she should have wiped the floor with Hitsugaya quite easily, much like how Grimjow beat the living shit out of non-vizard ichigo

In fact the first grimjow vs ichigo fight illustrates well how these fights SHOULD have gone down if the power levels made sense. Ichigo was captain level himself, just below byakuya in terms of strength, and yet even with Bankai he did not have a prayer against a non-released Grimjow... Now Stark and Halibel, being even stronger than Grimjow, SHOULD have been able to do the same, completely storming the battlefield without even the need to release their true power. Releasing would have meant an instant game over for the SS captains...

In the end, it really should have been the vizard captains that should have really saved the day... between vizard masks, and their Bankai, they should have had the strength to do what Ichigo did to Grim when he used HIS vizard powers... and that would be fight toe to toe with their released forms.

Quote:
Barragan vs Hacchi- Hacchi may have won, but Barragan could have won. Because of Barragan ability to age anything he touches all Hachi had to do was place that ability back onto him
Barragan I would say is probably the ONLY espada who has so far lived up to the Vasto Lorde reputation... And not so much because of his aging powers (which are just horribly broken to the point where it is baffling how he hasn't killed Aizen yet), but by the fact that he was able to take a direct hit with Soi fon's Bankai and come out with only a minor (atleast that's how he made it seem) injury... See now THAT's the kind of power I expect from an arrancarized Vasto Lorde, so strong that a captain has trouble doing ANY damage; hell the captains should probably have trouble just landing a hit

Quote:
Starrk vs Kyoraku- I won't go into this fight much, but the winner of this fight was Kyoraku simply because he shikai obviously triumphs any hollow of any form.
Now that i have a hard time buying...
I would expect Stark to have the speed and reflexes to block or dodge such attacks... and Hell, bringing up Barragan again, i would expect Stark to have the defense and stamina to just shrug off such an attack... really are expected to believe that Kyoraku's shikai attack was so vastly stronger than Soi fon's nuke bankai? Compared to Barry's defence, Stark just comes off as weak.
Closed Thread