AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 19:10   Link #1001
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

over 1000 replies already O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I still have a hard time understanding how people peg this as a fan service show when there has been at best three instances of real fanservice in all three episodes aired thus far.
it's simple...

> hey I'm watching this anime but I don't uds anything, but I uds boobs jiggling and fanservice in the near end of eps 1.
aren't I smart?

> oh it was made by sunrise, I hate them because they are big unlike my fav *insert your fave crap studio here". bashing on them would be good

> ok so let's just call it fanservice anime, say that it doesn't hv a plot rather than admitting my incapability to comprehend and make a fool out of myself

> preparing some cool? excuses like "I have a real life so I don't have time to re-read/think a few sentences from the anime"
(despite of spending a whole day in front of PC) to make me looks cool and have a Real Life

and the show begins

===

no need to bother with each one of them cause they are too many.

and Horizon doesn't have strong fanbase like any other big title this season like (FZ or Persona) to withstand the damage caused by haters and these smart ppl

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-10-20 at 19:24.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:06   Link #1002
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Kimi, every-freaking-where.

I think people should lay off the hate, from both sides . Positive thinking, the smaller the fanbase, the quieter the anti-fanbase.
But I thought Horizon did pretty well to gather this much discussion, though almost one third of them is about girl and boobs .
Old 2011-10-20, 21:08   Link #1003
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Kimi, every-freaking-where.

I think people should lay out the hate, from bothsides . Positive thinking, the smaller the fanbase, the quieter the anti-fanbase.

True, but with a bigger fanbase you get a higher chance that some crazy guy would translate the entire Light Novel series almost practically by himself... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:10   Link #1004
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I feel we're pretty fortunate to has that crazy guy who bother to read and answer almost everyone's questions in Light Novel thread already .

Beside, I'm not hoping to see anyone would try to translate the whole Horizon books by him/herself.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:13   Link #1005
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I feel we're pretty fortunate to has that crazy guy who bother to read and answer almost everyone's questions in Light Novel thread already .

Beside, I'm not hoping to see anyone would try to translate the whole Horizon books by him/herself.
Well yeah for now it's fine, but when the Anime stops and the withdrawal kicks in ?

Besides, living off summaries is no way to go through life.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:22   Link #1006
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I still have a hard time understanding how people peg this as a fan service show when there has been at best three instances of real fanservice in all three episodes aired thus far.
Look at Mangatron's avatar.

Any scene involving Kimi is by definition fanservice. Then we had a bath scene, arse grabbing, bewb groping, Tres Espana female....

I'm wondering how come some of those chicks don't have back pain due to those bewbs.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:25   Link #1007
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Spoiler for reasons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
no need to bother with each one of them cause they are too many.

and Horizon doesn't have strong fanbase like any other big title this season like (FZ or Persona) to withstand the damage caused by haters and these smart ppl
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, the novel might be great, but the moment we need a reader to answer a shit-load of questions that the anime has not... well, there isn't anything remaining in the anime than action and boobs... sorry
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:32   Link #1008
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Lol, anime viewers need to flex their brain muscles and try to connect the dots themselves.
Not every anime series in existence should spoonfeed the viewer with information.

And don't touch Tenka Seiha with a 10-mile pole.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:40   Link #1009
Malkuth
Banned

^ OR remember all these deep and thought provoking shows that were produced by Sunrise :/
Old 2011-10-20, 21:44   Link #1010
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Spoiler for reasons:
Since when did three scenes of groping and a three second bath sequence become enough to justify calling a series a "fanservice show"?

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the novel might be great, but the moment we need a reader to answer a shit-load of questions that the anime has not... well, there isn't anything remaining in the anime than action and boobs... sorry
Accept all the questions people are asking the anime has answered or obviously will answer. What Allen and some others are doing is more or less restating or paraphrasing the exact same info being delivered in the anime. All the people who didn't understand prior just suddenly have a click in their head and chock it up to being the anime's fault while failing to realize they've just been spoon fed the exact same information except in plain text format. People just like to act brain dead when it comes to infodumps in anime.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:55   Link #1011
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Truth be told, most of the questions are either:

1. Mentioned in aired episodes.
2. Confirmation (question which the viewers themselves already got a hints, but want to make sure).
3. Spoiler for future events.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:56   Link #1012
Malkuth
Banned

@suzuku: anime is a very different medium than novels... if you dump a lengthy monologue filled with technobubble, everyone is bound to be bored and stop paying attention (unless his into it for other reasons... say love the novels ), while in a novel you can read it at your own pace, and generally works much better.

BUT that's not even the main problem, the said ton of information was not even mentioned, just remember the first episode, random apocalyptic scenes followed by non-stop action decorated with close-ups at boobs and asses. Remove the action and add endless talking heads exposition and ramp up the service (the images are just a sample) and you get the following two episodes.

Sorry mate, I understand how you feel, I was there with Kurokami, F/SN, and UBW.
Old 2011-10-20, 22:04   Link #1013
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
BUT that's not even the main problem, the said ton of information was not even mentioned, just remember the first episode, random apocalyptic scenes followed by non-stop action decorated with close-ups at boobs and asses.
Could you just try to focus on the story and not on how large Kimi's jugs are? And those are not random technobabble, actually. For example, in the apocalyptic scene, the girl shown there also turns up in the eroge as Nurhaci. Aside from that, the information thrown into each episode will be explained or referenced in a future episode, or is available in the official site's episode glossary or in the wiki I'm currently hosting.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:38   Link #1014
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
@suzuku: anime is a very different medium than novels... if you dump a lengthy monologue filled with technobubble, everyone is bound to be bored and stop paying attention (unless his into it for other reasons... say love the novels ), while in a novel you can read it at your own pace, and generally works much better.
Read: Too lazy to give fucks about paying attention to exposition in my animu.

Quote:
BUT that's not even the main problem, the said ton of information was not even mentioned,
Yes, it was, at the end of the episode and further detailed in the second episode. If you mean it was detailed right then and there, then wow, you know nothing of literary or directorial technique.

Quote:
just remember the first episode, random apocalyptic scenes followed by non-stop action decorated with close-ups at boobs and asses.
Not random at all. The episode started off by showing the Harmonic Divine States crashing onto the Divine States, which lead to the current political and geographical situation the world is in. It's a standard literary technique to start a story off by showing the reason for why things are the way they are without explaining it until later in the story to leave the reader/viewer with a sense of mystery and confusion. Obviously it accomplished its purpose but you're just so narrow minded that you fail to see it that way. After this, they show the students of Class-3 Plum during a PE session where they have a basic explanation of the setting and afterwards begin their PE exercise where most of the characters had a mini-introduction. Through their interactions with the other characters, the attentive viewer would have been able to pick up the subtle traits of each character's personalities despite the fact none of them were focused on exclusively. The characters are all unique and the dialogue between them is witty, even if in a ero way at times, but I guess not everyone can appreciate this. Finally, Toori shows up and gives his speech that is actually pivotal to the plot, though just seems silly and incoherent on the surface. Everything that wasn't explained in-depth was explained in the next episode. It was a lot more than just close ups of boobs and ass, it was simply subtle, ignoring the fact that the sequences hardly had a focus on boobs and ass save three shots or so. You, my dear friend, simply fail to see what's beyond the surface and are too lazy, or whatever you want to call it, to pay attention to the info the anime is delivering you. Either way, your assertion that the series is a fanservice show is completely wrong.

Quote:
Remove the action and add endless talking heads exposition and ramp up the service (the images are just a sample) and you get the following two episodes.
Not sure how to respond to this, considering your statement is a complete bastardization of the past two episodes stripped down to the bare minimum of what they were and then some. You clearly like to pick and choose which parts of a show you pay attention to and chock eveything else up to being either action, fanservice, or boring "talking head exposition". Contrary to your naive generalizations, the past two episodes were made up of not only setting explanation and fanservice, but also deep character study and more subtle hints as to what is going on and the relationships between the characters. Hell, even your so called talking head exposition was actually used to subtly show the some of the character's personalities and what their technology is capable of. Just because the show doesn't throw out everything for you to see and understand on a plate doesn't make it bad or strictly a fanservice show. Furthermore, once again, a grope per episode and random Gainaxing that isn't even focused on DOES NOT MAKE FANSERVICE A MAJOR FOCUS OF THE SHOW. Get over it.

Quote:
Sorry mate, I understand how you feel, I was there with Kurokami, F/SN, and UBW.
Uh, no, not even close.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-10-20 at 22:49.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:44   Link #1015
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
After 3 episodes I have no bloody clue WTF is going on, but since this is a fan-service show from an incomprehensibly large studio... well, it does not matter, they can butcher a source that I am unfamiliar with as much as they can... and I have time to spare (unlike Kurokami)
if you REALLY WANT TO understand this show, open and read these links and don't just complaining because you don't understand (or you're just don't want to understand?)

Plot / setting
http://genesis-horizon.wikia.com/wik...o_Horizon_Wiki
http://genesis-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=598

Event time frame
http://i.imgur.com/u77iR.jpg
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=913

Characters
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=105
http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/charaprofiles
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=526
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=557
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=912

History Characters
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=766
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=771

GLOSSARY
http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/glossary
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=607
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=612

If you want SPOILERS
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106418

and Moral of the story
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2011-10-20 at 23:09.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:11   Link #1016
serpiente

Not to disrupt the topic at hand, but being an old fan of FFS manga, I couldnt help but find some common ground between that work and KSN Horizon.

I remember Five Star Stories starting with a ceremony, in which some remarcable scientist was about to unveil his ultimate creation, the female android "fatima", in a meeting with various powerfull nation representatives from all over the world, including a leecherous and ambitious fat king. In this story, the main character, an efiminate looking guy (who also happens to be the center of the world and the embodyment of Amaterasu) confess his love for the cyborg girl, much to the surprise of all the attendants.

Back to Horizon, we have Lord Matsudaira ceremony of unvelling of some Mortal Sin Arsenal which he has created, in front of powerfull representatives from Tres Espaņa and KPA Italia, wich is ruled by (from what I read in the awesome wiki we now have thanks to Marcus) for a leecherous and ambitious Pope-President. And we also have a guy who wants to confess his love to a female android as the center of the story. Well I´m not complaining, I¨m just pointing out some similarities with Mamoru Nagano´s masterpiece, while feeling glad someone still remember his work and may have received some influence.
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:18   Link #1017
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Now now, don't all just jump at him like that. It doesn't help the situation much.

This is just a show where you have to pay attention on everything happens and is mentioned on the screen, otherwise you may get lost, due to the huge setting of the source material. While I am not a novel reading audience, I don't really feel lost that much when I watch the first ep, and thank people for point out which part I should pay attention to, most of my questions are answered. Those that weren't, should be left until later.

I don't remember people making a fuss at the first few eps of Lain, or Madlax either, so why now?
Old 2011-10-20, 23:28   Link #1018
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't remember people making a fuss at the first few eps of Lain, or Madlax either, so why now?
Because 10 years ago Internet wasn't cheap, now a days it's as common as the damn light bulb -_-

I'm pretty if Evangelion was created 10+ years later in our modern era it would never be as well received as it had thanks to Internet
Old 2011-10-20, 23:51   Link #1019
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
Not to disrupt the topic at hand, but being an old fan of FFS manga, I couldnt help but find some common ground between that work and KSN Horizon.

I remember Five Star Stories starting with a ceremony, in which some remarcable scientist was about to unveil his ultimate creation, the female android "fatima", in a meeting with various powerfull nation representatives from all over the world, including a leecherous and ambitious fat king. In this story, the main character, an efiminate looking guy (who also happens to be the center of the world and the embodyment of Amaterasu) confess his love for the cyborg girl, much to the surprise of all the attendants.

Back to Horizon, we have Lord Matsudaira ceremony of unvelling of some Mortal Sin Arsenal which he has created, in front of powerfull representatives from Tres Espaņa and KPA Italia, wich is ruled by (from what I read in the awesome wiki we now have thanks to Marcus) for a leecherous and ambitious Pope-President. And we also have a guy who wants to confess his love to a female android as the center of the story. Well I´m not complaining, I¨m just pointing out some similarities with Mamoru Nagano´s masterpiece, while feeling glad someone still remember his work and may have received some influence.
Lachesis had far more personality though. That said this story sound about as complex as FFS with is 10,000 year timeline and absurd density of events.

Also yeah, so sorry to Horizon novel fans that it had to be Sunrise that picked up the adaptation, not because of how they're handling it so far cause frankly it's pretty entertaining and looks and sounds great, but because this will probably be their first exposure to what I like to call "the treatment". Some people just get mildly retarded, stop thinking, see red, and just love to bash at the drop of a hat whenever this company does a show. As a result it's a double edged sword where threads are concerned every single time they're behind a show. Usually it comes in waves so hopefully that's the extent of the dose for at least another week.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-10-21 at 00:07.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:17   Link #1020
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Well, sometimes they act way more different than you can ever imagine

Btw:
Spoiler for big image:
lol so they have a 'weird' personality like that? I thought they just do it because of toori's order..
I'm kinda interested on them now (yeah another older characters that I like in this show)

and I after saw your ep 3 chart, just realize the shadow figure near the end of episode was dacchan
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise