AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 05:38   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's Fate from the Nanoha series which I just started watching last week after seeing all the hype for it. It gets kick ass from episode 4 onwards once Fate gets introduced.

Anyway back to WoW, really interesting in seeing the notes for 2.3, a lot of changes inc due to arena...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 12:09   Link #102
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I'm looking forward to it, I really can't wait...lvl 80 cap, and stuffs, Doing series of quests at 80 to get the Death Night, that's just awsomes, plus there will be new dances...and come on, who doens't love the dances alrady...lol, All the new fetures that are comming out, It's going to be awsomes....You know what would be cool though...They add in like Pick pocketing for players..like...Alliance Players can Pick Pocket Horde players and vise versa, that would be so cool
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 20:53   Link #103
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's Fate from the Nanoha series which I just started watching last week after seeing all the hype for it. It gets kick ass from episode 4 onwards once Fate gets introduced.

Anyway back to WoW, really interesting in seeing the notes for 2.3, a lot of changes inc due to arena...
cool I'll have to watch it.

What I want to see in this is how it will affect the talent tree. I hope that if it changes it alot that they'll let us reset them for free...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 11:17   Link #104
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Well, if you ask me...each thing is bassicaly going with Warcraft...World of Warcraft- Warcraft
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade- Warcraft II
I think World of Warcraft- Wrath of the Lich King is going to be with Warcraft III
Then their going to make another one for when Warcraft IIII comes out...It's how blizzard roles yo!! lol
Old 2007-09-20, 12:21   Link #105
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
cool I'll have to watch it.

What I want to see in this is how it will affect the talent tree. I hope that if it changes it alot that they'll let us reset them for free...
talent respec is dirt cheap now with TBC's economy.
Old 2007-09-23, 09:44   Link #106
Ending

Stopped playing WoW about two weeks ago due of the lack of raiding on our server and the poor survivability of my class (priest), so hopefully the new expansion fixes those things. Not going back until it is published.

The new Death Knight class sounds fancy, but nothing truly interesting. What I'm currently wondering is how the talent-trees will look like at lv.80. Priests really could use some loving there, so hopefully they add new talents -especially to the healing tree.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 10:16   Link #107
digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Stopped playing WoW about two weeks ago due of the lack of raiding on our server and the poor survivability of my class (priest), so hopefully the new expansion fixes those things. Not going back until it is published.
If your budget permits and you want to play more often, you should scope out some other servers and think about a character transfer. I currently play on Executus (PvP) server, Horde side. I don't really know enough about the economy or population in respect to other servers. It seems fairly populated, economy is all right, and I've been raiding (Karazhan) weekly. :s
digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 13:10   Link #108
Ending

The thing is that I don't have a credit card and use the pre-paid time-cards. I can't bugger to start all over again either, since all the grinding is just too much. Having just one guild to choose from raiding-wise, since PuGs can't get past Moroes, Sha'Tar (EU) doesn't have much to offer end-game wise.

Besides, I needed the break. When was the last time you had yours?
Old 2007-09-26, 13:24   Link #109
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
The thing is that I don't have a credit card and use the pre-paid time-cards. I can't bugger to start all over again either, since all the grinding is just too much. Having just one guild to choose from raiding-wise, since PuGs can't get past Moroes, Sha'Tar (EU) doesn't have much to offer end-game wise.

Besides, I needed the break. When was the last time you had yours?
Personally, I love my priest. About the grinding and leveling, though, in an upcoming patch they are going to make leveling a lot easier. I hear XP from quests is going up, XP from mob killing is going up, and XP needed to level is going down.

Breaks from the game are good though. I've played on and off since WoW was released..if the game ever becomes 'not fun,' it's good to take a break for a few months. If you come back, the game feels so much fun afterwards.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 12:55   Link #110
Ending

Hopefully, since there was slightly too much grinding despite the dungeon runs I did. And some poor bastards haven't done a single one of them even at lv.70. It would be neat if the exp2 would make at least one dungeon mandatory for everyone.

What I really hated with priests, such as this one here, is the fact that anything at anytime can kill us for sure without risk of us getting away or being able to effectively retaliate. Most of our spells can be either dodged, countered, or -deadly- interrupted in PvP. On the other hand, paladins nowdays do much better job in healing at the PvE side, so it's kinda boring of being a lackluster class at both sides. Wouldn't even dare to imagine going to the arenas...
Old 2007-09-27, 19:16   Link #111
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

My biggest concern in wow is accessing to higher level content. It is pretty hard forming or joining a guild that has players that want to progress or have enough time to raid and farm like it is required. I have been stuck in gruuls lair for over 2 months now because it is so hard to find the required class balance and people to beat mag, void reaver and so on =\

I wish all raids were 10 to 15 man only then it would so much easier to progress in this game.

Check my l33t gear! :P
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thas&n=Sugetsu

PS: check out my Gruul Kill video lol
http://files.filefront.com/Gruul+the.../fileinfo.html
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 10:42   Link #112
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Well...What I see is the fact of the lvl cap...I think with that lvl cap, Kara is going to be like nothing anymore...I mean, the guild I'm in, It's hard for us to get a guild run in because it's an aussie server, so getting an Aussi and US team together is a bit difficult due to differnt time zones....And the guild I'm in, another problem with that is the fact that our leader is making the US team stop because it's interferring with his runs, Everyone is wanting to do the US team time runs rather then the Aussie time....but once WotLK comes out..With the new lvl cap and area...it will be like nothing XD...It will just be there, just because...That's what I'm guessing anyways....They might just raise the lvl cap for Kara from 70 to 80 as well..but I doubt that...So
Old 2007-09-28, 11:18   Link #113
hooliganj
Team Player

My main char has never been in a guild that can even do Kara, much less take a stab at all the stuff that comes after, due to the simple fact that I play a Ret Pally. Raid guilds are slaves to the formula that gives the best chance of success, and any class that doesn't conform is left in the cold. So, personally, I want to see more solo and small group oriented content, and for that to happen, apparently a whole new expansion needs to come out.

As for the raids becoming useless - well, yeah, of course. Kara is going to be just like Onyxia is now. Only run occasionally, and only by people looking to finish off the quest line or just for nostalgia's sake. Either way it's embarassingly easy to down the boss with a raid full of 70s (Onyxia, that is - Melchazzar will be easy with 80s). Black Temple and Zul'aman will be like Molten Core and Sunwell will be the new Naxxramas. If the pattern holds true, Sunwell will be the only raid that gives good enough gear to justify still running it as opposed to getting quest rewards in the new continent.

On the other hand, Blizzard may be a little more generous this time around, and at least have Kara gear be useful for a couple more levels.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 11:30   Link #114
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj View Post
My main char has never been in a guild that can even do Kara, much less take a stab at all the stuff that comes after, due to the simple fact that I play a Ret Pally. Raid guilds are slaves to the formula that gives the best chance of success, and any class that doesn't conform is left in the cold. So, personally, I want to see more solo and small group oriented content, and for that to happen, apparently a whole new expansion needs to come out.

As for the raids becoming useless - well, yeah, of course. Kara is going to be just like Onyxia is now. Only run occasionally, and only by people looking to finish off the quest line or just for nostalgia's sake. Either way it's embarassingly easy to down the boss with a raid full of 70s (Onyxia, that is - Melchazzar will be easy with 80s). Black Temple and Zul'aman will be like Molten Core and Sunwell will be the new Naxxramas. If the pattern holds true, Sunwell will be the only raid that gives good enough gear to justify still running it as opposed to getting quest rewards in the new continent.

On the other hand, Blizzard may be a little more generous this time around, and at least have Kara gear be useful for a couple more levels.
Well you would hope...but knowing Blizzard they wont...So you'll get your epic Kara gear..then the new expansion comes out and it immediatly becomes useless XD...What I'm looking forward to, is seeing someone within the first week after WotLK realses have a lvl 80 and a Death Night..so I can be like...dude...get a life....Yes..it shall be awsomes....Happend with BC...saw a lvl 70 Draniel mage after 2 weeks when it relased..and I did the same thing XD
Old 2007-09-28, 11:51   Link #115
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well you would hope...but knowing Blizzard they wont...So you'll get your epic Kara gear..then the new expansion comes out and it immediatly becomes useless XD...What I'm looking forward to, is seeing someone within the first week after WotLK realses have a lvl 80 and a Death Night..so I can be like...dude...get a life....Yes..it shall be awsomes....Happend with BC...saw a lvl 70 Draniel mage after 2 weeks when it relased..and I did the same thing XD
Lol, the expansion came out on the 16th (I lined up with my roommate to get our pre-ordered copies)..then I immediately got the flu, so I stayed inside and played WoW all day once my headaches stopped..got my priest to 70 on the 28th, after 12 rl days. Still not as impressive as levelling a draenei to 70, I know.

About the level cap: I spent soooo many hours in Molten Core raiding. Now all of that gear is useless. Well, I guess it was somewhat fun along the way..though MC can also be really, really boring.
Old 2007-09-28, 12:05   Link #116
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakarst View Post
Lol, the expansion came out on the 16th (I lined up with my roommate to get our pre-ordered copies)..then I immediately got the flu, so I stayed inside and played WoW all day once my headaches stopped..got my priest to 70 on the 28th, after 12 rl days. Still not as impressive as levelling a draenei to 70, I know.

About the level cap: I spent soooo many hours in Molten Core raiding. Now all of that gear is useless. Well, I guess it was somewhat fun along the way..though MC can also be really, really boring.
Well, You had the flu...so it's reasonable...I do the same thing when I'm home sick from school, I play WoW all day...But even if this person was sick....TO get a Deaeni to lvl 70 in 2 weeks....you must really have no life to be able to do that
Old 2007-09-28, 13:56   Link #117
Jenya

Send a message via ICQ to Jenya
I don't know, I probably won't return. At some point in the past we were #7 in 2x2 Arena Misery battlegroup. I feel that I achived all I could in that game.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aul&n=November
Jenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 17:47   Link #118
Ending

Quote:
have been stuck in gruuls lair for over 2 months now because it is so hard to find the required class balance and people to beat mag, void reaver and so on =\
That's still better than what we got here: we got exactly two guilds capable of running Karazhan regularly and only now they are *almost* about to enter to Gruul's Lair. One of which declined my request to join in, effectively cutting my chances to get into raids by 50% right there.

Getting to see anything after Gruul's is impossible on our server due of that reason alone.

Quote:
Raid guilds are slaves to the formula that gives the best chance of success, and any class that doesn't conform is left in the cold.
That's true. Rogues are also ones to suffer from this, since many of the raid bosses have insta-gib spells and if the rogue aggroes them too much, he's toast for sure. It would be much better if the first two or three raid-areas had more slack to spare instead of everyone having to play by the script to the dot. Frankly, I do not believe any of the raids to be doable in any other way, since the damage output of the mobs and bosses is so ridicilously high.

Quote:
Kara is going to be just like Onyxia is now. Only run occasionally, and only by people looking to finish off the quest line or just for nostalgia's sake.
Very rarely, I'd say. I went to Zul'Gurub once with about ten lv.70 guildies and it was terribly boring. I'm sure we could had even ran it like a regular dungeon with five men, minus the loot and EXP. But I heard that they were going to redesign Naxx for lv.80 characters, so perhaps it's not totally hopeless to see some other, old raids being fitted for new content...

Quote:
I feel that I achived all I could in that game.
That's how I feel too. You could say we have seen the ending screens, so time to move on to do other things.
Old 2007-09-29, 02:11   Link #119
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I am on kael'thas which server are you guys on?
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 07:08   Link #120
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I am on kael'thas which server are you guys on?
Mannoroth (US server). I never really played that much after expansion came out..but back before expansion, it was famous for having the following:
-2nd server to open the AQ gates, remarkable since Manno is a PVP server and still beat out every PVE server except for Medivh
-I believe it had the highest number of guilds who killed Nef (wow, that was so long ago, lol)
-Fratley, who 2-manned brd and 3-manned brs with his Thunderfury. I think this was when the dungeons were harder and ubrs was still 15-man
-Zinwrath (a series of comedy films set in WoW)

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows