Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 11:02   Link #181
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The difference between survivability in a shield-specced warrior an a two-handed specced one is huge. Even more so when you start using the various modes against certain mobs, making you virtually immune against knockdowns, extremely hard to kill by arrows and so on. Making shield warriors champions also allows them to throw around auras that increase defense even more.

My Templar-Reaver usually stands in the thick of battle, getting hit the most in the entire party, yet Sten and Oghren always manage to die first. And that's without using any of the modes.
2 Handers are more towards DD, but with strategy you can use them to take out rangers and mages fast if you don't have a Rogue in your party. They got plenty of life and protection and are able to deal damage out really fast.

But you still have to be careful of assassins. There is no skill that deters against backstabs, which ignore armor + crit.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 11:03   Link #182
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Templar-Reaver
Almost an oxymoron considering Reaver is basically in every sense a form of blood magic.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:20   Link #183
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Exactly why I did it. My Templar is the biggest hypocrite around, he'll kill Blood Mages no matter how good or evil the deed they're performing, unless they give him a suitable monetary or empowering reward. His stance on his use of blood magic is "I am using it to hunt apostates, that makes it right."

Yeah, I build my characters on role-playing rather than stats.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:20   Link #184
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Almost an oxymoron considering Reaver is basically in every sense a form of blood magic.
Isn't it wonderful?
Old 2009-11-15, 15:05   Link #185
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Leliana looks totally diffrent in the CGI trailers. while Morrigan looks pretty much the same and looks better ingame than Leliana does.
I actually think that both Morrigan and Leliana are better looking ingame then in that CGI Trailer. Much much better...

Shame that Alistar isn't showed. I wonder how he would look. =)
Old 2009-11-15, 17:25   Link #186
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I hate this... my coworkers have the game and they're always talking about it, I want in on it!!! But I'm stuck here in my office T-T.. Tomorrow... tomorrow...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 20:40   Link #187
Skane
Anime Snark

Generally speaking, if you have someone capable of casting Force Field, the Revenants are pushovers. Your tank will have the initial aggro, but eventually, the Revenant may seek out another target and will abandon all reason to pursue that target till the bitter end.

You cast Force Field on that target, and make the Revenant waste all that mighty dps of his on damage immunity... It is at this point that you throw all your available dps on it.

If you don't have Force Field, do not despair. You can still kite... Simply control whoever the Revenant is targetting, and dance around an object with the Revenant in tow. Always keep that object between you and the Revenant, be it be a rock, a tree, or a table...

The reason is simple enough, it prevents you from getting pulled right next to him when he casts his Pull spell. The object... blocks you.

Using this method, the only healing I ever needed to do was from the AoE cleaves, which I could have probably avoided as well if I switched everybody to range. I generally only burn about 4-5 health pots per Revenant, usually less.

Cheers.
Old 2009-11-16, 13:59   Link #188
Jaden

Fireball is awesome. Makes things a lot easier when you start every battle by knocking everyone down and setting them on fire. And you can use it even if you're locked in melee, as long as your party is located on the same side in relation to your foes. Drakes are giving me trouble because they just shrug off fireballs....I'm possibly relying on it too much. :P

On revenants I just use flame weapons and lots of healing. They resist spells very often.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 15:24   Link #189
SageGaiGar
You are Next

One of my buddies is going the Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage route. So far his char survives *everything* ... while team Alistair, Morrigan, and Wynne gets wtfpwned all the time. Silly mages fighting upfront. FailTactics.
Old 2009-11-16, 16:33   Link #190
ZeroForever

i have the blood/arcane build... though honestly i've gotten to the point where i really don't need to use it and it's more of a fun thing if i wanna solo things. it's usually faster just to spam skills to kill everything honestly.

side thoughts Ranger class is pretty uber... the pets are pretty much equal to the dog PC and each have unique sets of skills that don't interfere with what the rogue is doing. Seriously overpower, dread howl, charge, are very good disables and they do good damage (50 a hit about for me at least) only real down side is you have to set the micros for them each time there summoned as it resets and there skill bars don't show there full range of moves.
Old 2009-11-16, 16:33   Link #191
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

The only logical solution to foes shrugging off Fireball is more Fireball... with a splash of Inferno, don't forget the Grease.

