AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-13, 04:10   Link #1
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
[Anime] Episode 14: The Right Hand of Destruction

i am happy that this series has its own forum so i thought why dont we discuss the new episode

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-13, 04:19   Link #2
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
Thumbs up

I love this episode too !

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-13, 05:29   Link #3
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Im glad to see the series taking a more serious outlook again, it works much better for me. Its becoming a bit obvious that Scar is Ed and Als Uncle (or atleast, Ill be surprised if it turn out otherwise - desptire how I hate these kinds of unknown blood-ties).

I wonder if Ed and Al will return to Rosa's city (forgot the name) sometime soon?

Does anyone else think Lust looks a lot like Col. Mustang with a wig on?
Old 2004-01-13, 06:12   Link #4
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
how in the hell do u think Scar is related to them.. mmm i dont really see it... plus scar knows all about the fullmetal alchemist, his name and stuff... so i think he coulda put two and two together...
Old 2004-01-13, 06:59   Link #5
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Plus he said that his brother died.Their father is still alive.
Old 2004-01-13, 07:36   Link #6
Archaic

Scar might know the name of Full Metal Alchemist, but his info is obviously incomplete, as evidenced by him not knowing about the auto mail. As for evidence that he's related, there's that shot we had of him earlier from when he was younger, where he and the person he was with looked quite like the brothers.
Old 2004-01-13, 08:39   Link #7
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
I wonder if Ed is so strong, he may be skilled and genius but I think a lot of State alchmists are better than Ed, Armstrong seems to be far stronger than Ed !
Old 2004-01-13, 09:04   Link #8
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well i believe ED is a genuis in alchemy but that doesnt mean hes a great warrior coz a warrior is forged through wars.
Old 2004-01-13, 09:18   Link #9
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
well i believe ED is a genuis in alchemy but that doesnt mean hes a great warrior coz a warrior is forged through wars.
Well, genius and warrior belongs to two complete different category. I dun think Ed is good in fighting and stuffs but he is good in using Alchemy for other purposes. I'm also hoping that Armstrong will be alright but...the scar guy looks completely calm when facing him though...In the previews, it showed that the scar guy caught Ed and I'm pretty sure we can say that Armstrong is dead. Lets hope Ed can do a miracle or something or else he sure is gonna die a horrible death. I mean..look at Al's armour! It sort of cracked when the guy hit him!
Old 2004-01-13, 09:28   Link #10
alchemistfanatic344
Fallen Alchemist

I really do think that there will be a connection between the boys and that scar fellow and it was never actually stated that there father was alive or dead so he very well could be given the direction the show is going I actually think he is dead and that scar just might be there uncle i mean really how many anime series have we seen with this sort of theme going on.
Old 2004-01-13, 11:07   Link #11
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Scar is one mean guy killed Gran easy even when he had a fake philosophers stone. I think Scar will catch up to them, but then get some flashback of his brother and leave them alone
.........or something like that
Old 2004-01-13, 11:15   Link #12
OrO
Vega

Gran didn't have time to use the stone, only the time to die, scar waas too fast !
Old 2004-01-13, 12:40   Link #13
Nine Devil

hmm no one reading the manga waiting for Vicious-san than to answer
Old 2004-01-13, 13:30   Link #14
OrO
Vega

no I didn't read the manga, but I heard that it was different, can you say something about it without spoiling us ?
Old 2004-01-13, 14:01   Link #15
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Actually, if you watch the little bit of the show way at the end that tells who the sponsors are, they show more parts of the next episode, and Gran is in one of the scenes. He may not be dead.
Old 2004-01-13, 14:48   Link #16
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I don't think Scar is related in any way to them. His brother was killed by alchemists and so he hates them, but it was never mentioned, that he has alchemists in his family.
I thought he said at one point his brother gave him tht arm as he was dying so he could avenge his death. That would imply his brother was an alchemist. I'm not sure about that though, I may have just heard a rumor or made it up and put that into the plot. I think I need to rewatch the anime.
Anyway I agree with you, and almost everyone else, that Scar is in no way related to Ed and Al. He seemed to know the code names for all the state alchemists. I'd say Scar was busy doing some research on various state alchemists in the time between Ed and Al first seeing him, and the start of his killing spree. It would be stupid of him not to.
It's great that FMA finally got it's own forum.
Old 2004-01-13, 15:21   Link #17
Nine Devil

I didn't/don't read the manga it is Vicious-san.
Old 2004-01-13, 16:04   Link #18
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
I've only read whats been released by TW, which isn't a lot, although it has this bit. The manga is different since there was quite a lot of filler in the anime, also, a lot of the stuff it went over in the manga, that wasn't filler, actually took place in the present as far as i'm aware, such as the train. While this took place in the past in the anime.
Old 2004-01-13, 17:33   Link #19
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

Actually the preview of ep 15 where it showed Gran again is a flashback of when all the state alchemists went to war at that one city/country that Dr. Marco (Crystal Alchemist) ran away from, we also see Armstrong and some other familiar alchemists in that event So I'm guessing part of the ep will be a flashback when Marco is retelling the events of that war/massacre and then the other part will be Al and Ed facing off with Scar

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Old 2004-01-13, 18:06   Link #20
Hyuga Jubei
Drifter

He knows all the State Alchemist names because of his arm,
forgot which ep he was mumbling about it.

Closed Thread