Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-14, 01:48   Link #2041
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, I can understand why Kouko would... I don't want to use the word "regress" because I don't think it's really that bad, but be in a bit of a slump with Banri gone. She misses her boyfriend, since this is the first time he's been gone when she wasn't in a depression or having an emotional crisis, and is starving for his affection. It's what any lover would feel when separated from their significant other, though just blown up to Kouko level .
It was still disappointing to see her relapse and I won't be defending her this time. Checking the mail wasn't okay and she should learn to have faith in Banri, especially since it was her who encouraged him to go in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The next episode is title "Night In Paris." What was it Kouko and Banri wanted to do in Paris again? Not that I feel they're quite at the comfort level where they should finally have their first time, especially with Banri now regaining his memories. But then again, Kouko's outfit in the preview looked quite attractive, so I wouldn't blame Banri for what happens .
Nah, don't think that will be happening. Probably just a tease or so.
Old 2014-02-14, 05:38   Link #2042
com_gwp

Seeing Ani again makes me wonder if we'll ever get a follow-up to that one flashback of his cheating fiancee; definitely was one of Golden Time's more controversial but brilliant moments, and I want to see what kind of consequences that decision wrought, since Linda is being something of a cipher herself.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 09:51   Link #2043
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

With this episode, it is safe to conclude that Koko needs to lay off that bath salt.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 14:28   Link #2044
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It was still disappointing to see her relapse and I won't be defending her this time. Checking the mail wasn't okay and she should learn to have faith in Banri, especially since it was her who encouraged him to go in the first place.
I don't think there was any indication that she was actually reading his mail, just picking it up for him. I say that if only because there's no reason for her to be snooping through his mail--Banri is already spending time with the person that makes Kouko the most insecure about their relationship, so if anything is going to happen, it'll be at the reunion, not through a letter in Banri's mailbox.

I think the scene was more about how she tends to feel dependent and lonely when Banri isn't around. She used the excuse of "picking up his mail" to go over there, but once she was there she gave in to the temptation of going inside and rolling around on his bed, when she's trying to be the mature and independent girlfriend.

Maybe I just feel that way because I think Banri and Kouko have been dating long enough that it's not a big deal if she grabs his mail for him or wants to stop by his apartment while he's out of town, even if it's just to huff the scent off his pillows. Had she been breaking out the kettle to steam the letters open, or using it as an excuse to dig through his stuff for more pictures of him and Linda, I'd definitely feel the same way as you, though.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 14:45   Link #2045
Frontier

Yeah, from Kouko's perspective, she thinks it's normal for a girlfriend to look through the mail of their significant other while they're away. Checking, not opening and peering over each one to see if Banri is having illicit correspondence with another woman, which she's always trying not to worry over .

Y'know, after all the romantic troubles of Mitsuo and Kouko, and Banri and Linda, it was kinda refreshing to see the married couple that had been together since middle school. I guess Takemiya isn't completely against childhood friends, or relationships relatively close to that level .
Old 2014-02-14, 15:05   Link #2046
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I don't think there was any indication that she was actually reading his mail, just picking it up for him. I say that if only because there's no reason for her to be snooping through his mail--Banri is already spending time with the person that makes Kouko the most insecure about their relationship, so if anything is going to happen, it'll be at the reunion, not through a letter in Banri's mailbox.

I think the scene was more about how she tends to feel dependent and lonely when Banri isn't around. She used the excuse of "picking up his mail" to go over there, but once she was there she gave in to the temptation of going inside and rolling around on his bed, when she's trying to be the mature and independent girlfriend.

Maybe I just feel that way because I think Banri and Kouko have been dating long enough that it's not a big deal if she grabs his mail for him or wants to stop by his apartment while he's out of town, even if it's just to huff the scent off his pillows. Had she been breaking out the kettle to steam the letters open, or using it as an excuse to dig through his stuff for more pictures of him and Linda, I'd definitely feel the same way as you, though.
I was about to say that at least she didn't open them, which would have been a catastrophe. But still, the scene left a bad aftertaste with me, because she let her insecurity overcome her and do some questionable stuff, which is a step backwards compared to the previous episodes. I would have had no problems with her just going into his apartment and sitting there or so, but the issue with the letter suggests that she still is only one step away from an utter breakdown. And the thing is, like always she knows that what she's doing isn't the right thing, yet she can't stop herself.
Old 2014-02-14, 15:34   Link #2047
musouka

I think in this case, the goal wasn't the letters themselves, but visiting the apartment. You can see that, because she's not upset at herself for picking up his mail, she's upset at herself for picking it up, then not resisting the temptation to go inside his apartment and jump on his bed. She was trying to tell herself that she would be fine without him for now, that he could go to a reunion and it wasn't the end of the world and five seconds later she's smelling his pillow and calling him an idiot for leaving her alone.

If the emphasis was on her riffling through his mail or holding them up to the light, then I'd definitely be on the same page. I just think in this case it's less a matter of Kouko relapsing into "mistrust" and more Kouko relapsing into what she sees as embarrassing dependence on her SOs.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 08:51   Link #2048
Deus igrok

In new episode (18) I like how they picture the schoolmates reunion, in particular names on waistcoats. But I upset by moment on bridge - maybe it's very painful when you found your soul-mate, but the brain telling you another version of true love.
Deus igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 13:45   Link #2049
l.kostas

game screenshots:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/805/805017/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 13:58   Link #2050
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
That looks nice. But I'm really out of the loop now possessing only a PSP that's nearly 8 years old.
Old 2014-02-17, 14:17   Link #2051
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
- It's interesting to see what events from the light novels/anime seem to have made it into the game. We have Mitsuo in a state of undress, apparently in the locker room of the club he and Banri worked at, as well the scene of Banri and Linda together after the confrontation with the fiance.

- I assume these two new characters, voiced by Maaya Uchida and Chiwa Saito, are both from the 2D-Kun side-story? I wonder if they're a major part of a 2D-Kun route that adapts the story?

- Banri at that concert .

At least it kinda confirms a Nana-Senpai route .

- Chinami in a cheerleading outfit and Kouko in her latin-American bikini .

Please let there be a CG of Kouko in that bikini !

- The "Gathering Topics" events looks quite interesting. It really seems like this game has a lot of nifty features .
Old 2014-02-17, 14:33   Link #2052
Preciize
Them Feels~

Hmm, the flashback at the end 1. makes me wonder if Banri's memories are truly coming back and 2. looks as if the current Banri and ghost Banri are slowly cutting off from each other with ghost Banri separating his hand to fall down the bridge.
Old 2014-02-20, 08:03   Link #2053
l.kostas

Episode 19 preview screenshots:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/808/808123/

2nd OP -ED cd cover art:
http://sp.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1392623619
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 16:19   Link #2054
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

This episode felt a bit boring but I think we can see where it is going to go now. Oka will tell Kouko and she will take it the wrong way and dump Banri I really hope this doesn't happen but it is very likely
Old 2014-02-20, 17:50   Link #2055
Kakurin
大佐

That episode somehow came and went pretty fast. Kouko was going way overboard here, made me cringe. But she seems to have calmed down afterwards. Hopefully she'll take what Banri said to heart, go at their own pace and not force the issue out of panic. Speaking of Banri, he seems to have stabilized through that homecoming episode. In a way he is slowly finding a balance between Kouko and Linda, he doesn't put up an act in front of either. And if old Banri isn't suddenly intervening again I think he is fixed on Kouko for the time being. Now it's Kouko's turn to settle down.

It was funny to listen to Linda explaining her behaviour with Mitsuo. Despite being the senpai she's actually prone to getting flustered into tsundere-kind of behaviour? I'm quite curious about her future now with Banri seemingly moving on. Will she try to do the same, or will she be caught in a limbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagaKoko View Post
This episode felt a bit boring but I think we can see where it is going to go now. Oka will tell Kouko and she will take it the wrong way and dump Banri I really hope this doesn't happen but it is very likely
Seriously doubt that, because that isn't news to Kouko. Kouko knows about Banri and Linda's shared past, she knows that he used to like her. And she was the one who pushed him into going to that class reunion fully knowing that Linda would be around him. Last but not least Kouko knew that Linda wanted to talk to Banri, so that really is a non issue. If Kouko blows up like you suggest it will be very poor story writing, at least from my perspective.

But speaking of Chinami, kind of surprising how aggressive she was, not even giving Banri a chance to explain (well, not that he's any good at explaining, but that's a different matter). I somehow have the feeling that she was eavesdropping them. If she's going to blow up somebody, I think it could be blowing up Mitsuo by giving him news of Banri's closeness with Linda either directly, or through some back channel.

Oh, going by the preview we are going to see those crazy tea club nee-chans again.
Old 2014-02-20, 18:03   Link #2056
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagaKoko View Post
I honestly do not see that happening for a few reasons:

1. Kouko knows about Banri and Linda's past.
2. Oka meanwhile does not
3. Oka seems to have some sort of feelings toward Yana-ssan, being jealous of Linda to the extent that she cut her hair to look like her (?)
4. Banri and Linda's interaction seemed more like a heart-to-heart talk between siblings rather than a romantic one
5. An angry Linda's face resembles Nana's a lot no wonder they get along so well
6. Kouko may not look like it, but she can be perceptive at times.

Predictions:

The following episodes will probably focus on the side characters and their issues as well as how it effects Banri and Kouko. Those two might end up being the mediators.

The beginning of the episode was definitely my favorite though. Who are you?

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2014-02-20 at 18:23.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 18:18   Link #2057
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
3. Oka seems to have some sort of feelings toward Yana-ssan, being jealous of Linda to the extent that she cut her hair to look like her (?)
I got that feeling too. Getting a new, short, hairstyle? Definitely smells like influenced by Linda's appearance. I don't want to speculate too much and be unfair to Chinami, but maybe her being around at the end of the episode wasn't coincidence.

Quote:
4. Banri and Linda's interaction seemed more like a heart-to-heart talk between siblings rather than a romantic one
Agreed, I enjoyed this interaction much more than those pseudo-romantic ones that happened earlier. It just looks much more natural with the two of them teasing each other in that fashion and being able to talk like that, including about possible love interests (Banri's reaction in that department was quite illuminating, how he suggested that maybe Linda is interested in Mitsuo). I honestly think it's a logical development. We got to see very early that Linda used to treat Banri like a little brother (yeah, he needed that, so pitiful was he ) and after they met again Linda picked up on that in the role of a senpai. It befits them more than a romantic relationship.
Old 2014-02-20, 18:47   Link #2058
ginger02

lol Kouko was so funny when she was trying to "climb the stairway to adulthood." XD
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 19:27   Link #2059
Wigwams

It seems like Oka-chan is pushing her "ideals" into others...

This probably wont be drama for Koko-Banri but its gonna be about Chinami-Yana-Linda love triangle...
Old 2014-02-20, 21:05   Link #2060
Darthtabby

I thought we were finally going to find out the specifics of Banri's accident. Guess not.

Kouko is lucky she didn't poke her eye out with that sculpture she made.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen