Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 00:05   Link #141
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termina
Love is control. You can only love someone when you have complete control over their mind and body.
I call that infatuation. Like when you want to have control over their lives.

Quote:
You can't respsect someone you love, because you can't respect someone weaker than you.
Like respect your buddy-friends, but sure don't love them!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:08   Link #142
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Love is control. You can only love someone when you have complete control over their mind and body.

You can only love someone who is willing to do anything and everything to please you, and you can only love someone when they are the weaker of the pair.

Besides that, love is nonexistant. Pain and pleasure in a relationship can take the form of something like love though, which might be kind of where you were going with your inane quote there.

You can't respsect someone you love, because you can't respect someone weaker than you.
well... i guess even a sadist can have a meaning of love. <_<

Love is hatred. A burning hatred that eats you alive because you can't vent it You can't vent it because you tell yourself you are happy when you aren't. You make promises to yourself to devote yourself completely but you can't completely. And that is why you are far more likely to be killed by someone you love than a stranger.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:10   Link #143
Termina
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Termina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I call that infatuation. Like when you want to have control over their lives.

Like respect your buddy-friends, but sure don't love them!

Exactly. You cannot love your friends, but you can respsect them. You can't have both.

Infatuation? I suppose. Infatuation is love.
Termina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:24   Link #144
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

I'll foreword you some of my emails, hot webcam girl keeps telling me she loves me, I bet she knows the true answer. She might charge you 19.95/month for the answer, but its probally worth it.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:34   Link #145
Aaron_b
The Missing Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClessAlvein
Wow, the Internet really brings out the freak show.
Hmm.... perhaps we should touch on our more sensitive sides? Relationships are like houses...

"They need to be grounded on solid foundations of concrete and love. Support beams of trust -- friendship -- sex are important to develop the additional levels. Walls of sharing and caring will keep you warm. An electrical system of passion and a septic system of dialogue are necessary, too! Don't forget to install enough outlets and phone jacks! A roof is one of the most important features of any enclosure (thus the name). In a house, shingles, tile or tarpaper are useful, but these items do not help a relationship the way they should.

"I find knowledge in toiletries is the perfect "roof" to any relationship. Remember, relationships, like houses, are not formed in a day so don't rush them, unless of course, you are just planning on renting and don't really care about your security deposit. My last landlord said I stained the pipes! Jerk." Then again... that doesn't have too much to do with the topic at hand...
Aaron_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:23   Link #146
HoboGod
Necromancer

@ClessAlvein
Oh, yea, and i'm sure your views and opinions are far superior to everyone else, EXPECIALLY the people you have labels for. *rolls eyes*

I'm not trying to be angsty or anything, all i'm saying is that people shouldn't try to find love in people or things around them. People should try obtaining happiness without needing devotion, creativity without needing conformity, spirituality without needing religion... and having compassion without needing relation. To me, love is nothing more than conflicting judgement and emotion.
Old 2004-11-30, 14:01   Link #147
100demons
F-Bomb

Love? Yeah, its good stuff. I'll be married by next year so that answers that question. It can be really scary. Putting yourself out there with a woman can make you very vulnerable, but thats what life is all about, taking chances.
100demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 16:12   Link #148
ManGeKyou ShaRinGaN

ive been in love ... but sadly .. the grl left me aside and went off with another guy .. :'( .. some ppl can be soo cruel .
ManGeKyou ShaRinGaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 19:09   Link #149
HoboGod
Necromancer

heh, the "meaning of love" thread got merged with the "have you ever been in love" thread... aren't these 2 completely different topics? One debates the definition of a rather vauge emotion and the other is a topic to share experiances in sexual attraction.

ah well, who the hell am i to complain? it's not like people would actually identify with my views and opinions anyway.
Old 2004-11-30, 21:11   Link #150
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Whats is this love you speak of?..... I thought that only happened in Anime.
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 22:03   Link #151
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
heh, the "meaning of love" thread got merged with the "have you ever been in love" thread... aren't these 2 completely different topics? One debates the definition of a rather vauge emotion and the other is a topic to share experiances in sexual attraction.

ah well, who the hell am i to complain? it's not like people would actually identify with my views and opinions anyway.
I would want to identify with your views and opinions, but I doubt you'll really welcome it

Merging of topics is confusing...it's easier for me to keep track of many short topics than a few topics each many miles long.

Now to answer the have you ever been in love" thread, no. Gazillion crushes, no loves. And what's the point. There is no need to reproduce in this overpopulated world. I'm not going to pump out some kid who will join an army and fight for the greed of our political leaders. I am just under a year to hitting 25, the age this guy mentioned is when we truly come to terms with who we are. I'm still a little boy, and I need to find my dream first, otherwise there is nothing I can share.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 22:08   Link #152
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I would want to identify with your views and opinions, but I doubt you'll really welcome it
Oh, and what is that supposed to mean? *glares*
Old 2004-11-30, 22:20   Link #153
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
This may be a very personal question but thought hey lets all share experiences..
So have you ever been in LOVE???
What was the out come? and would you ever what to be in love again?

Me:I think so....
The outcome was bad, he was too old for me my mum hated him and i doubt he really loved me back any way and people always said "its puppy love" (puppy love my A**) :-(
If being in love feels like how i felt i dont ever want to love again,
I wish sometimes i had a restart button where i could just wish we'd never met to spare my self the heart ache...

How did you feel?
Have I ever been in love, thats really none of your bussiness and I read your disclaimer message however that question is too personal and way too outrageous, according to your profile your only 13, aren't you a little too young to be asking those questions ? . Take my advice kid wait until you grow up and then find out what its like for yourself.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 22:55   Link #154
Sheriff lobo

love stinks....with that said yes ive been in love or should i say am in love, but things dont ever work out the way you want them to

Another question for everyone and perhaps it could help in my decision whether or not to "end" it. Does long distance relationships last?
Sheriff lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 23:05   Link #155
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Are you shure its not lust, or somthing like that.... Also, Love is not a Sexual thing, I can guess.
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 23:17   Link #156
Shinn
Orooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Have I ever been in love, thats really none of your bussiness and I read your disclaimer message however that question is too personal and way too outrageous, according to your profile your only 13, aren't you a little too young to be asking those questions ? . Take my advice kid wait until you grow up and then find out what its like for yourself.
If you feel this topic is too personal, don’t bother to post. She had just experienced one of the crappier moments of life and is looking for people to relate to. Love can happen anywhere any time… it has nothing to do with being 13. Hell I fell in love with a girl with I was 9 -.-. and I was oppressed with her until I was 12. Unfortunately that didn’t exactly work out… she dumped me to date the captain of the basketball team. After that, love hasn’t really been much for me anymore, other than petit crushes, oppression hasn’t happened yet.

Being in love has its up and downs, especially if this is your first time, the highs are so enjoyable, while the downs can cause depressions and some serious problems in common teen life.Love always leads to pain, emotional damage, self delusion, oppression, and soon or later the gradual evaporation of the feelings you had for each other. But just the thought of cuddling someone you love close in a romantic scenery… for me it’s worth it.
Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 00:37   Link #157
ff7799
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn
If you feel this topic is too personal, don’t bother to post. She had just experienced one of the crappier moments of life and is looking for people to relate to. Love can happen anywhere any time… it has nothing to do with being 13. Hell I fell in love with a girl with I was 9 -.-. and I was oppressed with her until I was 12. Unfortunately that didn’t exactly work out… she dumped me to date the captain of the basketball team. After that, love hasn’t really been much for me anymore, other than petit crushes, oppression hasn’t happened yet.

Being in love has its up and downs, especially if this is your first time, the highs are so enjoyable, while the downs can cause depressions and some serious problems in common teen life.Love always leads to pain, emotional damage, self delusion, oppression, and soon or later the gradual evaporation of the feelings you had for each other. But just the thought of cuddling someone you love close in a romantic scenery… for me it’s worth it.
Your also too young, being 15 with a opinion on what love is really comes off as hilarious, kids seem to think they know what love is however they really don't. At 9 you can't know what the love of a relationship is, you can have a crush but its not love, kids confuse love with crushes, and adults confuse love with lust, at your age you cannot know what it means to love another person in a intimate sense. I'am not even sure I know what love is and I'am 21, its takes a lifetime to learn what love is and I'am insulted that you actually think by 9 you had fully grasped the concept of loving another person in a intimate sense.
Old 2004-12-01, 00:52   Link #158
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
well
i find it even more hilarious that he was "oppressed" by her
hehehheheeh

hell, if Bono can tell people how to attain world peace
15 year olds can tell us what love is

just point and laugh
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 01:13   Link #159
ff7799
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
well
i find it even more hilarious that he was "oppressed" by her
hehehheheeh

hell, if Bono can tell people how to attain world peace
15 year olds can tell us what love is

just point and laugh
Yep my point has been made. Its pointless to debate with someone one has just begun to live. Most people in their 20's still don't know what love is, and this is obvious since their are so many divorces among young married couples. What simple funny is that all people under 18 think they know what love is, kids and adults just can't tell the difference between love and like, these two are very different and if you marry someone that you simply just like then you'll end up regretting the whole thing. This is another reason why their are so many pregnancy's by underage kids, all of this happens when emotions, and hormones come into play and kids just don't know what to think, personally I blame the parents because parents don't talk to their kids and its very true.
Old 2004-12-01, 01:21   Link #160
uglypigs

i thought i was in love, but then she asked for the 20 bucks.
uglypigs is offline   Reply With Quote