AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-25, 14:16   Link #41
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Looking at Kou, why am I getting the feeling that he'll be voiced by Uchiyama too?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 00:00   Link #42
Nerroth
NePoi!

The game site has gone live.
Old 2015-02-26, 22:39   Link #43
Iron Maw
Banned

Looks pretty good for a Vita game, Falcom's getting as much mileage out of the Sen's engine as they can huh?

That said after reading all the details, I can't help but think that this is Falcom chasing Persona fanbase by making their own version. =/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 23:14   Link #44
Kirayuki

Reading from the interview with Kondou, it seems they intend to make this a series like Kiseki and put more focus on the story. I guess they have clearer vision this time with the title, unlike with Nayuta which was a poor blend between Ys and Kiseki.

And before people have a wrong impression with "Xanadu" on the title, it supposed to represent the company instead of having anything to do with the Xanadu series. The "Tokyo" here supposed to represent the alternate world, hence it uses a slightly different Kanji for the Tokyo on the title.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 23:19   Link #45
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Looks pretty good for a Vita game, Falcom's getting as much mileage out of the Sen's engine as they can huh?

That said after reading all the details, I can't help but think that this is Falcom chasing Persona fanbase by making their own version. =/
True, but I think it's a good place to invite new people to play their games. It's not something gigantic like Ys or Kiseki so people won't get bewildered when trying it, even if they're advertised as side-story. Also the generic plot at glance is probably really just their way to advertise this game for that audience, but it's falcom we're talking about I think it'll come out alright, at least for the story part.

Quote:
it seems they intend to make this a series like Kiseki and put more focus on the story.
Oh wait, scratch that. It'll come out awesome

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 23:24   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Well, when you're courting the audience for a fantasy/high school RPG, no one would blame you for taking influence from one of the best .

I think Sen no Kiseki, from what I've read of it, also implemented a high school aspect alongside it's story and RPG element well-enough, so this might be a result of that somewhat .
Old 2015-02-26, 23:40   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think Sen no Kiseki, from what I've read of it, also implemented a high school aspect alongside it's story and RPG element well-enough, so this might be a result of that somewhat .

The first game does have the whole school setting, yeah. Not so much the sequel though (due to.... plot reasons). Both games do have a social link-type system, though. Wouldn't be surprised to see THAT show up in Tokyo Xanadu either, truth be told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Reading from the interview with Kondou, it seems they intend to make this a series like Kiseki and put more focus on the story. I guess they have clearer vision this time with the title, unlike with Nayuta which was a poor blend between Ys and Kiseki.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Nayuta is more of a successor to Zwei/Gurumin than any of Falcom's bigger franchises.

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-02-27 at 02:00.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 04:55   Link #48
Kirayuki

http://gamestalk.net/tokyo-xanadu-8/
Old 2015-03-15, 13:05   Link #49
marvelB

^Let's see..... from what I can make out, the short-haired girl's name is "Ikushima Sora", she's 15, a first-year, and is part of the karate club, which explains her fighting style. Otherwise, I don't think there's much else to say other than that she kinda resembles Kloe from the Sora trilogy, heh.
Old 2015-03-15, 13:10   Link #50
Kirayuki

Her family name if translated into English is actually referring to Sora SC final dungeon, and Sora is Sora lol, so I'm sure it's pretty intentional from their part
Old 2015-03-15, 19:32   Link #51
Iron Maw
Banned

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/tokyo-xan...character-sora

She's kinda of like a Kloe expy. I guess that's intentional.
Old 2015-03-25, 23:02   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

So... um yeah not whole in this update that we didn't know about already, but does go over some combat mechanics briefly.

Tokyo Xanadu details latest character, Tokyo earthquake, and combat system
Old 2015-04-03, 14:05   Link #53
marvelB

Some more details on the combat system.
Old 2015-04-21, 06:00   Link #54
Kirayuki

Release date announced, September 30th

I guess it leaves the new Ys for somewhere around December then (if it's actually out this year)
Old 2015-04-21, 20:12   Link #55
marvelB

Ah, figured it would be released around that time (Falcom titles in recent years were mainly released around the summer/fall season, after all). And the best part is that I should be able to get it as soon as it's released since I'm caught up with the recent Kiseki titles!

Though as far as Ys goes.... yeah, I'm a bit unsure about it seeing a release this year, myself. We hardly have any info so far, after all. I suppose the folks over at Falcom want to focus most of their energy on Tokyo Xanadu first, maybe.
Old 2015-04-21, 21:36   Link #56
Nerroth
NePoi!

This compilation trailer has a few seconds' worth of TX footage, starting at the 0:28 mark or thereabouts:

Old 2015-04-22, 00:27   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
This compilation trailer has a few seconds' worth of TX footage, starting at the 0:28 mark or thereabouts:

Can you, Xanadu?

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 01:40   Link #58
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can you, Xanadu?
That GIF would be perfect if it includes the "JK ?" part
Old 2015-05-12, 12:33   Link #59
Iron Maw
Banned

Well the obligatory Student Council President has been introduced. They also 5 known elements which assume each character corresponds to since switching characters to fight correct type is important.
Old 2015-05-12, 14:24   Link #60
marvelB

I know it's not very likely at this point since the promo images seem to show all the main playable characters already, but..... with some of the high schooler archetypes already shown in the cast, I sorta hope that we get the burly hot-blooded jock (or better yet, a banchou) as a playable character. Mainly because it would be a great opportunity for Falcom to parody Dogi, wall-bashing and all!

Tags
falcom, ps vita, rpg