AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 05:41   Link #21
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I would find it funny if he would end up being an Angel.
That would be quite a development, but I think he would quickly become a Fallen Angel after he wins

Spoiler for Angel:
heart and adds her to his harem.

Anyway I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by Issei's pervert nature.

Last edited by b10nutz; 2013-07-29 at 15:10.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 14:36   Link #22
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKnight View Post
Issei Pros: Hardworking, Loyal, Friendly, Earnest, Honest
Cons: HUGE PERVERT, Plain Face, weak looking(in the begin)
You got those things a little mixed up :P

Issei Pros: HUGE PERVERT, Hardworking, Loyal, Friendly, Earnest, Honest
Cons: Plain Face, weak looking (in the beginning), he could really use a brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Issei is one of those characters you always have to worry about turning into a rapist.
No, actually the very opposite is the case! Issei is one of those who are *least* likely to become a rapist, because he openly lives his sexuality and soesn't suppress it.
Those *most* likely to become rapists are the prude, puritan fanatics who devilise sexuality and suppress anything. One day then, all this repression becomes too much for them, something breaks in their heads, and all the suppressed feelings come surging out, making them run out and rape the next-best woman.
Old 2013-08-04, 07:58   Link #23
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
No, actually the very opposite is the case! Issei is one of those who are *least* likely to become a rapist, because he openly lives his sexuality and soesn't suppress it.
Those *most* likely to become rapists are the prude, puritan fanatics who devilise sexuality and suppress anything. One day then, all this repression becomes too much for them, something breaks in their heads, and all the suppressed feelings come surging out, making them run out and rape the next-best woman.
He's not the type to become a rapist because rapists force themselves on others if he initiates the girls wouldn't complain the real question is when will the girls rape issei because he wont do it himself.

@backbone
Let me give u a little perspective it may not be 90% fanservice but if u've watched the first season and paid attention to the 2nd. there are a few things that you notice quickly.
1. The eyecatches are all heavy erotic poses or erotic photos themselves.
2. The clothes have the ikkitousen disorder (meaning that a single punch rips off enough for either a panty shot or an exposed boob or both)
3. The W in DxD New is shaped like boobs and that was on purpose.

As for the voice actor get over it it is who it is so just relax. Luckily for you the next few episodes will be exactly what you want
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 08:16   Link #24
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
He's not the type to become a rapist because rapists force themselves on others if he initiates the girls wouldn't complain the real question is when will the girls rape issei because he wont do it himself.
I have to agree, although Issei is a total pervert (too much for my taste at least) I also think he will never cross that line without the girl permission, not to forget that he had a lot of chances with Rias and did not dare to do anything. I think it is more likely for one of the girls to snap and force themselves on him then the other way around.

In the end I don't think the author will ever add something like that.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 08:37   Link #25
ImperialFlameGod8190

It gets interesting for our boy lets leave it at that.
Old 2013-08-09, 11:25   Link #26
DJ_Applejack
Space Pony

I find it hilarious that he dies right after he gets a girlfriend in the beginning. Its sad but really funny at the same time.
DJ_Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:35   Link #27
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Applejack View Post
I find it hilarious that he dies right after he gets a girlfriend in the beginning. Its sad but really funny at the same time.
That's life, if you live as a weak human.
However, as a Devil with the Boosted Gear, things are more... boosto!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 03:30   Link #28
Znail

He isn't that much more perverted then the average teenage boy really, it's just that he is honestly outspoken about it, rather then just thinking about it.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:48   Link #29
Regretsama
A Crazy Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10nutz View Post
I have to agree, although Issei is a total pervert (too much for my taste at least) I also think he will never cross that line without the girl permission, not to forget that he had a lot of chances with Rias and did not dare to do anything. I think it is more likely for one of the girls to snap and force themselves on him then the other way around.

In the end I don't think the author will ever add something like that.
Yes exactly. He may be an extreme pervert but he never did cross the line because of his fear, the fear of women.

