AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 03:24   Link #101
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
Bring it on.
I should probably warn you though, I am provincial fencing champion, municipal archery champion and most important of all known for cheating during fights.
Interesting. I once hurled an overweight child ten feet into a wall for trying to kick my dog.

Also apparently I'm good in swordplay and stuff.

And my dad could beat up your dad.

Anyway, this makes me wish I could afford a PS3, just for the Voiceovers and epic Krauss alone.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 05:27   Link #102
Witch of Uncertainty

Spoiler for Ep 3 CGI:
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 05:39   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thank god I get to hear Ohara's Beatrice doing the VN.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 05:42   Link #104
Used Can

Now, there's a mystery here. There's going to be a Umineko port for PS3, yet we all know that the PS3 has no games. Maybe they can be seen with love.

Anyway, I cannot wait to read the Rosa Musō scene in the port. It was complete shit in the anime, but it must be delicious to read the same scene from the SN while listening to Ami Koshimizu's voice. My body is not ready.
Old 2010-09-15, 06:13   Link #105
charlieparrot

I just noticed that at http://community.livejournal.com/rokkenjima they wrote "full voice". Does that mean theres voice acting for every scene? (Unlike the Higurashi DS games where it was only sometimes)
charlieparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 07:32   Link #106
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter 923 View Post
I am pro-fantasy. But then i don't see why both should contradict each other, i think its possible to have a detective novel in a fantasy setting as long as there are rules.
OT: See the Lord Darcy series for an example of this.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 08:12   Link #107
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieparrot View Post
I just noticed that at http://community.livejournal.com/rokkenjima they wrote "full voice". Does that mean theres voice acting for every scene? (Unlike the Higurashi DS games where it was only sometimes)
Should be, this is a PS3 game, and it costs 8000 yen
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 08:34   Link #108
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I read that the voice actors will mostly stay the same. I wonder who will change. I'm hoping that Mariko Mizuno will be returning as Siesta 45, I really liked her (and she's new in the business so she could really use this). I also hope that Fuyuka Oura will return as Lambdadelta and that Minori Chihara will return as Sakutarou, and Kikuko Inoue as Virgilia... and Tomokazu Sugita as Ronove... and Yuki Kaida as Gaap. Basically the voice actors in the anime were probably one of the few things I liked about the anime, so I don't want them to change (The ones I wouldn't mind them changing were already confirmed to return anyway so meh).

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 09:13   Link #109
DearMe

Send a message via MSN to DearMe
De-lurking to ask a quick question. Could someone please link to some websites where I could import this game (preferably without the help of a third party). The only place I know of is AmiAmi, and they're selling a sexy Beato telephone card with the preorder.

I heard of those truth pens. Where would I find those?

This'll be my first time importing a game from Japan to play it. I can't read or understand Japanese. xD;
DearMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 09:19   Link #110
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I read that the voice actors will mostly stay the same. I wonder who will change.
On 4chan they say that the only two voice actors who won't be returning are Okonogi and Sumadera Kasumi.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 09:34   Link #111
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
On 4chan they say that the only two voice actors who won't be returning are Okonogi and Sumadera Kasumi.
They will, because they also voice Krauss and Kyrie.
Old 2010-09-15, 09:49   Link #112
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
They will, because they also voice Krauss and Kyrie.
which means we got new voiceactors for Okonogi and Kasumi

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:00   Link #113
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Awesome! It kinda bothered me that Kasumi had the same seiyuu as Kyrie.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:23   Link #114
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieparrot View Post
I think it will only be for the lines that are actually spoken aloud than what's going on in their heads, which is what the Higurashi ports did.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:25   Link #115
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearMe View Post
I can't read or understand Japanese.
But you have read and understood the story, right? It shouldn't be too much of a problem then.

Old 2010-09-15, 11:00   Link #116
DearMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
But you have read and understood the story, right? It shouldn't be too much of a problem then.
Correct. I'm not too worried about that. I own the original EP 1-6, so I'm mostly just buying it because I'm such a big fan. :3
A translation patch would be awesome, though. >w>
Old 2010-09-15, 11:35   Link #117
immblueversion

Quote:
Correct. I'm not too worried about that. I own the original EP 1-6, so I'm mostly just buying it because I'm such a big fan. :3
A translation patch would be awesome, though. >w>
Not as awesome as a Chiru port. It would significantly make up for the increasingly unlikely anime adaptation, considering they do voices for that.

Old 2010-09-15, 12:40   Link #118
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
De-lurking to ask a quick question. Could someone please link to some websites where I could import this game (preferably without the help of a third party). The only place I know of is AmiAmi, and they're selling a sexy Beato telephone card with the preorder.

I heard of those truth pens. Where would I find those?

This'll be my first time importing a game from Japan to play it. I can't read or understand Japanese. xD;
Yeah, I'm also waiting to see if more sites will carry it. In particular keep looking back at Play-Asia and (hopefully - I have coupons/points ) CDJapan and I'm sure it will eventually show up. CDJapan in particular only seems to have up to early November for game pre-orders so maybe it'll be up in a month or so?

I would probably bet on AmiAmi being the cheapest in the end (if you want to forego the telephone card they also now have it for 6680 yen), but there's still plenty of time to delay ordering .

I thought I heard that the pens came with all pre-orders and the telephone cards/whatnot were just store-specific extras. But I could be wrong.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 15:30   Link #119
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
I think it will only be for the lines that are actually spoken aloud than what's going on in their heads, which is what the Higurashi ports did.
I assume they will do the same they did for the final version of Higurashi Matsuri (where they updated Keiichi's inner monologues to the full-voice in the Kakera Asobi version). So I think everything that is actually narrated by a character will be voiced by that character, but of course there are also many scenes that are just narrated, so they will still be plain text.

Still I'm surprised how quickly they got that finished, if you think about how much voice acting that still is. Do those seiyuu have no other jobs right now? I mean, winter anime castings must be happening right now, or not?!

Well, I'm still eager to see if there will be any changes to the script in the end. I think small things like references to existing popular culture will propably happen again.

I'm eager to hear from people how they did this, but I will probably not be able to get this anytime soon, because the PS3 is practically useless for me except for Umineko. Maybe I will get one when it's cheaper and they release a bundle together with the Chiru chapters.
Old 2010-09-15, 15:36   Link #120
DearMe

Quote:
Not as awesome as a Chiru port. It would significantly make up for the increasingly unlikely anime adaptation, considering they do voices for that.
You have a point there. Despite the bad sales for the anime, I'd still like to see Chiru animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
Yeah, I'm also waiting to see if more sites will carry it. In particular keep looking back at Play-Asia and (hopefully - I have coupons/points ) CDJapan and I'm sure it will eventually show up. CDJapan in particular only seems to have up to early November for game pre-orders so maybe it'll be up in a month or so?

I would probably bet on AmiAmi being the cheapest in the end (if you want to forego the telephone card they also now have it for 6680 yen), but there's still plenty of time to delay ordering .

I thought I heard that the pens came with all pre-orders and the telephone cards/whatnot were just store-specific extras. But I could be wrong.
Thanks for the information! I think I may end up buying from AmiAmi in the end. The sexy Beato is very hard for me to resist. >w>