2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-01, 08:38   Link #161
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
I can see that Attack Titan has gain huge popularity in Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, South East Asia, Europe, UK and US.

Finally an Anime that made such big international impact. We gonna see their sales for DVD/Blu-ray sky rocketed and this anime will become legend.
Are you sure? Any source to support your claims?

Or is it just your fanboyism getting ahead of you?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:17   Link #162
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Are you sure? Any source to support your claims?

Or is it just your fanboyism getting ahead of you?
For Japan, there's no doubt of its popularity based on the manga sales.

For China, because i could understand their language, i frequent their anime forums and saw huge followers of this series and there's no sign of stopping new people watching this series. To give you a hint, Attack on Titan before the release of the anime has only 3000 followers at a chinese forum, but after only 4 episode, the followers has increases to 41k.

In Asia, there's also large fandom on this series....I stay in Singapore and almost all my friends who watch anime follow this and gave their thumbs up. Also i found out from a Anime Facebook page that shares new Spring release on their page which saw the most likes ever for AoT.

For US and Europe, you can check its popularity based on youtube and certain anime sites like ANL which also sees huge follower increases.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:39   Link #163
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLImJOIl2D8

best parody ever.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:39   Link #164
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I still laugh when I see people call Eren a stereotypical shounen protag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katai2013 View Post

But he realized that Eren and Mikasa are also brothers or not? : Heh: aahah ( even if they are blood brothers, we know )
Even if people know they are siblings, one look at how Mikasa clings and babies Eren is enough to know that she:
A- Only focuses on him leaving little room for others to get closer to her;
B- Might also have a thing for him regardless of being "siblings";

Jean's an idiot, I really don't like him...never have, but his jealousy is understandable.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:54   Link #165
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
ROFLMAO, I embedded it for you in the "music video" thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...73#post4661173
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:55   Link #166
Katai2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I still laugh when I see people call Eren a stereotypical shounen protag.

Even if people know they are siblings, one look at how Mikasa clings and babies Eren is enough to know that she:
A- Only focuses on him leaving little room for others to get closer to her;
B- Might also have a thing for him regardless of being "siblings";

Jean's an idiot, I really don't like him...never have, but his jealousy is understandable.
is because the problem is that Eren has to go around doing "morality"!

I hate it because it makes a lot of talk to others about how they "should enlist to go fight the giants out" and then but ... says nothing in Mikasa and Armin just because they are his friends XD Only they can for him to stay in the inner walls and this bothers me!

But apart from this aspect Eren has 2 big merits in my opinion

1) he does not have "special powers" like the average of shonen protagonists, (at least for now) and gets only due to the strength of will

2) Despite being a whining, and a snooty of shit ... is not a "feel-good" in fact its purpose isn't to "save humanity" for its gentle disposition, but is instead that "to kill the giants for revenge" and is already more different and appreciable

... Buth for me hi is however a stereotypical ... not more different then the others shonen protagonists ... I did not say that being stereotyped means to be ugly, it's just a flaw in originality, but I did not say that it is a character poorly characterized
Old 2013-05-01, 10:03   Link #167
Destined_Fate

Eh.

In the earlier episodes Mikasa NEVER referred to Eren's father and mother as her own parents but as Eren's, so I doubt they're blood siblings. I'm going with that they're close but clearly Mikasa doesn't see Eren in a brotherly sense but as someone she wants to protect and be with no matter what. Such as how she tells Eren that no matter where he chooses to go that she will follow him even though she's the top of the class and could literally go anywhere she wanted.

Those flashbacks we saw earlier on seem to give credit to that Mikasa feels obligated to Eren for something.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:08   Link #168
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
He's not a bad guy, he deserves at least a bit of respect for the fact that he was the first who looked for reconciliation when he and Eren had their first argument.

I think that apart from the Jealousy he is ticked off by how Eren acts towards Mikasa, it seems that there's a few people here that share his sentiment.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:11   Link #169
Destined_Fate

Eren does appear to take Mikasa for granted and he told her to cut her hair after Jean had said that it was beautiful. So I'm sure Jean sees their relationship as being way too one sided and that Eren is not treating Mikasa right. After all, Eren thus far has not been shown being kind to Mikasa since they got to the training camp and has treated her as more of a nag than anything else even though she's just trying to help him and is completely dedicated to his own welfare.
Old 2013-05-01, 10:11   Link #170
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
ROFLMAO, I embedded it for you in the "music video" thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...73#post4661173
nice! i didn't know there was a music video thread lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:13   Link #171
Gundamx

Quote:
I hate it because it makes a lot of talk to others about how they "should enlist to go fight the giants out" and then but ... says nothing in Mikasa and Armin just because they are his friends XD Only they can for him to stay in the inner walls and this bothers me!
Just because he is ready to sacrifice himself doesn't mean I am ready to do same with his friends/family
Did you know that surgeon doctor can't operate on his friends/family member?
(just because you can do something for other doesn't mean you can do it for yourself)

It's normal that you want people you care for to be safe but he didn't push it and accept that they too want to joined him...

Can you accept your sister to fight alongside yourself in losing war that have 90% chance to die or been eaten alive?
(even if she stronger than you)
(Erin accept // He just ask but didn't getting angry when they refused)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:45   Link #172
Accelolita_

Can I just say how pretty Levy is in the anime?
(though I'm sad they didn't put Hanji's comment into the anime Q-Q )
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 13:59   Link #173
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
is because the problem is that Eren has to go around doing "morality"!

He actually didn't do that, in fact during the dinner most of the others were trying convince to him not to join the Recon Corps. Eren in returned argued why he's doing it while pointing the contradicton of the military's system that became apparent to him after talking to Annie. He's wasn't forcing anyone to enlist and practically disagreed with anyone (not just Arimn and Mikasa) who changed their minds and did the next day.

Quote:
2) Despite being a whining, and a snooty of shit ... is not a "feel-good" in fact its purpose isn't to "save humanity" for its gentle disposition, but is instead that "to kill the giants for revenge" and is already more different and appreciable
Honestly the only time I've ever found him whiny during loss of mother and unless you lack empathy, he's completely justified there. If anything, he's real flaws are that he's often really brash and puts his foot in his mouth sometimes. By the time of episode 4 however, he's matured and mellowed out those negative traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate
Eren does appear to take Mikasa for granted and he told her to cut her hair after Jean had said that it was beautiful. So I'm sure Jean sees their relationship as being way too one sided and that Eren is not treating Mikasa right. After all, Eren thus far has not been shown being kind to Mikasa since they got to the training camp and has treated her as more of a nag than anything else even though she's just trying to help him and is completely dedicated to his own welfare.
He told Mikasa to cut her hair for safety reasons, and Eren not wanting to be dependent on her is hardly taking her for granted. While she does nag on him bit, Eren certainly still respects her.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-01 at 14:27.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 15:05   Link #174
Destined_Fate

Yes, but he only told her in an annoyed way since he didn't like her nagging.

It isn't hard for him to see him as mistreating or taking her for granted. After all he hasn't exactly said nice things to her and he DID ditch her when she was trying to tell him that she will always be with him even if he was rejected from the training.
Old 2013-05-01, 15:13   Link #175
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Iron Maw took the words out of my mouth.

And I feel that people easily take Mikasa's side a bit blindly. Oh God! A male protagonist that doesn't respond to his clingy overachieving and over protective sister! He should be in love and blushing by just being close to her! Shounen fuck yea!

Man, I had a clingy overprotective sister growing up and I find Eren's actions quite reasonable and realistic for a teenager in his situation, though a bit much at times I admit.
In her mind she's being protective of him, but if you look at it from another point of view she's the sibling that keeps following him and showing him up on everything they do because she's a genius and easily does it all better than him. Just how frustrating most it be? "Whatever I do, she'll always be better and protect me rather than let me do things myself."
For a guy who's hellbent on revenge, this is pretty bad.

Besides, he has shown to care for her...in his own way. Why would he warn her about her hair if he didn't care? Why would he want her to join the military police if he didn't worry for her safety?

I'm not saying that everything Eren does is justified...just that people seem to have a tendency to take her side blindly. And he's a god damned teenager, he acts more realistically than half the shounen protags out there >_>
Old 2013-05-01, 15:18   Link #176
Destined_Fate

It isn't like that, he has so far treated her as a nag and has been rude in tone with her so outsiders can easily misinterpret what he really is saying(At least Mikasa understands). He also called her a traitor in the earlier episodes even though his parents had every right to know what he wanted since it WAS a big thing. Hell, his father was cool about it.

Make no mistake, I understand why Eren treats her like a nagging sibling - it's because he sees her as a sibling. Mikasa though doesn't ever call him brother and didn't even call Eren's parents her own. She clearly distanced herself from that but still considers him "family" but she also considers their friend(Forget his name, hah) as family as well. So the Family thing has different meanings between them in that Eren sees her as a real family while Mikasa sees him as a kinship of sorts and not as a real family.

At least it allows a set up of Eren to later come around and love her like she does him.
Old 2013-05-01, 15:27   Link #177
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It isn't like that, he has so far treated her as a nag and has been rude in tone with her so outsiders can easily misinterpret what he really is saying(At least Mikasa understands). He also called her a traitor in the earlier episodes even though his parents had every right to know what he wanted since it WAS a big thing. Hell, his father was cool about it.

Make no mistake, I understand why Eren treats her like a nagging sibling - it's because he sees her as a sibling. Mikasa though doesn't ever call him brother and didn't even call Eren's parents her own. She clearly distanced herself from that but still considers him "family" but she also considers their friend(Forget his name, hah) as family as well. So the Family thing has different meanings between them in that Eren sees her as a real family while Mikasa sees him as a kinship of sorts and not as a real family.

At least it allows a set up of Eren to later come around and love her like she does him.
Or he sees her like a sister till the end...because romance isn't needed just because she potentially has a crush on him.

Man, like you've never called a friend or something "Traitor" when they did something against you. That line meant nothing.
Old 2013-05-01, 15:48   Link #178
chaos_alfa

Quote:
It is understandable that Eren called Mikasa a traitor. He told Mikasa his plans in good faith that she wouldn't share it with his parents. She broke his trust and that hurts, which is why he lashed out to her.

It is true that his parents had right to know his plans, but when you are 9 years old you don't often see it that way.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-05-01 at 17:06.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 17:02   Link #179
Destined_Fate

Maybe he will always see her as that but it's just as, or more, likely he will change his view on her when everything is over.

I understand why he said it(As he's just a kid) but it's still hurtful that he called her that as she only said it because she wanted to protect him. At that point he literally was just a kid and he had no idea what he was really trying to sign up for. Hell, he can't even stand up in a fight against Mikasa so there's no way he can fight a Titan.

Eren almost gets them killed too since Mikasa only stayed for the hopeless cause of saving his mother because she would not leave Eren.
Old 2013-05-01, 17:17   Link #180
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Maybe he will always see her as that but it's just as, or more, likely he will change his view on her when everything is over.

I understand why he said it(As he's just a kid) but it's still hurtful that he called her that as she only said it because she wanted to protect him. At that point he literally was just a kid and he had no idea what he was really trying to sign up for. Hell, he can't even stand up in a fight against Mikasa so there's no way he can fight a Titan.
Like Chaos said, she hurt him as well by betraying his trust (even if it was for his own good, he's a kid and didn't see it as such).

Quote:
Eren almost gets them killed too since Mikasa only stayed for the hopeless cause of saving his mother because she would not leave Eren.
This is very incorrect, even when Eren's mom turned to Mikasa telling her to take Eren away Mikasa simply responded with "No". At no point did she try to take Eren away, nor did he tell Mikasa that he wouldn't leave, she even visibly struggled when Haines picked them up.