AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 07:06   Link #2461
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

So Ichigo's mommy was a Quincy? You don't say? We only figured that out ages ago. I think Kubo ought to look up the definition of "plot twist" because I don't think he knows what it means.

That aside, we're at least going get some history behind how the Kurosaki family came to be. Good to know. I just hope it does not take too damn long.
Old 2013-02-27, 07:21   Link #2462
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
She was strong enough to kill a hollow that almost killed Ichigo's dad but got offed by the nubfisher?
Kubo will probably have her loose her powers in some way .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 08:01   Link #2463
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
They are still pretty human and I'm sure she's not super powerful. She also protected ichigo and took a full attack from the back.

A Powerful samurai can kill 20 other samurai and die from a villager from stabbing him in the back the middle of a town.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:38   Link #2464
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

How come Yuzu and Karin never got powers while Ichigo is already mix between five classes?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 08:55   Link #2465
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
How come Yuzu and Karin never got powers while Ichigo is already mix between five classes?
They already seem to have some form of spiritual sensitivity, which could be either quincy or shinigami in nature. Ichigo only got his shinigami powers in a usable form due to Rukia, hollow due to Urahara's training, Fullbring was either due to the circumstances or due to the remnants of his hollow, and quincy was only due to his powers reacting with Kirge's cage thingy - they probably both have the potential (Karin more than Yuzu) to do the same, it's just that Ichigo has the plot motivation to achieve his potential in these areas
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 09:02   Link #2466
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm more interessted in hearing if she was a normal Quincy like Ishida (who is a normal human, with the ususal human lifespan), or a Vandenreich Quincy (who seems to be several hundred years old). Especially important for the question when the flashback took place.
Masaki is wearing modern clothing (looks like a school uniform) so it can't have taken place very long ago. I'd say 20 to 30 years ago. I think Masaki is a normal Quincy.

Since Isshin was a captain at the time, then everybody in Soul Society should know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Same reason Ichigo never got powers before he met Rukia. Nobody trained them or even told them anything about their powers.
Old 2013-02-27, 09:54   Link #2467
zerodragon

Quote:
thinking the same thing, i believe that she didn't her powers at the same level when she met grand fisher. i think every time she gave birth, she lose a part of her spirit energy to ichigo and his sisters.

i told my friend a long time ago that i always believe that she was not normal because she reacted as if she saw grand fisher when ichigo was run toward him. also did anyone notice beside me that they went from a bridge to the grass area right near it? she may have use the quicy version of shupo to try and move ichigo out of the way taking the attack to her back.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:12   Link #2468
Eragon
Still Alive

Hahahahahaha..........................This is hilarious. This is like showing someone a book and then telling him its a..................book. Genius
Old 2013-02-27, 10:20   Link #2469
DarkHollowIchigo

Love between Quincy and Shinigami is obviously forbidden, therefore both got their powers removed?
Old 2013-02-27, 10:35   Link #2470
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Same reason Ichigo never got powers before he met Rukia. Nobody trained them or even told them anything about their powers.
but...
Ichigo could see ghosts, spirits and shinigami's during that time. He was seeing Rukia but couldn't see hollows, right?

but Yuzu and Karin couldn't see shinigami's
at least, I don't ever remember them seeing one.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 10:44   Link #2471
james0246

I like that there is finally confirmation of Ichigo's genealogy. And I like that he isn't taking the Shinigami route to power-up. He has always been independent of the various organizations, so I was always expecting him to go off on his own and get his shit together. I also like the Ikumi showing up again. She's easily my favourite of the Part II characters, so more of her is always nice. Her moments with Ichigo this chapter were quite nice, in fact the opening moments with Ichigo's father were also nicely done. Good drama throughout (certainly better than the seemingly endless Kenpachi fight).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 13:17   Link #2472
SeanQ

Do we really need to know their love story? How does Ichigo not know his mother was a quincy by now with all the hints given to him...

Hey Ichigo...your origins...your mother saved me and she was a quincy and we made love and had you. Not so gut spilling as I thought it would be...
Old 2013-02-27, 13:25   Link #2473
saravis

Quote:
While that's certainly possible, there is a much simpler explanation. She likely died in much the same way as Ishida's grandfather. She could have simply refused to use her powers because of agreement with the Shinigami and/or because she was afraid of being attacked by the Shinigami and getting her own family involved. The latter could also explain Isshin's secrecy; fear of being recognized and that leading to Mazaki being discovered. Whether or not this explanation is used remains to be seen, but it would be the simplest explanation.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:26   Link #2474
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Do we really need to know their love story? How does Ichigo not know his mother was a quincy by now with all the hints given to him...

Hey Ichigo...your origins...your mother saved me and she was a quincy and we made love and had you. Not so gut spilling as I thought it would be...
also aizen and juha bach are your uncles
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 13:42   Link #2475
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
Wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2013-02-27, 15:31   Link #2476
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

YES YES YES....FINALLLLLLLLLLLY!

We're about to tip into Isshin's past with Masaki. ABout goddamn time.

DO NOT FUCK THIS UP KUBO. I've put up with you already for far too long all in the hopes of one day seeing Isshin's backstory and how it ties into everyone. Doesn't have to be a mini-arc; one or maybe three chapters might do...whatever length the TBTP arc was, that will be fine.

You've already messed up pretty much all in Bleach and have singlehandedly made me hate just about every character that I ever cared about to the point where I want deaths. DO NOT MAKE ME HATE ISSHIN AS WELL. Or Ryuuken, as I"m sure he'll probaly be involved.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:12   Link #2477
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
to have aizen as an uncle. Ichigo should be so lucky.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:48   Link #2478
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So the first thing he does when he gets back is run to the MILF? ... best decision you've made in a while, Ichigo.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:51   Link #2479
Casshern

Unagiya is always so well drawn... Makes me like her despite being completely unimportant so far.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 17:46   Link #2480
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

K think about this, about 100 years ago they got a new member of the 0 squad, think here for a second, if they needed a new person, then it probably was a replacement for a former member, perhaps this former member pissed off the king who then removed most of this former member of the 0 squad spiritual powers, he used to be ABOVE captain rank, but is left weakened to a rather suckish average shinigami level, discraaced by his king and he wishes not to return to the soul society where all former allies are either dead or forgotten him as he hasnt been a member of the soul society for lets say, over 1000 years.
He goes to the human world and lays low for a few dozen years, just milling about and meets a kisuke urahara along his travels, a friendship is born from there similar kiddish nature.
Then a number of year later he find himself pitted against one of Aizens hollows that were experimented on, one that drains spiritual power and uses the power drain for itself or something similar, this former member gets owned but this rather smexy young lady with strawberry blonde hair shows up, she summon a bow from a pendant on her necklace or something, owns the hollow using some fancy quincy trick, she saves the former members life, (probs trained as a nurse or something prompting the former member to become a doctor years later after seeing how amazing she is and how she saves peoples live [incert deep meaningfull talk about easy-to-take-lives-mirical-to-save-them here]) they settle down after the former member of the 0 division ask's urahara for a favour to give him a body he can live in permanently. Has kids, complications, blah blah blah, wife gives up powers to save first born at birth or some shit like that, dies, kid grows up rough and edgy, gets stabbed by feisty raven haired midget and spawns the first BLEACH pairing.

I understand if TLDR.
Some one, word it better and abridge it plz?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter