AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 09:56   Link #1481
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Or maybe a single pocket knife for fighting.
Old 2011-11-14, 12:20   Link #1482
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Ahahaha... i love context xD

Finally the full chapter 29 is out ...in chinese but at least i finally watched the full sceneario.

Spoiler for Damn you Tourney-rules!:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 12:28   Link #1483
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
That war lasted for about 800 years.

Olivie didn't start it -- she inherited it after every other imperial heir died.

Then she ended the war. Indeed, it was ending the war that made her a famous hero.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
No, it's not. But it doesn't strike me as very practical.
A lot of things in Nanoha aren't very practical. Hasn't stopped them before.

Quote:
Likewise, with all of the craze about mass-based weapons, I have to wonder why we don't see a single lead-and-powder slug-throwing firearm amongst the dead. Not one pistol or rifle or machine gun.
Because the author and artist tend not to think that through when drawing those scenes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:21   Link #1484
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Weee... Ch. 30 appeared! ..in chinese!

Spoiler for Dialogue dang it!:

Tsuzuki goes off the mess pretty well with this chapter, there was good stuff in it even if i ended up with a bittersweet taste about some stuff that also happened in it. Overall, this fight does wonders for my appreaciation of Corona, she was totally rescued form the scrappy heap in my eyes.

On the other hand, it rested some sypathetic points to Einhart to me as she comes as sort of inconsistent during this fight, at first she seems her usual battle-self(imponent, cold, awesome!), then Corona trounced her so hard that said image of Einhart crumbled to pieces, then the bell saves Einhart's butt which was a terrible writing move as it almost completely demerited Einhart's latter comeback when it turns out she was holding back the entire time which makes her to look like a smug super, then she starts lording her superiority all over Corona not with her mouth but with her fists.

From this point onwards the fight gets good again because AT LEAST remains consistent on the power levels, Corona makes a truly valiant effort to fight a superior adversary and despite the obvious result she can be seen as someone who gave everything in battle and go down just after she lasted every possible chance and resource at her dispossal. Einhart's "guilty" face when she embraces Corona gived me mixed feelings, on one hand i found it truly heartwarming and as an apologize for understimating Corona's capacity with the "holding back" thing. On the other hand, also strikes me as something like "i apologize for being too strong" which is kind of smuggy -_-.

But again, all i have is images, i need text, hope the tranlators pick this up quickly.

...oh, on the incoming match i guess Victoria's mind is more with Sieglinde than in the battlefield, i guess Shante will takle advantage of this at first and make the Warrior Princess struggle ...until Sieg-chan appears on the terrace and tells Victoria to don't worry and do her best, then Victoria will deliver a sound beating to that mischievous little nun xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-22, 12:30   Link #1485
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-22, 12:35   Link #1486
Skane
Anime Snark

I'm dying to know how Sieg fights.

Hmm...
Old 2011-11-22, 12:37   Link #1487
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ....interesting...:

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-22, 16:27   Link #1488
Amaterasu1963

Little note on Chapter 30.
Spoiler for at the end:
Amaterasu1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 12:00   Link #1489
Jimmy C

Shanti's not ahead on points, she had slightly more HP than Victoria at the end of the first round. That was thanks to evading the whole time. But it looks like she's ready to go non the offensive for round two.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 12:57   Link #1490
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

She was just testing Victoria's strength and habits throughout the first round, and from her confident declaration in the end you would almost say this could be an easy victory. If not, expect at least some sneaky tricks for this showdown.

But in the end Nanoha can blow them all up in one shot in serious mode. If you compare her 9 years old self to all these competitors she was already near the top (Losing only to Einhalt, Vivio, Lutecia maybe), and when I look at the level of magic she showed in Force to these fights... >_>

MILITARY IS DIFFERENT FROM MARTIAL ARTS!
Old 2011-11-23, 13:17   Link #1491
Sunder the Gold

Mangafox is still on, what, Chapter 21?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 13:45   Link #1492
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1

wordcount

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:06   Link #1493
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I think Shante is gonna lose. She'll give Victoria a run for her money, but then Victoria will pull out all the stops. It'll be a good lesson for the overconfident Shante, who felt Vivio wasn't taking things seriously enough and wasn't ready. Instead, it'll be Shante who wasn't ready.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:30   Link #1494
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I think Shante is gonna lose. She'll give Victoria a run for her money, but then Victoria will pull out all the stops. It'll be a good lesson for the overconfident Shante, who felt Vivio wasn't taking things seriously enough and wasn't ready. Instead, it'll be Shante who wasn't ready.
I haven't read the last (unavailabe) seven chapters, and I still wouldn't have bet against this outcome.

Shante is not supposed to be the darkhorse of this competition; that's supposed to be Vivio and/or Einhart.

It's as simple as knowing who the main/title character is.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:38   Link #1495
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Lessee, character who hails from a Belkan royal bloodline in a story in which said bloodlines are pretty much the only plotpoints, or a churchgirl who's connection to said bloodlines is merely one of friendship and has received no plot threads of her own.

Yeah, the odds are pretty clear here.
Old 2011-11-23, 16:51   Link #1496
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And we don't even know what Victoria's special ability is yet. Shante's likely going to be the one who finds out what it is.
Old 2011-11-23, 16:58   Link #1497
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So far ViVid has been done a good job balancing the situations between opponents to avoid giving a clear notion of who's going to win, this argument aver the fight between Victoria and Shante is enough proof of that. Unlike the "other" manga xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-23, 17:21   Link #1498
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Had Corona won her fight against Einhart, all bets would have been off. Now though? The situation is pretty clear. Not a chance Victoria is going to lose before she gets her plot threads resolved.

Yeah, it might be a close fight, but Victoria is going to win.
Old 2011-11-23, 18:09   Link #1499
Justin_Brett

Might as well not read the next chapter, then, if you sophisticated gents can predict its entire contents.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 18:12   Link #1500
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm not talking about the plot, i'm talking about the atmosphere, it's realxing not having that feeling of "bah! this guy will utterly destroy this other guy, it's clear as day", Einhart won but was on the ropes for a good part of the fight, Miura more likely won by good luck rather than being a better fighter than Micaiah and so on, the only clear-cut curbstomps were on the preliminaries and the victories of Harii Tribecca and that traditional witch girl.

In the "other" manga that "one-sided fight" feeling is all over the place xDU.

~The ASFB~

Tags
vivid