AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-08-02, 00:24   Link #1
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 36
Sword Art Online Alicization Anime: News & Anticipation (NO SPOILERS)

This is a News and Anticipation thread for the SAO Alicization anime that will start airing in October 2018.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As the title says, absolutely no spoilers can be posted here. This includes speculation about how the anime will cover the light novels. If you want to speculate about the anime from a LN point of view, please use the Spoilers & Speculation thread.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 07:54   Link #2
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ntries/.135318
The official website for the Sword Art Online: Alicization anime announced that the anime will have a world premiere event in seven countries: Japan, the United States, Australia, France, Germany, Russia, and South Korea. The premiere will show the anime's first episode, which is a one-hour-long special.

The site only revealed the date of the Japanese premiere event, which will take place on September 15 at the Tokyo International Forum Hall C with cast members Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Haruka Tomatsu, and Ai Kayano as guests. The site did not reveal the dates and venues for the premiere events in other countries.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-songs/.135547
The official website for the Sword Art Online: Alicization anime revealed on Thursday that LiSA will perform the series' opening theme song "Adamas," and Eir Aoi will perform the ending theme song "Iris." The single CD for "Iris" will ship on October 24.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 03:03   Link #3
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 36
Quoting xrick's post here since it's anime-related news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
ANN: Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime Reveals 2nd Promo Video, October 6 TV Premiere

Four Cours confirmed, as expected So obvious, but still great news.
As long as the production values manage to remain as good as the PVs make it seem to be, of course...
I wonder if it's going to be split 2 and 2 in some way, but either way, at least they aren't trying to cram it all into less.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 18:56   Link #4
moodie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
so is it confirmed that tmrw sept 15 the first episode will air?
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 06:54   Link #5
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I just went to the premier of SAO Alicization during the Madman 2018 in Melbourne:
https://www.animefestival.com.au/con...elbourne-2018/

and oh boy

I won't post any spoiler here, but the 1st episode is indeed a 1-hour long special. I dunno if they polished the 1st ep on purpose for the premier or not, but the production quality is great, only slightly behind the movie (maybe?)

In addition as a bonus, we got to see Luna Haruna, and she even sang "Overfly" live just before the screen started rolling

The best thing IMO is the question she was asked "Who is your favourite character in SAO?"

and can you guess who that is...
Spoiler for Are you sure?:

The entire plenary burst into laughing, even without any input from the interpreter, because we all know the name, even in Japanese
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 08:03   Link #6
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I just went to the premier of SAO Alicization during the Madman 2018 in Melbourne:
https://www.animefestival.com.au/con...elbourne-2018/

and oh boy

I won't post any spoiler here, but the 1st episode is indeed a 1-hour long special. I dunno if they polished the 1st ep on purpose for the premier or not, but the production quality is great, only slightly behind the movie (maybe?)

In addition as a bonus, we got to see Luna Haruna, and she even sang "Overfly" live just before the screen started rolling

The best thing IMO is the question she was asked "Who is your favourite character in SAO?"

and can you guess who that is...
Spoiler for Are you sure?:

The entire plenary burst into laughing, even without any input from the interpreter, because we all know the name, even in Japanese
Spoiler for mrs. Haruna choice:
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 14:39   Link #7
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Klein is also the best because he was the first one in the harem. xD Anyway, he's also my personal favorite.
__________________
https://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic219436_5.gif
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 20:23   Link #8
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Premiere Report: Sword Art Online: Alicization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Klein is also the best because he was the first one in the harem. xD Anyway, he's also my personal favorite.
He was probably the one single character I really liked in the show.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-09-18 at 21:22.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 23:19   Link #9
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Not sure where to put this since there isn't clear general discussion thread, but it's anime related so this will do for now:



Top 10 Anime:
  1. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Memory Snow (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- OVA)
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization
  3. Toaru Majutsu no Index III (A Certain Magical Index III)
  4. Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)
  5. Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You)
  6. Steins;Gate 0
  7. Goblin Slayer
  8. JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind)
  9. SSSS.Gridman
  10. Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet (Boarding School Juliet)
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 23:34   Link #10
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Not sure where to put this since there isn't clear general discussion thread, but it's anime related so this will do for now:



Top 10 Anime:
  1. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Memory Snow (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- OVA)
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization
  3. Toaru Majutsu no Index III (A Certain Magical Index III)
  4. Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)
  5. Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You)
  6. Steins;Gate 0
  7. Goblin Slayer
  8. JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind)
  9. SSSS.Gridman
  10. Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet (Boarding School Juliet)
Oh hey, I'm watching, like, half those shows .

But nice to see SAO in the top spot (although not altogether unsurprising) .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 03:35   Link #11
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
https://sao-alicization.net/story/
https://sao-alicization.com/story/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 00:25   Link #12
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Episode 8 description added:
https://sao-alicization.com/story/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 02:34   Link #13
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Episode 9 preview:
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34244561
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 02:07   Link #14
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.140568

The official website for the Sword Art Online: Alicization television anime series revealed on Sunday that ASCA will perform the show's new opening theme song "Resister," and ReoNa will perform the new ending theme song "Forget-me-not." Both theme songs will premiere in the episode that will air on January 12.

ReoNa previously performed the ending theme song for the Happy Sugar Life anime, and also performed several insert songs for the Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online anime under the name "Kanzaki Elsa starring ReoNa."
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.