Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 21:05   Link #19041
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
LOL some secret XD. The only reason its posted on that is so no one can trace who wrote it and they do it anonymously.

I can't tell you how much I laughed at this. You can feel the pain from the posts

Well lol Vlad, that is the purpose of this comm, for years now. LOL //it is always anon

But yeah, the secrets do not make sense moreover {i mean lol, you ruined my couple!!! wtf? //or Kallen fans trying to make Kallen seem "Mary Sue"? lol She is a terrorist and rebel, by default she cannot be like this} Oh well, the Kallen-hate-trend, is spreading on LJ too, i am glad, because that means pwnage, on every kind of section. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:08   Link #19042
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Yeah, I just saw some of the replies. They must really hate the pairing alot for no apparent reason. Kallen fought for her brother's dream then later for Lelouch(turn 19, poem) as well. Really one of the posters hated that Kallen needed an man(Lelouch) in her life. The very same person ships her with Gino lol.

Again, I never understood what makes people who like kalulu aggressive? Their just taking the show and using the post season materials to further their opinion.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:09   Link #19043
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Well lol Vlad, that is the purpose of this comm, for years now. LOL //it is always anon

But yeah, the secrets do not make sense moreover {i mean lol, you ruined my couple!!! wtf? //or Kallen fans trying to make Kallen seem "Mary Sue"? lol She is a terrorist and rebel, by default she cannot be like this} Oh well, the Kallen-hate-trend, is spreading on LJ too, i am glad, because that means pwnage, on every kind of section. 8D
Well you can argue the writers made Kallen Mary-Sure not us

Good looking? check

Ass kicking? check

Great personality? check

L.I? Well I wouldn't want to annoy anyone
Old 2009-05-12, 21:10   Link #19044
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Yeah, I just saw some of the replies. They must really hate the pairing alot for no apparent reason. Kallen fought for her brother's dream then later for Lelouch(turn 19, poem) as well. Really one of the posters hated that Kallen needed an man(Lelouch) in her life. The very same person ships her with Gino lol.

Again, I never understood what makes people who like kalulu aggressive?
Their just taking the show and using the post season materials to further their opinion.
Dictionary definition :: butthurt reaction
Lol, and butthurt fans, is so easy to pwn them, i mean, honest. 8D
Old 2009-05-12, 21:15   Link #19045
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I guess so. I mean, they must have didn't see turn 19. She was willing to forsake everything she fought during the entire series just to die with Lelouch(Add in the lover analogy for Kallen stated by Taniguchi or Okouchi). Its not the fans, the staff did that.

I'm kind of upset with the fandom on lj after reading some of those replies. No one should hate an pairing just because the fans are pleased with what they got seriously. Like myself. I don't hate any romantic pairing in any series unless there is no romantic instances between character A and B.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:16   Link #19046
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
wel...
we ARE agressive
very much so i would say
that we have GOOD REASON to support the ship does not mean that we are not being a bit too agressive about it i suppose

we are now responding with the same level of force we used to defend this pairing during the show's run
the problem is that since the show is over for quite a while now, its over kill
we are basiclly killing flies with a hammer
maybe we should lighten up on it

the problem is that discussing kallen almost always leads to discussing kalulu becouse they spent most of season 2 focusing on THAT aspect of her character
Old 2009-05-12, 21:26   Link #19047
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I guess so. I mean, they must have didn't see turn 19. She was willing to forsake everything she fought during the entire series just to die with Lelouch(Add in the lover analogy for Kallen stated by Taniguchi or Okouchi). Its not the fans, the staff did that.

I'm kind of upset with the fandom on lj after reading some of those replies. No one should hate an pairing just because the fans are pleased with what they got seriously. Like myself. I don't hate any romantic pairing in any series unless there is no romantic between character A and B.
It is not really about Kallen being defined by "Lelouch", as woah, girl-lovesick. She is being "defined" by her love for him, that embodies: The "him" that fights Britannia, the him that wants a better world, the him that shares a vision, she does share.

I am pretty sure, when Lelouch "confused" her and made it seem like he was a nice little bastardo {like my Italian friends say} she chose to go back on her own ideals and goals {even if she did suffer from looove //love hurts Kallen lol} to fight him back. Because, apart from loving someone, if that someone does shit in the world, and you got what it might take {GOD Guren} to stop him, that means being honorable.
Do the right thing, in spite of personal consequences and love obstacles. And that is the basis of all morality, Kennedy said so. 8D

p.s i did get, that this is what you said too Son, just to avoid any misunderstanding, i just had to make a post to insert the quote. lol
Old 2009-05-12, 21:27   Link #19048
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the problem is that discussing kallen almost always leads to discussing kalulu becouse they spent most of season 2 focusing on THAT aspect of her character
That really what it comes too. The staff developed Kallens character during the series toward Lelouch and even after the series with the post materials.

About being aggressive. I don't really care unless members are making an good argument. Its not like the staff ever came out and stated what Lelouch saw Kallen as since he was silent about the matter(Unlike with C.C). Of course, people will debate about that.

I'll admit I'm against Kallen with Gino because its one of the worst pairings in the show. Its completely crack beyond levels. and I never liked crack pairings in any show.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:32   Link #19049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but we are too agressive in hammering home that point
if someone so much as mentions the possibility that lelouch didnt view kallen as a LI he gets jumped on by at least 3 kalulu fans (24/7)
whetehr or not there are facts to support our ship, we use it too agressively
Old 2009-05-12, 21:34   Link #19050
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
if someone so much as mentions the possibility that lelouch didnt view kallen as a LI he gets jumped on by at least 3 kalulu fans (24/7)
Honestly, I don't even mind that. Now, if someone posts something about that Kallen didn't love Lelouch. Then I'll respond to that. Which is what I usually respond to.

For myself, at this point. I could care less. After her poem, When Kallen mentioned about what Lelouch answer would have been. I was pretty much convinced on the matter. I don't mind if someone sees otherwise though.

Any forum would get boring if everyone agreed and no debate happened. Seems natural to me honestly.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:36   Link #19051
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
but we are too agressive in hammering home that point y
Yeah that's all well and good. Then you see these little tidbits.

I mean, C.C. knew all about Lelouch, his secrets, his past, his inner demons, and his plans (stupid it was, though I have to admit it was quite noble, glad to know chivalry isn't dead). When Kallen found out that Lelouch and Zero were the same person, she cowered and ran away (so I don't really like her, plus, sometimes, she pisses me off) so I really don't like her to pair with him. And Shirley. Well... The reason that Lelouch kissed her was because to keep her from further tormenting him...."

"and as for Kallen, hmmmm, i really hated the part when she turned her back on lelouch so she's out of the question..

Lelouch is never nervous around C.C. nor Kallen...but when it comes to Shirley, this proud rebel just suddenly morphs into a besotted schoolboy...funny but sweet..."

This kind of stuff continues everywhere. I call Bravo Sierra on the aggressiveness.

Quote:
Oh cry me a river. That's the nature of the/a forum. We're people arguing. So we should all select one person to talk for the group every time someone says something. Or should we all speak what's on our mind?
Old 2009-05-12, 21:39   Link #19052
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I'd say KaLulu shippers might be labelled as aggressive due to the obsession of proving its canoninity. Which a lot of shippers do, in general, but the fact that Code Geass is over and people are still finding things to support it and obsessing over it... I don't know. It could be viewed as overly aggressive. And yes, I know that there are after-season materials and that there is a pretty good, solid base for it being canon. It's just the oddly defensive/triumphant way the KaLulu base reacts to anything being said about their ship that kind of... :/

Also, I don't know how liking Kallen/Gino means someone follows the "a strong woman needs a man" idea. Really, liking a pairing doesn't mean anything about anyone's standing on feminism. :/
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:42   Link #19053
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Well stop using your dvd-Kalulu-is-canon card, and sit back. Because, most of the times, people that say this, are report-capes, that hide under the smiley-emoticon, and wait for us, to post and reply and prove that Kallen is not an elephant.
Excuse me, but interwebzz are underrated, the whole "my opinion is how i saw it, therefore is equally valid as you" does not pass anymore. Because dammit, no, it is not as valid, when you ignore facts and toss everything in the "perspective"-area. Honest.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:45   Link #19054
yvj
U Mad?

P.S

Whoever finds this find this quote sexist >>"A woman can be anything the man who loves her would have her be."

Not only do I sincerely question your notion of the term sexist but also your opinion on any degree of love and romance.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:46   Link #19055
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:

Well stop using your dvd-Kalulu-is-canon card, and sit back. Because, most of the times, people that say this, are report-capes, that hide under the smiley-emoticon, and wait for us, to post and reply and prove that Kallen is not an elephant.Excuse me, but interwebzz are underrated, the whole "my opinion is how i saw it, therefore is equally valid as you" does not pass anymore. Because dammit, no, it is not as valid, when you ignore facts and toss everything in the "perspective"-area. Honest.
it might be the fact that its almost six AM in my area
but i dont think i understand one single thing of what you just posted
and thats usually a good sign that i should be asleep by now
goodnight everybody
Old 2009-05-12, 21:46   Link #19056
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:

Well stop using your dvd-Kalulu-is-canon card, and sit back. Because, most of the times, people that say this, are report-capes, that hide under the smiley-emoticon, and wait for us, to post and reply and prove that Kallen is not an elephant.
Excuse me, but interwebzz are underrated, the whole "my opinion is how i saw it, therefore is equally valid as you" does not pass anymore. Because dammit, no, it is not as valid, when you ignore facts and toss everything in the "perspective"-area. Honest.
I think this may be a very good example of why some people find KaLulu-ers agressive...

*sigh*

I mean, yes, the ship may well be canon, but when you get right down to it, so what? So what if someone doesn't see the canoninity? What does it matter? So what if they like another ship and see it as canon? Who cares if there's tons of material to back up your ship and not a lot for theirs? It's just a show. You don't have to bite people's heads off over it. The world will not end if someone does not believe KaLulu is canon.

:/
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:51   Link #19057
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Also, I don't know how liking Kallen/Gino means someone follows the "a strong woman needs a man" idea. Really, liking a pairing doesn't mean anything about anyone's standing on feminism. :/
For myself, Kallen loved Lelouch and no one else at the end of the show. I didn't really understand to need to see the crack pairing of Kagino as an possibililty. Then again, I don't ship crack pairings at all. Kallen never showed interest in any man except Lelouch during show. Kallen is an strong woman that never showed romantic interest in Gino at all or any one else(Turn 21 about not being able to move on from Lelouch showed it). She knew she didn't need another man if Lelouch died and she didn't know his feelings. Her loyalty is breath-taking.

Future speculation about romantic pairings that wasn't supported in the show seems pointless to me. Then again, I know people have fun that way. I just think its.....I'll just leave it at that.

Doesn't really matter to me if Kallen loves again or not. Series ended with Kallen in love with Lelouch still and no one else. So that's enough for me until shown otherwise.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:57   Link #19058
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
I think this may be a very good example of why some people find KaLulu-ers agressive...

*sigh*

I mean, yes, the ship may well be canon, but when you get right down to it, so what? So what if someone doesn't see the canoninity? What does it matter? So what if they like another ship and see it as canon? Who cares if there's tons of material to back up your ship and not a lot for theirs? It's just a show. You don't have to bite people's heads off over it. The world will not end if someone does not believe KaLulu is canon.

:/
You totally miss my post, and it was not only about Kalulu, and trust me, you have not sticked long enough, to know, some nice things that happened in the past, including questioning translators, words that the staff said, facts from episode 25 {oh wait, that trend happened the other day} and so on.

I do not mind preference, i do not mind reasonable arguments that go against my opinion, but hell, i would be a liar if i say, that i do not mind, seeing completely useless posts, being based on one's vision that has barely to do, with show's facts. And i am talking about real events, not how one, can perceive Kallen's poem. And if that makes me aggressive, then so be it. {though, i still think the dictionary definition differs}
I mean, honest.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:00   Link #19059
yvj
U Mad?

Moar example of Kalulu aggressiveness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFTU5tQoe4

Lulz

We're so mean <3
Old 2009-05-12, 22:03   Link #19060
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I remember when the episodes were airing. Mentioning Kalulu was something that most of the members here didn't like. Mention Lelouch with C.C/Shirley its all good. I remember getting bashed because I liked Kalulu and an few CluClu fans told me its doesn't make sense and its completely over. That I better start liking Kagino. Heck, back in those days they were very aggresive. I've never said anything like that to anyone before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Moar example of Kalulu aggressiveness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFTU5tQoe4

Lulz

We're so mean <3
How can someone hate an character that much in an show? That's kind of depressing, its just an character. Person needs to grow up seriously.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-05-13 at 02:38.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote