AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Naruto worthy of the Chuunin rank
Yes, atleast! 65 36.52%
Yes, but he (seriously) lacks knowlegde 63 35.39%
No, but i think it wont take too long till he becomes it 12 6.74%
No 13 7.30%
No, not at all. He should be glad to be a genin. 25 14.04%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-24, 10:41   Link #1
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Question Is Naruto worthy of the rank -----?

Is Naruto the rank Chuunin worthy?

Shikamaru became a genin after his preformance in the main matches.
He lost..didnt use genjutsu or taijutsu at all. He never even hit his opponent.
Shikamaru tactically outsmarted Temari. And he possesed "the most important attribute" for a chuunin. (Leadership)

Yet, became a chuunin.

We know the battles of Naruto during the Chuunin exam and main matches.

[Lets talk about Kiba's battle and compare it to Shikamaru's battle.]

IF you ask me that was a battle worthy to call Naruto...a chuunin (if you would compare that to Shikamaru)

1: He captured Akamaru very smart, and was able to bite Kiba (he caught Kiba totally offguard) Excellent timing and use of Kage bunshin+Henge No Jutsu

2: Used Henge to confuse Kiba & Akamaru by transforming into their forms. Right after he got hit..he changed into Akamaru.
Then not only he made Kiba attack Akamaru but Naruto was also able to hit Kiba and catch him again...offguard.

3: Then his finishing move which he saw from Sasuke...with a bit improvisation he made a very decent move.

Now if you ask me... IF Naruto fought like that in the main matches...he'd have a great chance of becoming a Chuunin. (Naruto's Leadership may be a flaw but i think the rest of his ability's are enough)

What do you guys think?
Old 2006-10-24, 11:09   Link #2
tatami
back in black

i think that naruto is an idiot =P

you got a point but it was not the finals so it doent affect who becomes chuunin.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 11:10   Link #3
Xelsol

Naruto fails as a leader, he's just not smart enough. His only qualities are his stamina and will to win; qualities for a fighter only. If Naruto was a Chuunin, he'd get his squad into countless fights that should have been avoided.
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 11:15   Link #4
Rurik
Golden

Johnny, The question lack a little bit of coherence and I was not understanding it.

The question should had read something like (if it is what you are asking) “Is Naruto worthy to be Ranked as a Chuning?” or “were the Selection of Chunin in the Chunin arc were Fair?” or did Naruto deserved to be Promoted to Chunin?"

Given the explanation of what Chunin is about, NO, At that time (or current) Naruto was not worthy of been a Chunin, sure Naruto came up with good tactics (even Fighting with Neeji), but that was not it, it was about Maturity, is about that Naruto fought for Himself, for the win, Shikamaru fought calculating as a plattoon leader.
Old 2006-10-24, 11:44   Link #5
vietpimp

No way, he is an idiot and can't lead.

I want another chuunin arc where he can use rasengan on konohamaru and his friends.
vietpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 11:48   Link #6
SuNK1LLeR
Not so Junior(ish) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietpimp View Post
I want another chuunin arc where he can use rasengan on konohamaru and his friends.
that makes it two of us!
SuNK1LLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 11:55   Link #7
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Johnny, The question lack a little bit of coherence and I was not understanding it.

The question should had read something like (if it is what you are asking) “Is Naruto worthy to be Ranked as a Chuning?” or “were the Selection of Chunin in the Chunin arc were Fair?” or did Naruto deserved to be Promoted to Chunin?"

Given the explanation of what Chunin is about, NO, At that time (or current) Naruto was not worthy of been a Chunin, sure Naruto came up with good tactics (even Fighting with Neeji), but that was not it, it was about Maturity, is about that Naruto fought for Himself, for the win, Shikamaru fought calculating as a plattoon leader.
Yes, sorry if i wasnt clear...but i ment the first: Is Naruto worthy to be Ranked as a Chuunin.

I myself voted Yes...and agree that his overall knowlegde is below that of an average Chuunin. If he would gain more knowlegde he'd be more carefull and would understand things easier.
Old 2006-10-24, 12:00   Link #8
tatami
back in black

you say he doesnt have the qualities but yet you want him promoted as a chuunin?
r u high or something.

this is what i hate in this forum. people love a character so much they dont care if he or she is dumb dead or something else.just because they love the character they make everything worthy for him/her.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:18   Link #9
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

I think definitely not. Shikamaru played with his opponent as if it were a game of chess. He considered possibilities, and found his best route to victory, as a leader should.

Everyone else however, specifically Naruto, just ran in and used brute force. They didn't plan ahead so much as improvise. They showed little or no leadership ability. Again, naruto more so than others. >.<
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:30   Link #10
MobiuS

Naruto = failure at life. He should have died instead of Haku.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:34   Link #11
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I'm still on the fence about this issue I definitely agree that pre-timeskip Naruto wasn't chuunin material, but..
Spoiler for the manga:

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2006-10-24 at 13:19. Reason: forgot, no manga tag.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:43   Link #12
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm still on the fence about this issue I definitely agree that pre-timeskip Naruto wasn't chuunin material, but..
Spoiler for the manga:
Is this after timeskip we are talking? If so he is probably chuunin material, i would hope.

I think Naruto has the potential to be a leader, as you pointed out in his experience (pre-timeskip). He has a problem clearing his head, and using it however. Instead he charges in head first. This is a problem maturity can solve though, so i would assume after timeskip he can become a chuunin.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-24 at 15:45.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:51   Link #13
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

I highly doubt there is a difference between Lee's attitude/brains and Narutos attitude/brains. Both always has something to prove, and yet Lee is a Chunnin, so why can't Naruto be? The way Lee fights I would suspect he is just as likely to be as headstrong as Naruto. So yes, Naruto should be a chunnin.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:10   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If we are talking about the post-time skip:
Spoiler for manga related:

If we talk about pre-time skip, the answer is "close, for me not yet, but in general it can go either way".
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:15   Link #15
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

C'mon if Ino and Chouji are chuunin worthy Naruto def. is.

I think he's smart enough (now) to lead some genin and watch out for their safety.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:24   Link #16
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Hard to say. I mean, he´s stronger than your average Chuunin by now and despite him not being the smartest guy alive he has shown the be good at improvising if the situation needs it. And if he´s indeed going to become Hokage it´s time for Naruto´s intelligence and leadership skills to start going higher too. But so far he has not shown anything that makes me say he´s fit to be a leader just yet. Leading people in battle than fighting alone.

I´m hoping that Naruto getting promoted too Chuunin will be a breakthrough for him. That with responsibility he will get his act together and become more like a real leader.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:24   Link #17
Rurik
Golden

Well the problem is that post time skip

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2006-10-24, 15:36   Link #18
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

What kind of question is this...since it'd be up to the Producers and kishi himself if Naruto would be seen worth as chuunin.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 16:58   Link #19
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
you say he doesnt have the qualities but yet you want him promoted as a chuunin?
r u high or something.

this is what i hate in this forum. people love a character so much they dont care if he or she is dumb dead or something else.just because they love the character they make everything worthy for him/her.
Why do you say that?

I only said that he probably fails in the area of leadership...but his overall combat skills are enough for me to consider him a Chuunin.

I think his knowlegde is also something what he lacks... but Combat Skills, his techniques: Rasengan, Summoning, Kage Bunshin, Henge and his timing of jutsu's, his strategy (Is sometimes briljant)

I think he does have the quality's but still needs some improvements...if he improves in those area's (overall knowlegde, leadership, using advanced strategy's all the time) i may consider him even close of becoming a jounin.

Spoiler for Manga after the timeskip:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
What kind of question is this...since it'd be up to the Producers and kishi himself if Naruto would be seen worth as chuunin.
This is a question and asking for other peoples opinion. I dont try to achieve anything...just like to hear some opinions...
Old 2006-10-24, 17:22   Link #20
Soultis Rayn
Triple Scythe

He's only perfect Chuunin material in determination and the fact that he has a big advantage with the Kyuubi, but other than that...he sucks.
Soultis Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote