AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 23:35   Link #401
Used Can

Has there been any statement when the manga will be back?
Old 2009-02-06, 00:45   Link #402
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Last official statement was basically "when the author recovers sufficiently from her illness".
Old 2009-02-06, 01:27   Link #403
Used Can

I wonder if this is a Togashi type of illness. Let us hope not.
Old 2009-02-06, 04:47   Link #404
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wonder if this is a Togashi type of illness. Let us hope not.
this is probably one of the meanest , yet most hilarious comment I've read in a while .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 14:16   Link #405
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It also tells me he didn't browse the thread a page or two back..... since she was in the hospital and had surgery.... but I was just going to let it sit there.
Old 2009-02-07, 00:09   Link #406
Used Can

No no, I do know she had a surgery. I'm just hoping the manga won't remain on a year-long hiatus with constant breaks.
Old 2009-02-07, 02:31   Link #407
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oh!!!! (laugh) you've no idea how much that just improved your meter
Old 2009-02-07, 09:42   Link #408
iidingoii

k, Im truly confused

Spoiler for kannagi:
iidingoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 17:06   Link #409
Used Can

For the nth time, the whole deal about Nagi's purity was mere trolling.
Old 2009-02-24, 05:44   Link #410
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ok well just how far has the kannagi manga been translated into english by scantalators? Up to what chapter so far?
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 23:11   Link #411
chrisbad726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Ok well just how far has the kannagi manga been translated into english by scantalators? Up to what chapter so far?
Most likely.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:53   Link #412
HammerOrNails
One day...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Farthest I've seen goes up to ch.18.
HammerOrNails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 04:32   Link #413
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
http://foolrulez.org/manga/bin/read.php?manga=Kannagi has chapters 11-25
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 23:55   Link #414
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

latest chapter has shown me that zange-chan is planning something evil against nagi-sama with a coffin full of dark insect thingy.....w8 what are those called again?? impurities right??
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 21:08   Link #415
merru

......yup..
then again u really should read all those previous posts
merru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 06:14   Link #416
matrigs

hi there !

sorry to stir this topic up but i'm really confused by this series and after searching the net i found this topic to be the most extensive and informative of all regarding kannagi. i also like what a few people said earlier a lot.

after watching the anime (without reading the manga) i was sad that a lot of things remained unclear for me afterwards. so i stumbled across the anime and started to read it and realised that everything past the 17 chapter wasn't told in the anime which got me very excited.

so i started reading and finished a few days ago on chapter 33 being the last chapter translated i could find. i was sure that the next would be released some time soon. but then i read about the whole "2nd-hand affair" and stumbled across chapter 36 translated (which of course confused me even more) and there my knowledge stops.

so my questions are:
- what happened to chapter 34 and 35. i guess they were released because some of the pictures posted seem unfamiliar for me. but is there any translation for them ? google isn't helping out in fact (i know posting dircet links is prohibited here but maybe someone could give me a hint)
- is chapter 36 the last one released before the "illness" of the writer ? or was there anything else.

i'm sorry if these things were explained or answered sometime ago - i read this whole topic and a few other and couldn't find any info about it.

thanks in advance

oh and regarding the story and the "affair" (i hope this is not tl; dr already):
Spoiler for spoiler:

a bit off-topic: the otakus overreacted, yes but a lot of people saying this is typical for japanese people is a tad unfair. even in europe actors have been stalked after doing something in a tv-series and the fans lost track if it was real or fictious.
matrigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 13:49   Link #417
Isekaijin

So... August already...

Somebody knows if the author is recovering from whatever illness she had?
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 00:44   Link #418
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No idea and no news I've spotted.... (sigh). Its too bad - I don't wonder if propositions of a second anime series are on hold til the manga is finished.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:22   Link #419
ElizLestrad

I hope this gets continued after the artist is better, Im really anxious to see what happens with Nagi's true identity. Honestly I think I'll be really disappointed though if it turns out shes not really a god, but its starting to get too convoluted with every little thing about Nagi contradicting eachother.

I would have to agree though that Nagi's corruption is definitly due to her making physical contact with her "supposed former crush". After all, Nagi gets injured when she touches impurities, and Zange said that she recreated his body using the impurities she captured (hence why I think she was so adamant about making sure the two never meet). And I think that it was his body that was in the coffin that the impurities were crawling out of.

The thing that doesnt make sense then is that if Zange knew what would happen if the two met, why did she bother creating this defiled form anyways. I mean I know Zange doesnt really care for Nagi, but Ive never seen anything that makes me think that she'd deliberately try to kill Nagi.

Regardless Im really hoping that Nagi doesnt have split personalities (in the same sense that Zange does). I'm figuring that if Zange had to recreate this guys body, that something must have happened long ago and his form was destroyed. Nagi might have felt guilty about it (in the sense that she couldnt do anything about it) and talked herself in a circle so much that she ended up repressing her divine powers due to her not being as powerful as she hoped. Still that doesn't explain the infamous "interview chapter" where Nagi goes all slutty. I just find it hard to believe that a god would act in such a discraceful manner. It also doesn't explain her supposed amnesia, but I suppose if you compare my analysis to a standard trauma patient, she could have deliberately tried to forget the painful past that she had with this guy, hence her "amnesia".

Needless to say Nagi-sama just has to be a god.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 09:47   Link #420
Random Wanderer

Arg. Last night I read chapters 20 through 36 of this. I suppose I should have started at the beginning, but I was linked there through another site and originally I didn't intend to keep reading beyond the initial page. Anyway. Chapter 36 ends on such a powerful cliffhanger, I can't stand it! If I'd realized something like that was going to be the last chapter for months or years or forever, I wouldn't have started reading the manga in the first place. Now it's going to drive me insane, praying that there's some way they can save her.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, shounen