4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-16, 20:51   Link #81
Komitadji

Am I the only one asking the question about Gi Batos (Dianna's 'giant' brother) - of what sort of pagan deity he may be...???

I noticed he was introduced in the same episode as the tale of the Yoitsu destroying Bear god was first told... but that might be a bit out of character for him I think...
Old 2009-08-16, 23:26   Link #82
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I doubt he's a god at all. He calls her "nee-san" out of respect, not because they're the same family.
Old 2009-08-17, 04:09   Link #83
Mr. Anime

he is DEFINATELY no god for 2 reasons

1) like anh minh said he calls her nee-san out of respect and admiration because she is more knowledgeable about pagan legens.

2) U HAVE TO BE A HOT CHICK TO BECOME A GOD^^
Old 2009-08-17, 10:52   Link #84
bekyuubi

Lawrence is made up of 100% sheep when Horo is with him. After which if Horo is MIA, he regains his business senses.
Old 2009-08-17, 14:48   Link #85
Dop
Mmmm....

During the 'fire' scene, I was half expecting someone to start singing 'Summer is icumen in'...

Although burning your wicker man in the city centre is a bit reckless, as others have pointed out
Old 2009-08-17, 16:32   Link #86
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
During the 'fire' scene, I was half expecting someone to start singing 'Summer is icumen in'...

Although burning your wicker man in the city centre is a bit reckless, as others have pointed out
the original wicker man movies were insane...and when the strawman showed up in S&Wolf, I was half expecting some human sacrifices...
Old 2009-08-19, 02:28   Link #87
darknile

I finally got around to this episode. Still haven't read the novels or even the manga. Don't wanna go to it until this anime finishes though. Lmao, Holo (bear with me on that) totally was doing it all for Lawrence in the first place! Deanna did a good deed too trying to let Holo hear Lawrence's feelings. LOL

This woman totally pwns every inu/kitsune girl ever created! Holo's wits are so sharp her teeth never get dull. Beauty, brains, and a whole lot of wisdom... As for how the hell Lawrence can keep his pants on around her I'd like to know. Finally got to watch episode 0 too with Nola and Holo in it!

I LOVE this SHOW!

No pity for Amati, he got his lessons and they'll make him a bit wiser too. "Punishment for going after another man's woman." lmao at that.
Overall this arc had my heart twisted up and miserable. But in the end all was well and I didn't get a heart attack!
Old 2009-08-19, 07:10   Link #88
ajunta

I saw in my 55 years thousands of animes. but i realy love this show.
Old 2009-08-19, 10:03   Link #89
FTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajunta View Post
I saw in my 55 years thousands of animes. but i realy love this show.
Thats indeed an remarkable commendation for the show!
Old 2009-08-19, 23:55   Link #90
ac3y

Wow... this arc was just emotionally exhausting.
So many ups and downs...
Old 2009-08-20, 00:55   Link #91
Lightly_Toasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

So in the end, Lawrence failed the test in my eyes. He isn't the brightest businessman there and relies too much on others for help. If it wasn't for that kid to snap him out of his childish "all hope is lost" mind set, Amarti would have won. Such a shame that Amarti became such a big roadkill too and the leaving words were "you shouldn't steal someone else's woman"...talk about harsh

I don't think Lawrence failed completely. Though he was too flustered to realize Horo wanted him to sell early for a greater profit, its because of Laurence's charisma that he was able to get through it all. Even if one is facing a great trial, often times one's greatest assets can be the help of others. And Lawrence is one of the smartest businessmen I'd say, though he would have ended up losing money, he realized some things were more important than money. Not only that, but Lawrence managed to establish a scheme on his own, that would get his cargo (Horo) back on his cart at any cost. He passed Dianna's test. Remember in all trials of life, moral support always helps get us through, and its because of Lawrence's character and skills that he has that moral support.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:30   Link #92
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
So in the end, Lawrence failed the test in my eyes. He isn't the brightest businessman there and relies too much on others for help. If it wasn't for that kid to snap him out of his childish "all hope is lost" mind set, Amarti would have won. Such a shame that Amarti became such a big roadkill too and the leaving words were "you shouldn't steal someone else's woman"...talk about harsh
I only love this series more after reading such comments. Like all writing I consider to be great, I love this series for what it *doesn't* say.

I think Lawrence has passed with flying colors. In fact I think he's just put Horo to shame.

Spoiler for Ep6:

Lawrence might be a real blockhead, but it's the things he doesn't do in front of Horo that makes him such a heroic character.

On another topic, I love the implication that Bartose is Deanna's version of Lawrence. She even refers to him as an old mule

Last edited by BashZeStampeedo; 2009-08-20 at 18:05.
Old 2009-09-26, 00:03   Link #93
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

closing in on playing catchup to episode 12, watched a bunch earlier today and theres something i was wondering about this episode. I saw it mentioned a few times in this thread but no real answers. I have been watching the frosti and mazui subs back to back (why its taking so long lol, taking twice as long) and neither subs never really explained what amati said to piss horo off. I saw a few speculative posts along the lines of guesing he probably treated her like a dumb little sheep or something, but i was just curious if anyone who read the novels remembers them actually clarifying this?

5 more to go, heh decided to change my avatar since im diggin this show so much =P slapped one together from a scene i found really cute

Last edited by kenshin-dono; 2009-09-26 at 00:38.
Old 2010-08-03, 21:38   Link #94
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That's not Amari, look at the first scene in the ED. Amarti is on the top right that character is in the bottom left. I know who it is and who voices that character as do others here but I won't spoil it.

That's good news for me, because I hated Amati and I don't want to see him again!!!

But of course I would like to know what did he sayed to horo that she was angry.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:32   Link #95
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
i was just curious if anyone who read the novels remembers them actually clarifying .. what amati said to piss horo off?
As of what's been translated, there has been no answer. Just our speculation

I actually prefer it that way, and wonder why there haven't been any fanfics brave enough to take a shot at it? The closest thing was an excellent one on fanfics.net that was about Horo's meeting with Deanna that struck me as good enough to be canon.

Last edited by BashZeStampeedo; 2010-08-05 at 20:55.
Closed Thread