AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-01, 16:34   Link #1
Katapan
俺様祭り

Tegami Bachi - Letter Bee (TV)

After the special episode produced for the Jump Anime Tour, a TV series will start airing this fall. While the cast remains unchanged, most of the staff is new. All of the following information was taken from ANN:

Synopsis:
Gauche is a governmental employee, given the task to deliver any letter to it's destination. Meeting a young boy who is the letter to be delivered, Gauche makes friends with Lag and inspires him to take up the job. Five years later, Lag Seeing finally becomes his dream, that of a Letter Bee. However, the one who inspired him has gone missing and only there does the mystery start.

Staff:
Director: Akira Iwanaga
Series Composition: Tetsuya Oishi
Script: Tetsuya Oishi
Original creator: Hiroyuki Asada
Character Design: Minako Shiba
Animation Supervisor: Mamoru Kanbe
Animation Production: Studio Pierrot
Cast:
Ayumi Fujimura as Niche
Miyuki Sawashiro as Lag Seeing

Ami Koshimizu as Aria Link
Daisuke Kishio as Zaji
Hisayoshi Suganuma as Connor
Jun Fukuyama as Gauche Suede
Katsuyuki Konishi as Largo Lloyd
Kazuya Nakai as Jiggy Pepper
Nana Mizuki as Sylvette
Naomi Nagasawa as Steak

Letter Bee seems to be a fall series that was neglected from the thread-making, but here it is now.

I loved the special episode made for the Jump Tour as I already mentioned in the appopriate thread, then read the first two volumes of the manga, which I loved to bits. Asada Hiroyuki has really built a fairly amazing universe, which was begging to be adapted into a TV series.

Now I doubt any kind of animated adaptation could ever look as good as Asada's art, but the first attempt really conveyed the world in a lovely manner (let us put the CG bugs aside). I hope that not having Kanbe Mamoru directing the TV series won't be too noticeable, as he's supervising the animation anyway, which makes me think it isn't unreasonable to expect more of what made the special work so well.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:34   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Loved the special episode from last year, so i'm all for this. I'm hoping to read some of the manga before this airs, though i wouldn't mind a few shows where i haven't seen any of the previous material, so i may just go all fresh and new with this.

Glad to see the voice cast hasn't changed, because Sawashiro Miyuki made quite the good Lag. Do also hope that Kunihiko Ryo works on the score for this. I loved his work for the special episode.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-09-02 at 11:07.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:07   Link #3
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm going to try this out but does anyone know if I need to watch that special episode from last year first?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:17   Link #4
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm going to try this out but does anyone know if I need to watch that special episode from last year first?
The special episode was somewhat of a bonus for manga readers, as it didn't introduce anything, and featured an original story. The anime series will be an adaptation of the manga, starting for the beginning of the story with a proper introduction. No worries if you don't watch the special - rather, you might not really understand it without the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Do also hope that Kunihiko Ryo works on the score for this. I loved his work for the special episode.
I'm also hoping he'll return. It bothered me not to see his name in the first staff announcement, when his work makes for such a huge part of the special episode's appeal. I'd be fairly disappointed if another composer was picked for the full-length series.
Old 2009-09-02, 19:09   Link #5
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Started reading the manga today so I wouldn't be lost just in case (started before I saw the response XD ) and I'm really liking it so I am definitely trying this one out now!
Old 2009-09-02, 19:30   Link #6
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Look Interesting new anime
I'll add to my watch list ^__^
Old 2009-09-02, 22:35   Link #7
Shirachi

Send a message via MSN to Shirachi
Kunihiko Ryo was the only reason I gave the special a chance, really. I'm glad that I did, but it would break my heart if he didn't return for the TV series. I love his many scores, particularly Emma and The Twelve Kingdoms.

But the special moved me to tears at one point (I know, pathetic), so I'm expecting some good things from the anime and the manga. Helps that I love the world-building aspect of fantasy shows. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.
Shirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 02:41   Link #8
Iron Maw
Banned

I really wonder how Pierrot will animate the first chapter. Being over 125 pages it's by far longest chapter I've seen for a manga ever.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:30   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I really wonder how Pierrot will animate the first chapter. Being over 125 pages it's by far longest chapter I've seen for a manga ever.
Well then let's hope they don't try to force it into just one episode, though i can't see that happening. Probably the first three episodes.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:39   Link #10
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

If they pull off the fantasy atmosphere and heartwarming scenes in the anime, I think this one could be a sleeper hit.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 15:01   Link #11
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well then let's hope they don't try to force it into just one episode, though i can't see that happening. Probably the first three episodes.
Yeah, but I'm kinda of torn on issue since the first chapter is really only suited for one episode (or, two) and anymore than that would overstay it's welcome especially since the series pace is quite slow in the beginning. On the otherhand there a lot of details in that chapter which establish Lag and Gauche's relationship as well as two other important characters. It's going to take a pretty skilled Director convey that in such short timeframe without losing the audience IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
If they pull off the fantasy atmosphere and heartwarming scenes in the anime, I think this one could be a sleeper hit.
Indeed.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 03:49   Link #12
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Was Niche's outfit always pink? For some reason the image in my mind is conflicting with that promo image in the first post.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 04:48   Link #13
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Was Niche's outfit always pink? For some reason the image in my mind is conflicting with that promo image in the first post.
I have the second volume of the manga in front of me, and the outfit is pink on the cover. But of course, Asada's covers hardly use the same color palette as the promo image, and the pink is far from being as bright as the anime version, which must be why it does look conflicting.

Now for more news regarding the anime (reflecting the latest website revamp).
- Regarding the OP/ED, they'll be respectively performed by Shikao Suga and HIMEKA. This is certainly a bit reminiscent of xxxHOLiC, and I think it may work really well. As for HIMEKA, I'd been looking forward to hearing her second single after Asu e no Kizuna.
- The premiere day is October 3rd (a Friday), with the odd timeslot of 22:55 on TV Tokyo. It'll be taking over Golgo 13's rerun's timeslot, which had been getting fairly good ratings - I'm not sure the targeted audience is the same, but we'll see how it all works out.
Old 2009-09-05, 04:51   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm all for a Shikao Suga OP. At first i wouldn't have thought his music would go well with this series, though i changed that opinion quite quickly. Looking forward to hearing that, and seeing the OP visuals that will go along side it.
Old 2009-09-05, 21:45   Link #15
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow, I just read through all the manga in two days. XD I liked it and was wondering if there was any word on if it would be a 13 episode series or 26? With 30 chapters out now (there should be a new one soon I believe) 26 might be hard to pull off but it could also be really easy to put fillers in this one as well.
Old 2009-09-06, 10:39   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just finished reading the first volume, and i must say that was fantastic. It featured the same level of warmth and enjoyment that i experienced in the special episode. I'm gonna have to rewatch the special sometime this week now that i understand things a little better.

The setting and backgrounds in this title are really outstanding. I was really taken back by that, like i was back when watching the special episode. Oh how i hope even more now that Kunihiko Ryo will be the composer for this series.

Next volume isn't out here until March, so i shall catch up with scans this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yeah, but I'm kinda of torn on issue since the first chapter is really only suited for one episode (or, two) and anymore than that would overstay it's welcome especially since the series pace is quite slow in the beginning. On the otherhand there a lot of details in that chapter which establish Lag and Gauche's relationship as well as two other important characters. It's going to take a pretty skilled Director convey that in such short timeframe without losing the audience IMO.
Now that i've read the first chapter, i can see where you're coming from. I really didn't see a point in the first chapter where they could split this into more then one episode, though like you said it covers a lot of important matters and character development. Will say that it'll be interesting to see how that is covered in a few weeks time.
Old 2009-09-09, 10:26   Link #17
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think I found the website here but the trailer area of the site is down.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:04   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The ANN page for the anime adaptation has Kunihiko Ryo as the composer for the series. Does anyone know if this was official confirmed?

/me fingers crossed
Old 2009-09-10, 15:11   Link #19
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff section of the official website
音楽: 梁邦彦
Seems like it was updated very recently. So, it's confirmed. Awesome.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:15   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Brilliant news, absolutely brilliant.

I'm all the more excited about this adaptation now.

Tags
adventure, shounen