AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 03:00   Link #181
Nayim

Billy Kane confirm as playable character by Famitsu:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/29/kofx...nd-billy-kane/
Old 2011-07-01, 18:26   Link #182
Rayneing
Trombe!

Some people think that Eiji and Iori98 (basically Iori with his old moveset) might also be console exclusives or DLC, to complete a team with Billy. However, that's nothing but speculation based off dummy data recovered off of the KOF12 disc (which only mentions Iori98).

I can't wait for this game, I want to play it so bad. I just hope I can start a proper scene for it where I am, which may be asking too much.
Old 2011-07-29, 06:45   Link #183
kiak666

Looks like Saiki's human form will be playable in the console version, and he does INSANE damage!!!
Spoiler for Fear Saiki:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/29...fighters-xiii/
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 09:39   Link #184
Rayneing
Trombe!

Iori98 is confirmed as a DLC character. And we've got an awesome interview with Atlus and SNK Playmore about the console version from Dream Cancel (a website you should visit if you plan on playing a LOT of KOF).
Old 2011-07-30, 21:54   Link #185
kiak666

Looks like there's some interesting story info concerning about Those From The Past (TFTP) that I found in a Chinese forum:

Spoiler for Heavy spoiler:
Old 2011-07-31, 06:41   Link #186
Westlo
Lets be reality

Pretty cool that it's getting a full rebalance and I've heard a rumor of 5 more characters to come with Billy.. hoping for Rock Howard and B. Jenet!

- No spectator mode though, of course they won't catch 1 tenth the heat Capcom did for not having that in MVC3. No one wants to stick around in lobbies if they can't watch matches... I've seen that in the original SFIV as well as MVC3...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 07:14   Link #187
kiak666

Saiki's combos and Neo-Max:

Old 2011-08-20, 09:46   Link #188
Nayim

May Lee & Hinako confirm?
Old 2011-08-20, 13:05   Link #189
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Where are your speculations coming from? Just from the outlines?

Could those two be the other 2 DLC characters that were mentioned? But as I recalled, it's suppose to be 3 EX characters of characters already in the game.
Look at left silhouette had begpack & right silhouette had scarf, just look at Hinako & May Lee's official art in previous KOF games.
Old 2011-12-06, 05:03   Link #190
jwai

I noticed KOF XIII in stock in Australia this week. It's been almost a decade since I last touched the KOF series, and that was in less than ideal circumstances. K' was pretty fun to use, although you wouldn't believe how dicey it was trying to emulate a D-pad using a numeric keypad on a keyboard...

Having tried Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Blazblue and SSF4, I'm probably most familiar with SSF4, in that I have slightly more of a clue beyond button mashing. However, I'm aware that SNK has often fallen behind in popularity compared to Capcom and Namco.

Anyone think KOF XIII is worth picking up none the less?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 20:49   Link #191
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Having tried Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Blazblue and SSF4, I'm probably most familiar with SSF4, in that I have slightly more of a clue beyond button mashing. ]However, I'm aware that SNK has often fallen behind in popularity compared to Capcom and Namco.

Anyone think KOF XIII is worth picking up none the less?
In that fact, you will find less emo players and rage quitters who knows nothing beyond button mashing that you will perhaps encounter in say, UMVC 3.

And I must say, SNK-Playmore does still retain a cult of players and includes people who want something beyond the likes of SF4, UMVC 3 and Tekken. If you are one of those, you can do no wrong picking up KOF XIII for the consoles. And it's definitly a vast improvement over XII.

And, on topic :-

Japanese Boxart.

American Boxart.

Good old U.S. of A.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 23:22   Link #192
Undertaker

Only thing I notice was that fail in Mai's side boobs....

Though seriously, Mai is probably still the all-time mis-represented female character ever. For all the focus on her bosom, she was technically not that well-endowed.

Anyway, I'm probably going to pick this up, if I can find the related games on the cheap...
Old 2011-12-07, 03:45   Link #193
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
And I must say, SNK-Playmore does still retain a cult of players and includes people who want something beyond the likes of SF4, UMVC 3 and Tekken. If you are one of those, you can do no wrong picking up KOF XIII for the consoles. And it's definitly a vast improvement over XII.
OK, so I picked up KOF XIII today.

Bloody hell, I don't recall KOF using so many half circle moves. Even with a good arcade stick, I still can't do half circles consistently. Don't even ask about the moves requiring quarter circle, then half circle in opposite direction, or half circle twice. Can't see this ending well...

About the only characters I'm somewhat familiar with using after all these years is either K' or Kula and perhaps Mature, since I used them a fair bit in the past. As for the rest - uhhh...
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 10:01   Link #194
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
As far as I know, the American release is the only one who has that modified cover. All the others have more or less the original boxart intact.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm probably going to pick this up, if I can find the related games on the cheap...
Here's another reason for you to get this title :-

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5406304.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Bloody hell, I don't recall KOF using so many half circle moves. Even with a good arcade stick, I still can't do half circles consistently. Don't even ask about the moves requiring quarter circle, then half circle in opposite direction, or half circle twice. Can't see this ending well...
Regretting your purchase already ? Try spend sometime to get yourself customised. The only side effect I recieved from using a Dualshock 3 with this game is a sore thumb on my left hand.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 12:26   Link #195
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Though seriously, Mai is probably still the all-time mis-represented female character ever. For all the focus on her bosom, she was technically not that well-endowed.

Now she is. Have you seen her character model?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:31   Link #196
Blackbeard D. Kuma

To those wondering if they should pick up this title, the answer is yes. This game is solid all around (gameplay, graphics, content, sound, etc.). Definitely one of the best KOF games in the series.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:47   Link #197
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The game is getting a Steam version! Yes!
http://shoryuken.com/2013/08/07/anno...steam-edition/
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arcade, fighting, playmore, ps3, snk, xbox360