AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-10, 17:21   Link #5261
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think what she was surprised by was that Tai told her about Raven's semblance.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-10, 21:12   Link #5262
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I think Raven is telling the truth about Ozpin, at least as far as she perceives it, and probably genuinely does think that him getting his hands on Spring would be a bad thing. That said, Qrow almost certainly also knows what Raven knows, and he clearly does trust Ozpin.
Raven is probably aware of the whole war between Ozpin and Salem and wants no part of any of it just like Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Yeah, that's the part that I was so shock/aggravated about. I mean, what made her so sure that Yang was going to go there just for her (or at least, the things that Raven thought Yang was going to be there for). Had Raven ever stopped to think of the slight possibility that something might happen (both good and bad) before Yang reached her that'll change Yang's goal (and anyone who watched Volume 3 and 4, there was a lot of things to consider)? She was so shocked that Yang came for/to find Ruby (which honestly shouldn't had surprised her).
To be fair, Yang wanting to see her for the sake of seeing her is the most rational reason for her to be there.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-10, 23:04   Link #5263
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Yeah, that's the part that I was so shock/aggravated about. I mean, what made her so sure that Yang was going to go there just for her (or at least, the things that Raven thought Yang was going to be there for). Had Raven ever stopped to think of the slight possibility that something might happen (both good and bad) before Yang reached her that'll change Yang's goal (and anyone who watched Volume 3 and 4, there was a lot of things to consider)? She was so shocked that Yang came for/to find Ruby (which honestly shouldn't had surprised her).
I mean, it's a fair point that it probably should have occurred to Raven that Yang might never seek her out, or something bad might happen to her, or that she might just prioritise Ruby.

At the same time, I think Raven sees Yang as being very similar to her, and everything we've seen of Raven suggests that if Raven was in Yang's position, she'd build up her strength and make a beeline straight for answers: Raven's clearly driven, powerful, very firm in her ideals, but she's unattached enough to people that she probably would prioritise answers over helping family.

Or Raven might assume that Yang might otherwise take after Taiyang, and so not really come after her at all. Different results, but either way, it's in Yang's hands.

I don't think it ever occurred to her that Yang actually takes after Qrow more than either of her parents. Because Qrow would absolutely go marching into a bandit camp just to have a surefire way of getting to his family. Yang's inherited her uncle's particular mix of determination, devil-may-care attitude, and devotion.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 11:26   Link #5264
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 5:

This is exactly what I've been waiting for in regards to Blake and Ruby: we finally get to hear how they actually FEEL.

Ruby finally opens up and tells Oscar about how she's been struggling with Penny and Pyrrha's death, how she's felt so much guilt at the senselessness of it all and how things all went to shit after Beacon fell. In the end she could only do one thing to honor their memories: Being Combat Ready and to Keep Moving Forward.

Blake in turn expresses how she typically likes to describe people with a single adjective and thus succinctly uses one for Adam: Spite. She knew what Adam had become and fears for Ilya slowly becoming like him. It's clear there was a point where he had finally crossed the line which made her want to run. Ilya's about to cross that line herself, and she wants to stop her from doing so.

And in the end, well, Ilya's ordered to distract Blake long enough for the White Fang's plan to be successful: the assassination of the Belladonna Family.

Things look really Grimm next episode. Seriously though "Combat Ready" right in the feels.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 12:09   Link #5265
bakato

It's the moment of truth for Ilya. Will she be accomplice to the assassination of Blake's parents and hurt her friend the same way she was hurt? I think this will be an opportunity for Blake to grow. Like her father, she doesn't seem to really understand the pain of her fellow faunus who lost their loved ones to humans and their hatred. Also, interesting to see that the brothers aren't single-mindedly devoted to Adam. They see him as necessary for the faunus to obtain freedom.
Old 2017-11-11, 14:03   Link #5266
darkofficer
just a devil

hmm the burden that adam carries is it maybe rejeaction ??

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 15:32   Link #5267
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Ruby being bad at hand to hand is surprising. She doesn't even know the basic skillset. What is Taiyang even doing? Why didn't he teach her how to throw a punch?

These tease of Jaune's semblance is annoying. Five Volumes in and we still have no clue as to what it is. It better be a worth it when RT finally reveals it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Well, we don't know that Raven is necessarily not getting involved because she fears Salem.

She says that Ozpin's not who Yang thinks he is, and that Qrow shouldn't trust him, so it seems that it's actually more like she knows about either an agenda Ozpin has that he's not mentioning to the girls, or crimes he's committed in the past -- either way, she's not confident that he actually has people's best interests at heart, and possibly not even confident that he's the lesser of two evils.

I'd guess that Spring agrees with her. Maybe even Lionheart as well.
Anyone else thinks the reason Raven is aggravated with Ozpin is because he got her friend Summer Rose killed with his schemes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
lol... I must say I really love when Yang fight.. everything is smooth unlike "shooting magic" style from Weiss or super fast move from Ruby
I felt the opposite. Her fight scene with those bandits look a bit stiff.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 16:04   Link #5268
tuckersister

It would be interesting if there were a malevolent force that pre-date the Grimm and the two brothers. I thought the Seven Sins of Remnant was a good idea. Before the brothers' existence there was war between the Seven Sins and the races that oppose them (elves, fairies, dragons, etc). The witches were the strongest of the races (they not human but bipedal beings) despite being only a handful. After a long fight, the Seven Sins were physically destroyed. However because of the war, the races lost a lot of lives and are scarce in numbers (the witches lost the least while the elves lost the most). With no home to go back to, the witches created a sanctuary for all of the remaining races to live (Remnant was completed wreaked) and that's the end of the story. Remnant then created two entities (the two brothers) to help restore the world. Before the Seven Sins died, they claim that they would return and claim Remnant once more. The Grimm are physically created from the SS's essence.

That's an awesome theory, right? (in opinion) I would like to see other races besides the Faunas. I would definitely like to see how well does the White Fang does against a dragon.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 04:28   Link #5269
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sounds like these "faunus brothers" only have temporary faith in Adam. I wonder what's up with that.

I really hope they don't kill off the Belladonnas. What's the point in making Blake suffer more than she already has?
Old 2017-11-12, 04:33   Link #5270
RDNexus

Maybe typical pointless western tragic drama? I tend to loathe those events, as they tend to be unneeded and kinda forced.

Well, I sure hope too that they manage to survive that ordeal. Blake's sanity is on the line this time, more than ever, I guess.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 12:15   Link #5271
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The Week Late Plus One Day Train rolls into Episode 4.

Finally, an episode with a lot of Yang! Have I mentioned how much I love her character design this season? Great to see her back in action, though she's obviously still a bit scarred by what happened at Beacon. That'll be a major plot point, probably, as she gets over it. I love the one bandit saying, "I'm dead," when Yang tells him Raven is her mom.

The Ruby/Oscar scene was good. I liked Ruby using her semblance to get behind Oscar and then make a funny face at him. But, yeah, she's garbage in close quarters. I'm wondering if they're setting things up for a fight where she can't use Crescent Rose. And Nora, "Got struck by lightning. Didn't die. So, crazy Thursday!" She is so good.

I don't recall Raven's character looking quite so wizened when we've seen her, mostly briefly, in the past. Maybe just my imagination or something different about the new animation, which, by the way, I'm getting more used to. It's looking better than it did earlier this season. I'm very interested to see where the conversation between Raven, Yang, and Weiss goes. I'm sort of surprised, though, that none of Yang's lines here were around the realm of, "You abandoned me and dad, so your only use to me is to find my sister."

And, yeah, I can see where the Yang/Weiss shipping got a booster rocket. But, as for the simpler explanation... they're just happy to see each other after so long.

Finally, I cannot wait to find out more about the Spring Maiden. So her power is lightning related? A bit surprised there; at least where I live lightning is associated much more with summer than spring.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 09:19   Link #5272
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Spoiler for Big Pic:
Old 2017-11-14, 09:24   Link #5273
RDNexus

Hey, that last one screams QUALITY artstyle to me
Old 2017-11-14, 09:27   Link #5274
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually I only just realized that she was indeed actually tiptoeing when going for that hug, despite her elevated shoes. Puts their heights into better perspective.
Old 2017-11-14, 09:33   Link #5275
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find this highly amusing.

Again, I'm not complaining about it. I just find it remarkable that so many people just jump on this moment as if it really affected them in some way.

I mean, while I wasn't quite expecting it, it felt like a very normal thing to do for someone who has, against their will, lived in isolation for months and finally sees the face of someone important to them.
Old 2017-11-14, 09:49   Link #5276
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

That was indeed a sweet moment but it is only a platonic hug from two friends who missed their friend's company.

What I'm anticipating is Yang and Blake's reunion. I hope Yang slaps Blake for leaving without any word. At least Weiss has the excuse of being forcefully taken by her father back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Actually I only just realized that she was indeed actually tiptoeing when going for that hug, despite her elevated shoes. Puts their heights into better perspective.
Weiss is tiny. But what she lacks in height she makes up for her legs coz hot damn.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 09:50   Link #5277
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Most people don't actually live their lives as prisoners in their own houses meeting one of their closest friends again after so many months in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country after surviving a traumatically violent experience so... you know... not exactly a very normal chain of events.
Old 2017-11-14, 10:19   Link #5278
RDNexus

The queerbaiting in this story has been going too strong for little to no reason. That's a reason for why I don't like shipping wars.
Never have I seen any kind of shipping going between characters, just entities bonding normally in a harsh environment, filled with tons of crapsack situations.
I've been enjoying the story for what it is and not for what a few want it to be, I don't even feel like the pacing is being dragged out, and that's good
Old 2017-11-14, 11:26   Link #5279
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

...Queerbaiting?? It's just a hug. >_> People can't even hug eachother anymore without someone calling it queerbaiting?
Old 2017-11-14, 11:31   Link #5280
RDNexus

Well, given the amount of fanart about it, I simply thought people were giving that moment more meaning than needed.
If not, good, let the story move on

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby