Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 09:07   Link #141
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I don't have the translation but heres the romaji~

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:14   Link #142
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry for asking, but if someone could post the lyrics of the sayonara song ( the ending song) please ?
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/saikano/sayonara.htm
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 00:29   Link #143
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I saw the first episode on a whim today and it's a nice slow opener leading up to the abrupt moment that forever shatters the two lead characters notions of what a human relationship is. The end part with the sudden title card after Chise appears in her new form seems to hint that the first episode is only like a prelude and the real series starts with episode 2, and much of the drama I think is coming.

Though one major major problem. The voice actor for Shuji is absolutely terribly abysmally awful beyond even my worst experiences with Japanese Seiyuus. I had a hard time taking the character seriously at all unless Chise was around to pick up the slack in the relationship scenes because of his flat deep voiced William Shatneresque delivery. This was the guys only role ever and probably with good reason as he has absolutely no acting talent whatsoever if the first episode is any indication. I'm actually kind of worried how this is going to work as the story hinges on the narration of Shuji and his feelings as far as I can tell and when they come out like that, again it's really hard to feel anything significant. We'll see....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 20:40   Link #144
space cowboy
cowboy of space

The manga for Me was beyond amazing, and far far better than that of the anime. It went so deep into humanity's flaws and need to survive whilst constantly reminding you of hope through the love story of two ordinary high school children living two extraordinary lives.

Shuiji and chise for me represented humanity's lust for love and will to exist.

Some moments are very sad in the manga, one especially with Akemi, which if you have read is so fucking sad you will cry no matter what.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 21:40   Link #145
iLney

Indeed, somehow I had a feeling that the anime had done something very wrong.

The emotions conveyed in the manga is beyond extraordinary. Too bad the anime failed at that
________
CL350

Last edited by iLney; 2011-01-18 at 10:09.
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 00:17   Link #146
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Agreed, the manga(which I just started reading recentley) so far is much better than the anime. I've seen the anime first, but it never stood out too much too me. I heard the manga was much better and since I've started reading it thats been true in my case and I'm looking forward to continue reading it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 20:51   Link #147
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Yea i read the manga first and the anime didnt appeal to me at all but i still watched it. I noticed they cut out alot of scenes which is understandable.

Is it just me though or is the OAV really good, i love the added love story.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:59   Link #148
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
Yea i read the manga first and the anime didnt appeal to me at all but i still watched it. I noticed they cut out alot of scenes which is understandable.

Is it just me though or is the OAV really good, i love the added love story.
I have done the other way; I watched the anime first, and after, I read the manga. I can't say tha I prefer one version over the other ( both versions face strenghts and weekness.
I don't know why but the OAV was a deception for me, I don't think than is only because I expected something better...
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:47   Link #149
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

well... this is one of those anime series that you either love or hate.....

I must say .. first of all... that it took me a while to find this thread (5 years actually) ... lol ...but now seriously, Saikano scarred me for life. .... not kidding, I mean those songs ... good lord, I remember watching the intros and the endings all the way through and episode after episode it takes a way a part of you.... that Sayonara song is so touching is dangerous ... really ... it messes up with your feelings. Maybe that's why this is the only anime sountrack I've ever purchased (along with the series on dvd) ... yeah I know what ur thinking ... masochist! .. but there is something that compelled me to buy the soundtrack... The soundtrack of the OVA was also very nice and touching....

Its been like 5 years since I last saw it and I know that I can watch it at any time but I remember being so shattered after watching it... I don't want to watch this series until I feel I need to get sentimental and cry some more...

There have been anime series that make me sad... but I have yet to see one that takes me so deep like Saikano did ...

I guess I was able to identify a lil more with the story cause at the time I was making plans to enlist in the army .... and also had a very cute girlfriend.... what more can I say, I am a sentimental guy and I saw this anime at a crucial point in my life.....

Last edited by CuXe; 2008-10-21 at 03:55.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 01:40   Link #150
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
well... this is one of those anime series that you either love or hate.....

I must say .. first of all... that it took me a while to find this thread (5 years actually) ... lol ...but now seriously, Saikano scarred me for life. .... not kidding, I mean those songs ... good lord, I remember watching the intros and the endings all the way through and episode after episode it takes a way a part of you.... that Sayonara song is so touching is dangerous ... really ... it messes up with your feelings. Maybe that's why this is the only anime sountrack I've ever purchased (along with the series on dvd) ... yeah I know what ur thinking ... masochist! .. but there is something that compelled me to buy the soundtrack... The soundtrack of the OVA was also very nice and touching....

Its been like 5 years since I last saw it and I know that I can watch it at any time but I remember being so shattered after watching it... I don't want to watch this series until I feel I need to get sentimental and cry some more...

There have been anime series that make me sad... but I have yet to see one that takes me so deep like Saikano did ...

I guess I was able to identify a lil more with the story cause at the time I was making plans of enlisting in the army .... and also had a very cute girlfriend.... what more can I say, I am a sentimental guy and I saw this anime at a crucial point in my life.....
If you like this type of story, check out Iriya no Sora. The events mostly center on the main couple in Iriya, but it's a series that gets my nod of approval.
Old 2008-10-21, 03:51   Link #151
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
If you like this type of story, check out Iriya no Sora. The events mostly center on the main couple in Iriya, but it's a series that gets my nod of approval.
dam... will do.. I've added it to my list... will also have ready some comedy/ecchi/fight type of shallow anime to get me out of the whole this one is going to throw me into .....(maybe I'll watch Family guy ..after all "Bird is the Word"... lol).. who knows... I survived Saikano... don't know if this one has the right "soundtracks" to go along with the story...

I'll report back in a few weeks (pushing Clanad further to the bottom of my pending list....)...Chaos;Head also looks good

Last edited by CuXe; 2008-10-21 at 04:11.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 06:18   Link #152
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
dam... will do.. I've added it to my list... will also have ready some comedy/ecchi/fight type of shallow anime to get me out of the whole this one is going to throw me into .....(maybe I'll watch Family guy ..after all "Bird is the Word"... lol).. who knows... I survived Saikano... don't know if this one has the right "soundtracks" to go along with the story...

I'll report back in a few weeks (pushing Clanad further to the bottom of my pending list....)...Chaos;Head also looks good
Well, the OP for Iriya is hauntingly beautiful to me, although Your Mileage May Vary. Also, like SaiKano, after the OVA, check out the light novels. Also, a manga is on-going.
Old 2008-10-21, 13:28   Link #153
Mariko Kurama
Asakura Ryoko fanboy

Really effective story, although I think the manga's is slightly better. Then again, the anime has a great soundtrack so it evens out somewhat.
Mariko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 22:32   Link #154
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Post some already agreed with me

Just started to watch this after months of anime strike ( ?? ) and I have to say i don't need to wait for the last episode to realize how disappointed. I don't really know the reasons, besides of those already mentioned. I remember being a big big fan of the manga some years ago, but I just don't like the waily lines, and the voices themselves. Storyline is great, though, even if completely unlikely.

Anyway, don't watch, read instead!
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:11   Link #155
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Orikasa Fumiko and Miki Shinichiro are about the best part of the cast.
Old 2008-11-08, 23:36   Link #156
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël View Post
Just started to watch this after months of anime strike ( ?? ) and I have to say i don't need to wait for the last episode to realize how disappointed. I don't really know the reasons, besides of those already mentioned. I remember being a big big fan of the manga some years ago, but I just don't like the waily lines, and the voices themselves. Storyline is great, though, even if completely unlikely.

Anyway, don't watch, read instead!
Myself, I enjoyed both, they have their strenghts and weeknesses.
The way the manga end is better, he is more complete but is too mature for being something to be a easy sugestion.
Old 2008-11-09, 02:06   Link #157
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Thumbs up actually

I will agree with ganbaru when I'm finished watching this anime. I actually sometimes gets angry at friends of mine who pretend they know what japanese animation is all about even though they absolutely never read manga. I assume this is an eternal debate. Reading and "thinking" will always be harder but more rewarding than watching your screen and swallow what you're given.
I'll stop here, first because I do not like to make enemies, and then because I'm indeed a big big anime who would never let go of his animated Keroro or Haruhi!
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 02:47   Link #158
Tiran86

I hated this anime. Its boring and depressing for 11 out of 13 episodes, a really really bad combination. Probably my least favorite anime of all time.

The childhood friend's (I forget her name) death scene and the ending were good, I will admit that.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 03:10   Link #159
Theowne
耳をすませば

I recall being rather moved by this anime, but I do agree that it tried to hard to force sadness on the viewer in certain scenes, creeping towards melodrama territory. Still, it isn't a bad recommendations by any means.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 03:22   Link #160
SukyAnime2

Ah. This is the unknown anime DVD I saw sitting at my uncles dvd player many* years ago!

I don't know much about this series (i only saw the dvd cover), but hehe, brought back a little bit of nostalgia
SukyAnime2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance