AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-13, 07:36   Link #5601
saviork

what's the minimum requirement to create a guild, is it "9" or "41" or something else?
saviork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 07:46   Link #5602
Breimn

More than members i think it is the items to make a guild weapon.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 08:19   Link #5603
saviork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
More than members i think it is the items to make a guild weapon.
Does that mean 2 people or even 1 person can create a guild? That seems so wrong to me.
Old 2015-09-13, 08:33   Link #5604
Daryl
Foliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviork View Post
Does that mean 2 people or even 1 person can create a guild? That seems so wrong to me.
Not really though. If you're by yourself in the first place, it'll be hard to gather enough members before creating the guild itself. If you made the guild beforehand with only yourself, you can just start inviting people to become members.

Current MMOs that I used to play like Dragon Nest and RO2 are like this, even I immediately made a guild by myself after making a new character in Dragon Nest just so I can get the advantages and rewards of joining a guild (getting a title and +50% exp) then immediately disbanded it after the effects wear off.
Old 2015-09-13, 08:35   Link #5605
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It varies from MMO to MMO, some require a certain number of people while others only require one person (Guild Master). I don't believe it has even been stated the minimum number of members in YGGDRASIL guilds.

We do know, however, that the guild only had 41 members (some say 42 because Momonga had 41 people on his friends list) because the requirements to join were very restrictive and at some point there were members from other guilds that would try to infiltrate different guilds in order to steal information. The guild, having some paranoid people (just look at Momonga) promptly stopped their recruitment process and ended up with only a few members compared to other guilds.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 08:59   Link #5606
Breimn

According to oldspoilers from 4chan(busy so wont check wikia if true)
Spoiler for ??:
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 09:14   Link #5607
SifaV6

Quote:
what's the minimum requirement to create a guild, is it "9" or "41" or something else?
I'm not sure about the minimum number, but a guild needs at least 41 members to be considered as upper tier.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 10:30   Link #5608
saviork

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Spoiler for ??:
Spoiler for ??:

Last edited by saviork; 2015-09-13 at 11:23.
Old 2015-09-13, 11:42   Link #5609
Hidfe

I think that the highest amount of WC Items that someone else than Ainz Oal Gown has being just three is wrong.
There are basically 2 possibilities.
1) The possession of WC Items is somewhere announced/documented. If this would be the case than weaker guilds or people without guild affiliation would never be able to keep their WC items. If you are the guild master of the first ranked guild and you see guild XY which is ranked somewhere between 50-800 has a WC item then you will try to steal it from them. I would think this is common sense in a PVP game with balance breaking items.
2) The second possibility seems far more likely. The possessor of WC items is not announced in which case nobody would know who has how many WC items. There would be some known because either forced to use or they dropped during some event but weaker(and stronger guilds/players) wouldn’t announce their number of WC items because they are absolute trump cards and would invite jealous people who want to steal it from them.
So I think the 3 WC items that some other guild has are just the publically known items but the higher ranked guilds have at least the same amount or even a higher amount of WC items as AOG
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 12:10   Link #5610
Znail

Quote:
Spoiler for ??:
There were an official member that were humanoid, the creator of the gender bent twins were supposedly also a Dark Elf like them. I guess she was made an exception due to Dark Elves also being persecuted.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 12:19   Link #5611
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
There were an official member that were humanoid, the creator of the gender bent twins were supposedly also a Dark Elf like them. I guess she was made an exception due to Dark Elves also being persecuted.
No, the creator of the dark elves twin is an elder slime, who happen to be a seiyuu. The dark elf member created last born I think, it's not confirm.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 12:22   Link #5612
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
I think that the highest amount of WC Items that someone else than Ainz Oal Gown has being just three is wrong.
There are basically 2 possibilities.
1) The possession of WC Items is somewhere announced/documented. If this would be the case than weaker guilds or people without guild affiliation would never be able to keep their WC items. If you are the guild master of the first ranked guild and you see guild XY which is ranked somewhere between 50-800 has a WC item then you will try to steal it from them. I would think this is common sense in a PVP game with balance breaking items.
2) The second possibility seems far more likely. The possessor of WC items is not announced in which case nobody would know who has how many WC items. There would be some known because either forced to use or they dropped during some event but weaker(and stronger guilds/players) wouldn’t announce their number of WC items because they are absolute trump cards and would invite jealous people who want to steal it from them.
So I think the 3 WC items that some other guild has are just the publically known items but the higher ranked guilds have at least the same amount or even a higher amount of WC items as AOG
Well given it sounds like you need a world class item to counter a World class item what you are describing is likely very risky as it would be just as easy for the atackers to lose their World Class item (and this might be the logical reason the tomb has so many as guilds would take theirs in to raid only to lose it). Also just knowing a guild has one might not help they would need to both know where it is and be able to get to it, IE the guild has a hidden vault that only the guildmaster and some select few even know the location. Also throw into the mix if there is some sort of faction system in the game the guild might not be able to be attacked by the higher tier guilds because they are the same faction
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 13:16   Link #5613
saviork

Quote:
As stated in Yggdrasil’s settings, each death causes the loss of 5 levels and the dropping of an equipped item. If the a character has five or less levels, the character will disappear after death. But because a player has a special protection, they will not disappear, instead, the level will be reduced to one. The advantage of the "rebirth", "resurrection of the dead", and other resurrection magic, is that it could reduce the loss of levels. Furthermore, if you used the right item, you would only need pay little experience. It's simpler for NPCs. For as long as the guild pays the resurrection fee which scales with the NPC's level, the resurrection will have no effect. ~ Vol 1 Ch 2
Please help me guys. Does this mean NPC loses level/exp too or not?
Old 2015-09-13, 13:25   Link #5614
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Please help me guys. Does this mean NPC loses level/exp too or not?
seems quite clear, as long as the guild pays no level loss.
Old 2015-09-13, 13:42   Link #5615
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well given it sounds like you need a world class item to counter a World class item what you are describing is likely very risky as it would be just as easy for the atackers to lose their World Class item (and this might be the logical reason the tomb has so many as guilds would take theirs in to raid only to lose it). Also just knowing a guild has one might not help they would need to both know where it is and be able to get to it, IE the guild has a hidden vault that only the guildmaster and some select few even know the location. Also throw into the mix if there is some sort of faction system in the game the guild might not be able to be attacked by the higher tier guilds because they are the same faction
Well most WC items do not have an AOE effect or they have very specific uses. For example the gauntlet that sucks in EXP or Longinus. Ouroboros and Five Elements Overcoming cannot be even used immediately because the game company has to update the server first. Ahura Mazda is also useless if the enemy doesn’t have someone with negative karma in their party. I doubt downfall of castle or country can stop an army and so on. So no you don’t need to bring your own WC item to counter the one from the enemy.
There are probably jobs than can find and enter hidden treasure rooms once you have conquered the enemy base. I doubt it is possible to avoid conflict by taking the treasures and the guild weapon and flee, after all the company even introduced a system like Area Doom to keep it fair.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 14:37   Link #5616
Namorax

Quote:
YGGDRASIL's minimum requirement was never stated. The "original nine" were just some random players who played together, and somewhere down the line they found more friends and ultimately created the guild Ainz Ooal Gown.

I remember discussing this question with the others, but the raw didn't seem to indicate that you need "41" players to create a guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
*snip*
We do know, however, that the guild only had 41 members (some say 42 because Momonga had 41 people on his friends list)*snip*.
Well... If Momonga has 42 people on his list...
AOG has 41 members, that means apart from Momonga there were 40 others because having yourself on your own friendlist doesn't make any sense. We know that one of the guildmembers had a sister (dark elf) who had been allowed to have a look at her sister's "famous" guild.
That still leaves one unknown entry on Momonga's friendlist if my math is correct.

Quote:
Spoiler for ??:
If that happened, we will learn more about that in the next volumes.

Also, that person wasn't really a member. It was only stated that she was allowed to enter Nazarick (like Tsuare), but that doesn't automatically mean she became a member. It should be possible to visit other players' bases.

IIRC, you need a Ring of AOG to teleport inside the tomb and you are forced to acquire one from killing guildmembers if you want to enter the treasury.
Seeing Ainz' security measures with the avatara and Pandora, it is possible to get a ring of Ainz Ooal Gown despite not being a member of the guild. Keeping that in mind it is easy to see that that person didn't have to join the guild of her sister just because she wanted to have a look
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 20:07   Link #5617
bloodyriders

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Personally I want to see mare beat zesshi. The reaction from zesshi and the captain dude would be hilarious. The only way zesshi can post a challenge for shalltar even when shalltar is not full equip is if zesshi have a world class item otherwise I don't see how she would have a chance even with more than one divine class item, Mayr if she know a couple 10th tier holy spell, then she might be able to handle shalltar.
Maybe that dark elf was rogue? And she suddenly found area of doom that lead her to treasury, decipher the password, and found one world class item, and she was escape from treasury before founded by pandora or fled from pandora after she got it. Or maybe there is some reason.

Anyway, did world class item increase the stats? Like equiping it will greatly increase the stat.
Because the granny from black scripture that have kei seke soku didn't die even after pierced by shalltear's javelin skill, while we know human in new world was extremely weak.
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 21:22   Link #5618
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyriders View Post
Maybe that dark elf was rogue? And she suddenly found area of doom that lead her to treasury, decipher the password, and found one world class item, and she was escape from treasury before founded by pandora or fled from pandora after she got it. Or maybe there is some reason.

Anyway, did world class item increase the stats? Like equiping it will greatly increase the stat.
Because the granny from black scripture that have kei seke soku didn't die even after pierced by shalltear's javelin skill, while we know human in new world was extremely weak.
No, It's not. That granny survived because the javelin have been block by a BS before it hit her so its damage had been reduced.
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 21:44   Link #5619
bloodyriders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
No, It's not. That granny survived because the javelin have been block by a BS before it hit her so its damage had been reduced.
I know that very well, but was the damage reduced that greatly? If that item didn't gave any stats and like use a normal clothes, she will be dead immediately, since purifying javelin is one of the strongest spell that shalltear have (3 time use per day, i'm not sure if its fire power was low, and we talking about nazarick standard power, not new world standard power)

And i didn't believe if all of black scripture equipment that time was minimal legendary (and shalltear stated that one of their equipment can match her spuit lance). Well, i simply not really believe it because rough estimation in this LN can be completely wrong (like when ainz thought that nigun's crystal was seraph angel only based on its light, and instead the one that appear was dominion, which is much lower than seraph)
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 21:54   Link #5620
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyriders View Post
I know that very well, but was the damage reduced that greatly? If that item didn't gave any stats and like use a normal clothes, she will be dead immediately, since purifying javelin is one of the strongest spell that shalltear have (3 time use per day, i'm not sure if its fire power was low, and we talking about nazarick standard power, not new world standard power)
Probbaly because she was wearing an WCI item also do something with that, but only because the Javelin hit it first, i dont think it has anything to do with stats and also the fact that woman was allowed to wear an WCI prove that she is not a mormal woman (there is a possibility that she is a God-kin too)
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination