AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-01, 09:39   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good morning ladies and gents. How is everyone doing? It's been a long time coming for a Gin-Matsumoto talk. Considering how ambiguous the pairing talks tend to be in Bleach, Matsumoto--Gin gets a lot of pull. Naturally I was very excited when Gin took Matsumoto somewhere away to talk. So when Kubo came in short, the disappointment was bitter. 300+ episodes later, that was the best he could do about those two? Kubo isn't even trying anymore, is he? Well, I haven't seen this week's episode yet. Not exactly sure what I'm going to get, but I know I probably won't seen another Matsumoto - Gin in same screen in a while.. One thing I was pretty glad about... which was to see the bwahahaha guy was resurrected. It was shocking to find out last year that the VA for bwahaha guy comitted suicide, so some tribute to the character he once brought to life was very nice touch. I enjoyed that portion too.

Anyway, have fun watching.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2011-02-01, 09:48   Link #2
Mr. Anon-san

Butterflaizen, I choose you!

I did like the whole "Undercover agent, Gin" part, his true intentions could be briefly seen from some previous episodes, and it's been quite... hm... awesome to see Aizen with a hole in his chest as the culmination...
...and then the inevitable "Keikaku dorii..." from Aizen.

Also, implied "spiritual raep" on Matsumoto (Gin flashback near the end) from Aizen and his underlings?
Old 2011-02-01, 10:00   Link #3
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Hello everyone! Hello monir! Hello Lumir!

Hahaha!!! Sorry for the lack of presence, sometimes, you just can't see a week has already passed...^^;

Anyway, I've just watched the episode, and I really enjoyed it!

First, it's been so long since I read that part of the story that I forgot how entertaining Mizuiro could be =D
Second, Gin's true motive is finally revealed. His parts kept me attentive the whole time (not to mention, he looked lovely as a kid!). The hole he digged into Aizen's chest was no less impressive than the one Ichigo got from Ulqui O_O;
Last, ButterflAizen has just arrived -_-
Old 2011-02-01, 10:07   Link #4
Jerseykid

If the Hougyoku grants the desires of those around it then did Gin simply make the mistake of not going far enough away with it before Aizen went butterfree.

Also do we have to ultimately consider Gin as a good guy now? I am trying to remember if he actually killed anyone who was innocent since the first time we saw him or just a lot of wounding/going through the motions.

Also also, I hope this doesn't rob us of seeing any possible second form Gin had.
Old 2011-02-01, 10:51   Link #5
Langus
Optimus Prime

I've been waiting ages to see this episode. It was well done IMO. They could have delved into the Gin/Ran past more and added some detail Kubo annoyingly left out in the manga but apart from that it was fine.

Gin = Awesome
Old 2011-02-01, 11:39   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
If the Hougyoku grants the desires of those around it then did Gin simply make the mistake of not going far enough away with it before Aizen went butterfree.

Also do we have to ultimately consider Gin as a good guy now? I am trying to remember if he actually killed anyone who was innocent since the first time we saw him or just a lot of wounding/going through the motions.

Also also, I hope this doesn't rob us of seeing any possible second form Gin had.
Hard to remember if he's killed anyone innocent on screen. Though certainly didn't do anything to stop the deaths of those who did die to this point. Plus what the heck was Gin thinking waiting this long to make his move? I mean seriously he waits until Aizen gains near immortality and then he makes his big move!? There's being patient and there is being an idiot.

At least this buys the regular characters some time. Ichigo seriously needs to pick up the pace though now Aizen has gotten to be even more hax than before. Though doesn't seem like Gin has much time left. Wonder how Ichigo is supposed to kill Aizen without turning the city to ash.
Old 2011-02-01, 11:43   Link #7
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

For all the anime watchers out there, do NOT and I repeat...do NOT watch the preview for the next episode!

As for this episode, gawd Gin you so bad@$$ son
Old 2011-02-01, 12:20   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Hard to remember if he's killed anyone innocent on screen. Though certainly didn't do anything to stop the deaths of those who did die to this point. Plus what the heck was Gin thinking waiting this long to make his move? I mean seriously he waits until Aizen gains near immortality and then he makes his big move!? There's being patient and there is being an idiot.

At least this buys the regular characters some time. Ichigo seriously needs to pick up the pace though now Aizen has gotten to be even more hax than before. Though doesn't seem like Gin has much time left. Wonder how Ichigo is supposed to kill Aizen without turning the city to ash.
theres also not being able to figure out the secret to Aizens sword without getting suspected...
Old 2011-02-01, 12:35   Link #9
Mr. Anon-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Plus what the heck was Gin thinking waiting this long to make his move? I mean seriously he waits until Aizen gains near immortality and then he makes his big move!? There's being patient and there is being an idiot.
The way I see it (based on what's shown in previous episodes) is Gin was merely giving everybody from the Gotei a chance to fight Aizen and see if there's anyone capable of killing him before he did. You may remember the remarks he gave to Ichigo when fighting him in FKT ("you're not suited to fight Aizen" etc.).
This episode, he said that he was nervous because of the "chance" somebody actually did manage to kill Aizen, but by doing that he showed that there's no one that could and prevented "Oh, Gin, if you hadn't killed him before I/we had a chance, I/we would.", even if it means going against a near-immortal Aizen.
Basically, it was more exciting to him this way. Although, yeah, it backfired...

The next few episodes are gonna have epic moments.
Old 2011-02-01, 12:53   Link #10
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anon-san View Post
The way I see it (based on what's shown in previous episodes) is Gin was merely giving everybody from the Gotei a chance to fight Aizen and see if there's anyone capable of killing him before he did. You may remember the remarks he gave to Ichigo when fighting him in FKT ("you're not suited to fight Aizen" etc.).
This episode, he said that he was nervous because of the "chance" somebody actually did manage to kill Aizen, but by doing that he showed that there's no one that could and prevented "Oh, Gin, if you hadn't killed him before I/we had a chance, I/we would.", even if it means going against a near-immortal Aizen.
Basically, it was more exciting to him this way. Although, yeah, it backfired...

The next few episodes are gonna have epic moments.
Though if Aizen got killed by someone from the Gotei before he even attempted to kill Aizen, then how does he prove his innocence? Lawl
Old 2011-02-01, 13:11   Link #11
Mr. Anon-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Though if Aizen got killed by someone from the Gotei before he even attempted to kill Aizen, then how does he prove his innocence? Lawl
Good point. Although one could argue that Gin doesn't give a damn about innocence or what Gotei think of him altogether. Being able to beat someone whom noone could, trumps all that "innocence in the eyes of Gotei" stuff. He certainly doesn't seem to care about Kira, thinks Matsumoto as a nuisance, or anything related to Gotei doesn't seem to influence him away from his "kill the one noone could" goal.
Would Yamamoto treat him as innocent even if he did manage to kill Aizen?
Old 2011-02-01, 14:18   Link #12
Pa1n

I really hope Aizen will kill those anooying kids , which THE ANOOYING part that they are awake or can run. bullshit
Old 2011-02-01, 14:23   Link #13
Fran~
floating away...

Jebus Gin... thanks for make Lillymon, sorry, Aizen, really mad... >_<
Old 2011-02-01, 16:46   Link #14
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post

Considering that good guys don't die in Bleach... no.
If not to count minor shinigamis, like for example those is Pendulum arc.

It was a nice episode which I did enjoy but sadly it is also the episode where Gin gets majorly trolled... I mean couldn't he stab Aizen when he was still in human form? Why in the world did he have to attack Aizen when he had transformed in god knows what and has hougyouko inside of him? Gin obviouly knew nothing about those transformation so why attack now of all times? His whole planning was simply wasted for nothing and for no reason, someone as clever as him should have seen that coming!

So yeh major Gin trolling here.
At least he made a huge hole in Aizen's body (first one to come so close to killing him) and he had some aweasome screenshots here.

Goodbye the best male character in the series, you were the only one keeping my attention lately.

Looks like he also said his goodbyes in the special.

Now we need to wait for Ichigo to come with big fly/butterfly smasher and smash Aizen... how boring...

Kubo really could make an exception and make someone else kill Aizen instead of repetitive Ichigo.
I would laugh hard if by the time Ichigo had finished his training and came to fight, Aizen would be already on the ground while others are having a tea party.
Old 2011-02-01, 16:47   Link #15
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I'll be watching early FINALLY!!
Old 2011-02-01, 17:19   Link #16
Knjaz

Good they didnt put anything important in preview. Next weeks gonna be epic.
Old 2011-02-01, 18:18   Link #17
Kallen4life

pretty sure Gin didn't give a damn about proving his 'innocence' and tbh there's no way they wouldn't execute/sentence him in SS even if he did kill Aizen (remember ? SS ? laws made to screw you up .. worst heaven ever)

anyway, Gin alone makes this awesome, otherwise I liked absolutely nothing so far ever since Yama-jii's fight (okay, maybe Yoruichi was hot .. okay, not maybe, definitely hot .. but that's it)

A wild Flyzen appears !

Quote:
I mean couldn't he stab Aizen when he was still in human form?
apparently he really wanted SS to fight Aizen first .. but after Yama-jii finally went down after the 96 kido spell, Gin wasn't alone with Aizen until they went to Fake Karakura (Aizen was already transformed by then) .. then he had to take care of Rangiku .. and, as I understand, he actually needs Kyuoka Suigetsu to be unsheathed so that he can freely grab it before using his lolBankai .. pretty sure he can't just grab KS from Aizen, he needs Aizen to take it out
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2011-02-01 at 20:05.
Old 2011-02-01, 19:54   Link #18
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
A wild Flyzen appears !
Blasphemy! He is an adorable butterfly.

Okay, the adorable part might be stretching things a bit...

What a way for Gin to come out of the closet. For Aizen-sama's sake I hope Gin is dead. He only waited few millennium to have his chance to stab Aizen-sama just because he was the leader of the group that likes to beat up little girls Gin was interested in. I can only imagine how long Gin will wait to exert his vengeance now that Aizen-sama has tried to cut him.

The highlight of this episode still belongs in the last... This following line requires CAP...

BLEACH HAS ROMANCE!

Shocking, isn't it?

I think it's now official that Gin + Matsumoto is the first recognized pairing by none other than the idiot, Kubo. Please don't try to stop me from praising Kubo, okay? I don't say it often about Kubo, but at a boy. You might not have any talent at telling a sustainable story... no no.. let me rephrase.... you have absolutely no talent at telling a story, but you are certainly patient when it comes to labeling the official tag of romance and give your cursed blessing at a pairing. Cursed it is for Gin is probably dead and boobarella is seriously injured. I'll stop the Kubo-praise here cause it might get to his head.

Episode was entertaining once I started thinking in a certain way to intake the contents.

Hai hellychan! *waves*
Old 2011-02-01, 20:24   Link #19
Ichimaru

for those that say gin shouldve fought aizen when in FKT is wrong when so many fighters on the battlefield would just get in his way what he needs to do.....then again aizen already casted shikai on the field and it was a disadvantage to fight him and also be under total hypnosis...

it wouldve been great had one of them students saw what gin was doing against aizen, then maybe they could report back he was a good guy, as far as anyone concern no-one knows his true motives...so how can they forgive him
Old 2011-02-01, 20:28   Link #20
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Kubo massacred Gin's character in my opinion