AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-04, 21:26   Link #961
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Damn that is so cool.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:42   Link #962
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm... well not really hating on the long haired dude but comparing it to Bayonetta is a bit unfair. Dev time of two years tops, Bayonetta despite being a new IP is, for me, a spiritual sequel to DMC as it retains the general core feel of DMC and just turns it female(Another way of saying it is that the crew had a clearer vision of what they wanted). The playstyle is utterly different that Revengeance prioritizes efficiency over stylishness... despite all those backflips and OTT moves. It makes me wonder if he'd give the game a chance if a sequel came out.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:10   Link #963
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

KojimaPro actually wanted Rising to have more stylishness (see things that fell to the ground) but PG commented it would enough if they focused on cutting enemies. Metal Gear Rising is kind of a sequel to Solid 4 but focused more in Raiden's movements rather than his stealth. I like KojiPro's decision to make it an action game to make the series appeal to more gamers. Atlus did something similar last year with Persona 4 Arena that attracted fighting games fans.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:28   Link #964
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think what could've been implemented as a stealth feature would be some sort of a "neutralize before alert" approach. It would emphasize less on how good you could hide, and more on how you take out these guys in the shortest amount of time without giving any single one a chance to even breathe.

Stylishness comes in the form of killing multiple guys at once, stealth in how to avoid getting into crap tossing contest and just the general feel of cutting stuff up is retained. This also puts more emphasis on blade mode which slows down time as you want them to spend as little time alive as possible.

I can't say the same for a non-lethal approach but that's not something I like too much... yeah... I have issues.

In think both KojiPro and Platinum tried to achieve this but just fell short.

Though I do have to admire Platinum Games. They knew they were pressed for time and quickly decided which elements of the game had to be cut. They have priorities and they have conviction.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 03:24   Link #965
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:06   Link #966
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

LOL cats.

anyways Genos from the manga Onepunch-man a brother separated by birth

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...s7epo1_400.png
Old 2013-03-05, 07:12   Link #967
kyouray
2D > 3D

Unlocked Revengeance mode and I tried the 1st chapter. Ok that's too much for me.
Old 2013-03-05, 09:55   Link #968
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

One last review/analysis/discussion/impression video, I promise

By Alarmhat.

Old 2013-03-05, 11:24   Link #969
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Some other images

Solid Rising artwork

Old 2013-03-05, 18:49   Link #970
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Now that's quality artwork and designs.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:55   Link #971
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been casually playing through this over the past few days and its been pretty awesome (I especially liked the fight with Sam) and I loved all the nods to MGS and such however the last boss has pretty much ruined the entire game for me not because its utterly absurd but because its stupidly difficult and most importantly incredibly frustrating compared to any other fight throughout the game.

I don't have any nano-repair kits and his attacks deal so much damage that I die in no time (even seem to take damage while parrying) but at one stage after what felt like half an hour of dodging and hit and run attacks I had him down to about 60hp when he started to continually spam the throwing debris attack which I managed to miss one cut on which meant and insta-death.............again for about the 20th time.

So yeah I'm a bit miffed.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:57   Link #972
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I've been casually playing through this over the past few days and its been pretty awesome and I especially liked the fight with Sam however the last boss has pretty much ruined the entire game for me not because its utterly absurd but because its frustratingly difficult compared to any other fight throughout the game.

I don't have any nano-repair kits and his attacks deal so much damage that I die in no time (even seem to take damage while parrying) but at one stage after what felt like half an hour of dodging and hit and run attacks I had him down to about 60hp when he started to continually spam the throwing debris attack which I managed to miss one cut on which meant and insta-death.............again for about the 20th time.

So yeah I'm a bit miffed.
Well, actually... if you manage to actually cut all the debris he throws... they drop repair kits.... just to let you know~
Old 2013-03-05, 19:58   Link #973
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You can ninja run to the side to avoid the debris.

Also dodge is your best friend in this fight, more so than parry.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:18   Link #974
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I know thats what I have been doing, I've watched videos on youtube but his attack pattern just doesnt seem the same and all he does for me is walk about slowly and then launches some AOE attacks and that grab so I never get that parry attack (where he knocks the sword out of your hand and you gut punch him) he just beats me down with the same bunch of attacks and then spams the debris attack.

Literally tearing my hair out at it.

Old 2013-03-05, 20:25   Link #975
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Look at the patterns on his attacks.

Also when he's charging doing an AOE attack look at the ground and go to the nearest safest where you won't get hit my the lava, also you need to be a little quick on your reflexes because he can come at you charging with a kick or grab move. Grab moves do a ninja run and jump to avoid it, the kick can be parried. He can also heal himself , but that's the easiest part since you just need to blade mode one area of his body.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:39   Link #976
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yeah.... no I'm not going to bother trying it again now its annoyed me that much, its just stupid how much more difficult the last section is compared to the rest of the game and for me it isn't even as remotely enjoyable as the other boss fights either.

Old 2013-03-05, 20:39   Link #977
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've seen other codec stuff and it makes sense why Raiden chose to work with Maverick. Cyborg's still aren't "prevalent" in society since MGS4, since outside of wounded PMCs members (who are indefinitely contracted to their PMC until they can pay off the debt due to the cost of the surgery) and wealthy citizens who happen to need a single prosthetic, cyborgs are still pretty rare in Rising, outside of the PMC that you're facing, they're not even common in state armies. Cyborgs are still generally a "weird" thing in Rising and part of why Raiden says he couldn't handle a civillian life since even with fake-skin grafts, he still felt judged and uncomfortable even shopping with his family.

That explains that Shinkawa picture with the giant coat.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:47   Link #978
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The last boss fight needed to hard so they up the anti with Armstrong Gray HULK lol. But damn it was epic!

As for flesh skin grafting I guess MGS4 since we still see linings on on areas on Raiden and the MGR codec conversations, one reason why Raiden probably still uneasy with his family life and like old Jack the ripper he still does what he wants.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:48   Link #979
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Yeah.... no I'm not going to bother trying it again now its annoyed me that much, its just stupid how much more difficult the last section is compared to the rest of the game and for me it isn't even as remotely enjoyable as the other boss fights either.
Honestly, I didn't really find the final boss that difficult until I fought him on Very Hard were there was a painfully clear spike in difficulty, so I really don't understand your sentiments on this. Maybe you haven't upgraded your health, energy or weapons to a decent level yet.

I'll have to 100% disagree with it being un-enjoyable though, fighting a ripped nanomachine-induced politician is a pretty absurd scenario, but when you consider what else we've gotten in the Metal Gear franchise it's not too out there by Metal Gear standards. Not to mention the atmosphere of destruction around you two and awesome music in that fight make it just incredibly epic in scale.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:51   Link #980
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He kicked my ass badly on Hard difficulty; A couple of things that worked for me.

As a general rule this boss is touch and go, meaning like Sundowner you should not commit to a full on barrage if he is still standing upright.

1) The trailblazer move - This is where he summons a 'low' fire wall; You don't actually need to wait for the flames to completely die down. You can cross it almost immediately after he recovers from it.

2) The Inferno Wall move - This is where he summons a 'high' fire wall that last a long time. During this period, he is actually pretty passive most of the time. Several times I actually stopped moving and waited till the flames died down... Which took a while.

3) Golden Veins thingy - Obviously you know how to avoid these, but if possible try to run behind him. Once out of sight he would not do the dash attack.

4) Grab attack - Dodge to the side, twice in case, similar to the Mastiff. Don't rely on jumping though- Unlike the Mastiff, this guy can jump grab.

5) Explosion - Dodge twice backwards, that's all there is to it.