AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-13, 04:05   Link #41
NeutralZero

17 volume is nothing...
there are series that is/are sooooo long *ahem one piece* that you would wish it will end already...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 04:25   Link #42
theshade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
17 volume is nothing...
there are series that is/are sooooo long *ahem one piece* that you would wish it will end already...
You take that back!! One Piece should never end, at least until some 100s of chapters later.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 09:09   Link #43
NeutralZero

a series going for a mojacko ending while taking a very long way to go there? no thanks
that aside
there's nothing wrong with very slow story pace as long as the characters develops but the longer it goes, the higher the chance for it to go a muddy path like GE and other overly long series that already ended...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 09:53   Link #44
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Stalling? No, not really. There's not much filler chapters as each arc tends to have world building or more character developments.

Being veeery slow story? Yep.

Also there's already thread for this http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=130703&page=2
Thanks for the link, i'm now caught up to Chapter 106.....

But seriously, another arc with the dragons?! Come on.... This is exactly my point, it wont end! I'm ready for a final battle and Hak and Yona *Coughs* finally kissing *Coughs*, cause this is frustrating.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 21:56   Link #45
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_Rises View Post

But seriously, another arc with the dragons?! Come on.... This is exactly my point, it wont end! I'm ready for a final battle and Hak and Yona *Coughs* finally kissing *Coughs*, cause this is frustrating.
Well we still haven't touched anything about the sword and shield, and there are hints that there's supposed to be something happening when all the dragons are gathered anyway. I don't think bitching about ANOTHER dragon arc when their situation aren't exactly resolved yet is a correct thing to do

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 15:42   Link #46
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Well we still haven't touched anything about the sword and shield, and there are hints that there's supposed to be something happening when all the dragons are gathered anyway. I don't think @#!*% about ANOTHER dragon arc when their situation aren't exactly resolved yet is a correct thing to do
That's stalling.

The author should have covered that all the way back in Chapter 60....

Also if there is a season 2 anime for Yona, the author is making it difficult for them to keep up.... Cause they have to wrap up the story on there end when the anime is complete.

Also, is there even going to be a Season 2 of Yona of the Dawn?
Old 2015-06-14, 17:51   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
We do not know if there will be another season or no.

But whether or no there is one for now I prefer to give the author the benefit of the doubt.

For myself I am completely fine with where the story is at present in the scanlation and am enjoying savoring the slow, steady pace. Of course not everyone will like it, but what can we do? It's like that with most artistic endeavors.....
Old 2015-06-14, 19:01   Link #48
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
That's stalling.

The author should have covered that all the way back in Chapter 60....

Also if there is a season 2 anime for Yona, the author is making it difficult for them to keep up.... Cause they have to wrap up the story on there end when the anime is complete.

Also, is there even going to be a Season 2 of Yona of the Dawn?
It's not stalling, like I said she's just being slow. It'll only be stalling (at least for me) if the author decided to put filler arc here and there. However each arc has proper development for either the world building or character development. Not to mention each arc problem is mostly something that needs to be properly resolved from day one instead of something or problems that appears out of nowhere (or at least the focus of the problem like Yona's resolves to kill someone).

I think it's more because that the author doesn't want to mix things too much in one arc that it'll become forced. Like, the author could possibly mixing Zeno's arc in fire tribe arc with some sword and shield thing but I'd rather not because I want the author to focus on world building instead because the problem in fire tribe should be about world building instead of the dragon plot. You can also say that the problem in water tribe should have some dragon arc in it, but the author already focused on building the character and some world building about the country so adding dragon arc would be a bit too mixed. For example, I think the intensity of Hak's scene with Soo-Won in water tribe arc would be less intense if Yona and everyone is worrying about Zeno's body instead.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 22:12   Link #49
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:

The Dragons are a part of what this series is about. Also, we still haven't seen the 'Sword and Shield' and there's no way Soo-Won hasn't accomplished whatever it was that he wanted to do yet. As for Yona and Hak, I think Yona's just starting to figure out her feelings about Hak.

And there's no freaking way she's ready to take back her kingdom with the Dragons and Hak. We still don't know what exactly her endgame will be either.
Old 2015-06-15, 15:26   Link #50
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
The Dragons are a part of what this series is about. Also, we still haven't seen the 'Sword and Shield' and there's no way Soo-Won hasn't accomplished whatever it was that he wanted to do yet. As for Yona and Hak, I think Yona's just starting to figure out her feelings about Hak.

And there's no freaking way she's ready to take back her kingdom with the Dragons and Hak. We still don't know what exactly her endgame will be either.

The last time i saw something do that (*Coughs* Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. *Coughs*), it screwed up the story and nearly killed the show, and it's angering the audience.

I'm a writer, and i think this is a lousy pacing to tell a story... It's humorous, and good story, but it's pacing is wrong, and it needs to be straightforward.

These questions should have already been answered.... There meant to be answered, to raise new questions, to continue the story.....

The fact that these things are left unanswered means it's stalling (Even if you dont agree with me).... If He/She wants to continue the story past this, then you create new mysteries around these things to create more arcs, not a bunch of side-stories that dont move the plot...

Yona just going around and helping the kingdom, while heartfelt and kind of touching, does nothing for the plot, it strengthens character, but is not her Interior motive. She's lost, and has to find her way.... Her motive is to reclaim what was taken, and avenge her father.

Last edited by Justice_Rises; 2015-06-15 at 15:58.
Old 2015-06-15, 17:34   Link #51
Naoshi

^Are you sure you're a writer? Anyways...

Quote:
Her motive is to reclaim what was taken, and avenge her father.
That's not her movitation at all.
Old 2015-06-17, 11:26   Link #52
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoshi View Post
^Are you sure you're a writer? Anyways...

That's not her movitation at all.
Yes, i am a writer.... I can PM you some of my stuff if you dont believe me....

But anyways.... Maybe not take back the kingdom, cause that'd be difficult... But she said it herself she is going to avenge her father.

Reclaiming what was taken from her is what Soo-Woon took, In cased you missed that.
Old 2015-06-21, 16:38   Link #53
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Yes, i am a writer.... I can PM you some of my stuff if you dont believe me....

But anyways.... Maybe not take back the kingdom, cause that'd be difficult... But she said it herself she is going to avenge her father.

Reclaiming what was taken from her is what Soo-Woon took, In cased you missed that.
Soo-Won also wanted to kill her off at first, but seems to have backed down.

To me, wrapping up the story now would be bad writing, when there's still some questions not answered. The Dragons and Hak already got their asses wiped out once; if they go against Soo-Won's army now? They'd be decimated.

Anyway...

the OG Dragons sound like a riot; OG Hakryu and Green were more mainly and OG Seiyuu was a snarky thing

Theory: I think the 'Sword' is obviously Hak but who knows who the 'Shield' could be. Jun don't fight much so...I don't think it's him.
Old 2015-06-24, 09:40   Link #54
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Soo-Won also wanted to kill her off at first, but seems to have backed down.

To me, wrapping up the story now would be bad writing, when there's still some questions not answered. The Dragons and Hak already got their @#!*% wiped out once; if they go against Soo-Won's army now? They'd be decimated.

Anyway...

the OG Dragons sound like a riot; OG Hakryu and Green were more mainly and OG Seiyuu was a snarky thing

Theory: I think the 'Sword' is obviously Hak but who knows who the 'Shield' could be. Jun don't fight much so...I don't think it's him.
I guess so....

But i hate it when writers do that with stories, open things with plot holes to keep going, only to never answer the question....

We found out about the Sword and Shield thing in Chapter 47 i think, the writer has not touched it ever since. It's things like this that frustrate me, Nisekoi manga also frustrates me.

This writer has made things so complicated, you can't really end it right now, and it's difficult to write a final arc.
Old 2015-06-29, 10:14   Link #55
Justice_Rises

How is it threads like this just die and we never see them again?

Yona is one of the most popular Manga's out there and no one is talking about

One of the biggest questions i have is will there be a Season 2 of Yona for the anime? Will they announce that at Comic Con?

I'm just asking this cause.... But if it's wrong fourm, i'll just ask this in the correct subject.
Old 2015-06-29, 12:17   Link #56
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Well, if they were going to announce another season of Yona, it'd be at some event in Japan not Comic Con....

Spoiler:
Old 2015-06-29, 13:35   Link #57
SweetRain
のろい~

There is a seiyuu event on october right?
So if we are going to get a 2nd season then it might be announced there.
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 16:01   Link #58
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRain View Post
There is a seiyuu event on october right?
So if we are going to get a 2nd season then it might be announced there.
That's true....

I did see photos from a licensing expo in Japan with Yona stuff, promoting it after it was aired on Japanese TV.... The only thing is, no one asked about a season 2....

I sure hope they announce it soon....
Old 2015-07-24, 11:07   Link #59
Justice_Rises

Will Yona of the Dawn manga be sold in English?

Since i can't read Japanese, i have to wait for English translations of this manga...

Will physical copies be available for Yona of the Dawn in english? I've looked online and can't seem to find out...

I would have posted this in the Manga thread, but i didn't want it to get lost, and this a simple Question & Answer thread.... Once answered, the mods can merge it with the Yona thread....

Also, i've looked on Ebay and found Japanese copies of Yona, just so you know... So i'm just wondering, cause i'd like to buy them.

Thanks!
Old 2015-07-24, 11:22   Link #60
LKK

Quote:
Will physical copies be available for Yona of the Dawn in english? I've looked online and can't seem to find out...
The simple answer to your question is that no one here knows the answer.

US manga publishers are certainly aware of the series. It's been suggested to them as a possible license. The mangaka is known to them since some of her older works have been published here in the past. So it's a possibility that Yona will eventually be licensed. But that's all anyone can say at this point.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2015-07-24 at 11:31. Reason: grammar
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, akatsuki no yona, manga, romance comedy, yona of the dawn