AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-12, 12:23   Link #101
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
More specific about this please

Spoiler for Horizon:

It seem like some girl have special clothes for battle like Neit, Kimi, Asama and the magi gunners , does everybody have that ?
Spoiler:

No, just they have special clothes... I think.

Quote:
Another question
Spoiler for Futayo:
Spoiler for s*x de gozaru:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Noob question but I spied the name Mary pop up a few times here and who she gets involved with, but I have no idea who it is.
Can anyone enlighten me on the matter, trying to get remember whos who for this series is proving a challenge which is a first for me.

But thats I think it's a good charm of the series, the sheer number of characters is great fun.
This Mary. And about other characters I can do something later. stuopidget already posted about Masazumi, her father, Masanobu, Toori on the anime thread, so you can get some info there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
@allen will you do a summary of vol 2 and 3 also when you have time?
I'll try, but who knows when I'll do it
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 12:40   Link #102
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

With this much character in a series, I bet you guide have to go back and check the character list at the beginning of the volume several time while reading it.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 13:12   Link #103
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
With this much character in a series, I bet you guide have to go back and check the character list at the beginning of the volume several time while reading it.
Hahaha, I did that a lot, specially in the first parts of each volume.
Old 2011-10-12, 19:01   Link #104
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
You should read it (ditch IS, translate this instead )!!!

They cut out a lot of funny stuff in the anime!! Seems like a lot of light novel fans are mad at episode 2 for "not faithful", but the episode got better reception from anime fans (vice versa for episode 1).
I'm no longer translating IS since it's almost fully translated by our flash translator(Teh_Ping) . Trying to help finish Baka to Test now, but my free time is getting smaller since I got dumped with loads of work at office .

I really want to read this one(and Rental Magica too), but sadly I really don't have the time to read that much nowadays(can't even catch up with Kami-memo and finish Dantalian )

How about you and Allen translate this series so I can read it faster in English(English reading speed is 3 times faster than Japanese right now )?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 21:13   Link #105
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm no longer translating IS since it's almost fully translated by our flash translator(Teh_Ping) . Trying to help finish Baka to Test now, but my free time is getting smaller since I got dumped with loads of work at office .

I really want to read this one(and Rental Magica too), but sadly I really don't have the time to read that much nowadays(can't even catch up with Kami-memo and finish Dantalian )

How about you and Allen translate this series so I can read it faster in English(English reading speed is 3 times faster than Japanese right now )?
2525, 2828, wwwwww! I have to laugh hard at the "hissatsu! honyaku-kaeshi!". wwwwww!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:20   Link #106
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
2525, 2828, wwwwww! I have to laugh hard at the "hissatsu! honyaku-kaeshi!". wwwwww!
_| ̄|○

First one's only 1300ish pages total!!!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:31   Link #107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
_| ̄|○

First one's only 1300ish pages total!!!

...I used to remember a time when 'only' doesn't apply to a 4 digit figure
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:54   Link #108
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
If you really want to know:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's better if you ask something more specific about her. You know, I could easily spend hours writing about that miko

Spoiler for Some details:
Poor Ami, first is Kallen and now is Asama, why she is always the second in harem list of Jun(Toori, Lulu)

Allen-sensei, can you explain about the ability of Asama, especially about the offering part and...some memories she had with Toori. Did he grope her boobs?
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 23:58   Link #109
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Tell us about Azuma please, Allen.

Does he/she have a key role given his/her lineage, race belonging to a half-god and sealed powers?
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 00:02   Link #110
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Whats with Asama's eyes anyway?
Old 2011-10-13, 04:21   Link #111
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Whats with Asama's eyes anyway?
Her left eye is artificial, probably how she was able to use the scope.
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 04:34   Link #112
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

How long is one volume on average?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 05:26   Link #113
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^ You probably should ask someone else to find out in your stead.

If you ask that yourself then I can't think of any other possibilities other than a surge of expectations for you dear mister.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 10:49   Link #114
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
On overage? Around 500-600 I think. "Shorter" one is 300-400 pages, longer one is 800-1000 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
手伝えよ。ばかーつきの新しい翻訳者募集してるでしょ?結婚後、あんたの代わりになるかもしれないだよ。代 わりの翻訳者はいないなら、リタイアにさせないわよ。www。

Back to the topic, I'm unlikely going to follow this novel, but with some more push, to aru honyaku-sha might take this up and I'll be able to catch up like Index :P. Although, taking both this and denyuuden might not a good way to motivate yourself to translate :P
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 11:13   Link #115
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Just two questions about Toori and his power :
Spoiler for power:
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:54   Link #116
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:

I'll only do teasers (if I translate something) like the one I did. Well, there seems to be a certain person interested in this series, so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Let's see:
1A - 552, 1B - 776;
2A - 912, 2B - 1160;
3A - 744, 3B - 840, 3C - 904;
4A - 680, 4B - 744;
so the average of pages in each book is 812 pages. That's why I thought that the books from the fourth volume were kind of short

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Poor Ami, first is Kallen and now is Asama, why she is always the second in harem list of Jun(Toori, Lulu)

Allen-sensei, can you explain about the ability of Asama, especially about the offering part and...some memories she had with Toori. Did he grope her boobs?
Spoiler for Asama:
So now I'm a sensei too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
Tell us about Azuma please, Allen.

Does he/she have a key role given his/her lineage, race belonging to a half-god and sealed powers?
Spoiler for Azuma-kun:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Just two questions about Toori and his power :
Spoiler for power:
Spoiler for Toori:
Old 2011-10-13, 18:38   Link #117
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sup guys!

Any information on the India faction so far? Anything about the Mughals, or Shah Jahan, or his son?

I'm gathering research material for my own dastardly plans in this universe so I don't mind being spoiled.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:58   Link #118
larethian

Quote:
On overage? Around 500-600 I think. "Shorter" one is 300-400 pages, longer one is 800-1000 pages.

手伝えよ。ばかーつきの新しい翻訳者募集してるでしょ?結婚後、あんたの代わりになるかもしれないだよ。代 わりの翻訳者はいないなら、リタイアにさせないわよ。www。

Back to the topic, I'm unlikely going to follow this novel, but with some more push, to aru honyaku-sha might take this up and I'll be able to catch up like Index :P. Although, taking both this and denyuuden might not a good way to motivate yourself to translate :P
well, anyway, the fact that I have more time now is because she's doing her masters abroad. after that, saa, medetashi medetashi toshite mo teaser wo yaru jikan ga aru kamo.

BOT, I'm actually going to start reading this. I want to stop watching the anime but I can't because of Fukuyama Jun as the protag. Motomeru wa Chou-Kakkee Settei, Horizon!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:22   Link #119
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think the term Maus (or mouse or the Katakana マウス), written in kanji as 走狗 (hunting dog or another person's tool), probably means "familiar" or literally "computer mouse", as they are needed to interact with the source of power (e.g. Tomo's access with the Asama Shrine).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 03:00   Link #120
Shion_Sanada
Charlotte`s Knight

Location: Mostly earth, and off course beside Charlotte-tan`s side
Allen-san, please explain a little thing about these question

Spoiler for :

Last edited by Shion_Sanada; 2011-10-14 at 03:30.
Shion_Sanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen