AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-20, 12:14   Link #5421
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
O.o?!

What are you saying? In the Railgun manga after Daihaisei arc starts, we see Kuroko on wheelchair O.O;;

Totally forgot!!!!

Well... my reply to that is we already saw her injured in the Index movie PV and that was shown during the railgun S anime time-slot so Railgun S watchers should already be familiar with it ? (Trying to come up with excuses...) But really, railgun people get no explanation for the movie, but it was there as well... so I'm not sure if they'll just follow that trend.

BTW Daihasesai arc needs to be twice as long so we can get a 52 episode 3rd season of railgun!!!
Old 2013-09-20, 12:24   Link #5422
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Totally forgot!!!!

Well... my reply to that is we already saw her injured in the Index movie PV and that was shown during the railgun S anime time-slot so Railgun S watchers should already be familiar with it ? (Trying to come up with excuses...) But really, railgun people get no explanation for the movie, but it was there as well... so I'm not sure if they'll just follow that trend.

BTW Daihasesai arc needs to be twice as long so we can get a 52 episode 3rd season of railgun!!!
Which is why I am saying for those who has no access to the novels will have no idea what's going on without watching the Index anime XP

For Railgun Season 3, 24~26 episodes is enough. I predict Daihaisei arc will actually have enough material to cover 24~26 episodes. If not then I think they could do Liberal Art City arc first then move onto Daihaisei arc. In terms of timeline it fits.

It's too bad Kongou appearing more earlier kind of contradicted the timeline though.

I wish they did an OVA on Railgun SS2 too though. XD;;
Old 2013-09-21, 00:28   Link #5423
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Which is why I am saying for those who has no access to the novels will have no idea what's going on without watching the Index anime XP

For Railgun Season 3, 24~26 episodes is enough. I predict Daihaisei arc will actually have enough material to cover 24~26 episodes. If not then I think they could do Liberal Art City arc first then move onto Daihaisei arc. In terms of timeline it fits.

It's too bad Kongou appearing more earlier kind of contradicted the timeline though.

I wish they did an OVA on Railgun SS2 too though. XD;;
I really hope they do Liberal Arts City first. It has enough slice of life to count as being what the anime original part would be like. And it would kind of be anime-original in terms of pictures because it has way fewer pictures than the manga does.
Old 2013-09-21, 10:12   Link #5424
Shinhwa
Banned

Doing Liberal Art City arc can be a plus to show who Xochitl is beforehand when she appears in the Daihaisei arc.
Old 2013-09-22, 00:12   Link #5425
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Tough luck for them.

But that's what they get for being total;y stubborn about the whole Index vs Railgun thing... >_>
Old 2013-09-22, 00:21   Link #5426
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tough luck for them.

But that's what they get for being total;y stubborn about the whole Index vs Railgun thing... >_>
I kind of don't like the idea that you cannot figure out the whole story unless you read both side of the story T____T
Old 2013-09-22, 00:49   Link #5427
Goldzero

Quote:
Tough luck for them.

agreed. those who likes one of the other stories should give the original story a try since adaptions can do a poor job from time to time(refering to both index and railgun haters).
Old 2013-09-22, 01:23   Link #5428
Shinhwa
Banned

From my experience, those who get interested in a series tend to look up further information about it, and if they find out the series has another side spin-off story or original story, then they would look for it too, so I am not that worried, but... there are some exceptions XD
Old 2013-09-22, 01:25   Link #5429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I kind of don't like the idea that you cannot figure out the whole story unless you read both side of the story T____T
That's the whole point of multiple media franchise.

If everything was the same, what's the point of multiple stories?
Old 2013-09-22, 01:27   Link #5430
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:

Yeah I know XD

Just that it does have its weaknesses that's all TwT
Old 2013-09-22, 21:41   Link #5431
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah I know XD

Just that it does have its weaknesses that's all TwT
Railgun is a spin-off series. That is definitely a statement held to be true by Kamachi-sensei as it appears even on railgun s episodes...

Therefore, believing you shouldn't need to see Index in order to understand everything going on in the spin-off series (no matter how good the spin-off series is on its own) is preposterous. This is because in many cases, the author of the main series will try to use the spin-off series in order to provide more background for the main series.

So repeating the same material defeats the point.

This is why having multiple stories is important and not having the same ones...

The Sisters Arc was developed in Railgun from Index... but that arc was kind of Mikoto's arc, the reason Railgun was even born (in the sense that Mikoto was an interesting character in the first place in the Index world because of the Sisters arc and its later implications on the storyline).

This is why in a case like with the Sisters arc it would make sense to fill in the gaps. However, with the other material, it shouldn't be necessary to have Index-stuff in railgun unless it is Railgun (Mikoto)-specific. Other stuff that might have to do with railgun could be there... but it would kind of ruin the point. Railgun expands on the lives of railgun characters when they're not in Index. So... putting all of their Index arcs into that defeats the purpose.

Anyway, I feel like the distinction for what storylines will be important will be marred even further in the Accelerator manga. Will we get all brand new storylines or will we see storylines that have already happened in the Index LNs from Accelerator's point of view?

All of these questions are interesting, but unanswerable until the manga comes out.

Either way, a lot of the railgun filler isn't exactly in character with the rest of Index, but it's what makes railgun popular. Therefore, I'm sure it isn't exactly fair to assume Kamachi has to appreciate railgun anime paradigms first before his own.

But I like both... I just want Kamachi's opinions to be respected first and foremost no matter what I prefer.
Old 2013-09-22, 21:50   Link #5432
Shinhwa
Banned

I wonder what that Accelerator manga will be about too lol.

As long as it doesn't somehow start some kind of Accelerator x Mikoto thing (Never happened in the novel either so I am somewhat relieved... but still)...

Just thinking about it makes me headdesk like Kuroko:
Old 2013-09-22, 22:00   Link #5433
Birdway
Banned

The more you want it to not happen, the more the chances it will be.
Old 2013-09-22, 22:04   Link #5434
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
The more you want it to not happen, the more the chances it will be.
Don't Jinx it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

*ROLLS ON THE FLOOR IN DESPAIR* DX DX DX DX DX
Old 2013-09-25, 03:17   Link #5435
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Railgun is a spin-off series. That is definitely a statement held to be true by Kamachi-sensei as it appears even on railgun s episodes...

Therefore, believing you shouldn't need to see Index in order to understand everything going on in the spin-off series (no matter how good the spin-off series is on its own) is preposterous. This is because in many cases, the author of the main series will try to use the spin-off series in order to provide more background for the main series.

So repeating the same material defeats the point.

This is why having multiple stories is important and not having the same ones...

The Sisters Arc was developed in Railgun from Index... but that arc was kind of Mikoto's arc, the reason Railgun was even born (in the sense that Mikoto was an interesting character in the first place in the Index world because of the Sisters arc and its later implications on the storyline).

This is why in a case like with the Sisters arc it would make sense to fill in the gaps. However, with the other material, it shouldn't be necessary to have Index-stuff in railgun unless it is Railgun (Mikoto)-specific. Other stuff that might have to do with railgun could be there... but it would kind of ruin the point. Railgun expands on the lives of railgun characters when they're not in Index. So... putting all of their Index arcs into that defeats the purpose.

Anyway, I feel like the distinction for what storylines will be important will be marred even further in the Accelerator manga. Will we get all brand new storylines or will we see storylines that have already happened in the Index LNs from Accelerator's point of view?

All of these questions are interesting, but unanswerable until the manga comes out.

Either way, a lot of the railgun filler isn't exactly in character with the rest of Index, but it's what makes railgun popular. Therefore, I'm sure it isn't exactly fair to assume Kamachi has to appreciate railgun anime paradigms first before his own.

But I like both... I just want Kamachi's opinions to be respected first and foremost no matter what I prefer.
Well put across dniv. I ve always felt that the entire reason that the Railgun manga exists is to supplement the main story presented in the light novels. There are just too many references to events in the novels for the Railgun manga to be a stand alone affair.

The events that happened recently with Xochitl and Saten should be utterly perplexing to anyone who just reads Railgun only. And that is only ONE of the most extreme examples.

Unless someone reads Index LNs, there are events that occur in the manga which satisfy the definition of plot holes. This is why I think that the Railgun Manga is specifically designed for the sake of the light novel readers.

On another note, I believe that in the theoretical third Railgun anime season (which WILL come after Index III) will animate both Liberal Arts City AND the Remnant Arc in order to close the plot holes for the sake of the anime only viewers.
Old 2013-09-25, 05:21   Link #5436
Ashaman

Welp, Railgun manga's just got more awesome.

Spoiler for 63 spoiler:
Old 2013-09-25, 05:27   Link #5437
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Welp, Railgun manga's just got more awesome.

Spoiler for 63 spoiler:
Spoiler for That doesn't describe it:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-09-25, 05:32   Link #5438
R.D.Blax

Spoiler for 63 spoiler:
Old 2013-09-25, 05:37   Link #5439
zaeraal

This is beyond what words can describe.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

GUNHA!!!
Looks awesome, I was worried Touma would only stood there and pwned her with his boring power, but now we got Gunha!.
I was secretly hoping for him to appear and my dream come true.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2013-09-25 at 06:09.
Old 2013-09-25, 06:02   Link #5440
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP! Kamachi is on a fantastic roll this year!! He has literally been delivering on all fronts. What a year for the Index franchise!!!

We had KamjiouxKakine in NT7, KamijouxMisakaxIndex in NT8 and there was a whole lot of teasing of KamijouxShokuhouxMisaka... but KamijouxGunha!? Words cannot describe how happy I am. Everyone thought we were getting a Shirai Kuroko chapter but we got the TRUE epitome of awesomeness right here. The 3rd and 4th spoiler pages are making me feel extremely hyped...no matter how shonen it is!!!

Developments like this really ground the statements in my previous post.^^^^^ Only the LN readers would be screaming like girls in excitement for this. I really wonder how those casual Railgun manga only fans will take this...

Tags
fantasy, shounen