AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 20:15   Link #821
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
If there is one thing that's going to keep me watching this its got to be Tooori. Best main character ever!
Well I wouldn't say 'best', but love him or hate him, he definitely stands out of the crowd male characters personality-wise for this season.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:25   Link #822
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well I wouldn't say 'best', but love him or hate him, he definitely stands out of the crowd male characters personality-wise for this season.
I think instead of saying Toori himself stands out because personally I don't think he's much different than some characters we've had in the past, pervert character with serious depths however you want to describe it. I think the thing that makes him seem to stand out is that despite his character, the other characters play off him really well. Like at the confession meeting in episode 2.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:28   Link #823
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion_Sanada View Post
Ah, I found this Mitotsudaira pic btw, and it`s looks like some fan art
Spoiler for :
Larger version: nsfw banners http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1138878

More Mitotsudaira:
nsfw banners http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1138868
nsfw banners http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1138776
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:35   Link #824
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think instead of saying Toori himself stands out because personally I don't think he's much different than some characters we've had in the past, pervert character with serious depths however you want to describe it. I think the thing that makes him seem to stand out is that despite his character, the other characters play off him really well. Like at the confession meeting in episode 2.
That's why I said 'for this season', whether or not he'll be remembered for months to come remains to be seen. That would be base on his actions rather than his personality I think.

...But mostly it has to do with whether the series is a success or not
Old 2011-10-13, 21:40   Link #825
Dark Wing

Quote:
He's a Gentleman, Scholar, and Shameless Pervert all at the same time making him one of a kind if you ask me.
Old 2011-10-13, 21:41   Link #826
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
he is a harem Male lead that is not afraid of woman, how rare is that?
Old 2011-10-13, 21:49   Link #827
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Can we even classify him has a harem lead?

After all he's only really in love with one girl.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:12   Link #828
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As long as more than two girls are interested in him, even if its not returned, he's a harem lead.

And I agree, this is how someone does an IdiotType Harem Lead, not like Ichika and all those before him!
Old 2011-10-13, 22:21   Link #829
larethian

you guys forget Sugisaki Ken, who blatantly wants to create a harem.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:27   Link #830
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I rephrase: IdiotType in a non-gag anime.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:59   Link #831
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Define 'Afraid', as in "I've got an allergic reaction" kind of afraid, or "I can't hit them" kind of afraid, or "Nothing fazes me" ?
Old 2011-10-14, 00:27   Link #832
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The smile. Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopiget
I don't think the huge amount of cast is the issue. The initial main beef is big boobs = fanservice in most people's mind, and Toori's rather stupid nature and "derpy" character design. The entire initial presentation just comes off as gimmicky and pretentious especially with a "ridiculous" plot.

This is why we shouldn't fault any of the people who have bad initial impression. Most people really just watched it and don't really do any research. I convinced quite a number of people to watch the series since I basically tell them I would enjoy this series even if everyone hates it and is definitely not fanservice based (I'm 100% honest about this). Most of them would come back and tell me Episode 1 is "watchable", and they would stick around for a couple more and see if the series go anywhere (which is my goal anyway, just have them give this a chance and not to dismiss this immediately as just trashy fanservice). After Episode 2 air they all just went this is pretty decent, which is great because I get more people to discuss the series with .
I always have a beef toward people who jump into one show without doing a little bit of research. I don't mind if they know nothing, then after watching, they do their own research about what they just watched instead of asking question that has already answered multiple times in the same thread.
Admittedly, all of my questions are answered by you at the beginning of this thread, but I couldn't find anything related at that time.
Old 2011-10-14, 02:41   Link #833
Forsaken_Infinity

Did I mention in this thread that I would go gay for Aoi Toori? If not, let me. Because I totally would. Thus far the only guy, fictional or non-fictional, that I would do that for :3
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 05:37   Link #834
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 02

Well I'm rather late (no thanks to my isp) but something in episode 02 really made me holler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mangatron on page 30 post #600

(In case you don't know the joke, I was severely betrayed last season when I didn't get a lot of what I wanted what should have happened, but Fall 2011 just started and I'm getting everything (and then some) that I wanted lol)

Ahem anyways, ouch, I really cringed when Masazumi mentioned she lost her... assets. Now before you guys go off labeling me as a pervert (oh big surprise), I've never been a big fan of girls losing something they...had. Er what I mean to say is I barely got halfway through last season's Manyuu Hikenchou, and it was for the same reason: I just can't begin to imagine what that must feel like

But, episode's come in halves, or... well I'm glad to see more Makiko-sensei (can't get enough of her) and seriously, the second half was hilarious, Neito I know I love your hair but..... No-Bra? That I got to feel see The fact Kimi-chan led her on makes me a bigger Kimi-fan XD

Oh yes the plot.... color me interested, since they do have quite a large cast to gather in proportion to the interesting things they have going for this story. I'm sticking around for more
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 07:18   Link #835
tsunade666

Quote:
does he even have a harem? the only girl she is interested is indeed only one plus in character map there isn't really a love arrow throwing at him. So I can't think of him as a harem lead at all.
Old 2011-10-14, 09:55   Link #836
momotarou

Toori loves Horizon wholeheartedly.
momotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:41   Link #837
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotarou View Post
Toori loves Horizon wholeheartedly.
That's what I've been trying to say... After all he may be a pervert but even perverts can fall in love.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:17   Link #838
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But, episode's come in halves, or... well I'm glad to see more Makiko-sensei (can't get enough of her) and seriously, the second half was hilarious, Neito I know I love your hair but..... No-Bra? That I got to feel see The fact Kimi-chan led her on makes me a bigger Kimi-fan XD

Btw, I'm going to ask this again, anyone know where this image came from? The novel?

Old 2011-10-14, 11:27   Link #839
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Btw, I'm going to ask this again, anyone know where this image came from? The novel?

I'm not sure but it looks like one. I got a copy up until part 2 of vol 3 and that picture hasn't been shown yet in the colored illustration but the logo on the lower right is the same as the novel
Old 2011-10-14, 11:35   Link #840
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
does he even have a harem? the only girl she is interested is indeed only one plus in character map there isn't really a love arrow throwing at him. So I can't think of him as a harem lead at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
That's what I've been trying to say... After all he may be a pervert but even perverts can fall in love.
in Maji De Watashi the main character confess in the first ep is still consider a harem series.

As for the girls

P-01 aka Horizon
Masazumi - VP
Mitotsudaira - classmate and childhood friend

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise