AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 36.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 12.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-14, 19:41   Link #101
ElementSun

has anyone noticed the flip between Matsuri's and Aono's personality from the past to the present?

strange...

Also, I too would like to see the half glass full and believe that Yorito and Matsuri are still alive somehwere
Old 2008-06-05, 22:11   Link #102
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Well, i'm bringing up an old thread, but I just want to clarify some points.

Yorito, after knowing that he was fake and made of paper, wished that he died because he did not want to live a fake life, and wanted her sister to move on.

Matsuri realizing that she loved yorito agreed with him and decided that she wanted to disappear with him too. If this is not the case, what is Masturi's motive to ending her own life?

Based on these two intentions at the end, they wanted Aono to have a second chance at life.

Can someone verify this?

Good closure I would say and I am a year late watching, but thank god I was able to pick it up in time.
Old 2008-12-04, 00:21   Link #103
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

After re-watching all the episodes of sola again, I was reminded of how much I loved this series. I always enjoyed happy endings, and I felt sola really ended on a high note. You really see how much Mana changed from the second OVA episode to this last episode. It was also nice to see Aono get a second chance in life. It was nice seeing her happy at the end, and seeing her in a uniform is an epic win. Of course, you can't talk sola without mentioning Matsuri and Yorito, and the way they sacrifice their "lives" to give Aono a new life is just amazing. A great final episode.
Old 2008-12-04, 00:46   Link #104
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Well, i'm bringing up an old thread, but I just want to clarify some points.

Yorito, after knowing that he was fake and made of paper, wished that he died because he did not want to live a fake life, and wanted her sister to move on.

Matsuri realizing that she loved yorito agreed with him and decided that she wanted to disappear with him too. If this is not the case, what is Masturi's motive to ending her own life?

Based on these two intentions at the end, they wanted Aono to have a second chance at life.

Can someone verify this?

Good closure I would say and I am a year late watching, but thank god I was able to pick it up in time.
Yes, I think so too.

Matsuri and Yorito decided to do that in the end, it's kind a happy ending but a sad one as well since Matsuri and Yorito died. After watching the final episode a year ago, I feel sad whenever I listen to Biinkan na Fuukei. Took me a week to get over it. -_-

I suggest listening to the sola audio drama, in case you haven't listened to it yet. It tells about something that happened before episode one of the anime.
Old 2008-12-12, 07:18   Link #105
HooHirai

I think they were thinking about the happiness of Aono first, I dont feel like it was a real wish of dying but more a wish of sacrying themselves for her ! They both were really happy and Yorito seem to have accepted his condition (the talk between Matsuri and Yorito when she said that she didn't remembered how was the previous Yorito and right now she only see him)... Like Matsuri.
Yorito did a promise to Matsuri and that was a good reason for him to staying alive but when it came to help Matsuri for saving his sister, he didn't hesitated.
For Matsuri I think she felt guilty about transfoming Aono and that was why she wanted that bad to sacrifying herself.
Old 2010-01-31, 05:17   Link #106
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Apologies of necroing this but the ending was beautiful.

In the end Aono got a new lease of life and Yorito and Matsuri did see the sky in the end figuratively speaking. I also like how this was alluded to in the previous ep when Yorito asks Matsuri how is it like to die.
Old 2010-02-11, 23:08   Link #107
strategos

Damn, this series. Sola Wow haven't seeing it in a while. Has it been license?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2010-02-12, 04:39   Link #108
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Damn, this series. Sola Wow haven't seeing it in a while. Has it been license?
If you mean USA then yes, it has.
Old 2010-02-12, 21:36   Link #109
strategos

HAs the bundle collection been release/?
Voice actor are good?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2010-02-13, 08:36   Link #110
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
HAs the bundle collection been release/?
Voice actor are good?
No idea....I watch the originals.
Old 2010-02-13, 10:21   Link #111
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

There is no dub, it was released as sub-only.
Closed Thread