AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-03, 12:33   Link #741
Sheep_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylen View Post
Set the layout for yourself... or borrow mine (which a few others use too, barring some minor differences)
Spoiler for Hidden for size:
Thank you, but I'm still getting problems with the controller were the movement stuff isn't working.

I can get my xbox controller to work just fine, but I don't know how to set up my meta field button with it.
Old 2011-01-03, 12:55   Link #742
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidan View Post
Playing in Network, maybe? That's the only place they show up in the game, as far as I know.. or maybe they're for a patch later.

You got the Seagulls' voices already?
Yeah, I got them. They're really funny, btw. Ronove, however, is the most hilarious IMO. Unfortunately I have some problems with connection, so online play is impossible right now. I hope I solve them soon.

Has anybody experienced the same, that the voices 23 and 24 are impossible to unlock? If so, maybe it's from Rena and Bern. I hope so.

Also guys, this is a fighting game. The story is not the most important thing in this kind of game, it's the gameplay/characters/stage/music that are more important. For a first attempt at fighting games, 07thExpansion did a great job. There are still some problems there in gameplay, but I'm sure a patch will be released soon. And besides, the endings are good enough for me.
Old 2011-01-03, 13:42   Link #743
Worldend Dominator
Territory Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
True.
While Bern was actually found by forcing the game to highlight the upper middle coffin,
not to mention she already has a fancy portrait and there was a stance sprite found within the game files.
All we got for Rena right now is her name, since she wasn't found by highlighting the lower coffin, I'm a bit suspicious if the name was left there on purpose.
Are there any pictures, beside that STEF dump? I'd like to see her sprite
Old 2011-01-03, 15:31   Link #744
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldend Dominator View Post
Are there any pictures, beside that STEF dump? I'd like to see her sprite
Does this work for you?

Last edited by Nanashi_1337; 2011-01-03 at 16:13.
Old 2011-01-03, 16:08   Link #745
ameskitty
Kupo

This game actually works on a fairly recent integrated graphics card with a not-so-awesome 2Ghz processor. It's not perfect - the movie lags, and sometimes it drops into the high 20s (usually when switching in and out of meta), but it's definitely playable and can usually keep 45-60 fps. If you have a less than 3-year-old computer, even if it's a laptop and doesn't have a decent graphics card, I think you won't have too many problems. The website's suggested specs are a bit on the overly cautious side .

Now to fix these weird automatically-chosen settings for the PS3 controller...(when does triangle ever make menu selections?)...and to wait for a patch with at least Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Jessica, George, Krauss, and/or Rosa .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2011-01-03, 16:18   Link #746
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Does this work for you?

I thought it was supposed to move...?

Anyway, the whole Rena thing is either 07 playing favorites and wanting to add her in before other Umineko characters but decided not to or her name (and Bern's) was just used for testing... Though, I find the latter hard to believe since he could of just used Beatrice and Battler if he was just testing...
Old 2011-01-03, 16:24   Link #747
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I thought it was supposed to move...?

You only asked for a sprite. Another thing is an animation. Unfortunately, I only have this, which was posted by somebody else in this forum before.
Old 2011-01-03, 16:37   Link #748
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Spoiler for Battler/Ronove Ending:

Well I just finished Ronove/Battler... and... well... uhhh...
(Can't read it though, so ask someone else for a translation)

Oh and his CHECKMATE is hilarious XD
Old 2011-01-03, 17:42   Link #749
Kairi_Jenn
Female Plot Device

I used the keybind to change the controls, and when I ran kbrebind.exe it said that the controls were changed, and that the GameMain-kb.exe was created. But, when click GameMain-kb.exe to play, the controls haven't changed at all.

Help, please?
Old 2011-01-03, 17:51   Link #750
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi_Jenn View Post
I used the keybind to change the controls, and when I ran kbrebind.exe it said that the controls were changed, and that the GameMain-kb.exe was created. But, when click GameMain-kb.exe to play, the controls haven't changed at all.

Help, please?
First, you manually changed the controls, or you just pressed ok and thought it will do that? Also check it you really did the mapping correctly.

Second, change the name of the file created to the original one (keep the old one by renaming it to another thing).
Old 2011-01-03, 18:03   Link #751
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:

Help, please?
Do you have UAC on? Try running the game in Administrator Mode (Right-Click -> Run as Administrator)
Old 2011-01-03, 18:16   Link #752
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
Spoiler for Battler/Ronove Ending:

Well I just finished Ronove/Battler... and... well... uhhh...
(Can't read it though, so ask someone else for a translation)

Oh and his CHECKMATE is hilarious XD
Holy...!!
You can say a lot of things about this game,
but its endings are undoubtedly hilarious when they are supposed to be.

Also, anyone else found this incredibly amusing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQiy0RWyMAY

Last edited by CrimsonMoonMist; 2011-01-03 at 18:46.
Old 2011-01-03, 18:28   Link #753
Kairi_Jenn
Female Plot Device

@Nanashi_1337: I... went into the kbrebind.ini file and typed in new controls myself. And then saved it. And then saw that within krebeind.exe, the controls had apparently changed, and I just pressed enter to close, like it said.
Old 2011-01-03, 18:55   Link #754
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
@Nanashi_1337: I... went into the kbrebind.ini file and typed in new controls myself. And then saved it. And then saw that within krebeind.exe, the controls had apparently changed, and I just pressed enter to close, like it said.
Put in a Spoiler what you wrote. Maybe I can spot something wrong there.
Old 2011-01-03, 18:55   Link #755
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I also have the black screen problem. I looked around and some people say it might be a problem with my video card (ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO), could that be it?
Old 2011-01-03, 19:06   Link #756
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Possibly?

So you can't see anything but can hear stuff? Can you also hear yourself navigating through the menu?
Old 2011-01-03, 19:12   Link #757
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
At first, yeah. The second time I hear confirmation noises (pressed x repeatedly) and after that, nothing.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:13   Link #758
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Hi, I went to /jp/ with this problem and nobody answered, so I figured my last resort is here. ;-;
I installed the game perfectly, I have all my bgms in, everything is in, I can play just fine. The only problem is, I hear no bgms whatsoever. I checked the options and put the bgm volume at max, I closed it and opened it up again, restarted my laptop after installing, I even uninstalled it and reinstalled, and nothing. Everything else is perfectly fine except for this problem, which is bugging me out, because I have all the bgms installed and in it's folder. Thank you in advance for the help. <3
Old 2011-01-03, 19:20   Link #759
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
At first, yeah. The second time I hear confirmation noises (pressed x repeatedly) and after that, nothing.
All I can suggest is try to reinstall the latest DirectX version you can use on your computer. The fact nothing happens after a while (pressing x repeatedly should bring you into Arcade mode and character select - so you should hear the names of the characters you chose) seems like it can't even load the sprites or something.. at least, that's what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
Hi, I went to /jp/ with this problem and nobody answered, so I figured my last resort is here. ;-;
I installed the game perfectly, I have all my bgms in, everything is in, I can play just fine. The only problem is, I hear no bgms whatsoever. I checked the options and put the bgm volume at max, I closed it and opened it up again, restarted my laptop after installing, I even uninstalled it and reinstalled, and nothing. Everything else is perfectly fine except for this problem, which is bugging me out, because I have all the bgms installed and in it's folder. Thank you in advance for the help. <3
You can play the BGM audio on it's own right? i.e. in windows media player. I suspect you should be able to.... do you have additional audio codecs installed on your system? It may interfere with the game playing them. AFAIK, Ougon uses your systems video codec settings to play the OP video, so it wouldn't surprise me if it also uses whatever audio codecs you have as well.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:22   Link #760
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I just got this yesterday, I'm having so much fun with it!

But, I know everyone's posting their problems here, but I really have no idea to make the analog stick work for my PS3 controller with Motioninjoy. Everything else is working perfectly for me, the d-pad and buttons, yet the analog stick doesn't respond at all. I clicked enable for the controller settings in Motioninjoy and even did the little test thing with the analog stick shown working. Sorry if the game doesn't support analog and this is just a waste post, I just get major blisters from the d-pad.