I'm a chronic pauser, my fights were (usually I could get the drop) *pause* Send in Alister - Earthquake - Inferno - Mass Paralysis(Sleep) *un-Pause* those go off together *pause* Grease *un-pause/pause* Fireball... *un-pause* Alister to taunt them and keep them in the flames, then watch the fireworks (that initial setup takes about 5 seconds in real time). Variations of that have kept me through every fight, cept the big bosses... take more care with those otherwise its BBQ central.

Whats the 'blood/arcane' build?
Old 2009-11-16, 17:18   Link #192
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
I dont really recall pausing a LOT during battle, only if I lose track of what's going on or use a spell that isnt in any of the tactic slots (Group Heal), but mostly when I need to carefully aim Cone of Cold so I dont hit my teammates.

I should have Morrigan learn Fireball sooner in my next playthrough, I have all her Ice and Lightning spells but none of Fire. (and Rock, but I consider that not very useful) =/
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 17:36   Link #193
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

mages are OP, seriously
Old 2009-11-16, 20:35   Link #194
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

finally installing the game, but goddamn 15gigs? O_O.. pc games just keep getting more and more massive.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:04   Link #195
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
finally installing the game, but goddamn 15gigs? O_O.. pc games just keep getting more and more massive.
thats a good thing my dear friend.
Old 2009-11-17, 00:10   Link #196
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You can compare that size to Kurumu's boobs.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:11   Link #197
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You can compare that size to Kurumu's boobs.
more like Tifas.... Kurumu's don't compare...
Old 2009-11-17, 00:14   Link #198
Jaden

Mages are OP. Fits well with the story though, most people in the world fear them. You can intimidate bandits etc. untact folk into shitting their pants by just convincing them you're a mage. The only legit magic school in the world is watched by a battallion of templars to keep them in check. It's fitting that they actually have spells that would give pause to small armies.

There are also very few mages, to balance things out. (Exception being the dragon cult, which seems to have at least 100 mages)
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:25   Link #199
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yet Templars should woop mages with much more ease and shouldnt be afraid of them. yet here we are getting owned by tiny spells.
Old 2009-11-17, 01:50   Link #200
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It's not the mages thats OP (can they do 317 single target dps like the rogue does? can they keep aggro as long as they're alive like the warrior? nope!), its just that certain skills needs to be fixed.

Arcane Warrior's Shimmering Shield does NOT turn off once you run out of mana in the PC, meaning you can be nigh invincible for as long as you like. And with blood mage, you can still cast things as well even under permanent Shield. That's just an exploit no matter how I see it; it's roughly equivalent to a WoW Paladin that has Divine Shield permanently up.

Cone of Cold by itself is good, but considering freezing does NOT do diminishing returns like stuns, you can permafreeze even cold immune enemies like the revenants with multiple mages. Easily remedied by having freeze do diminshing returns like stuns.

Force Field is just too cheap for its cost. Lower duration and cooldown time, but keep same mana cost. So you can save your tank from being instaglibbed by a grab, but can't keep an enemy occupied for a lenthy amount of time without being a drain on your mana.

Vast majority of spells don't need Line of Sight. This is especially devastating with AoEs, when you can AoE the unsuspecting enemies from the other side of the wall via overhead view. Fix is simple, have them require LoS like Blood Mage's Blood Wound does. Or even have enemies have greater range detection on harder difficulties, so there will be loads of times when you have to aim the AoE via third person (and that makes it 10x harder).

Apart from that, I have no problems with mages. They have excellent crowd control/AoE/support skills like they should since they have pathetic normal dps and survivability, but the above items listed is just a wee bit too powerful.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360