AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-26, 19:59   Link #41
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Arika's (unconfirmed she is an actual relative) grandmother is just as likely to make up a birthday as Sergei for Nina or the theif for Mashiro,
And she just happened to pick the exactly same birthday, as Mashiro and Nina, for Arika?
Old 2005-12-26, 20:33   Link #42
Kigo

Rena lost her powers as Rad said in episode 1, why else would their attack be so successful on Windbloom's castle. Only way an Otome can lose her powers is if she had sex. Arika would indeed be her child. With Arika being Rena's daughter and Mashiro being a replacement all that leaves is Nina. This is from the information given so far. The flashback of Nina seeing Rena might be Rena placing Nina out of harm's way. She might've done that before saving Arika.

Where did this Rena being a princess stuff come from?

Edit:

Nevermind, you don't have a solid source. That's a pretty big assumption with so little information. Not out of the relm of possiblity. Mai was a princess and a Otome, why not Rena? But without solid proof still an assumption.
Old 2005-12-26, 20:44   Link #43
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigo

Edit:

Nevermind, you don't have a solid source. That's a pretty big assumption with so little information. Not out of the relm of possiblity. Mai was a princess and a Otome, why not Rena? But without solid proof still an assumption.
Excuse me, but it's not an assumption, it's a theory, which is what this whole thread is about. If you want to get technical, we can't say diddly about who's the real princess because of a simple lack of evidence. All we can give are compiled theories based off what we do know.

For that matter, it hasn't been confirmed that Arika is Rena's daughter, we just assume it to be so based on all of the circumstantial evidence and her interactions with Sergey. For me, that's enough to say "Arika is Rena's daughter" for others it may not be so. Just like the precendent of sending noble girls to the academy is enough for me to speculate on the possibilty of Rena being nobility. If she was royalty, she'd have to be royalty from Windbloom because she is serving Windbloom royalty. It's established fact that you serve the country you are from. Whereas the rest of what I've said is merely speculation, but not assumption.

- Kira
Old 2005-12-26, 21:16   Link #44
Kigo

Sorry if it sounded rude.

Quote:
It's been said that Rena is not only the Otome of the King, but also his daughter, apparently forced into this mantle,
That's an assumption more than theory or otherwise. The word assumption sounds harsh but I didn't mean for it in a harsh accusing manner. It's as though the show itself said that Rena is the king's daughter. Unless I'm mistaken it has not. I did say it's possible, I did not dismiss it completely and it does sound likely.

You're right there is too little information on who it is. Just because Rena lost her powers doesn't mean she had a child right? But with Arika calling her mother over and over and Wong saying that he knew her mother. With so little information given so far it is safe to say that she is her mother. There is a great likness between Arika and Rena. Even between Rena and Nina at times.
Old 2005-12-26, 21:20   Link #45
KiraDouji

"It's been said" was referring to someone else in the thread having the same theory. If I meant it as a reference I would have stated it as such.

- Kira
Old 2005-12-26, 21:31   Link #46
Kigo

That was in the beginning post xD. I do stand correct :X
Old 2005-12-26, 21:41   Link #47
KiraDouji

_-_ Well, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying that that's probably what they meant.

If you weren't talking to me, then, I apologise for being snippity. I just hate it if I see something I say or write taken out of context. In the future, could you quote the person you're directing the comment at? If you use the quote button you get their name too... 's helpful so that self-righteous people like me don't think you were talking to us ^^;

- Kira
Old 2005-12-26, 21:52   Link #48
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigo
Rena lost her powers as Rad said in episode 1, why else would their attack be so successful on Windbloom's castle. Only way an Otome can lose her powers is if she had sex. Arika would indeed be her child. With Arika being Rena's daughter and Mashiro being a replacement all that leaves is Nina. This is from the information given so far. The flashback of Nina seeing Rena might be Rena placing Nina out of harm's way. She might've done that before saving Arika.

Edit:

Alright so I made a bit of a assumption, that's what you do when you make a theory about something, scientific method baby!

Granted there isn't anything in the show at this point that would disprove my theory, in fact I found another piece of evidence that would point to Rena possibly being a princess:

Episode 2, Sergay has a flashback to when he was young, and watched Rena sing a the lullaby to 'Baby X', it's pretty obvious at this point that Rena was no longer an otome, not wearing the meister otome dress and having the meister gems stored in the necklace. If she wasn't an otome anymore why was she still at the castle? Having a powerless otome around isn't going to help the King any. It's very possible that the reason Rena was still there was more blood related then otome related

If you think I'm full of it, prove me wrong, otherwise don't whine about it
Old 2005-12-26, 21:56   Link #49
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I think....

Spoiler:

Well, that's only IMO anyway
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2005-12-26, 22:44   Link #50
floatingbrain

I dont think Nina can be the real princess. I mean, they know the queen's birthday is on sept. 7th. the odds of Nina's real birthday being on sept 7th is 1/365. we do know that once in her lifetime she did know Rena from that flashback scene.
Old 2005-12-26, 22:54   Link #51
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
If it was Rena, why does she only save one girl? If no one had two kids, then is one of these three really a nobody, or are their parents also important? It seems all three are important.

- Kira
Since the raid was well under way at the point where the anime started, Rena may very well have already sent one or two other girls to safety before taking her own daughter to her escape route. Probably, near the end, they will have a flashback showing all that happened. I think that all three were important and all three were sent to safety when the attack took place.
Old 2005-12-26, 23:02   Link #52
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Since the raid was well under way at the point where the anime started, Rena may very well have already sent one or two other girls to safety before taking her own daughter to her escape route.

That's a good point and entirely possible. Another point could be that because she's no longer an otome, perhaps someone else was in charge of the safety of the true princess (whomever that is) and she was only in charge of her own daughter (whomever that is).

- Kira
Old 2005-12-27, 06:40   Link #53
Befgrek

Thing is, if all three of them have ties to the castle, and perhaps even are siblings, then why did we only se ONE baby in Sergay's flashback? We saw Rena and the former Queen... but only one baby. Of course, they may be at other places in the castle, but usually when you have kids, you tend to have them together most of the time. Ah, well, this doesn't prove anything of course. Maybe we are simply not meant to know their ties fully just yet, and hence, only one child was shown. It might even be Sergay's fault, for remembering the scene wrong. After all, the focus was not on the baby, but on Rena's boo- I mean, the necklace.
Old 2005-12-27, 09:40   Link #54
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
And she just happened to pick the exactly same birthday, as Mashiro and Nina, for Arika?
Ha, it's a story mate. If it's part of the plot, you can't really query it. And we are dealing with a 'Mai-' series, if its one place we are going to face crazy coincidences, it is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingbrain
I dont think Nina can be the real princess. I mean, they know the queen's birthday is on sept. 7th. the odds of Nina's real birthday being on sept 7th is 1/365. we do know that once in her lifetime she did know Rena from that flashback scene.
Like I said, whether Arika's birthday or Mashiro's is actually on September 7th is also up in the air. Since this is a story, and for story purposes it would make sense to actually have all their birthdays on the same day, I'm going to assume, until we get further evidence, that all their birthdays are September 7th. I don't see that Nina being the real princess is any less likely that Arika or Mashiro. Past that, I can't make a decision on which, if it IS just one of them, is the real princess. I think, either way, Mashiro will remain the acting queen.
Old 2005-12-27, 12:16   Link #55
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuru
i voted Arika

i think that the former queen, witch does look a lot like Arika gave birth to her,
Nina's mother was the queen's and king's otome but gave birth to a child, from who i dont know, this child is as for my believe Nina

the baby in the basket could be Arika, or Nina.. i am not sure about that part now..

but maybe Arika as a baby was found by someone, who recognized her from the neclace, she became the foster 'grandmother' where she grew up, this person must have known the queen for some time now

Mashiro-chan is actually no queen, but was made queen by some stupid people who wantd fame and fortune..
so Mashiro's birthday could infact be fake as well, if they want her to be queen she has to have the same birthday as well!

but if Mashiro-chan would find out about this i am sure Arika would let her remain queen and keep this a secret, Arika's dream is to be Otome not queen, and Mashiro can be a great queen later on..

Nina as a baby got lost through everything that happened in the night Windbloom burned and grew up in the streets where sergey found her on that same day as Arika's and Mashiro's birthdays, witch is also the same birthday as Nina's mother

they also said that Nina's real birthday was unknow, Sergey picked that day because it was the day that he first met Nina, Nina thought it was because it was of 'that woman's' birthday, by that she meant the picture in Sergey's book of the queen's Otome

also doesnt that person in the flashback look a bit like Shizuru o.o

*puts on anti-comment shield*

this is not a real proofed gues, just what i think..
Old 2005-12-28, 11:47   Link #56
asthalanthil

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
birthday, by that she meant the picture in Sergey's book of the queen's Otome

also doesnt that person in the flashback look a bit like Shizuru o.o
You know what... This might sound a little far-fetched but remember in the beginning, when Arika first sees a TV and sees Shizuru for the first time?

She asks, "Oh, is that the princess?"

Not saying that Shizuru is 'the' princess but she could be a sister or something to that princess or is a princess herself.

Okok. It's 1247am and I'm talking nonsense Please forgive me.
Old 2005-12-28, 13:10   Link #57
NaNash|

But I'm concern about one comment.

Wat does Rado when he said "So this is all the elegant Blue Jewel of Heaven can do after she loses the power of an Otome?" The loss of power is because Rena give birth to a child or is it because of the Sapphire of Heaven is with the baby that she puts in the "basket"(could I say it's a basket?)?
Old 2005-12-28, 13:18   Link #58
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNash|
But I'm concern about one comment.

Wat does Rado when he said "So this is all the elegant Blue Jewel of Heaven can do after she loses the power of an Otome?" The loss of power is because Rena give birth to a child or is it because of the Sapphire of Heaven is with the baby that she puts in the "basket"(could I say it's a basket?)?
Because she gave birth to a child.

Evidence:

A. Sergy's flashback said the attack on the castle came when the King's otome retire - Thats obviously a reference to Rena.

B. How would Rado know Rena doesn't have the gem anymore?
Old 2005-12-28, 14:59   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He has cyber-enhanced visual aids inside his helmet. ^^

Naw, more likely it was one of those 'hush-hush' rumors that got out to the wrong people (Schwartz), thus the attack happened at a very critical time for Windbloom. Since the Otome wasn't active at the time, and because of the stupid treaty, no help came from Gaurderobe and a Princess who's the heir to an immense power was lost.
For some reason, the Meister Otome jewels and the Sapphire of Heaven are very compatible. I myself have questions moreso about that than anything else...^^
Old 2005-12-28, 15:17   Link #60
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
He has cyber-enhanced visual aids inside his helmet. ^^

Naw, more likely it was one of those 'hush-hush' rumors that got out to the wrong people (Schwartz), thus the attack happened at a very critical time for Windbloom. Since the Otome wasn't active at the time, and because of the stupid treaty, no help came from Gaurderobe and a Princess who's the heir to an immense power was lost.
For some reason, the Meister Otome jewels and the Sapphire of Heaven are very compatible. I myself have questions moreso about that than anything else...^^
Isn't Rad an Aswald guy?
Closed Thread