AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-05, 04:38   Link #981
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

About damn time. They need to take their careers back and do the things that they were passionate about. Definitely not cave in to Miura's obsession with gags or try to play it safe with something that neither of them really likes. Glad that Eiji and Hattori have helped to light the fire under their behinds.
Old 2010-03-05, 04:52   Link #982
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb

Epic
Old 2010-03-05, 05:08   Link #983
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post

Epic
All the big Shounen jump chapters have been either very good or very epic this week. Except Hunter x Hunter, I don't know what to make of that...
Old 2010-03-05, 05:27   Link #984
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Ryuk owned this chapter, hands down
Old 2010-03-05, 05:54   Link #985
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tanto got butchered in all ways today, I assume WHEEEEEeeees are in order Kinda worried about Takagi's wedding, hope the drama doesn't kick off.
Old 2010-03-05, 07:41   Link #986
mammothb

yea, the time has come... they are gonna start of the final title soon ^^
Old 2010-03-05, 10:03   Link #987
Freeter
beyond

Looks like Eiji won't need to use the series cancel card after all.

Miura will certainly be stubborn and try to keep Tanto going, not sure how Shujin will react. Maybe he'll take a break for a while and get his creative juices back, and Mashiro will spend some quality time with Azuki.

As for Hattori, he sure knows how to keep things professional. Though I agree with that editor, he should go for Iwase
Old 2010-03-05, 11:24   Link #988
AlaAlba

kinda lol to see saikou went all the way to his home just to do that.

tanto will be over, nice ^^

btw, what is the meaning of bakuman? I never see the word being use in this manga,lol.
Old 2010-03-05, 12:13   Link #989
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
btw, what is the meaning of bakuman? I never see the word being use in this manga,lol.
Shortened version of "Explosive manga".

Mashiro finally realized they should drop Tanto, HELL YEAH ! That's about damn time. I don't think Shujin will react too badly, he's struggling a lot right now, and he probably doesn't like writing Tanto anyway. It just doesn't fit him.
Old 2010-03-05, 14:15   Link #990
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They just got too absorbed with all the fate stuff, that Mashiro's uncle was a gagster and they had to follow his footsteps etc. I'm glad they'll choose to be themselves instead. Btw what's with all the references to other manga that were hit years ago? They were popular because of their originality, copying other series isn't a bright idea <_<
Also, natural's getting an anime, drama and live action movie? I don't know about that...
Old 2010-03-05, 14:32   Link #991
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I love how they build up the endings, lately the hangers had been bland up until now.

A great development, looks like Hattori did the right thing.
Old 2010-03-05, 14:34   Link #992
kobun

no mention of Miyoshi with a no pony tail, and tshirt...

you have it all wrong, tanto is not going to end.. they are going to run in to some kids, who love tanto more then anything in jump. and make believe their characters the of tanto. or something... .this will in turn inspire them to continue with tanto....
Old 2010-03-05, 15:14   Link #993
Sol Falling

Yeah, Miyoshi was unusually hot in one panel this chapter.

Anyway, one line in particular made me go : "She's just fleshing out the story. I'm the one guiding it." That's...pretty damning. Wow.
Old 2010-03-05, 17:16   Link #994
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
They just got too absorbed with all the fate stuff, that Mashiro's uncle was a gagster and they had to follow his footsteps etc. I'm glad they'll choose to be themselves instead. Btw what's with all the references to other manga that were hit years ago? They were popular because of their originality, copying other series isn't a bright idea <_<
Also, natural's getting an anime, drama and live action movie? I don't know about that...
I c wut u did thar!

But yeah, that was pretty fast. It's terribly rare for any manga to get an offer for an anime after only ten chapters, let alone a drama and a live action at the same time. I think it's just a plot device that the authors used to build up determination in Ashirogi-sensei
Old 2010-03-05, 18:26   Link #995
Divini
Senpai!

Haaa, Mashiro called Miho first of all people.

After reading the final page, I was thinking to myself for a while "Why her first?". Of course I know it's to create good drama and a good conversation, but still

Well it's cool, it's been forever since they both had a heartfelt talk. (Their last conversation was akin to "Sorry, my bad." lol)
Old 2010-03-05, 20:15   Link #996
blade82

what does she mean by "yakusa number"
Old 2010-03-05, 21:16   Link #997
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Damn, Mashiro's breaking.

So I think what's going on is Bakuman goes in 10-chapter cycles in which they pick a character and make that character permanently awesome. First Aoki, now Hattori. "I think it's time for a date with Miura" was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Haaa, Mashiro called Miho first of all people.

After reading the final page, I was thinking to myself for a while "Why her first?". Of course I know it's to create good drama and a good conversation, but still

Well it's cool, it's been forever since they both had a heartfelt talk. (Their last conversation was akin to "Sorry, my bad." lol)
She's his emotional support. Right now, Shujin is bitchy, and Miura will not agree to it.
Old 2010-03-05, 21:54   Link #998
Somnus
Eh?

Y'know, I've always thought Kaya was awesome. This time around though, the only thing I was thinking was that Akito's a lucky bum. Especially with how she looked that morning they watched the show.

In terms of the chapter...FINALLY! It`s about time, and I`m glad to see Eiji still has so much respect for our favourite duo. Also, yeah...I agree with Yujiro, Hattori needs to pick Aiko.
Old 2010-03-06, 01:18   Link #999
Likely

if tanto ends soon, id feel like this whole arc is meaningless. ashirogi muto was against gag from the start; and will now stop for the same disagreements prior to this venture? it's a high price to pay for teaching their editor a lesson. (not that miura's even learned anything yet).
Old 2010-03-06, 01:54   Link #1000
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
She's his emotional support. Right now, Shujin is bitchy, and Miura will not agree to it.
I actually thought Shujin would whole-heartedly agree to it. He's going insane over Tanto, and that's not like his usual composed self. With Tanto being in a stable, non-risky spot, they're kind of 'forced' into continuing it. If he'd be bitchy about anything, it's that he doesn't want to take another risk. Based on how he views Eiji similar to Mashiro though, I don't think that would be the case.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen