AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 36.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-05, 10:14   Link #61
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

The world must really hate Sorata for Mashiro to be there when he goes all anti world... Yup the world of Sakurasou is pretty unfair.

The only real flaw in the whole scenario of things is really the coincidences that occur to create drama... well that is the flaw of entertainment. Some unbelievable things need to happen in order for a scene to occur. Too bad for Sorata I suppose.

Sorata's actions were understandable the world basically pwned him along with the stress of Sakurasou's closure and seeing Nanami fail despite her effort, which was another low blow as it showed him that even hard work 'can't' pay off; he was also riding on Nanami to prove the universe wrong. He had all the reason to act the way he did and he even had character growth because in this scenario he doesn't blame Mashiro at all unfortunately that is not how Mashiro read the situation.

Mashiro may be innocent but she is the case. In this case and effect scenario, if she never arrived Sorata would never have his want of pursuing his dreams hence never taste feeling. See what love does to you...

TBH the only problem that prevents me from completely sympathizing 100% with Sorata, I'm at about 99%, is Mashiro herself, her OVERWHELMING talent is the issue, when such a huge gap is presented like the heaven and earth IMO people rarely get jealous but tend admire that talent because it is so unattainable and respect it. I basically think her talent was too much emphasized of being simply borne that way. Sorata and maybe Nanami have forgotten that Mashiro although possesses talent, her talent has been cultivated since young and has only improved. This aspect should have been brought to the forefront more instead of emphasizing how simply talented she is to make it more believable.
Old 2013-03-05, 10:20   Link #62
Sakuratsuki

@Chaos2Frozen chill out i dont want to start a fight about a fiction thing? you win oke.
Old 2013-03-05, 10:28   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fine, consider this issue dropped. I need to sleep anyway...
Old 2013-03-05, 10:39   Link #64
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Fine, consider this issue dropped. I need to sleep anyway...
I have watched the episode again and i have exagareted to much with my comments. You are right like i just said.

oke, Consider this issue dropped.

Have a nice sleep!!!!
Old 2013-03-05, 10:56   Link #65
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So everyone wants Mashiro this Mashiro that, while the normal people are thrown off in the trashcan because they're not special and they don't care if they work hard enough!

Well, I understand that... But please, leave Mashiro alone for once!
Old 2013-03-05, 12:43   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So much suffering in this episode. It was just one thing after the other. The only ones that were spared were Misaki and Jin, who have already solved their problems and are not affected as much as the others by Sakurasou's demolition since they're going to graduate.

It was inevitable that Nanami would break down. For a moment I thought Sorata really was going to leave her all alone in the nurse's office... thank god Dragon was there to tell him she needed him. I was glad he didn't get too caught up in his own problem to help. I feel bad for the both of them, but I think Nanami has it tougher since unlike Sorata, she can't just try again. At least not before she becomes independent.

Sorata was very unlucky this time. The matter was completely out of his hand. He could have never predicted another similar game which pandered to otaku more would be up for review at the same time. There was nothing he could do about it. He learned the hard way that the world is unfair. I can't blame him for feeling angered and frustrated. I would have probably reacted the same way. It does sucks when your hard work is not rewarded.

As for Mashiro... she was simply there at the wrong time. Again. Nobody blames her for Sakurasou, but it's still tough for her to know she is the reason this is happening, even if it's completely out of her control. This proves the world can be unfair to her as well. It's not her fault some idiots decided Sakurasou had a bad influence on her.

I'm sure Sorata and Mashiro will be able to overcome their issues just fine. I'm more interested in Nanami. She can't pursue her dream anymore and she obviously won't have Sorata either... what's left for her?
Old 2013-03-05, 12:56   Link #67
Lukeman1884

Wait, so does Mashiro know that she's the reason that Sakurasou's being demolished? I thought the others were trying to keep that a secret from her.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:04   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Wait, so does Mashiro know that she's the reason that Sakurasou's being demolished? I thought the others were trying to keep that a secret from her.
IIRC, she overhead their conversation.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:07   Link #69
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
She overheard Sorata's and Ryūnosuke's conversation in episode 20 in the school's hallway.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:08   Link #70
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm more interested in Nanami. She can't pursue her dream anymore and she obviously won't have Sorata either... what's left for her?
Obviously Miyahara or forever alone.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:11   Link #71
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Obviously Miyahara or forever alone.
I hope Miyahara, he is a cool guy with no grudges.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:28   Link #72
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm more interested in Nanami. She can't pursue her dream anymore and she obviously won't have Sorata either... what's left for her?
Well, how about a college, job, and then some nice and capable guy there? Seriously, I think Nanami's grades are decent, and since their high school is mostly for those who are above average in academics, Nanami should be able to get into decent college. May be she should study literature or theater. It is possible to do well on fields close to acting and perhaps it can eventually open a way back to voice acting for Nanami.
Old 2013-03-05, 18:34   Link #73
Entravity

What's all this argument about Sorata? He held up with it fairly well this time and shows some maturity and growth this time around. When life's smacking you in the face, who is not going to be pissed?

For those saying these are "trivial first world problems," just no. Stop. It's ridiculous to call it trivial first of all, and it's even more ridiculous to call failure in pursuing one's dream which can be just as desirable as having food in a country where food is scarce as merely a "first world problem." The standards have moved up, but it doesn't mean that these things are any less important. It's all relative, food may be important in a developing nation, but once you move up a certain point, dreams and hopes will be just as important to an individual as "food" is to someone in a developing nation.
Old 2013-03-05, 18:43   Link #74
Insert_Gel

Lol Sorata. Whining again eh? Feel bad for Mashiro tsk
Old 2013-03-05, 18:46   Link #75
thor94

i join the pro-sorata group.
His reaction is completely normal.
I think that fujisawa justify for game break down, is a bogus excuse.
Since the begginning he was only interested in shiina skills, he did it on purpose to make a better rythm game in competition to exclude sorata project.
And Sorata have understand this when shiina received a work proposition immediately after his rejection (the same day), for sorata the game compagny manipulated him to approach shiina.

I'ts normal that he thinks the life is unfair for no skilled people.
We can see that everywhere in the real world. In the art and sport field, the geniuses or skilled win and the normal peoples are crushed.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:13   Link #76
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. The very few Nanamin flag episode. Well, it's still an uphill battle...
2. Sorata went insane 3 times this episode...but then, he's just an ordinary male.
3. Ordinary Love Comedy male that is, such a waste of time alone b/t him and Nanamin before the love master Dragon-san (Okay, not really) reminds him again...
4. Graduation next episode? Or they'll somehow stall out until Episode 24? Well, they can always somehow wrap up the only remaining question in the last 2 episodes (Who will Sorata pick? Especially when you can't exactly pick one over the other...)
Old 2013-03-05, 20:15   Link #77
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Sorata's game lost to Project Diva? No shame in that. Project Diva is a great game.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:44   Link #78
thor94

The final interview was a fake mounted by game compagny to approach Shiina.
What was the probabilities among hundreds kind games that sorata opponent also send a rythm game based on space mecha battle?
0.01%, the second finalist (if he have really existed) has been chosen especially to defeat sorata for sure.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:47   Link #79
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
The final interview was a fake mounted by game compagny to approach Shiina.
What was the probabilities among hundreds kind games that sorata opponent also send a rythm game based on space mecha battle?
0.01%, the second finalist (if he have really existed) has been chosen especially to defeat sorata for sure.
Old 2013-03-05, 21:15   Link #80
thor94

Project diva is not mentionned in this episode (unless i miss a detail), we know only sorata have lost against a rythm game similar to his project.

anyway, it's not change the fact that the winning game is also a rythm game with similar background is really dubious
Closed Thread