AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-03, 17:54   Link #21
BPD Renegade

Glad Boar was quickly taken out. The action scenes weren't enough to make up for how irritatingly pompous and unlikable she was. I'll give the series a couple more episodes to see how it develops, since one episode isn't enough to adequately determine if it's hiding something good or if it's just going to be mindless gore for the sake of gore. So far though, I'm finding it utterly pretentious, and if that doesn't change, it'll be a drop.

Side note: There was no reason for "Everybody, clap your hands" to be in English. It might have been one thing if mixing English bits was a quirk for the guy, but that was the only instance. A lot of series may drop random English, but doing so in a series with the nature of this one only makes it seem like it's trying too hard to be "cool," and ends up making it look stupid instead. Although, maybe that's what the guy was going for. "Everybody, crap your hands" indeed.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 18:42   Link #22
LKK

It was all a bit too much for my tastes. Too violent; too dark. I'll try again with the next episode or two, but I doubt I'm going to make it through the season.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 19:01   Link #23
Nivek von Beldo

Everybody Clap your Hands.

People sold me is as a 'poor's man fate' and seems is better the concept was, a pretyt dark and seinen history, the cues to Gantz and Fate are nice, hope to see more

The Boar death was fitting and that Bunny is insane.

Was a nice change seeing the bunny as male(in other anime would be female by default) and a spanish Ox....
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 19:40   Link #24
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If it's one kill per episode, we're not gonna get to know most of the characters well enough to give a fuck. Action is okay, but it's not enough on its own.
Battle Royale, Basilisk and Hunger Games (Fate? What is Fate?) all killed off many characters straight away and focused on a few mains; I think that's the best way to play this game. But Bokurano gave each child a spotlight episode before killing them one by one, and that worked. If they sketch each Zodiac sign's backstory with sufficiently lurid and outrageous strokes, they don't need to be developed or complex characters for us to care if they live or die. I certainly strongly wanted the Boar (bore?) to get her comeuppance, though we need sympathetic characters too. If all the characters are really murderous hard-cases that could be the fatal flaw.

Quote:
On top of that the character that looks to be the MC (the sleepy guy) looks so fucking generic and boring.
Sleepy guy should be the rat who tricked his way to first place? I suppose his appearance is plainer than the rest of the freakshow. Maybe his 'all according to plan' moment will be sufficiently impressive; perhaps he'll hang in the background until then.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 21:08   Link #25
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was kind of fast the boar is all ready out but dam the rabbit is crazy
Old 2017-10-03, 21:09   Link #26
Wandering Soul

It's pretty gutsy to spend the entire episode introducing one of the contenders and explaining everything about her to her past and motivation, and then just kill her off. It doesn't seem like she would have been a pretty likable protagonist anyway, so I'm just curious to see who we follow next.
Old 2017-10-03, 22:47   Link #27
xeviouses

A Developed Doomed Character right off the bat. Then again, some shows gave us around 3 episodes before introducing the actual MC. Really curious on who's getting the role of protagonist.
Old 2017-10-03, 22:50   Link #28
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Like the title of the episode said even boars become pigs and she got guted like one.
Old 2017-10-03, 23:23   Link #29
Irenesharda

What's funny is that while the Boar was killed off pretty fast, one half of the Snake was killed off even faster! He didn't even have any lines! AND he's even featured in the promo art. So you really can't take that as any indication of if a character is important or not.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 23:53   Link #30
HandofFate

so edgy, i think i cut myself while watching the episode.

interested in the monkey and chicken.
looking forward to the guro
Old 2017-10-04, 00:27   Link #31
Mister Twit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's pretty gutsy to spend the entire episode introducing one of the contenders and explaining everything about her to her past and motivation, and then just kill her off.
I don't know about that. Logically, if she was going to die first then there was no other chance to get her story in. At least not with the way that the writing decided to present everyone at once.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 03:30   Link #32
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
I don't know about that. Logically, if she was going to die first then there was no other chance to get her story in. At least not with the way that the writing decided to present everyone at once.
Well, the gutsy thing was simply characterising someone who was meant to be killed off this early at all. I read the other day about how revolutionary something like this was when Hitchcock did it in the 60s in a-certain-movie-that-I-won't-mention-but-you-should-know-if-you-watched-it.

Spoiler for Title of the movie:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 03:42   Link #33
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
Absolutely right, Basilisk anime, Battle Royale manga and Bokurano all worked this way. If a supporting character gets a characterising flashback, you can be fairly sure they're about to die.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2017-10-04 at 04:42.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 06:08   Link #34
zztop

Wow, the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python & the Holy Grail got an image upgrade.

“That’s no ordinary rabbit! That’s the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
A Developed Doomed Character right off the bat. Then again, some shows gave us around 3 episodes before introducing the actual MC. Really curious on who's getting the role of protagonist.
I heard that in the source novel, everyone's the MC. POV switches between all the contestants.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 06:58   Link #35
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Wow, the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python & the Holy Grail got an image upgrade.
Well, that means we know what'll take it out. Go fetch the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch !

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 10:33   Link #36
Mistyclear

That is one crazy rabbit, I don't think there's any specific mc since there's 12 episodes and 12 characters it'll probably change prospectives each time.
So far no character really sticks out for me as likable, that rabbit freaks me out to much to like him, the boar was sadistic and arrogant, the monkey seems superficial, and the ox doesn't seem to talk much but when he does he seems way to serious- my impression of the characters so far.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 12:06   Link #37
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Well, that means we know what'll take it out. Go fetch the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch !
So long as they remember the divine instructions on how to use it in the Book of Armaments, Chp 2, verses 9-21, then they're good.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 12:35   Link #38
Tenzen12

Now I have feeling like I am watching Book of Bantorra again. At least characters that gonna get killed are mostly psychos that will not be missed.
Old 2017-10-05, 00:49   Link #39
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So...should we root for our zodiac animal to win? I question the sanity of my Zodiac sign for participating.

If the boar/pig won the last battle, what did her dad wish for? We never got to know.
Old 2017-10-05, 01:01   Link #40
HandofFate

kept thinking about this being a grimdark version of Fruits Basket