Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-02, 07:41   Link #41
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
What spoiler?
The one about the future manga chapters.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:44   Link #42
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
The one about the future manga chapters.
I've enclosed them in spoiler tags, doesn't that imply a spoiler so don't click or not?

EDIT - check my edit now, is that good?
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:45   Link #43
Steffa
Ninja Guru

but it wasn't about future manga
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:49   Link #44
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
I've enclosed them in spoiler tags, doesn't that imply a spoiler so don't click or not?

EDIT - check my edit now, is that good?
There seems to be allways someone who hasn't read the rules.

You MUST use spoiler tags when dealing with the episode until an actual credible sub appears. Also, manga spoilers are forbidden even inside spoiler tags, so do not post them in any circumstances. Spoilers outside spoiler tags, or any kind of manga spoilers even inside spoiler tags will result in the deletion of the post. Also, anyone who insists on spoiler and does not follow these rules will be banned. And there will be no exceptions.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:50   Link #45
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
There seems to be allways someone who hasn't read the rules.

You MUST use spoiler tags when dealing with the episode until an actual credible sub appears. Also, manga spoilers are forbidden even inside spoiler tags, so do not post them in any circumstances. Spoilers outside spoiler tags, or any kind of manga spoilers even inside spoiler tags will result in the deletion of the post. Also, anyone who insists on spoiler and does not follow these rules will be banned. And there will be no exceptions.
fine I'll remove that.

and AH has released their sub already.
Old 2004-09-02, 07:50   Link #46
Steffa
Ninja Guru

well if you actually used commas every now and then, we would be able to understand what you just said.
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:53   Link #47
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
well if you actually used commas every now and then, we would be able to understand what you just said.
nah its my fault, I didn't read the first post

ok, i'll stop posting non-topic stuff now
Old 2004-09-02, 09:19   Link #48
noich

mighta been considered a spoil??
noich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 09:36   Link #49
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBruce
Seriously, wtf are you manga guys saying about how this filler episode sucked. It was ALL character development, it went into detail about how Tsunade is reluctant to become the 5th and how the 3rd's grandson is upset for a number of reasons, as he should be...

Or do you just think someone takes up the mantle of Hokage and all the responsibility it entails without being hesitant for multiple reasons? Or a grandson of the leader of the Village would be ecstatic that theirs a new leader?

I know this series is based on fights and techniques, but developing endearing characters, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Konohamaru is what makes the story rich. And guess what, all three of those characters have been completely bolstered and enriched by the ANIME.

Some of the funniest situations in the naruto world have dealt with the Konohamaru/Naruto relationship. So I'm sorry to say, but plot development on those two only enriches the story.

And I KNOW people would bitch and complain if there weren't these fillers and the anime caught up to the manga. Also, have you stopped and thought that these fillers relieve the pressure put on the Manga creator?? Yes, it diverges a bit from the story, but in doing so it gives the creator time to think serious plot points through and develop interesting fights/conflicts. Without these fillers you manga readers despise, your manga would turn to trash.

P.S. since its subbed at AH not going to put spoiler tags on.
I second all that. I love how they portrayed Tsudade in this ep. She feels like a Hokage more than ever.
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 10:11   Link #50
BlackDove
Unheard

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I hate fillers - I mean I _know_ that they are doing it because of the 100th episode anniversary, because that's when the new arc will start - but they wasted my three weeks!!!.....

*sniff*
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 10:29   Link #51
evilryu
Elite Member

Character development for tsunade yes...

Pointless sakura/lee meeting and unfunny sexy-no-jutsu yes...

The preview to next weeks eps should have been this weeks eps.

/hides
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 10:52   Link #52
fieryshadowcard

I actually liked this week's filler. Compared to the filler that was 97, this was pretty good. Give or take a few qualms I have about Konohamaru's not accepting this (I thought it pretty mature of him that he didn't make a fuss about the new Hokage in the manga), I also enjoyed seeing Konohamaru's defenses being unleashed. He may become a great ninja yet, although, since this is filler (and therefore unrelated to the manga), that is ultimately up to Kishimoto to decide. But hey, he's been influenced by filler before, so who knows?

I really enjoyed Tsunade's entry into her new Hokage quarters. The manga showed something completely contradictory to something indicative of Hokage etiquette, but this actually made me feel like she was taking her job seriously (usually it's the anime that fails to do this... strange). I especially liked how she just reached past Konohamaru's head for the book and walked off as though nothing happened.

Anti-Sakura fans will probably always frown at her, but I think Sakura's character this episode was great (I don't remember the scene with her and Lee in the manga, so...). And seeing more of Lee's contemplations added a more realistic touch to the situation. Even though the manga immediately takes off into the next arc, it gives a feeling that a lot is going on in that short time that everyone is still in Konoha and the filler did a good job of exploring that.

What worries me, however, is the stuff Tsunade was looking at in regard to Kabuto's regeneration. It seems like a weak connection, and considering that Kabuto's ability should be pretty unique (ie. not immediately deciphered by even a Sannin), it seems weak that she would draw resources from it as though she were completely knowledgeable on Kabuto's ability. Also, I fear it may actually be implying things about that ability that may later contradict the manga, so... yeah.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Better written, better drawn, better executed than its recent predecessor. I can wait. I'm not interested in watching animated pretty pictures. I'll always be more interested in the story. As long as the manga continues the story, then the anime can take its sweet time.

Here's my prediction of filler to come:

Other than an extended version of the Gai/Lee talk as seen in the preview, I expect to see a lengthy filler about Sasuke contemplating about all that's happened (before what's to immediately come... as well as after what's immediately to come) and what he plans to do in the future. Whew, that was close. I almost got myself banned. I was getting ready to say *content removed* and *censored to anime purists*, but I stopped myself from saying *just give it up already* before it was too late.

I also bet there will be some Sakura filler. So, let's see... episode 97, 99, 100, about three more episodes of Konoha filler translate to six fillers, and a general episode that's on track will generally be 2-3 manga chapters. We're at about 170 now, so that's about 58 manga chapters left. That's anywhere from 19-29 anime episodes from here on. For each week, not including holidays, that's essentially 19-29 more manga chapters before the anime catches up. I'm betting that an actual filler ARC will take place after the current one in the manga. After the climax there, the series can rest a little, especially since so many people are interested in a time skip. That would be the best place to insert an arc, but not here.

Well, I've said my two cents. Love it, hate it, whatever.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 11:20   Link #53
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Not much to say In this thread anymore.

The Episode was ok I guess, The way Tsunade dealt with the traps was prolly the high point of this episode.

Shizune Is still annoying, however Tsunade gets better looking each episode.

*Yawns*
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 11:36   Link #54
Kinjo

I hate this whole "catching up with the manga" thingie, why cant just kishimoto (did I just type the wrong name? cant remember) be supervising the episodes? that way it would'nt matter if the anime would go past the manga, either way, I'm really glad that a filler arc at this point seem to be out of the question, I was really worried for a while since I cant wait for the arc that's suposed to come, enough said.
I'm curently dl:ing episode 99 so I cant give my point of view on that one yet but from what I've read it seams great that there will be some character evolving. I didn't realise it first but I've really missed Shikamaru and Neji and Kiba and even Hinata and believe it or not even Sakura, well everyone actually, even though I'm not very into this whole Konohamaru thingie, I'd rather have them showing more of the genins. Like training, missions or just small talk becouse thay have been away for quite some time.

For a filler arc I'd really like to see Sakura actually starting to train. maybe that way people (me included) will finally learn how to like/respect her if she shows good effort and progress. Other then that some missions could be cool as long as they dont turn out like jump festa.

Oh well, just 2 hours left.
Kinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 12:08   Link #55
HopelessLover

It was an ok episode. But I don't see the story drastically picking up unless some thing suddenly happens.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 12:09   Link #56
lotus_lee

Quite a boring episode, one you're most likely to forget in a few weeks. Oh well, I guess you can't have every single episode being a fantastic and memorable one. I hope the next episode will be a good one.

Btw, did anyone see how close Tsunade pressed Ton-Ton to her breasts, lol. No wonder it talks like it has stuffed nose, it can't breath properly.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 12:59   Link #57
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by movieinc
It wasn't so bad

BTW you can Direct Download the ep here (link is on a forum so you'll have to register), max speed = 500 kbps

http://movieinc.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=17
dude...I think you are going against the forum rules very much by doing that...
Ath this rate you'll get banned for a long time so i suggest you remove that post
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 13:05   Link #58
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Not much to say In this thread anymore.

The Episode was ok I guess, The way Tsunade dealt with the traps was prolly the high point of this episode.

Shizune Is still annoying, however Tsunade gets better looking each episode.

*Yawns*

I think Shizune is more than just a lackey. I think she is sort of Tsunade's conscience / keeper/ handler a lot of the time. It's like Tsunade is a big star who needs to be kept on track. But I did love Tsunade's entrance into the office. Her behavior made her seem almost regal. She didn't lower herself down to the kids level (like she has in the past).
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 13:18   Link #59
Bakafool
The Green Beast of Konoha

Yup I liked this ep too. Good character development, especialy with Tsunade and Lee.
Bakafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 14:25   Link #60
joewright91
Survivor of the Uchiha

that was the shittest ep ever, i think it took about 2 lines from the manga
joewright91 is offline   Reply With Quote