But at least he is so honest of being so perverted. I mean he is soo open-minded in talking about perverted stuff
Regretsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 05:07   Link #30
ImperialFlameGod8190

I don't know if you guys agree but issei is the perfect harem character. He's not spineless like Rito or completely dense like ichika. But he's not too perverted like akatsuki from hagure yuusha.
The fact is and most of you guys wont admit this sadly but akatsuki's actions are probably what most of you guys would take if you were in the situations of the harem leads.
issei is the type who loves women and knows he's loves women but the plot device is used to prevent this from being an h-manga granted it pushes that border all the time. He; really the perfect harem MC and im glad we finally got one
Old 2013-08-10, 05:27   Link #31
Regretsama
A Crazy Fangirl

Issei the perfect harem king...? Yeah I do agree...
Regretsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 14:40   Link #32
Tchadnis

Quote:
I don't know if you guys agree but issei is the perfect harem character. He's not spineless like Rito or completely dense like ichika. But he's not too perverted like akatsuki from hagure yuusha.
The fact is and most of you guys wont admit this sadly but akatsuki's actions are probably what most of you guys would take if you were in the situations of the harem leads.
issei is the type who loves women and knows he's loves women but the plot device is used to prevent this from being an h-manga granted it pushes that border all the time. He; really the perfect harem MC and im glad we finally got one

all you said above i will agree but Issei has a big flaw he didn't have before but he do have it now is ..... all this countless nosebleed he is getting , it getting odd i swear , he might die soon from blood lost ... i know it pretty cliche and stuff but damm ....
Old 2013-08-12, 21:11   Link #33
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Well I gotta agree Issei is one of the most enjoyable harem leads in a while. He's just so outspoken about his pervyness it's kind of refreshing. He does get more substance later on. He wont touch any girl w/out permission and actually has really impressive self control. Case in point for the novel readers out there: the scene w/ Akeno in her story arc. Yep Issei is actually a pretty decent guy. He also proves he isn't completely w/out brains since he's a decent tactician, works really hard and gets great results and the respect of the people around him, is great w/ kids (and I'm not referring to him being a lolicon), never abandons someone in need and can be an absolute bad a** when provoked.
Old 2013-08-12, 23:26   Link #34
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Only one thing to say with Issei

Old 2013-08-14, 21:34   Link #35
Ghost4321

Quote:
3. The W in DxD New is shaped like boobs and that was on purpose.
holy crap your right O.,.O
Old 2013-08-16, 06:19   Link #36
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost4321 View Post
holy crap your right O.,.O
yea most people noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
all you said above i will agree but Issei has a big flaw he didn't have before but he do have it now is ..... all this countless nosebleed he is getting , it getting odd i swear , he might die soon from blood lost ... i know it pretty cliche and stuff but damm ....
Tchadnis 2 things. 1 he's already dead. 2. Harem leads have an infinite supply of blood to ensure protection from nosebleeds
Old 2013-09-14, 16:44   Link #37
bludvein

Its a shame that the anime has only covered the early volumes so far, otherwise people wouldn't be complaining about Ise's personality so much. Ya, he keeps his pervertedness but around volume 5+
Spoiler for minor spoiler about personality:
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 05:01   Link #38
Ultragunner

yeah, remeber the guy in vol 6?

Spoiler for vol 6:

Up to vol 10, the only thing that I didn't like about Ise was that he was always mumbling "She (Rias, Akeno, Asia,...) will get a boyfriend, it made me so sad..." when he had already done plenty things with them (kissing, mutual nakedness ). But yeah, we couldn't blame him for that because of a "certain trauma", and the girls were at fault as well, Rias and Akeno treated him like a pet and a cute junior to mess with (though that wasn't their intention), Asia was like a sister...etc...

Oh well, there is no need to talk about these anymore

Just one thing I still want to complain about him

Spoiler for .....:
Old 2013-09-21, 05:12   Link #39
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
yeah, remeber the guy in vol 6?

Spoiler for vol 6:

Up to vol 10, the only thing that I didn't like about Ise was that he was always mumbling "She (Rias, Akeno, Asia,...) will get a boyfriend, it made me so sad..." when he had already done plenty things with them (kissing, mutual nakedness ). But yeah, we couldn't blame him for that because of a "certain trauma", and the girls were at fault as well, Rias and Akeno treated him like a pet and a cute junior to mess with (though that wasn't their intention), Asia was like a sister...etc...

Oh well, there is no need to talk about these anymore

Just one thing I still want to complain about him

Spoiler for .....:
^ Diodora Astaroth if I guess correctly :3

Well uhm that why I like issei he is pervert but honest and loyal to his friends and harem members :3 I really like him :3
Old 2013-09-21, 11:07   Link #40
X102reddragon

The girls didn't think he though of it that way. Rias treating him like a pet and Akeno treating him like she did. To them they probably thought that all it was all telling Ise that they were in love with him. Ise didn't see it that though because of what happend with Raynear. Although he's the kind of person that needs to hear " I love you" to get it. I really wish Rias would have just said it out loud for him, but hey then there would have been no tension in the story.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters