Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 07:49   Link #1801
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
In both cases, the two male are technically giving correct statements and Keena is the one who is not, and there is no new girl in the past as well.
Once again it looks like it's up to Keena to unravel this mystery. Funny thing is, it has to be next ep because... her birthday is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Was that an image from the past in that pendant, or a real-time visual tracking device?
It can't be an image because it's a hologram that looks like it is, how do you say, a render. If it was a tracking device... hmm maybe. Speaking of which his(Bouchi) pendant had a cross inside, and I can't help but notice he didn't have his badge on. You'll remember from the images I unlocked from the official site, that Bouchi doesn't have it, s well as in the OP. So he wore it to appear as someone else? Hmmm...

By the way the other mystery...I seemed to have forgotten to mention, Bouchi knows the dove was given to her. Now how in the world did he know that, either Saturn Beaver's theories or my theories come into play, or, Bouchi knows more than just the future.

About the beginning of ep 09, little Keena look-alike wasn't there, right? Seems Sai's disbelief ran long before he met that girl.

I should also mention both Hattori and Teruya are apparently followers of Suhara. How's that for breakin' news

If Suhara is a fake, it would be, as in Tomorrow Never Dies, "playing both sides for fools".

Last edited by mangatron; 2010-05-29 at 08:25. Reason: thank you wireless carrier for being such a jerkweed.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 08:40   Link #1802
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
On top of the hologram thing, from what little we can see it seems like it's a silhouette of a grown woman, for it to be some small girl in the past is a bit unlikely. About the cross and the badge, I'm sure it's gonna play an important part somehow, there's too many focus for it otherwise. I wonder how though...maybe it got a connection with the hairpin, both being somewhat silvery small accessories?

About Bochi knowing about the dove, there's still the possibility that even though Akuto does gave it to Keena and neither of them knew Bochi, he could be spying on them somewhere off-camera. Would hate to see that happen, though. If not, then either Akuto's is mistaken and Bochi is the one who gave Keena the hairpin, or he at least plays a part somehow when it's Akuto giving it to Keena.

Yeah, Akuto seems a bit shorter too then, so I guess it's quite a while back before he went out of the church. Well, in a way, I'm not surprised that Teruya and Hattori clans are following the same God, but that's only because I thought there was only one. It's still possible though, even those who claim to have the same religion but different denominations could go into disagreements...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 09:27   Link #1803
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well, even though the pacing turning into hyper mode during the second half I still enjoyed the episode and actually like the speed in which it is going as opposed to a snail crawl, at least this way it feels more exciting. And what are the chances of Junko's sister being the idol Hiroshi fancies...not a good thing either since Akuto totally left the monster in her body to activate whilst he went to save Keena...Hiroshi isn't going to like that and if the idol dies well, you know who's going for revenge then don't you

And lol Fujiko bribing H snail with her panties ^^'

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 09:40   Link #1804
satomianzaki

^ i think akuto is already aware of that...like what Bouchi said, there's something in akuto's manna that activates monsters...

and upon knowing that there is some monster manna in yuri's body, he just...well...magically opened the tree to go and save kenna...he did not bother to get near yuri anymore...so i think the monster is not fully activated...well, i hope so...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2010-05-29 at 09:45. Reason: ...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 10:06   Link #1805
Xagzan

Poor adorable deredere Junko... Hate to see her cry. Although, he didn't really reject her feelings for him did he? He just doesn't know about them. And as much as I like her, he kinda couldn't just stay there and apologize right away. Couldn't just let Keena die I mean.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 10:12   Link #1806
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
On top of the hologram thing, from what little we can see it seems like it's a silhouette of a grown woman, for it to be some small girl in the past is a bit unlikely. About the cross and the badge, I'm sure it's gonna play an important part somehow, there's too many focus for it otherwise. I wonder how though...maybe it got a connection with the hairpin, both being somewhat silvery small accessories?

About Bochi knowing about the dove, there's still the possibility that even though Akuto does gave it to Keena and neither of them knew Bochi, he could be spying on them somewhere off-camera. Would hate to see that happen, though. If not, then either Akuto's is mistaken and Bochi is the one who gave Keena the hairpin, or he at least plays a part somehow when it's Akuto giving it to Keena.
I had this funny thought. What if Bouchi was the previous Maou? Hrm no never mind forget I said that

This series will probably never go into the details of the previous Maou... I'll pinch myself if they do.

Quote:
Well, in a way, I'm not surprised that Teruya and Hattori clans are following the same God, but that's only because I thought there was only one. It's still possible though, even those who claim to have the same religion but different denominations could go into disagreements...
I would say Eiko isn't really a bad person, now that I think about it. She merely looks like she's following orders, orders from a god who apparently designates hits on "dangerous" people. The same god who seems to also have ideals of righteous justice, unless that's solely a Hattori thing, unlikely though because it seems it ties heavily to Hattori's involvement with the god in the first place. So I would say, Teruya is unrighteous justice, and Hattori is righteous justice. Oh what a world they live in

Yes, I was wondering if there's a younger sister to Eiko as well, maybe with longer twintails in contrast to Yuri's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, even though the pacing turning into hyper mode during the second half I still enjoyed the episode and actually like the speed in which it is going as opposed to a snail crawl, at least this way it feels more exciting. And what are the chances of Junko's sister being the idol Hiroshi fancies...not a good thing either since Akuto totally left the monster in her body to activate whilst he went to save Keena...Hiroshi isn't going to like that and if the idol dies well, you know who's going for revenge then don't you

And lol Fujiko bribing H snail with her panties ^^'
Liking the episode because it didn't snail crawl... and lol'ing at hentai snail... someone likes the snail

So that's why Fujiko's been wearing those "game pantsu", except instead of winning over her brother she wins the heart of a snail Ah hentai snail, you luck SOB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
^ i think akuto is already aware of that...like what Bouchi said, there's something in akuto's manna that activates monsters...

and upon knowing that there is some monster manna in yuri's body, he just...well...magically opened the tree to go and save kenna...he did not bother to get near yuri anymore...so i think the monster is not fully activated...well, i hope so...
Yeah, that was mentioned in episode 08, that Sai's presence disturbs monsters. I know it's monster blood in her, but doesn't that effectively make her a monster? And then Brave'll have to slice her? Naw,.......this series isn't that dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Poor adorable deredere Junko... Hate to see her cry. Although, he didn't really reject her feelings for him did he? He just doesn't know about them. And as much as I like her, he kinda couldn't just stay there and apologize right away. Couldn't just let Keena die I mean.
It's tough for Junko, Sai hasn't really been taking her seriously all the way from ep 01, yet thinking about it, I think it's Junko doing most of the misunderstanding. Seems like Sai just viewed her nothing more than just a companion.
Old 2010-05-29, 10:34   Link #1807
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post

My thinking on Akuto's actions there are similar to yours. He left for 2 reasons. One, to go save Keina of course. Two, to distance himself from the activating monster in the hopes that would stop or at least slow the activation. Akuto knows his presence is the power source for the activation. Take away the source and the activation may stop. At least that's what I'm hoping Akuto was thinking then.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 10:50   Link #1808
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Akuto knows his presence is the power source for the activation. Take away the source and the activation may stop. At least that's what I'm hoping Akuto was thinking then.
That has to be the reason. He looked like he wanted to help her until Hiroshi said she had monster mana in her, at which point Akuto 180'd and dimensional tree'd it out of there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 10:51   Link #1809
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
My thinking on Akuto's actions there are similar to yours. He left for 2 reasons. One, to go save Keina of course. Two, to distance himself from the activating monster in the hopes that would stop or at least slow the activation. Akuto knows his presence is the power source for the activation. Take away the source and the activation may stop. At least that's what I'm hoping Akuto was thinking then.
I'm pretty sure the fact that if he stayed to help he could be helping what to him is practically a stranger, while he lets a friend die. Save those you know first.
Old 2010-05-29, 11:18   Link #1810
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It's tough for Junko, Sai hasn't really been taking her seriously all the way from ep 01, yet thinking about it, I think it's Junko doing most of the misunderstanding. Seems like Sai just viewed her nothing more than just a companion.
Well it's not like he outright shot her down(from his POV) He thought it was entirely forced on her, which is why he didn't go through with anything. Of course as this is harem Junko also misunderstands this and thinks he just rejected her and runs off.

Or that's at least how I understood the scene.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 11:55   Link #1811
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post
Well it's not like he outright shot her down(from his POV) He thought it was entirely forced on her, which is why he didn't go through with anything. Of course as this is harem Junko also misunderstands this and thinks he just rejected her and runs off.

I'm pretty sure you hit the nail on the head.
Old 2010-05-29, 12:26   Link #1812
Arkard

Hiroshi and Junko should team up to make their dreams come true!

If they work together and get Junko x Sai and Hiroshi x Yuuko = Sai and Hiroshi being brother in laws and gives Hiroshi the perfect cover to stay with his aniki forever

On a more serious note, kinda irked that the awesomeness of Yuuko being a ninja/idol is wasted on a side character and Hiroshi
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 13:03   Link #1813
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Hiroshi and Junko should team up to make their dreams come true!

