AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 7 21.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 30.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 15.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-25, 22:38   Link #21
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
what is the number over her missing eye and why do you suppose it's there for
It looks like a 1/2 (as in one half, or one divided by two), although I don't know why. Well, obviously, she only has 1/2 of her eyes, so that's something, but it could also be related to her magic. Medusa covers herself with arrows, and her magic involves arrows. Maybe the head witch's magic involves numbers? This leads to a slightly interesting idea that the witches are using some complicated form of numerology or arithmancy, considering Medusa uses vector arrows.
Old 2008-06-26, 02:00   Link #22
Chase

the blair/soul/death the kid scene had me dying

and lol @ death the kid scanning the room, i just had that feeling if their would have been something out of place...........
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-06-26, 03:01   Link #23
Ransom

The room in Soul's head being an homage to the famous Red Room of Twin Peaks (From the curtain and checkered floor, down to the little man dancing with his arms out at his side) was rather amusing.
Old 2008-06-26, 07:34   Link #24
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Madame Demona.
Wow, that's pretty liberal.

Considering she's called Mabaa-sama (魔婆様), in Japanese, I'm assuming that's a title rather than a name. Every single witch we've met (and will meet) has had a Western name.

I would probably go with The Crone if I had to choose something in English.
Old 2008-06-26, 09:43   Link #25
Tadashi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post

Considering she's called Mabaa-sama (魔婆様), in Japanese, I'm assuming that's a title rather than a name. Every single witch we've met (and will meet) has had a Western name.

Yeah, it was pretty liberal
And that's not true about the western names. Mizune and Eruka are just plays on the words nezumi and kaeru.
Old 2008-06-26, 10:55   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

All I'll say is, Blair is as cute as a kitten as she's sexy as a woman.
Old 2008-06-26, 11:04   Link #27
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
the blair/soul/death the kid scene had me dying

and lol @ death the kid scanning the room, i just had that feeling if their would have been something out of place...........
I'm actually surprised he didn't freak out at anything. There was a lot of stuff that seemed out of place or not perfectly placed.
Old 2008-06-26, 11:16   Link #28
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Great episode, but then again, all episodes with Medusa are great
Old 2008-06-26, 11:31   Link #29
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadashi28 View Post
Yeah, it was pretty liberal
And that's not true about the western names. Mizune and Eruka are just plays on the words nezumi and kaeru.
You're right, I forgot about them. Let me amend that then, every single Witch we've seen (and will see) has had a katakana name.
Old 2008-06-26, 14:07   Link #30
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm actually surprised he didn't freak out at anything. There was a lot of stuff that seemed out of place or not perfectly placed.
LOL I thought the same thing since I noticed the pictures on the walls where in perfect symmetry. Maybe he wasnt freaking out cuz it wasnt his stuff. Of course that wouldnt explain the freak out he had with Anubis but looking too much into Kid's idiosyncricies. I did like seeing them all in regular clothes just hanging out.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-26, 14:21   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well I think Kid's obsession with symmetry is rather inconsistant even through the manga which is a shame.
I did lol at him staring at Blair's naked body for the longest though (whereas Soul was just KO'ed ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-26, 14:53   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Blair's body is nicely symmetrical.

Also, there was no crooked frame in the manga.
Old 2008-06-26, 15:34   Link #33
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well I think Kid's obsession with symmetry is rather inconsistant even through the manga which is a shame.
I did lol at him staring at Blair's naked body for the longest though (whereas Soul was just KO'ed ).
If it was perfectly consistent and applied to everything he'd never stop panicking about asymmetry and things that just don't make sense to him. When the obsessiveness really hits him, he can't think straight or on some occasions even move (frankly, I find it a tad depressing, but this is a comedy...). To some extent I think Kid needs to cope with it, both in canon as a person, and as a character for him to function in the story.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:08   Link #34
BigGimp77

Solid episode. The scene about Soul's dream was done nicely and I loved the voice for the little devil. It took me a minute to figure out who the voice was, it was bothering me like hell.

I'm actually really excited to read the manga when the anime is done (I usually wait till after the anime is over to read the manga for some reason lol). BONES seems to go away from the manga on most of their stuff so it's always fun to read the original material and get a different story.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:54   Link #35
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Anime messed up by changing the premise from the beginning. Don't think about it too much.
Well Medusa did tell the snake to devour her without a trace, so in the anime version at least it probably did consume her soul. Which makes sense since a witch's soul isn't something she'd want to leave lying around in the middle of Shibusen...
Old 2008-06-26, 21:13   Link #36
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

This was good episode.but man we all know that Kid isn't a virgin it looks straight at Blair's body i wouldn't be surprised if he washed with her
Old 2008-06-26, 22:20   Link #37
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It looks like a 1/2 (as in one half, or one divided by two), although I don't know why. Well, obviously, she only has 1/2 of her eyes, so that's something, but it could also be related to her magic. Medusa covers herself with arrows, and her magic involves arrows. Maybe the head witch's magic involves numbers? This leads to a slightly interesting idea that the witches are using some complicated form of numerology or arithmancy, considering Medusa uses vector arrows.
You may be onto something here.
Quote:

What's a "crone"? and what do we call this witch?
Old 2008-06-26, 23:38   Link #38
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What's a "crone"? and what do we call this witch?
crone
–noun
a withered, witchlike old woman.

In Japanese they call her "mabaa" which is sort of a combination of "old lady" and "witch" although it seems to be used in a respectful way. I think "The Crone" when used as a title would work.

Last edited by Clarste; 2008-06-27 at 15:55.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:49   Link #39
Torak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
I'm actually really excited to read the manga when the anime is done (I usually wait till after the anime is over to read the manga for some reason lol). BONES seems to go away from the manga on most of their stuff so it's always fun to read the original material and get a different story.
Hah i actually do the same I'm doing that for FMA!

But the episode was good I dont think it was the best but it was still good...
Old 2008-06-27, 13:13   Link #40
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So im pretty late on episode 12 but regardless i liked Medusa is such a beast and her part time job beside being nurse might be a pimp or an assistant pimp with that jacket. I do like how the strain of what happened to Soul has strained Maka and Souls relationship its been done pretty well. I am going to watch the episode again since i watched it at like 3am so i feel like i missed somethings. A more complete post once i see it again.