Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 17:06   Link #5041
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
maybe i was wrong
i remember clovis saying that he wants his personal troops taking care of it and then you see the purist faction
Old 2009-05-23, 17:22   Link #5042
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
I thought that the scar-eyed commander and those guys with him that Lelouch Geass'd to die in the first episode were Clovis' Royal Guard, which would technically have made him Clovis' knight.
Again, I really don't think it's the same thing as a knight, for reasons I already explained.
Old 2009-05-23, 17:38   Link #5043
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Again, I really don't think it's the same thing as a knight, for reasons I already explained.
I agree with you, if the scar-eyed guy was a knight, then he probably would have been addressed as such.

Besides we've seen that royalty can have their security set up in three ways:

1. Just a Royal Guard with no established knight (Clovis)
2. Just a Royal Knight, no Royal Guard (Euphemia)
3. A Royal Knight, who commands the Royal Guard (Cornelia, and the Emperor)

It also seems to make sense that Clovis wouldn't keep a personal Knight. Since he'd become isolated from the stresses of government, and since Japan was so far away from the rest of his siblings, he really had no one he could open himself up to, or would want to. Getting a specific Knight would probably force him to do this, which he just didn't didn't have the heart for, prefering to express his emotions through his art. While it added to his skill as a painter (what self-respecting artist doesn't benefit from angst), it furthered his isolation, leading him down the path we eventually found him at in season 1.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 17:53   Link #5044
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
I agree with you, if the scar-eyed guy was a knight, then he probably would have been addressed as such.

Besides we've seen that royalty can have their security set up in three ways:

1. Just a Royal Guard with no established knight (Clovis)
2. Just a Royal Knight, no Royal Guard (Euphemia)
3. A Royal Knight, who commands the Royal Guard (Cornelia, and the Emperor)

It also seems to make sense that Clovis wouldn't keep a personal Knight. Since he'd become isolated from the stresses of government, and since Japan was so far away from the rest of his siblings, he really had no one he could open himself up to, or would want to. Getting a specific Knight would probably force him to do this, which he just didn't didn't have the heart for, prefering to express his emotions through his art. While it added to his skill as a painter (what self-respecting artist doesn't benefit from angst), it furthered his isolation, leading him down the path we eventually found him at in season 1.
I totally sign that.
I think Clovis might have gotten along with Jeremiah, but how should he have known that the man had been fond of both Marianne and - even if it seemed to have been simply by default - Lelouch?

So... yeah, no knight for Clovis. Only his art, rooftop designs and strange experiments on immortal women. If he only had given her a pizza.
He could have become great.
And traumatized for life, but it's better than having none at all.
Old 2009-05-25, 19:53   Link #5045
darthfury78

Zero's Requiem Special Edition

What's this I hear about Zero's Requiem Special Edition? Will it be an OVA or just an extension of Turn 25?

From the Picture I saw about it looks like a few illustrations of some sort, like those picture albums. From my impression, it looks like a moment in time between season one and season two. Although I could be wrong.

Opinions are always welcome on this subject matter.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 20:43   Link #5046
ClovisLaBritannia
1 of the Four Holy Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I totally sign that.
I think Clovis might have gotten along with Jeremiah, but how should he have known that the man had been fond of both Marianne and - even if it seemed to have been simply by default - Lelouch?

So... yeah, no knight for Clovis. Only his art, rooftop designs and strange experiments on immortal women. If he only had given her a pizza.
He could have become great.
And traumatized for life, but it's better than having none at all.
what about Bartley? he seemed pretty close to CLovis

oh and i find it kinda sad that alot of the new characters in R2 didnt get much backstory or anything ex:
Gino: while he had plenty of screentime, NO backstory whatsoever

Anya: had backstory for like 1-2 episodes

Odysseus: apeeared a few times(R1 24, R2 22), but never really did anything and only had a hint of personality (the nice older brother)

Guinevere: only showed up twice and seemed like she had the potential to be even better than Cornellia

Cornellia (not a new char.): sadly she did nothing at all in season 2 (even destroying V.V.s siegfried in ep.14 could of been done by Rollo or Jeremiah)

the large chinese man and the Chinese girl who were with Xingke never did anything special either nor did they have much screentime
ClovisLaBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 23:38   Link #5047
Xander

While the above is generally true ...I think expecting each and every character in such a large cast to be something special isn't going to lead us anywhere either.

Some characters are just meant to be there in the background and play a minor role, like Odysseus, Guinevere and the Chinese man (Hong Fu/Lu or something), not everyone can be an important character unless you have a lot more than twenty five episodes to work with.

This doesn't mean that someone like Cornelia shouldn't have done more, unfortunately, but it is a bit of a response to increasing expectactions more than what is physically possible, to the point that people seem to want every single character to be equally interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
What's this I hear about Zero's Requiem Special Edition? Will it be an OVA or just an extension of Turn 25?

From the Picture I saw about it looks like a few illustrations of some sort, like those picture albums. From my impression, it looks like a moment in time between season one and season two. Although I could be wrong.

Opinions are always welcome on this subject matter.
If Special Edition: Zero Requiem is going to be anything like Special Edition: Black Rebellion, which I watched sometime ago, then it will be a two hour recap of the entire season. Not just a summary of the last episodes.

I'm not sure if that illustration is actually meant to be anything more than an illustration, because I haven't seen anyone translate the description for it.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 00:17   Link #5048
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClovisLaBritannia View Post
what about Bartley? he seemed pretty close to CLovis

oh and i find it kinda sad that alot of the new characters in R2 didnt get much backstory or anything ex:
Gino: while he had plenty of screentime, NO backstory whatsoever

Anya: had backstory for like 1-2 episodes

Odysseus: apeeared a few times(R1 24, R2 22), but never really did anything and only had a hint of personality (the nice older brother)

Guinevere: only showed up twice and seemed like she had the potential to be even better than Cornellia

Cornellia (not a new char.): sadly she did nothing at all in season 2 (even destroying V.V.s siegfried in ep.14 could of been done by Rollo or Jeremiah)

the large chinese man and the Chinese girl who were with Xingke never did anything special either nor did they have much screentime

You forget to add the following character:

Nonette Enneagram: Knight of Nine
She was the only character who didn't get a speaking voice in the show, much less any action at all. You would think that because she was in the PSP game, Lost Colors, that she might have gotten a significant role in the second season as Rolo had.

Monica Krushevsky: Knight of Twelve
A small cameo speaking role. Would have been nice to have learned more about her background.

Dorothea Ernst: Knight of Four
An interesting character who was killed way too fast.

And the other missing Knight of the Rounds:

Knight of Eleven
Knight of Eight
Knight of Two
Knight of Five

I guess we'll never know the names of the other Knight of the Rounds that I had mentioned.

Overall, Code Geass had the potential to have been an epic series because 50 Episodes can't contain the story. Around 100 Episodes would have sufficed, that might have comprised of 50 Episodes for Season 1 and Season 2 respectively. Also, I think Sunrise screwed up badly with their decision to change the timeslot schedule because they missed out on a huge opportunity for Code Geass R2 to compete, head to head, with Macross Frontier for the latenight ratings competition.

Who would have won the summer ratings sweeps: Macross Frontier or Code Geass R2.
Old 2009-05-26, 00:37   Link #5049
azul120

Not all 12 KoR slots were filled though.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 00:40   Link #5050
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Hmm, that's true. And hey, 8 out of 12 ain't bad.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 00:52   Link #5051
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Were it not for her deep hatred for Britannia, Kallen would been the Knight of Two. Villetta could have been Knight of Eight.
Old 2009-05-26, 00:59   Link #5052
Charred Knight

Quote:
Were it not for her deep hatred for Britannia, Kallen would been the Knight of Two. Villetta could have been Knight of Eight.
What the hell would Villeta do?

Flash the enemy?

Honestly the Gaston Knights where all better pilots than most of the KoR
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 01:05   Link #5053
Xander

Quote:
Overall, Code Geass had the potential to have been an epic series because 50 Episodes can't contain the story. Around 100 Episodes would have sufficed, that might have comprised of 50 Episodes for Season 1 and Season 2 respectively.
If the show had been 50 episodes long, in a single uninterrupted season, most likely that would have been the end of it and this discussion would never have taken place.

Thinking about 100 episodes is admirable, but a pipe dream in my opinion.

Quote:
Who would have won the summer ratings sweeps: Macross Frontier or Code Geass R2.
Late night slots usually aren't meant to win "summer ratings sweeps" you know.

If the timeslot had never been changed...the show most likely wouldn't have added an "R2" to the title and who knows what slot Macross Frontier would be assigned to (in reality, it used the old Code Geass slot).
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 01:28   Link #5054
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Villetta wasn't anywhere near that good or reputable a pilot. It would never happen.
Old 2009-05-26, 03:19   Link #5055
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

why would kallen become a KoR
even excluding the whole "im japanese" bit
without a deep hate for britannia, she'd never get behind the controls of a KMF
its not like she LIKES fighting and killing
so its not likely she'd she'd become a pilot without reason

villeta isnt shown to be THAT good of a pilot
the KoR are suppose to be the best of the best
if jeremia didnt get a spot, i doubt villeta would
Old 2009-05-26, 03:23   Link #5056
Levy
differently sober

I don't really remember any of Jeremiah's fights from s1, actually, but is it possible that he started to kick ass just after his cyborg update?

I also think it takes hing-ranked nobility or amazing achievements to get into the KOR.
Anya doesn't seems anything like a good pilot to me, either, she just has a powerfull machine, but in her case it could be that Charles schemed to make her KoR just because he wanted to have her close, always, knowing that Marianne's consciousnes lived inside of her.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 03:26   Link #5057
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
I don't really remember any of Jeremiah's fights from s1, actually, but is it possible that he started to kick ass just after his cyborg update?
He had a pretty good fight against Kallen at the start, when Kallen still had her piece-of-shit Knightmare which I can't remember the name of. After that, though, he nearly got gangraped by Kewell and his goon squad, and then after that, he got epically raped by the Guren. No fights then... until he hijacked the Siegfried and decimated the Black Knights in his pursuit of Zero.
Old 2009-05-26, 04:23   Link #5058
ClovisLaBritannia
1 of the Four Holy Swords

Quote:
You forget to add the following character:

Nonette Enneagram: Knight of Nine
She was the only character who didn't get a speaking voice in the show, much less any action at all. You would think that because she was in the PSP game, Lost Colors, that she might have gotten a significant role in the second season as Rolo had.

Monica Krushevsky: Knight of Twelve
A small cameo speaking role. Would have been nice to have learned more about her background.

Dorothea Ernst: Knight of Four
An interesting character who was killed way too fast.

And the other missing Knight of the Rounds:

Knight of Eleven
Knight of Eight
Knight of Two
Knight of Five

I guess we'll never know the names of the other Knight of the Rounds that I had mentioned.
Overall, Code Geass had the potential to have been an epic series because 50 Episodes can't contain the story. Around 100 Episodes would have sufficed, that might have comprised of 50 Episodes for Season 1 and Season 2 respectively. Also, I think Sunrise screwed up badly with their decision to change the timeslot schedule because they missed out on a huge opportunity for Code Geass R2 to compete, head to head, with Macross Frontier for the latenight ratings competition.

well, one of them was Marianne
ClovisLaBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 05:38   Link #5059
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

I also think it takes hing-ranked nobility or amazing achievements to get into the KOR.
Anya doesn't seems anything like a good pilot to me, either, she just has a powerfull machine, but in her case it could be that Charles schemed to make her KoR just because he wanted to have her close, always, knowing that Marianne's consciousnes lived inside of her.
The plot makes a whole lot more sense if you conclude that most of the KoR got their position by nobility.

I mean just compare the Glaston Knights to Monica and Dorothea. I mean are we really supposed to believe that the Glaston Knights are worse than those two losers.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 05:41   Link #5060
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

to be fair
they jobbed to the albion
on its first deployment (which had to be epic)
while using out of date mook machines
so its not all that much their fault