If they work together and get Junko x Sai and Hiroshi x Yuuko = Sai and Hiroshi being brother in laws and gives Hiroshi the perfect cover to stay with his aniki forever

On a more serious note, kinda irked that the awesomeness of Yuuko being a ninja/idol is wasted on a side character and Hiroshi
Like I said earlier, I do not find her at all compelling, and sort of a waste of screentime they could use to better define the major plot points. What emotions she shows are very surreal and unexciting. They really don't need to do much to make her a more interesting character, and all I can see her being is a plot device if they don't change the presentation of her character.

And although the notion of the two couples is sort of compelling, I think it would somehow interfere with everyones favourite metro superhero(aquaman has been replaced).
Old 2010-05-29, 13:07   Link #1814
Pong

Watched ep 9...

Sai i just too noble for his own good

He though that Junko family was forcing her to do it and he isn't a type to just take advantage of the situation. Very noble but what he din't notice was that Junko wanted to go with it. And then Junko misunderstood him.... Oh man, I guess that what happens when you put two incredibly upright and incredibly awkward people next to each other

Well I guess they get together in the end, after all the misunderstandings are cleared.

And Junko was so cute this episode! She my favorite girl on this show. I like people like her always fun to watch
Spoiler for pic:

Plot got really confusing BTW: Gods are mana governing computer programs? They can't handle their own operating power so they want a human host? It's either Yamato or Keena but Yamato wanted to "free" them which they fear so they rejected him? So now only Keena is left? So why is one of them trying to kill her?

And Maou is so powerful because his mana access isn't governed by Gods so he can draw as much as he wants. And that's why he is viewed as dangerous.

I'll be damned. This anime should be at least twice as long to really get all of this explained.

And man Eiko is rotten to the core isn't she? Truly a unpleasant person

I wonder if something bad will happen to ninja-idol that will make Hiroshi confront Akuto. I can picture it in my mind:

Hiroshi: Aniki how could you not help Yuuko ?! That was mean! I've had chance with her and now she turned into a monster! You damn cockblocker!

Spoiler for Sai:

PS: tsunade666 were the novels translated into english or did you read them in original? Where did you found them.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 13:11   Link #1815
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
Hi, welcome to the club. You can take your seat where ever it pleases you
Also, would you care for some alcoholic coffee ?

..aah the horrors of misplaced expectations T__T
Haa... *sits down*
2 cups, please~

It wasn't that misplaced. I mean, the first couple of episodes were really enjoyable.
...Who would have knew it was going to turn out like this at that time...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 13:21   Link #1816
mangatron

phone post

lol @ the "brothers" marrying the sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post

That's how I viewed it too. It's just, I'm talking about how the moments she had with Sai so far were so obviously a misunderstanding, but I guess inexperience on both sides contributed heavily to that. From ep 01's dorm scene, to ep 03's clash, to ep 05's hot spring, to so on and so forth to the present day, her chances never looked like a romantic situation. Compared to Keena, her escapades with Sai involved a lot more skinship, both...visibly and invisible

I wanted to see Eiko wrap her legs around something in this episode. Hell, I don't care if she wraps her legs around a tree, just... wrap something, girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Haa... *sits down*
2 cups, please~

It wasn't that misplaced. I mean, the first couple of episodes were really enjoyable.
...Who would have knew it was going to turn out like this at that time...
Uh... we all did?

Looks like we'll need to build a cafe

(no I'm not going to sleep)
Old 2010-05-29, 14:48   Link #1817
eiyuu99

Weird that Keena gets more "attention" from god than Akuto, a future Maou.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 14:55   Link #1818
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Weird that Keena gets more "attention" from god than Akuto, a future Maou.
Also seems weird that they are trying to kill their wanted host. Or maybe the dove is the real host?
Old 2010-05-29, 15:04   Link #1819
Nosauz

the most blatant plot hole is he tree warps himself... he could of done that when he was fighting the iga ninjas in the house, but if forced him to run. It's just hilariously bad.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 15:07   Link #1820
kitten320

Finally things got really spiced up. Looks like you guys were right about one thing, Keena is special though all her actions before still seem to be just coinsidence and she really is an airhead. Unless she is playing an act but I seriously doubt it concidering that she was just a breath from death.

Finally cool Etou is back! I wonder if all mosters were bought by her underwear

But didn't get the whole teleportation thingy... how did he do it? He never knew about such power and then boom! And if he did know then why ask Korone to teleportate him?

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen