AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-26, 16:42   Link #1
rchill
L

08th MS TEAM

one of the most underated of the gundam series. i enjoyed watching it. it was pretty awesome.. i think that it is the most realistic of all gundams. the gundams here were not as advanced and the pilots were less experienced. the ending was also nice. very moving.

any reactions?
rchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 17:00   Link #2
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Yes I enjoyed 08th MS TEAM it was a very interesting addition to the gundam universe. It was a far more gritty and war-like gundam series than the others of the UC century. It had pilots who were not exactly the best and did not pilot super mobile suits all in all it was a very nice gundam series worthy of mentioning I very much enjoyed it.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 17:16   Link #3
LostBlue
祭囃子

This is personally one of my favs too.

The thing I like about 08MS is the gundams get downgraded over time (lol) due to the lack of parts. And I love that support vehicle. IMO, it's what made the show vastly different from the other Gundams. The utter importance of that vehicle and its lack of being in the spot light made this "team" really feel like a "team" that was working together throughout the series.

And who can argue the enjoyment when an experimental Zaku get raped by a Ball of all things?
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 17:24   Link #4
Android raptor

Eh, I say that if it's anything, it's OVERated. Characters could use some work (yes, I'm looking at you, Ayna), and the whole Shiro/Ayna thing is the third most forced relationship in Gundam (next to Heero/Relena and Kou/Nina). Plus Ghinius should have been in there more, and no, not just for my drooling pleasure.
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 18:27   Link #5
Astaroth

The Best Gundam side story. It really had the feeling of a war story of normal people that only wanted to survive the war.
That cheap gundam was cool and the Gouf norris custom was the best of the show.
As for Ayna and Shiro, they werre a nice couple, not the most realistic of all but it's a gundam story that we are talking about, they never are.
Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 18:36   Link #6
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Just got the Box set on saturday. I'm gonna watch it after exams are done. Can't wait to see it, I love the EZ-8's design.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 19:16   Link #7
lt_shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchill
one of the most underated of the gundam series. i enjoyed watching it. it was pretty awesome.. i think that it is the most realistic of all gundams. the gundams here were not as advanced and the pilots were less experienced. the ending was also nice. very moving.

any reactions?
0080 was more underated than 08th MS Team... But from Zeon point of view, which I liked alot. In war they are no heroes, just the ones that survived.
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 00:47   Link #8
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah...0080 is much more underrated than 08th MS Team...(mainly cause it focuses more on character and less on MS blowing eachother up).

the relationship with Shiro and Aina was DEFINITELY rushed...I mean...they barely meet and then never see eachother again for like...what is it...several months and they're all in love and everything???? (He didn't know she was in the Apsalus I and it wasn't until the Apsalus II that he found out so it HAD to have been quite a bit of time)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 01:24   Link #9
vblaze101

Well, you've got to take into consideration other romantic relationships in Gundam. You have the "newtype connection," such as the one between Kamille and Four. You have "known each other for years and finally coming out with our feelings" deal between Domon (sp?) and Rein. You have the one and only case of "love at first sight" between Garrod Ran and Tiffa Addil. With Shiro and Aina, it was the everyday case of "cool, good-looking guy meets very hot chick" (i.e., physical attraction). Nothing wrong with that. We can't be having every relationship in Gundam have the same basis now can we, hmmm? Besides, I'd be tempted myself if I met some hot Zeonic chick with pale-green hair.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 01:39   Link #10
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I'd rather end up meeting that unknown female Zeon officer at the end, lol
Old 2006-06-27, 01:45   Link #11
vblaze101

You know that reminds me. I wonder if in the Gundam universe(s) if you can refer to girls from outer space as being "exotic," lol. The world may never know.......
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 01:55   Link #12
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I liked this show alot. The Gouf custum is 1 of of my favorite UC MS's.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 08:59   Link #13
Rin-Sama
Banned

08th MS team dealt with the common Gound soilder pilot. And it shows that you don't need to be a Newtype to be an ace pilot! I LOVE KIKI!!!!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 15:01   Link #14
fizzmaister
The Tall One

yes this was a great addition to the REAL robot genre. I just loved the fact that you could have a grunt battle, no uber gundams anywhere. I really found it funny how that one guy was drinking himself to death when he found out that BB got married.
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 15:05   Link #15
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
08th MS team dealt with the common Gound soilder pilot. And it shows that you don't need to be a Newtype to be an ace pilot! I LOVE KIKI!!!!
That's also what I liked about it. No Newtypes anywhere.

It's also what I liked about the Encounters in Space game. Gives you more insight into pilots who were among the best of both sides but NOT Newtypes at all (except for Char, of course, lol).

Also, it shows that not ALL the "small" people (civilians mostly) don't always take bad treatment lying down (Kiki throwing the pilots food into his face XD)
Old 2006-06-27, 19:51   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
That's also what I liked about it. No Newtypes anywhere.
Except the last episode, of course... Though Sunrise doesn't really consider it a part of the rest of the series.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:46   Link #17
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I wouldn't say it's underrated. Seems to be a favorite of most people, and it's acclaimed by nearly all Gundam fans. Great character writing, great fights, great story. What's not to like.
Old 2006-06-27, 22:34   Link #18
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

it has great animation quality but the story drags on and on in the middle. i didnt much care for disc 4, the millers report.

one thing that was funny about the series was how they were trying to make it a bit realistic, "Don't shoot the core, you will blow up the nuclear reactor!!"

i think the character personalities make up a good part of the shows appeal. ayna is a bit over fruity, but its ok, she is supposed to be like that. 0083 will always be the best of the 2 though.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 06:00   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
one thing that was funny about the series was how they were trying to make it a bit realistic, "Don't shoot the core, you will blow up the nuclear reactor!!"
That's actually been in Gundam ever since the original MSG.
Old 2006-06-29, 13:50   Link #20
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

08th MS team tries to be realistic and we all know that it's far from real ;P
But I liked how they did repairs(that one scene with the leg) where they actually had to do a partial repair/replacement while on a mission. That and the selection of weapons for the ground units which where all machine guns and rocket launchers for almost all their missions, beam weapons had special permission I think right?
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote